PDA

View Full Version : Need help with plateau

Obeast88
06-01-2017, 04:10 PM
As stated in the tile I've hit a plateau for a few months now and can't break it. I'm just starting an new 20 week cycle which will consist of 750 mg test 1-20 anadrol 50 ed for a kickstart then week 6-18 tren e 500 mg and masteron e 600 to harden me up. It's a great stack but I just need help with picking a new routine or program to build the most strength and muscle I can while on cycle. I've been doing the push.pull legs rest routine for quite awhile. Example: back and bis on Monday chest and triceps on Tuesday legs on Wednesday then rest day Thursday shoulder and traps Friday arms rest then repeat. Any help will be appreciated I just need new exercises or whole routine that will help me make gainz!! My diet is good I eat roughly 200 grams of prtein from food and then another sixty or so from shakes. Carbs probably 300 grams a day maybe a little more and fats minimal. Some people say eat more carbs but I'm carb sensitive and will get fat as fuck that way lol. Calorie intake for gaining somewhere around 3200 and 3600.

turbolnd
06-01-2017, 04:26 PM
I'll give my 2 cents. I'm naturally an ectomoroh. Gains are hard. But what I do is ramp and then down on weight. I.E. hammer curls. Start at 40 lbs. Set of 20. 10 per side. Then go to 45 lbs. Set of 18. 9 per side. Then 50 lbs. Set of 16. 8 per side. Then repeat 50 lbs. Set of 16. 8 per side. And so on. On each set I take only 30 second break. Except for the two highest weight sets. Between those two I take a 1 minute break. I pretty much follow same concept for every muscle group. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bulk_cut
06-01-2017, 04:38 PM
If/when you hit a plateau you need to look at your diet and make some changes. Most people are carb sensative. Reduce your carbs and increase your good fats.

turbolnd
06-01-2017, 04:43 PM
You also have to consider homeostasis. I mean who knows what the right answer really is. We're all giving suggestions. But I read an article I think on this forum. But it has to do with your body upping it's myostatin. It's also possible there's nothing wrong with diet, training or gear. But your body wanting to limit growth. I went through this. Was stick at 190 lbs for a while. Didn't change anything and in one cycle got up to 205 lbs. But that was after going through 3 cycles. On the 3rd one I broke through.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stephen220
06-01-2017, 08:14 PM
All great options also you could incorporate drop sets, supersets, do negatives or a slower negative on reps. I do all these and switch bb movements to db or vise versa. I had the same problem when I hit 200 lbs and this helped. Now I cycle my routines whenever I stall on weights and it helps. It's all learning how to work your body and go on feel also.

Obeast88
06-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Thanks all of you for your advice. My diet is definiteyl not the issue could add few more healthy fats but that is it. Well hopefully this cycle will help push through it all and imma gonna try to do a lot more negatives with slightly lower weight one week then go heavy the next and see how it goes from there. I'm really more worried about size then strength so hypertrophy is main goal.

Rock Diesel
06-02-2017, 05:57 AM
When I hit a plateau, what works best for me is change. I'll change everything up from my routine, sets/rep schemes, which muscle groups I train together, cardio... everything. Your body is the most amazing machine on this planet. It can and will adapt to anything and everything you throw at it.

My most stubborn plateaus take me back to the basics. No fancy movements, very little machine work, just me and the bar and heavy poundage. Bench, squats and deadlifts. Once I can feel myself growing and getting stronger, then I'll start throwing some auxiliary movements back in.

jsnm
06-02-2017, 02:09 PM
This is definitely one of my biggest struggles,what is my limit and when is enough,enough?
I sure as hell don't see an end to it,but every time I feel like I'm hitting a plateau and not putting on more
size or weight,it pushes me harder and makes me more strict on what I need to change and do.
I usually break that next barrier I felt like I couldn't reach,and put on a couple more pounds.
It is definitely a process,but it can be a mind fuck as well.

Paradox
06-02-2017, 02:26 PM
Change your routine.. include more volume. Have it change every 4-6 weeks. Incorporate different strategies in each. Diet sounds like its on point, if you increase carbs do it slowly and don't add a ton. Sometimes alm you need is a little extra

Or even better.. get a coach. Online.. don't worry about a diet coach just get someone​ that will do personalised training programs. You would be surprised how good they are, its the small things they include that we would have never really thought of.. like sticking to a tempo. Timing your rests between sets. And reducing rest by 20-30 seconds between sets every few weeks. It challenges you

Obeast88
06-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Could you suggest any decent coaches for a training routine because this cycle I'm on should be the best one to day with the compounds I'm running and I want to do my best

jsnm
06-02-2017, 08:20 PM
That's a good point too,I wanted to get a good training coach locally but there isn't anything decent in my area at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paradox
06-03-2017, 05:47 AM
Could you suggest any decent coaches for a training routine because this cycle I'm on should be the best one to day with the compounds I'm running and I want to do my best

On a budget Mike Thurston, 3 months (2 routines) for 70 pounds (from memory) is pretty good. Ive used him myself and i like it.
mike thurston (http://www.mikethurston.co.uk/)

Or there's this guy doing $50aud a month intro package sounds pretty good, but haven't used myself. Join the HyperDBS Movement (https://nickcheadlefitness.clickfunnels.com/sales-page)

But it really comes down to your goals. Of its for phsyique those guys would be good.. if its for strength and powerlifting i would suggest others that's about double the price and will require commitment. But will yealed results

Paradox
06-03-2017, 06:00 AM
That's a good point too,I wanted to get a good training coach locally but there isn't anything decent in my area at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online coaches bro. Can be worthwhile. But sometimes costs as much as the months gear lol