PDA

View Full Version : AvidFisherman's fat slob to heartthrob log

AvidFisherman
06-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Ive been reading, researching, and talking about nutrition for a while now. Its time for me to stop talking the talk and walk the walk. I need to stay consistant and develope eating strategies that are healthy and maintainable.

I plan on taking in 3000 k/cal per day and fast on Sunday. I will have a total of 18,000 k/cal per week. It will be a macronutrient breakdown of 38g carbs, 150g fat, and 375g of protein. All of the carbs will be through leafy greens and spillover from cottage cheese etc.

Stats:
34 years old
315lbs
Body fat, somewhere in the 20s percent. Calipers say a little under 20% bioelectrical impedance says a bit over 20%. People say from my pictures its well above 20%, you be the judge.

Training:
Lift 45 minutes, give or take 15 minutes every day on a chest and bicep, legs and abs, back and tricep, and shoulders, calves, and abs rotation.

My left collarbone broke years ago and didn't heal right and Ive got a lagging left trap. Ill post a pic. Im working on increasing its size.

Cardio:
30min moderate to intense at least 4 times a week. (The moderate to intense aspect will be hard for me to stick to)

Limitations:
I have little willpower at night to not eat peanutbutter. Peabutbutter and honey and peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches are my downfall. As such I will try to abstain from them completely.

Assists:
Test 300mg/ew
Anavar 25mg/ed with 300mg caffeine
Hgh 5iu/ed
Edit: 50mcg cytomel/ed
Maybe clen, yohimbe, and dnp, still undecided
(Compounds may change)

If there is anything else you would like to know feel free to ask.

Dont wanna be old
06-01-2017, 07:03 PM
How did you come up with 100mcg Cytomel ?
DWBO

Judgmentalist
06-01-2017, 07:03 PM
1.) Good luck cuz. Go do it. :)

2.) 20% BF @ 315lbs.? Goddamn how tall are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AvidFisherman
06-01-2017, 07:07 PM
As you can see my left trap is not well developed... and I have man titties.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170601/0dbb7395b665bf8b415553f9f3a84256.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/6d942391208ced2d8476699a671f4ea6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/82086348730a1d432e9f255222a7b62f.jpg
Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

mjm
06-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Good luck. Stay focused and get it done. I like the title of your thread.

Fast Willie from Philly
06-01-2017, 07:10 PM
I had to check out your threat after I read The Heading bro. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, I like your boobies! I wish I had some

Steele7
06-01-2017, 07:14 PM
I had to check out your threat after I read The Heading bro. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, I like your boobies! I wish I had some
You're not right. You ain't but you're not right

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

JohnDoe
06-01-2017, 07:37 PM
I am NOT trying to be mean to you at all when I say what I'm about to....I am literally and seriously concerned for your health and well-being.

You need to focus more on controlling your diet and nutrition before all else. Get this under control, make as much progress this route before adding in a ton of drugs.

T3 is in micrograms not milligrams. You do NOT need 100mcg ED of t3. You would do well with half that amount. Too much can be dangerous. It will also increase your heart rate and blood pressure.

5iu ED of HGH will also increase your blood pressure.

300mg ED of caffeine will increase heart rate and blood pressure.

Anavar can increase blood pressure.

Testosterone can increase blood pressure.

Clen will increase blood pressure and heart rate.

DNP is toxic as fuck and I wouldn't run anything alongside that except maybe Test.

Brother - are you trying to kill yourself or just see how fucked you can get?

Keep it simple.

There are no good shortcuts to be taken here.

You are on a course set for disaster, stroke, cardiovascular issues, or death.

Please re-think your strategy.

AvidFisherman
06-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Okay. After JohnDoe's remarks no clen, yohimbe, dnp, and t3 will be cut in half. Im not too worried about my blood pressure, I have an electronic cuff and monitor it regularly. Its hardly ever much above 130/80. But I am interested in cost/reward ratio and if more experienced people say the cost is too high I have no problem changing course.

AvidFisherman
06-01-2017, 07:49 PM
I forgot to mention. I got some IGF-LR3 from Scroxx and I am going to inject it into my left trap every day and see if I can see any improvement.

Dont wanna be old
06-01-2017, 08:06 PM
VEGAN !!!
Buy Organic Celery or Apple to go with that Natural Peanut Butter at night .
If you eat fruits , Vegetables and nuts you don't have to count your calories.
If you like to eat get popcorn . Eat one at a time . Took me a while to get used to it .
Thats all I'm gonna say about that .
DWBO

AvidFisherman
06-01-2017, 08:20 PM
VEGAN !!!
Buy Organic Celery or Apple to go with that Natural Peanut Butter at night .
If you eat fruits , Vegetables and nuts you don't have to count your calories.
If you like to eat get popcorn . Eat one at a time . Took me a while to get used to it .
Thats all I'm gonna say about that .
DWBO
I've thought about going pescetarian or vegetarian, I don't think that would be a hard transition but never vegan. I had a couple vegan roommates in college. I bet them some money I could go a week on a vegan diet. I was out the first day, I did not realize my bread had milk in it. They didn't let me know I lost until the week was up...

AvidFisherman
06-01-2017, 08:45 PM
If I got gyno I bet I could make a lot if money in Thailand.

Fast Willie from Philly
06-01-2017, 09:34 PM
You're not right. You ain't but you're not right

Trust me, nowhere on my resume or my my background check does it say that I'm right

Fast Willie from Philly
06-01-2017, 09:35 PM

He'll bro I know some places in this country you could make money! You let me know if you want somebody to be your marketing agent

Fast Willie from Philly
06-01-2017, 09:37 PM

Seriously though dwbo has really good information and he cares. It's hard to find people like that in this world but not on here. BOP is the mother fuckin BOMB

AngieNY
06-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Hey Brother
You have a really solid foundation to have an incredible physique! I was where you are now... in fact, probably worse, I had a TON of weight to lose because I gained so much, became very depressed and inactive. While everything in me wanted to use gear to get where I needed to be, I knew it would be a huge mistake. I first needed to grab hold of my eating habits - when I did... over a period of 6 months I lost 45 lbs - that's with out even stepping into a gym. I came back to BOP on a more frequent basis because I love the motivation and hard work all the guys put in here. They all inspire me! Now, On March 19 of this year, I went zero carbs (bread, rice, pasta, sat fat, sugar) nothing but veggies and lean meat - I did have help with Private Labels Phen and I have to tell you, it never would have been possible for me to do what I did with out it. From 3/19 to present - I lost 28 lbs. NOW, I started a nice 12 week cycle and I'm in the gym every morning!

So Brother, please like JD pointed out to you, the gear isnt important now - getting control of what you eat and when you eat is. I will guarantee you, you look up a few videos on youtube and really dial in your food consumption and you will see amazing results. I promise! And feel free to PM me anytime! We're all here for you :D

AvidFisherman
06-01-2017, 11:07 PM
How did you come up with 100mcg Cytomel ?
DWBO
For some reason this did not show up for me before. I read that under 50mcg was too close to your natural production to be efficient and you should not go above 125mcg.

Dont wanna be old
06-01-2017, 11:43 PM
I've thought about going pescetarian or vegetarian, I don't think that would be a hard transition but never vegan. I had a couple vegan roommates in college. I bet them some money I could go a week on a vegan diet. I was out the first day, I did not realize my bread had milk in it. They didn't let me know I lost until the week was up...

Almond milk
Bread is fine , Multi Grain and Ezikel .
Don't have to be full on Vegan but try when ever possible
Good Luck
DWBO

AvidFisherman
06-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Almond milk
Bread is fine , Multi Grain and Ezikel .
Don't have to be full on Vegan but try when ever possible
Good Luck
DWBO
Are you vegan?

Dont wanna be old
06-01-2017, 11:51 PM
For some reason this did not show up for me before. I read that under 50mcg was too close to your natural production to be efficient and you should not go above 125mcg.

I will throat punch whoever fed you this info .
100mcg will have your heart racing . You would have to ramp up to get there .
Get a Heartrate application on your phone . Check rested HR without supps for a week to get average.
Then take 50mcg T3 . HR will be increased .

Good luck
DWBO

Paradox
06-02-2017, 12:01 AM
Throw away the peanut butter and anything that may tempt you

You have a good starting point, even without the added chemicals by eating right and training you will feel the difference in the first 1-2 weeks.. remember cardio takes a while to really build so don't let that put you off

And in my honest opinion clen is the most over rated pointless drug. Well for me anyway. What is your current resting heart rate? All it Will do is elevate that.. then evelvate it even more during actual cardio making it harder even though its a vasodilator, but yo will find yourself reaching a higher HR alot easier. But spending a lot less energy to get to the target HR.. which is counter productive in my opinion as you want to be using more energy. Yes theres the argument that it will be the ssme or even more because you'll be using more energy at rest, but that's only from the increased strain on the heart and not from a fitness perspective. Well thats basically my experience from it

AvidFisherman
06-02-2017, 12:12 AM
I just got done working out chest and my heartbeat is 104bpm. Ill relax in the pool a while and check what it is rested.

AvidFisherman
06-02-2017, 12:40 AM
86bpm

Boombalaty
06-02-2017, 01:18 AM
Brother, I would do like most have said and loose as much as possible before adding any drugs. It is good to save that for down the road to help you push past the inevitable plateaus. You can do so much just on diet alone. You can totally do this man, you already have a good base of muscle, just put that shit to work! I will follow along and Im no expert but, i will for sure try to help you out where I can.

Boombalaty
06-02-2017, 01:26 AM
What is your diet like currently my man? 38 carbs is nearly nothing and unless you have been doing low carb you will probably feel like shit and have very little energy. If you are just starting to try and loose weight I believe a gradual caloric decrease is the best idea. Start -500 cals a day and run that til you start to plateau, then cut 500 per day again. If you start to low you have no place to go when you get stuck and you end up jacking up your metabolism(I know this from personal experience). I think maybe start around 200g carbs a day, protein numbers look good. Maybe some others will chime in a bit too but honestly diet is a very large majority of getting where you want to be, drugs or no drugs.

AvidFisherman
06-02-2017, 01:38 AM
Brother, I would do like most have said and loose as much as possible before adding any drugs. It is good to save that for down the road to help you push past the inevitable plateaus. You can do so much just on diet alone. You can totally do this man, you already have a good base of muscle, just put that shit to work! I will follow along and Im no expert but, i will for sure try to help you out where I can.
Ive been lifting for a long time and doubt I can gain much more muscle and I dont really care if I do or not. The test and anavar are pretty low dose and just there to preserve muscle with the catabolic compounds I'm running on a calorie deficit.

Boombalaty
06-02-2017, 01:49 AM
I get it man, I just want to save you from the screw up I ended up making. I feel like I set myself back a good bit by trying to cut cals too far too fast. I ended up having to increase slowly up to my maintenance cals which was double what I was eating and stay at that a few weeks and start cutting from there again. Have you been trying to cut for a while? I honestly feel like t3, clen, yohim, and shit like that should be saved for a good way into the cut. Cutting def gets harder the leaner you get. Track your cals with my fitness pal(everything, even the pb and jelly at night)(lol I also have a weakness for this). Starting at 3k is prob a good place to start. Run that a couple weeks, see where you are, adjust from there.

joko123
06-02-2017, 01:55 AM
If you're gonna go that low on carbs I think you should just drop them , you're gonna be teasing your body into thinking it's getting glucose as energy source and they take them away. Keto sucks for the first week, but after your body is used to running on ketones it's very tolerable

Boombalaty
06-02-2017, 02:03 AM
Oh yea, I also think fasting for 24+ hours is not necessarily a good idea. Maybe some will disagree but, you could potentially loose muscle and food takes energy to process. Anything that stops the metabolism process seems counter productive to me.

Boombalaty
06-02-2017, 02:05 AM
I dont know alot about keto but I feel like this is another tool that may be best utilized when a hard plateau comes along. I have lost alot of fat, gained some muscle and I cant think of a time I ever went less that 125g carbs daily.
If you're gonna go that low on carbs I think you should just drop them , you're gonna be teasing your body into thinking it's getting glucose as energy source and they take them away. Keto sucks for the first week, but after your body is used to running on ketones it's very tolerable

AvidFisherman
06-02-2017, 02:17 AM
There is a lot of research on alternate day fasts and it does not decrease metabolism and has many protective measures involved. Plus on the weekends I have trouble not eating my kids cereals, etc.

I have only been dieting for 2 months.

I thought as long as I stay under 50g per day I will go into ketosis? Im just eatimg leafy greens, broccoli, etc.

Boombalaty
06-02-2017, 02:20 AM
DAngit man.. lol cereal is another weakness of mine! Luckily my son dont eat cereal so if I dont get it at the store im not tempted. Replace that stuff with almond milk and a protein shake. Its not food but at night it seems to help me alot. Curbs the sweet tooth and puts something in the stomach.

AvidFisherman
06-02-2017, 02:28 AM
At night I eat Greek yogurt with stevia and blueberries or cottage cheese. Fills me up and tastes good. If I am going forward with this keto idea Ill probably have to limit the blueberries and cottage cheese though.

joko123
06-02-2017, 02:36 AM
There is a lot of research on alternate day fasts and it does not decrease metabolism and has many protective measures involved. Plus on the weekends I have trouble not eating my kids cereals, etc.

I have only been dieting for 2 months.

I thought as long as I stay under 50g per day I will go into ketosis? Im just eatimg leafy greens, broccoli, etc.

As long as your carb sources are from trace sources , greens , fibers etc that is fine.

It comes down to how bad you want it.

There's temptation all around us in all aspects of life , it's you verse your diet, it's a game , you should not be happy losing.

Steele7
06-02-2017, 02:42 AM
Brothers reading ALL THIS IS making ME realize it's time to step MY game

AvidFisherman
06-02-2017, 12:08 PM
After talking to a buddy I am dropping my t3 down to 25mcg per day for now.

Sqwuidd
06-02-2017, 12:20 PM
I agree with the general sentiment here. You need to diet and train without the use of all these drugs first. Hold the compounds till you get leaner.

I would still run some Test or something basic like that to promote muscle growth, better pumps at the gym etc but all the T3 and etc needs to wait in my opinion.

diet clean for 2-3 weeks, train hard and get your body into the swing that way. Once you drop BF and lean down a bit from that - then start talking about all the other drugs you got.

They won't evaporate!! save em !!

AvidFisherman
06-02-2017, 01:06 PM
It will put me into ketosis. Ive tried to do it before but couldn't make it out of the transition period from burning carbs to fat

AvidFisherman
06-02-2017, 06:27 PM
One last change and I'm locking everything in place for the next 10 weeks. On MyFitnessPal I am testing out possible meal options on a ketogenic diet and I am having trouble meeting the micronutrient goals. Im just going to go with a low carb diet instead of a keto diet. 338g protein, 100g fat, 188g carbs. This is it. Im now locked in and will not change anything until my 10 weeks are up.

Boombalaty
06-02-2017, 07:40 PM
You may need to change every couple of weeks but only a small amount. I personally think this looks much more viable and sustainable. Run this for 2 weeks and see where you are then. Ill follow along and try to help you out bro. I want to see you make this shit happen!

AvidFisherman
06-05-2017, 01:28 AM
I figure Ill post updated pics every Sunday. Hopefully we will see changes.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/610dc8afc9003b4d1a7f2ce9aac233ad.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/3964203e38849f5411d8ee32a54ab8e0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/285a6cc6f8eb70025d8d606b9cfbbc35.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/cb8ca6bf5fbf9294ab13e60686dbbaab.jpg

Boombalaty
06-05-2017, 01:30 AM
You got this man! I have faith in you brother and Ill do what I can to help!

Steele7
06-05-2017, 01:32 AM
I figure Ill post updated pics every Sunday. Hopefully we will see changes.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/610dc8afc9003b4d1a7f2ce9aac233ad.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/3964203e38849f5411d8ee32a54ab8e0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/285a6cc6f8eb70025d8d606b9cfbbc35.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/cb8ca6bf5fbf9294ab13e60686dbbaab.jpg

Keep it up brother. ALL THE WAY to the bank.

Xtreme4Life
06-05-2017, 01:55 AM
Kick some ass man. Will be following.

auswest
06-05-2017, 02:42 AM
Gonna be giving up the smokes?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AvidFisherman
06-05-2017, 02:47 AM
Gonna be giving up the smokes?

Those aren't mine. No alchol either.

auswest
06-05-2017, 03:09 AM
Those aren't mine. No alchol either.

Ahh good work mate, looked like you had a smoke in your hand
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/b52e86dd87a4ba05626a0f80e6ecaff1.jpg

JohnDoe
06-05-2017, 04:40 AM
Ahh good work mate, looked like you had a smoke in your hand
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170605/b52e86dd87a4ba05626a0f80e6ecaff1.jpg

LOL! It kinda does actually...but if you look at the picture upside down then it starts to just look like a light reflection off the cement and then perhaps a thumbnail giving the appearance of the filter part of a cigarette.

JohnDoe
06-05-2017, 04:42 AM
Good work AF! Let's keep making progress brother and by end of summer you will be bangin!

auswest
06-05-2017, 05:01 AM
LOL! It kinda does actually...but if you look at the picture upside down then it starts to just look like a light reflection off the cement and then perhaps a thumbnail giving the appearance of the filter part of a cigarette.
Hahah yup it does too, its a good illusion

AvidFisherman
06-05-2017, 08:44 AM
Hahah yup it does too, its a good illusion

So much analyses over a thumb. Lol

auswest
06-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Its a great thumb

JohnDoe
06-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Its a great thumb

LOL! [emoji23][emoji23]

joko123
06-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Diet it looks good brother! At first glance data look a little high, but if you're coming down in weight we want you eating the most amount of calories you can to start.

This is going to end nicely , your posting pics , logging and staying accountable
Great work brother

AvidFisherman
06-10-2017, 01:48 AM
Joko is helping me with my diet now. This image sums up my mood.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170610/47efdbf652ae21b56e570ebfa3446558.jpg

joko123
06-10-2017, 02:15 AM
Joko is helping me with my diet now. This image sums up my mood.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170610/47efdbf652ae21b56e570ebfa3446558.jpg

Haha we're on a mission ! How's it going this far ?

AvidFisherman
06-10-2017, 02:18 AM
Good, I've started putting collagen in my foods to give me some extra protein.

Boombalaty
06-10-2017, 02:32 AM
Still here following along brother! If I can help in any way hit me up. You got this!!

JohnDoe
06-10-2017, 03:23 AM
Still hangin w ya man!

JohnDoe
06-10-2017, 04:26 PM
What's goin down today brother?

G_nome76
06-10-2017, 05:51 PM
So what calorie intake did you decide to go with I'm working on dialing mine is as well.

JohnDoe
06-10-2017, 06:08 PM
DUDE! I SOMEHOW FORGOT ABOUT CANNED TUNA!!!!

I'm gonna start incorporating canned tuna into my daily diet and take out some carb heavy shit.

Ever think about eating tuna?

joko123
06-10-2017, 06:42 PM

I'm gonna start incorporating canned tuna into my daily diet and take out some carb heavy shit.

I used to do a lot canned tuna , really easy quick cheap snack

AvidFisherman
06-12-2017, 02:24 AM

Pretty fatigued today. Did some light cardio in the morning, rested and then did bis and shoulders in the afternoon, followed by some moderate cardio.

I eat some skipjack tuna. Tuna typically has a lot of mercury though. Salmon, anchovies, sardines, and fresh fish I catch is what I eat. I'm planning on frying up some crappie in some coconut oil, coated in pork rinds, later this week.

JohnDoe
06-12-2017, 11:27 AM
What's up AF! Let's get some progress this week buddy!!!!!

AvidFisherman
06-12-2017, 12:10 PM
What's up AF! Let's get some progress this week buddy!!!!!
Meal prep is done. Slept like a baby last night. Things are looking good for this week.

joko123
06-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Meal prep is done. Slept like a baby last night. Things are looking good for this week.

Awesome stuff gonna be a great week !

G_nome76
06-12-2017, 02:30 PM

How's the progress going bud? Sounds like your killing it.

AvidFisherman
06-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Its going well. Joko is helping me now and is having me go as close to zero carbs as I can. I think Ive already lost a lot of water weight, my stomach is much flatter now.

I am paranoid about my vitamins and minerals going so low on carbs so I am adding some fiber:

Access Denied (https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/fiber3.html?skuId=NOW711&PLASKU=NOW711&bbdevice=m&mcid=CG_PLA_US_GS_now&bbskuid=now711&gclid=CIeF1dDhuNQCFdU7gQodlI0PtA)

And a low carb vegetable powder:

Access Denied (https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/amazing-grass/green-superfood-powder.html?mcid=GGL_US_DSA_DSA_Whey_Protein&bbdevice=m&gclid=CJGmiLThuNQCFU47gQod9cwONQ)

Both will only add 12g of carbs with 9 from fiber. So, net carbs of 3g.

AvidFisherman
06-14-2017, 03:42 PM
Well darn, I woke up last night and ate 115 carbs worth of bread.

JohnDoe
06-14-2017, 03:45 PM
Well darn, I woke up last night and ate 115 carbs worth of bread.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170614/32dd31bae2a55abc7a60e86a35944d8f.jpg

AvidFisherman
06-16-2017, 02:57 AM
I was feeling unmotivated to keep with the bro-keto diet but people have started telling me they can see I've lost weight recently. Thats amped me up.

Boombalaty
06-16-2017, 03:25 AM
Doing that on occasion in my personal xp has been good dor me so i wpuldnt sweat it. Now dont make a habit of it. I think i eat carbs at night maybe once or twice every2 to 3 weeks. I usually wake up weighing less and feel good and alert. I think our bodies can tell us when we are lacking something. Keep up the good work man!

Thappy
06-16-2017, 03:41 AM
Look into metformin. A lot of benefits apart from weight loss as well

JohnDoe
06-16-2017, 10:26 AM
Let's go AF!!!! What are you doing today? Let's make it count buddy :)

JohnDoe
06-16-2017, 10:27 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170616/9ee1b7842dc6fc8ab61a75346e992461.jpg

joko123
06-16-2017, 11:09 AM
I was feeling unmotivated to keep with the bro-keto diet but people have started telling me they can see I've lost weight recently. Thats amped me up.

Keep going with it bro you're doing great !

AvidFisherman
06-16-2017, 01:55 PM
I think I can sort of see the definition on the side of my abs.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170616/cecedd057dde39190b87fcea361e6660.jpg

joko123
06-16-2017, 02:09 PM
Big differnce bro from the first set of pics you posted keep up the good work !

Boombalaty
06-16-2017, 04:14 PM
Hell ya man! Big difference! Keep it up!

G_nome76
06-16-2017, 05:34 PM
I think I can sort of see the definition on the side of my abs.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170616/cecedd057dde39190b87fcea361e6660.jpg

Keep up the good work brother I can definitely see a difference. It's only going to get better the longer you stick with it.

AvidFisherman
06-18-2017, 12:43 AM
I am going to start posting a Saturday pic and do a weekly roundup.

I didn't hit the weights very hard this week but my cardio was good.

Im feeling my abs better when I flex now.

I saw muscle striations in my shoulder while doing hammer curls that I had not seen for a while.

I look pretty good... with a shirt on. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170618/4ec95c69a42de713be8e4027d929be55.jpg

Boombalaty
06-18-2017, 02:20 AM
Hell yea man, lookin good!

I saw muscle striations in my shoulder while doing hammer curls that I had not seen for a while.

I look pretty good... with a shirt on. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170618/4ec95c69a42de713be8e4027d929be55.jpg

G_nome76
06-18-2017, 06:22 AM

Love the weekly pic idea. Arms are looking good bud.

JohnDoe
06-19-2017, 10:18 AM
Mornin AF! Let's make some progress this week!!

I ate like shit past two days myself so time to get it on lockdown !!

AvidFisherman
06-19-2017, 12:12 PM
I did too but I crushed it in the gym over the weekend.

AvidFisherman
06-25-2017, 07:55 PM
Weekend update.

I killed it in the gym this week.

I went on a 7 mile hike yesterday. Its good to finally recover from my shin splint.

I keep intending to do some HIIT before work but the only thing I am hitting is snooze on my alarm. This week is the week I am going to get it going for sure...

Still fat though.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170625/101a8ed1f79180a209579fcc82a7ed17.jpg

superdrolgyno
06-25-2017, 08:43 PM
I dont believe thats called fat. The proper term is bear mode i think. I heard. From a guy.

Boombalaty
06-25-2017, 09:56 PM
Weekend update.

I went on a 7 mile hike yesterday. Its good to finally recover from my shin splint.

I keep intending to do some HIIT before work but the only thing I am hitting is snooze on my alarm. This week is the week I am going to get it going for sure...

Still fat though.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170625/101a8ed1f79180a209579fcc82a7ed17.jpg

Nice job bro. That morning cardio is rough but i can tell u for sure it makes a significant difference. I do it on occasion and slip up one day....that turns to 2 days and it snowballs from there. Just gotta buckle down and get to it!

joko123
06-25-2017, 11:49 PM
Hey great job brother keep on trucking

G_nome76
06-25-2017, 11:56 PM
Weekend update.

No I believe you have left the fat area and entered the husky gentlemen zone. Welcome brother. Update I am officially hitting the weights again should probably wait another week or three but I can't take it any more. Started with leg day cuz I'm a fucking sadist. Back in business

JohnDoe
06-26-2017, 12:27 AM
Keep going brother...this is only the beginning.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170626/b177c0e062495108ddfbb5b42b8b17f7.jpg

Whit1975
06-26-2017, 12:36 AM
You can do it brother!!! I was a fatass before myself https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170626/586945091fb99232367b241027282e4e.jpg

AvidFisherman
07-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Weekend update:

This week I finally started upping my cardio.

Lifting was okay. I only lifted 4 times this week. I try to get 6 workouts in.

Diet was crap. I was craving carbs and I did not hit my protein goals.

joko123
07-02-2017, 01:45 PM
You can do it brother!!! I was a fatass before myself https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170626/586945091fb99232367b241027282e4e.jpg

Wow you've come along way Whit! Unbelievable job

Whit1975
07-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Wow you've come along way Whit! Unbelievable job

Thanks brother!!! Complete lifestyle change

AvidFisherman
07-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Weekend update:

Training is going well

I have my diet dialed into being almost perfect

I am seeing more visibility to the contours of my muscles

Still just on trt.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/0f07bc18dcec2d2ae1067b7570bc5192.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/1308f1b1924e9c351d2ab5231f0a4998.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/e7111f5ab87e9d57404fae3e7f29b4a0.jpg

Electromass
07-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Weekend update:

Training is going well

Still just on trt.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/0f07bc18dcec2d2ae1067b7570bc5192.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/1308f1b1924e9c351d2ab5231f0a4998.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/e7111f5ab87e9d57404fae3e7f29b4a0.jpg

You are looking really good bro, keep up the hard work!!

Boombalaty
07-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Hell ya man! Keep grinding!!

G_nome76
07-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Weekend update:

Training is going well

Hell yes brother. Can definitely tell your putting on muscle and losing bf not sure what the scale sez but the hell with it lol.

G_nome76
07-08-2017, 06:12 PM
If I can find my thread I'll drop some updated pics I'm down to 270 from 285 and I believe I'm putting on muscle too. Keep up the good work and thanks for helping to keep me and all the guys here motivated. We got your back too bud if you need anything

Side note: been crushing the walleye the past few days. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/480976c5ef37910a9b8c994974fcb914.jpg

AvidFisherman
07-08-2017, 06:45 PM
If I can find my thread I'll drop some updated pics I'm down to 270 from 285 and I believe I'm putting on muscle too. Keep up the good work and thanks for helping to keep me and all the guys here motivated. We got your back too bud if you need anything

Side note: been crushing the walleye the past few days. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/480976c5ef37910a9b8c994974fcb914.jpg

I am too far south to have true walleye in all but the huge lakes. We have a sauger/walleye hybrid that gets stocked in a lot of the lakes. They taste and look just like walleye though.

G_nome76
07-08-2017, 07:18 PM
I am too far south to have true walleye in all but the huge lakes. We have a sauger/walleye hybrid that gets stocked in a lot of the lakes. They taste and look just like walleye though.

I'm in New Mexico lol. They said there were not much for walleye here I went out and in ten min had one in the boat lol.

AvidFisherman
07-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Huh. Are you sure its not a sauger?

G_nome76
07-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Huh. Are you sure its not a sauger?

Ya no white tip it's walleye at least as much as I know there not. I could be wrong tho it has happened before https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/25d258aa91d1219c91da926f3a41a942.jpg

joko123
07-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Keep up the great work my friend

AvidFisherman
07-08-2017, 11:27 PM
Ya no white tip it's walleye at least as much as I know there not. I could be wrong tho it has happened before https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/25d258aa91d1219c91da926f3a41a942.jpg

Thats crazy. I would not have guessed New Mexico would have walleye.

G_nome76
07-09-2017, 12:55 AM
Thats crazy. I would not have guessed New Mexico would have walleye.

The lake is feed by the Rio grand maybe that how they got here

Sqwuidd
07-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Looking good man! Def an improvement - I love fishing btw ! I'm a saltwater fisherman tho- freshwater is a foreign language to me

G_nome76
07-09-2017, 11:52 PM
Looking good man! Def an improvement - I love fishing btw ! I'm a saltwater fisherman tho- freshwater is a foreign language to me

I'll teach you to fresh water if you teach me to run the salt

AvidFisherman
07-16-2017, 08:48 PM
Weekend update:

I've been doing more steady state cardio. I went on a pretty long hike today.

Lifting is doing well. I think I am going to switch things up to hit each muscle group twice a week. I was hitting a couple twice but I am going to expand on that.

Had a little setback on my diet for a couple days. I was fine with calories but my macros were off of where I want them to be.

I am going to do a log on some SR9009. I am excited to see how that will affect me. I think after I lift I am going to start doing HIIT in the pool.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170716/162a1963d3867e45169025c6ea3771e5.jpg

G_nome76
07-16-2017, 08:56 PM
Weekend update:

I've been doing more steady state cardio. I went on a pretty long hike today.

Lifting is doing well. I think I am going to switch things up to hit each muscle group twice a week. I was hitting a couple twice but I am going to expand on that.

Had a little setback on my diet for a couple days. I was fine with calories but my macros were off of where I want them to be.

I am going to do a log on some SR9009. I am excited to see how that will affect me. I think after I lift I am going to start doing HIIT in the pool.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170716/162a1963d3867e45169025c6ea3771e5.jpg

Keep up the good work bud.

AvidFisherman
07-19-2017, 01:30 PM
Hitting up the HIIT pretty regularly now. I woke last night and went on a peanutbutter and honey sandwitch binge last night though. At least I had a lot of energy for my workout this morning. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170719/01df16478a4e5e054cfaadae59919ed4.jpg

joko123
07-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Keep going brother !

G_nome76
07-19-2017, 02:55 PM
Just keep you head in the game brother. A small binge is not the end of the world as long as you stay at it. You got this. My wife leaves today so I'm picking up training intensity and eating super clean. You need any motivation or support bud I'm here. Let's get shredded

JohnDoe
07-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Keep at it buddy! Dedication and consistency is the key to progress!

AvidFisherman
07-22-2017, 01:37 PM
This week training was on point. I started some SR9009 from Elite Labs and recovery time between sets is greatly accelerated for me. I feel superhuman, no joke.

My HIIT swimming is going swimmingly. The pool is closed this morning though. Ill just come back later in the day to swim.

Looking great... with my shirt on. Hahahttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170722/463014d3feaaabad45cea7bd9659410b.jpg

Electromass
07-22-2017, 01:39 PM
This week training was on point. I started some SR9009 from Elite Labs and recovery time between sets is greatly accelerated for me. I feel superhuman, no joke.

My HIIT swimming is going swimmingly. The pool is closed this morning though. Ill jist come back later in the day to swim.

Looking great... with my shirt on. Hahahttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170722/463014d3feaaabad45cea7bd9659410b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using TapatalkYour consistent dedication is showing bro!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

joko123
07-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Very noticeable differnce my friend !

G_nome76
07-22-2017, 05:56 PM
Looks like that gut is disappearing and the guns are looking good brother

AvidFisherman
07-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Today is leg day for hypertrophy but I ended up only swimming. I was hooking my boat up on the boat ramp and slipped on some moss. It was like in on TV when your legs kick up and you go horizontal. My lower back and upper back feels a little funky so I might just do chest, shoulders, and tris tomorrow instead of my back.

G_nome76
07-25-2017, 03:56 PM
Today is leg day for hypertrophy but I ended up only swimming. I was hooking my boat up on the boat ramp and slipped on some moss. It was like in on TV when your legs kick up and you go horizontal. My lower back and upper back feels a little funky so I might just do chest, shoulders, and tris tomorrow instead of my back.

I just did the same thing last week. Just about cut my balls off on the crank. Stupid slippery water lol. Got some fish so worth it lol. Hope your ok bud. Heal up and smash those legs.

AvidFisherman
07-25-2017, 04:21 PM
I was with my daughters so we had a livewell full of warmouth and bluegill. They usually like to jig for saugeye but they wanted to bobber fish.

I have a couple aches but I think I am fine. Tomorrow is back for hypertrophy. Ill just switch my rep schema to 25 reps and to keep it very light and feel things out.

G_nome76
07-25-2017, 06:33 PM
I was with my daughters so we had a livewell full of warmouth and bluegill. They usually like to jig for saugeye but they wanted to bobber fish.

I have a couple aches but I think I am fine. Tomorrow is back for hypertrophy. Ill just switch my rep schema to 25 reps and to keep it very light and feel things out.

Heck ya man. As long as your keeping at it. How's the diet coming. I was down 18 lbs but now only 10 but my diet has been clean I think the extra weight has been lean muscle mass tacked on. I'm ok with that lol.

AvidFisherman
07-25-2017, 07:14 PM
The diet is good. It could be better but it is pretty good. I stay under my calories but some days I do not hit my protein goals and have too many fats and carbs.

AvidFisherman
07-25-2017, 07:15 PM
I meal prep so I am right on my macros but sometimes i skip a meal prep meal and have a brat or hamburger instead.

G_nome76
07-25-2017, 08:15 PM
I meal prep so I am right on my macros but sometimes i skip a meal prep meal and have a brat or hamburger instead.

It's hard to eat enough when your eating clean. I'm trying to do 6 meals a day and my God I'm already sick of chicken so much chewing and so little flavor. Also there are days I can only get 4 of six meals down. But if it was easy everyone would be ripped. Sacrifice now for ripped later

AvidFisherman
07-25-2017, 09:07 PM
What body fat percentage do you all think I am at now? Bioelectrical impedence at Complete Nutrition has me a little under 20% but I was talking to a dude and he thinks I am higher. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170725/d629cc1f9fa76f43deca4a8b3c77ed96.jpg

Ragnor
07-25-2017, 09:32 PM
What body fat percentage do you all think I am at now? Bioelectrical impedence at Complete Nutrition has me a little under 20% but I was talking to a dude and he thinks I am higher. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170725/d629cc1f9fa76f43deca4a8b3c77ed96.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using TapatalkI'm going to say your close but not 20% just yet.Looking good though man, making a lot of progress.But where does he think your body fat % is at.Because I need to see legs back and all man,but really close by your pic.

VIKING KING

AvidFisherman
07-25-2017, 09:44 PM
Its hard to see the contours of my thigh since its so pale. Ill have to get a back pick later.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170725/c46ffe4d1a72c8a38dedd626ffe340cc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170725/ad15c7f4bac766199cbc4c55c1cd2ced.jpg

Ragnor
07-25-2017, 09:54 PM
Your legs are pretty lean so I'd go with 20% bf.Legs usually hold fat on some people yours are pretty lean.

VIKING KING

Ragnor
07-25-2017, 09:55 PM
Its hard to see the contours of my thigh since its so pale. Ill have to get a back pick later.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170725/c46ffe4d1a72c8a38dedd626ffe340cc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170725/ad15c7f4bac766199cbc4c55c1cd2ced.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using TapatalkNice Calves also very nice.

VIKING KING

G_nome76
07-26-2017, 03:57 AM

Holy calves

jblifts82
07-26-2017, 11:18 AM
This is good stuff. I am doing a very similar cut starting in a few weeks with the same supps.

jblifts82
07-27-2017, 03:40 AM
I have done keto for years and measured ketones and all that bs.

Under 50 grams gross (30 grams fiber) on non training days and you can add in 50 grams gross on solid training days and still have the hunger management from it. See more detailed explanation below.

Don't worry about any sort of ketone measurement. When you loss the satiety it brings you know you ate to many carbs for the day or in one sitting (ie 50 grams in a day might be fine but 45 of them at breakfast might be an issue). Don't ever worry about brocolli or any leafy green. The satiety they offer and lake of ability to eat enough fast enough to mess with blood sugar and ketosis is never a problem. Eat them for satiety. Just dont' put 100's of calories of shit on them to make them tasty.

Detailed explanation of how many carbs you can add on training days taken from lyle but also confirmed by some other people who have done similar calculations:

for every 2 work sets (assuming a set length of 30-45 seconds) or so, you’ll need 5 grams of carbohydrates to replenish the glycogen used.
So if you did a workout containing 24 work sets, you’d only need about 60 extra grams (24 sets * 5 grams/2 sets = 60 grams) of carbohydrate to replace the glycogen used. So if you were starting at the bare minimum of 50 grams per day and were doing roughly 24 sets/workout, you’d need to consume an additional 60 grams (total 110 grams/day) to cover it.

jblifts82
07-27-2017, 03:46 AM
in regards to bodyfat yeah somewhere around 20%. It's lower than it looks on guys who have a solid amount of muscle. The fat on the front you have would be 25% for the average guy walking in the gym for the first time but when you have so much more lbm it's different.

Using that scale is fine as a tool to note general progress and get an idea of when you get down to bulking weight. If that is what you have in mind. Otherwise just diet down to a size you enjoy and go back to maintenance.

AvidFisherman
07-29-2017, 03:24 PM
I slipped on some moss and went vertical earlier in the week so I slipped exercises that trained my lower back. I am going to do some deads and goodmornings today so wish me luck.

AvidFisherman
07-29-2017, 04:57 PM
I decided to stick to deads at 405 today. Its not hurting but it feels strange and I dont want to go heavier because of that feeling

AvidFisherman
07-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Today is my off day but I have a lot of outdoors chores and I plan on hitting some HIIT uphill sprints.

Noflyzone
07-30-2017, 09:39 PM
I have been following along since i joined the brotherhood june 17th, you look awesome bro. I started back training 14 months ago after a 14 year lay off. I jumped on the juice just like you were about to do when you first started your cut in june. I wasnt apart of the brotherhood 14 months ago obviously, so i didnt have the help or access to good info and direction you received back in june. Now after following you, i am going to back up and punt. I'm going to get my diet/nutrition right and back off the compounds. When i started back training i wanted to see strength gains and weight loss to keep myself motivated. It worked for the most part but not to the extent that it did for you. As far as the 20% goes i think you are there and probably fixing to hit the teens. Nice job bro

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AvidFisherman
07-30-2017, 11:07 PM
I have been following along since i joined the brotherhood june 17th, you look awesome bro. I started back training 14 months ago after a 14 year lay off. I jumped on the juice just like you were about to do when you first started your cut in june. I wasnt apart of the brotherhood 14 months ago obviously, so i didnt have the help or access to good info and direction you received back in june. Now after following you, i am going to back up and punt. I'm going to get my diet/nutrition right and back off the compounds. When i started back training i wanted to see strength gains and weight loss to keep myself motivated. It worked for the most part but not to the extent that it did for you. As far as the 20% goes i think you are there and probably fixing to hit the teens. Nice job bro

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Thanks bro. Vision and PSL has graciously offered to supply the next stage of my recomp. Once I get the hormona in I am going to keep a log over in their section. As a part of the log I plan on writing about some academic journal articles I have been collecting on diet and nitrition.

AvidFisherman
07-31-2017, 12:06 PM
My drive is sucking this morning. I normally hit chest, shoulders, tris today in the morning for hypertrophy. I'm only going to get to chest and shoulders, I'll have to go back this evening for tris.

On a side note I just watched a 50+ year old guy rep 415 for 7 and now he just repped 395 for 3 on bench.

joko123
07-31-2017, 12:43 PM
Keep up the great work brother and rest up my friend! Looking great in your newest set of pics

AvidFisherman
08-02-2017, 02:39 PM
I am really starting to notice a change in my body composition and I am liking it. As soon as I get my gear from PSL and start the log over there I am going to drop my calories another 400kcal. I do not know how accurate it is but the precision nutrition calculator has me at 13% body fat at that caloric goal after 12 weeks of being at that level. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170802/3b57776f7afca4ea27cfaa90de18800f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170802/8008842ba9ce57ced8d8dc7023427344.jpg

Xtreme4Life
08-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Very noticeable difference. Nice fuckin work AF!

G_nome76
08-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Hell ya brother heart throb is right around the corner

AvidFisherman
08-02-2017, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the compliments.

I have started keeping my log over in Purity Source Labs section. Check it out over there.

slappy
08-08-2017, 07:22 PM
About how much fat is too much before you add in drugs? Should you already be ripped before you start? Isn't test supposed to help with fat loss?

AvidFisherman
08-08-2017, 10:44 PM
About how much fat is too much before you add in drugs? Should you already be ripped before you start? Isn't test supposed to help with fat loss?
It does help with fat loss and a bunch of other compounds do as well.

IMO. 1)With more fat you have a greater chance of getting higher estrogen levels you have to control. 2) if you depend on the drugs for fat loss you will just rebound into your old self when you come off of the drugs. 3) Fat is easy to loose, at higher body fat levels, if you watch what you eat. 4) At a high body fat level it is pretty easy to maintain your muscle mass as long as you resistance train, even on large calorie deficits. Lipolysis will give you plenty of energy.

There is no set body fat for when you should start. There are perfictly healthy overweight powerlifters popping cheque drops left and right. If someone gives you a finite number it is based on some arbitrary opinion they hold. They might say its because of blood pressure but thin guys can have high blood pressure also (fyi if you have high blood pressure extraneous hormones might not be the best for you and you should look at SARMs and SERMS instead)

Ragnor
08-08-2017, 10:56 PM
It does help with fat loss and a bunch of other compounds do as well.

IMO. 1)With more fat you have a greater chance of getting higher estrogen levels you have to control. 2) if you depend on the drugs for fat loss you will just rebound into your old self when you come off of the drugs. 3) Fat is easy to loose, at higher body fat levels, if you watch what you eat. 4) At a high body fat level it is pretty easy to maintain your muscle mass as long as you resistance train, even on large calorie deficits. Lipolysis will give you plenty of energy.

There is no set body fat for when you should start. There are perfictly healthy overweight powerlifters popping cheque drops left and right. If someone gives you a finite number it is based on some arbitrary opinion they hold. They might say its because of blood pressure but thin guys can have high blood pressure also (fyi if you have high blood pressure extraneous hormones might not be the best for you and you should look at SARMs and SERMS instead)

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using TapatalkMan exactly I'm tired of hearing don't run Anything unless your whatever % bf that's bullshitting and Bro Science right there. Look at the top Athletes in Strongman Comps they are 400#s and up, and some have higher bf so what they wouldn't benefit from PEDs. Of course they can. If you put the Training and Diet in I don't care your bf% if your healthy run the Shit if you want. Good post man agree with you 100%.

VIKING KING

Oldude
08-22-2017, 04:18 PM
And I didn't need to go in. Apparently it was a phone follow up

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk