PDA

View Full Version : Debating starting my own TRT protocol

Swoleisthegoal1
06-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Hey brothers,

As the title reads I am considering beginning my own TRT or cruising in between cycles. I am new to this specific forum but not new to AAS and other forums. Any guidance, suggestions, or criticism is welcome as I am just looking for opinions.

I will be turning 28 this year and have been using gear since the age of 23. Prior to ever using I put on around 30 lbs naturally and felt I hit a plateau as I could not gain muscle mass regardless of diet or training variations. I have ran 5 cycles and I am on my 5th at the moment.

I have always done time on=time off in the past and have had successful PCT's based on bloodwork. However my last cycle I ran Test E at 500mg a week and EQ at 800mg a week. Total cycle length was 16 weeks however I dropped EQ at week 14 due to the long ester length. I ran a full PCT including an HCG blast up front followed by clomid and nolvadex. 8 weeks from my last pin on that cycle I had bloodwork done and my total test was 413. That fell within "normal ranges" on the panel but I was extremely lethargic and had many other symptoms of low T. FSH and LH were also in normal range but LH was on the lower end at 1.2

My concerns,
I have many friends some who are competitive and on prescription TRT that have advised me that recovery will only become harder and harder as I age and cycles become longer or incorporate the use of more compounds. I do not have insurance so going thru a doctor is out of the question at the moment although that should change within the next year or so due to higher income.

They have all suggested if I plan to continue to cycle, which I do, that I cruise at maintenance doses or steriotypical TRT doses rather then come off and PCT. The wife is all for it and I have blood work done 2-3 times a year to monitor lipids as well as other factors that could be negatively effected by use.

What is everyones opinions on self administering TRT. If you need any more details like cycle history or stats Id be glad to share. That is me in my avatar. Thanks for any help in advance.

mjm
06-09-2017, 03:02 PM
I am new to all of this so take it for what it's worth..but my doctor put me on TRT. The information in this forum and 95% of the members here know more than my doctor does about TRT. It seems like the protocol most doctors prescribe are nearly useless, so I would think if you can get private labs done you will have better luck going on your own.

mjm
06-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Also, every shot of test I got from the doctor made my arm burn and go numb for days. Not sure if the nurse was just jamming the oil in too fast or I am allergic to the pharm oil. The test I have used from sponsors here is painless and potent. I couldn't be happier getting away from the doctor and just doing this on my own.

korsaire
06-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Do you have kids or intend to have some one Day

Swoleisthegoal1
06-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the responses. Yes I have fathered two and also have a daughter I consider mine. The wife and myself are ok with not having any more kids. I should add my wife is an LPN and she has experience as well with administering injections to patients on TRT. She has told me that it will be far worse to have low T or continue to roller coster my hormone levels coming on and off then to cruise at maintenance doses in between cycles and she does agree with others that the older I get the more challenging recovering natural levels will be even with thorough PCT protocols

Swoleisthegoal1
06-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Also, every shot of test I got from the doctor made my arm burn and go numb for days. Not sure if the nurse was just jamming the oil in too fast or I am allergic to the pharm oil. The test I have used from sponsors here is painless and potent. I couldn't be happier getting away from the doctor and just doing this on my own.

Thanks for the feedback brother

korsaire
06-09-2017, 08:16 PM
since you already father i said fuck the doctor and go for it 200 mg to 250 mg a week take in 2 shot do blood to check your estrogen and take an ai and if you dont care about the size of your ball no hcg need and you are a lucky guy to have a wife like that

dynalow2016
06-11-2017, 01:59 PM
That's what I did. Doc put me on trt 4 years ago and I've since stopped with him and have been doing it myself. Trt dose around 200-250 a week split into two pins. Works great for me and keeping gains [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swoleisthegoal1
06-11-2017, 09:04 PM
That's what I did. Doc put me on trt 4 years ago and I've since stopped with him and have been doing it myself. Trt dose around 200-250 a week split into two pins. Works great for me and keeping gains [emoji1303]

Thanks for the response brother. I believe Ive made the decision. My wife at this point wants me to. She knows U am going to continue to cycle and eventually at somepoint would most likely be put on TRT. She is ok with me self monitoring as well via bloodwork which she can help with because she is a LPN. 413 total test (which was my reading 8 weeks post cycle in my last run, just had me feeling like dirt. I believe the scale on the panel started at 380. Everything else was in check e2 was 12.1 and all else was within normal ranges but with test I want my levels to be optimal not just in range. Some guys may feel like gold at 413 but I imagine it varies by individual. I personally want mine in normal ranges in between cycling but on the optimal end which is usually around 1000-1200 from most guys and even some endocrinologist I have spoken to so that would be the goal. I felt like dirt at 413 personally. I was still training and diet was still good but recovery, sex drive, mood, and sleep patterns were all off.

korsaire
06-11-2017, 11:10 PM
good luck my friends and enjoy your life

Thanks for the response brother. I believe Ive made the decision. My wife at this point wants me to. She knows U am going to continue to cycle and eventually at somepoint would most likely be put on TRT. She is ok with me self monitoring as well via bloodwork which she can help with because she is a LPN. 413 total test (which was my reading 8 weeks post cycle in my last run, just had me feeling like dirt. I believe the scale on the panel started at 380. Everything else was in check e2 was 12.1 and all else was within normal ranges but with test I want my levels to be optimal not just in range. Some guys may feel like gold at 413 but I imagine it varies by individual. I personally want mine in normal ranges in between cycling but on the optimal end which is usually around 1000-1200 from most guys and even some endocrinologist I have spoken to so that would be the goal. I felt like dirt at 413 personally. I was still training and diet was still good but recovery, sex drive, mood, and sleep patterns were all off.

Xtreme4Life
06-11-2017, 11:38 PM
FWIW 200-250/mg per week is quite a bit and potentially too much to consider legitimate TRT as opposed to a mild cycle. While naturally it's going to vary as to what your blood results show for Test, 200mg per week puts me over 1500. IMO if it's a true TRT your levels really shouldn't be over 1000. The less you take the easier it's going to be on your body and recovery from previous cycle and the easier it'll be to manage in general.

BobbyJake
06-11-2017, 11:50 PM
FWIW 200-250/mg per week is quite a bit and potentially too much to consider legitimate TRT as opposed to a mild cycle. While naturally it's going to vary as to what your blood results show for Test, 200mg per week puts me over 1500. IMO if it's a true TRT your levels really shouldn't be over 1000. The less you take the easier it's going to be on your body and recovery from previous cycle and the easier it'll be to manage in general.

Actually the dosing totally depends on the individual. My dosage from trt clinic is 220mg per week and blood test results put me right around 900. The clinic wants you in the 800-1200 range.

Xtreme4Life
06-12-2017, 12:18 AM
Actually the dosing totally depends on the individual. My dosage from trt clinic is 220mg per week and blood test results put me right around 900. The clinic wants you in the 800-1200 range.

Yes, that's why I used the word "potentially " and the phrase "While naturally it's going to vary as to what your blood results show for Test". Just don't want someone assuming as too many do that 250mg is a TRT dose, because it most certainly isn't for everyone.

dynalow2016
06-12-2017, 01:14 AM

Not really. The doc I was going to had me at 185 pharma grade every week and was increasing it a few mls every three or four weeks to dial it in. Not to dis any sponsors here but I'll bump it up a bit just cuz I don't believe that it is quite pharma grade gear ( depending on supplier). So that being said at 200-250 I'm right at if not just a tad higher than normal. I recover from previous cycles just fine but then again that's just my experience. Varies from person to person. Doc said that he had patients he had to treat upwards of 300-350 a week for them to have normal levels.

dynalow2016
06-12-2017, 01:20 AM
Yes, that's why I used the word "potentially " and the phrase "While naturally it's going to vary as to what your blood results show for Test". Just don't want someone assuming as too many do that 250mg is a TRT dose, because it most certainly isn't for everyone.

I agree with this. Don't think anyone should do their own trt without first knowing where to start. 250 may be too much for some. 200 is probably right on for me but like in my previous post I just don't think most ugl test is quite pharma grade. 200-250 ugl test is the sweet spot for me.

swolesteelers
06-12-2017, 02:41 AM
I am on legit trt they started me at 150 a week test cup after they pull bloods on low day witch is Monday they want low day at 700 to 800 that means peak on Wednesday high day is at 1000 estro between 30 to 10 depends if you get sides that it easy

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Xtreme4Life
06-12-2017, 03:13 AM
I agree with this. Don't think anyone should do their own trt without first knowing where to start. 250 may be too much for some. 200 is probably right on for me but like in my previous post I just don't think most ugl test is quite pharma grade. 200-250 ugl test is the sweet spot for me.

Yup. And 150mg spit into two 75mg doses per week of a UGL for six weeks still had me testing at over 1500. Like I tried to make clear, it's going to vary and no assumptions on dosage should be made. If someone wants to cruise at 2000+ or whatever that's their decision that's fine. As Feroce says, at those kinds of levels you're not on TRT you're on some shit lol

Xtreme4Life
06-12-2017, 03:28 AM
Doc said that he had patients he had to treat upwards of 300-350 a week for them to have normal levels.

That's insane. You would think there would have to be some kind of severe underlying medical condition to require that much test to get to normal levels. Where's all of it going? To their tits?

G_nome76
06-12-2017, 03:31 AM
That's insane. You would think there would have to be some kind of severe underlying medical condition to require that much test to get to normal levels. Where's all of it going? To their tits?
I run 20 mg of test and 100 mg of Tren eod for my cruise I guess you could call it. Never had any sides and love what it does.

dynalow2016
06-12-2017, 11:34 AM

Oh I'm sure there probably was. Probably a giant or something too, lol.

Swoleisthegoal1
06-13-2017, 04:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I would also agree that most people I have talked to some that are good friends and on legit prescription TRT using watson cyp suggested I start at 200mg a week split into two pins...I planned on doing that for 6 weeks and having bloods drawn to see where that puts me...if its over 1200 then yes I might as well be on cycle...I will continue to adjust the dosage to fall within the 1000-1200 range which is where most clinics or endos want you to be to be optimal. I honestly would be fine with 800-1100 but it will take time and continual bloodwork to see whats best and what puts me in that range.