PDA

View Full Version : First Cycle- Back Injury 6 weeks out from Powerlifting Meet

Jackman96
07-07-2017, 11:53 PM
Hey ya'll so I made the decision to do my first cycle. 11 weeks 500 test e each week. All is going well. Ive been pinning 250 radjay test e, and 250iu HCG every monday and thurs day with .25mg adex e3d. If you are more interested in my stats/ first cycle stuff i have made a previous thread on that matter if you want to check that out. But for this i would like to focus on injuries/training.

as far as the cycle so far ive Noticed an increase in sex drive early on, but seems to have leveled off. I am in week 5 currently. Have made some pretty substantial strength gains and morning bodyweight is up 18 pounds. I dont know how much of this to attribute to the gear, but either way gains are being made. I have following the cube predator bench program, and the lilliebridge squat/ deadlift program. My diet isnt super clean but after tracking it i was hitting an average of 150f 250p and the rest carbs. I eat alot of beef, rice, whole milk, hamburger helper and peanut butter jellies, typical powerlifter stuff. PLanning on getting bloods done next week.

Unfortunately this last week I hurt my back on my deadlift triple heavy triple, 515. The pain was aweful the first couple days and I was walking around like a grandpa without his walker. Since then the pain has subsided only in the mornings and when sitting down. I didnt or feel any pop or sudden movement during the injury so i hope that is just a muscle strain. Moreso just a big tightness in my low back like a lower back pump. Soon after any sort of bending or movement of the low back had a sharp aching tightness/ pain. I took 5 days completly off training, and my last bench workouts didnt hurt and i will continue to train this hard.
However when i went to squat and pull today even just the bar hurt. I was able to get some work in and a gnarly quad pump with TONS of lunges and quad extensions and hamstring curls, as they seem to be the only lower body movements that dont aggravate my back.

Any advice on what to do to help fix this back up?

Id love to be recovered in another week or two so I can still get some deadlift/squat sessions in.
But worst case senario I will just do bench only and try continue to ride this cycle out and make some nice bench and mass gains.
I cant afford professional help, nor believe that i need medical attention as the pain/ aches have subsided aside from morning aches, and preventing me from squatting and dead lifting.

Stats- 225 morning weight 5'10 Best comp lifts 465 Squat, 350 Bench, 560 Deadlift

Squatzilla
08-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Lower back could be a tightness in your hips or piriformus. Been there before man. Get a hockey ball against the wall and roll across your high upper glute. If you get a tender area, roll it out. Same can be done crossi g one leg across the knee and usingv a pvc pipe or foam roller. Alternatively look at dry needling. Hip flexors, itb. Its not overly expensive.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk