PDA

View Full Version : Bulging Disk L5-S1

Tdowns97
07-09-2017, 01:25 AM
Anyone else have any luck healing a bulging disc? I've had sciatica in my right leg for the pst 5 months... doc just diagnosed after an MRI a month ago. Recommends PT and corticosteroid injections I think both are bullshit the same physical therapists that told me I strained my hamstring 3 months ago and charge me big money for stretches I already do smdh.

Any suggestions and has anyone over come this without surgery?

I am using a half ass traction machine and seems to be helping but still in pain.

Gearaholic
07-20-2017, 11:45 PM
I had a very similar problem in my L4-L5-S1 but by the time I recognized the situation I ended up herniating the disks and had to have a discectomy to correct the issue. I lost almost all range of motion in my left leg due to having my disks slammed up against the sciatic. Took several years to recover for me. Long story short def get that taken care it's a rough road if you do not.

GA

ironmaster
01-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Anyone else have any luck healing a bulging disc? I've had sciatica in my right leg for the pst 5 months... doc just diagnosed after an MRI a month ago. Recommends PT and corticosteroid injections I think both are bullshit the same physical therapists that told me I strained my hamstring 3 months ago and charge me big money for stretches I already do smdh.

Any suggestions and has anyone over come this without surgery?

I am using a half ass traction machine and seems to be helping but still in pain.

I recommend a NUBAX machine fixed my disks and got my spine back on track

Hatebreed
01-16-2018, 01:00 PM
Ive got a compressed l5s1 and allthough its not herniated it cand be painfull not to mention when the sciatica kicks it it can bee a real bitch. As for relief? The epidural injection signifigantly help with the pain but its just a band aid and does nuthing to fix the oulined issue but rather it treats just the symptoms, physhical therapy is a joke. The only advise i can gice you is find a good surgeoun and have it repaired everthing else is just treating symptoms.
Just my 2 cents
HB

Weapon X
01-19-2018, 12:10 PM
Surgery, unfortunately, is not guaranteed to alleviate the pain
Ive got a compressed l5s1 and allthough its not herniated it cand be painfull not to mention when the sciatica kicks it it can bee a real bitch. As for relief? The epidural injection signifigantly help with the pain but its just a band aid and does nuthing to fix the oulined issue but rather it treats just the symptoms, physhical therapy is a joke. The only advise i can gice you is find a good surgeoun and have it repaired everthing else is just treating symptoms.
Just my 2 cents
HB

graysqwrl
08-28-2018, 08:19 PM
Once you hurt your back once, it seems to happen again and again. Sorry bro. I hope it gets manageable.