PDA

View Full Version : Autoclave gear vials

colochine
12-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Is this possible fill vials then autoclave at around 240 degrees for 30minutes? The vials, caps, stoppers should withstand the pressure and temperature correct? Will it affect the gear at all?

Big D
12-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Why would you do that? I mean, what are you trying to do?

colochine
12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Why would you do that? I mean, what are you trying to do?

Sterilize them. Just over cautious I guess. Would it not be synonymous to baking your gear in a sense?

Mountain Monster
12-15-2011, 09:58 PM
I remember pyes posting on this a months back and I believe he suggested venting the vials with a needle and stop heating when it begins to boil but that article was using a stove top I believe.

Mountain Monster
12-15-2011, 09:59 PM
II'm sorry I don't remember the details bro,but it might give ya an idea.

Anxious1
12-16-2011, 12:16 AM
You the pressure in the vials would honestly be too much. Way too much in fact.

If you are looking to resale then my idea wouldn't work, if not then I may have an idea. Which is to cap them with a non-flip top cap. One that allows you to vent using at least a 25g. Yet you would then have the issue of the tops of the needles possibly becoming warped and blocking airflow.

wishonekr
12-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Filtering is enough to sterlize the oil
Just soak the vials and rubber stopper in alcohol.. dry the vials and autoclave them..
When finished wait for the vials to dry and cooldown while you are waiting get the rubber stoppers out and place them on a wiped down table / bench to dry once your done fill up your vials and place rubber stopper and crimp when your done filling them all up

pimprn
12-20-2011, 02:43 AM
ok u just have to put the stopper on an angle to let air get out, then bake it then push stopper down and crimp cap on done there is no contamination INSIDE the vial cause u didnt touch it plus u wanna wash ur hands before u do this.

Macleod644
01-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Ya I would do what wishone.said, sterilize all your shit BEFORE u put the compound into the vials. Soaking all.the stuff in isopropyl alcohol 91% is good enough, if u wanna go the extra step then take the uncapped empty vials and autoclave them after u soaked them in alcohol.

papasung
12-06-2012, 04:34 PM
good stuff