PDA

View Full Version : What should I do next

Chemical Romance
07-28-2017, 04:20 AM
Hey Folks,

I'll start with a bit of history, earlier this year I had the mandatory multiple tests to find my levels and I had a TT of 8.8 and a free T of 214 (255-725 range), not low enough to get PBS test but low enough to be put on the Gel :(

After using the Gel for a while I had followup tests that showed TT at 14 and Free T had risen to 392. Convinced my doctor that this was pretty shit and he prescribed 250mg Primoteston every 2 weeks.

I even convinced him that 125ml weekly would be better for stable levels :) Primotest comes in a preloaded syringe so they gave me half and threw the other half away... WTF. Anyway, after I finished crying over that I decided that every 2 weeks would be better than this wastage, so went back to that protocol. As this is early days my Doc wants me to get the injections done at his office, he is happy for me to self inject once we get happy stable levels.

Had my levels tested yesterday, 13 days after the previous injection and I returned a Free T reading of 728.6 pmol/L (255-725 range), I'm not sure if this is normal or I'm an overresponder, but now he wants to spead the injections to every 21 days.

I started feeling a little bit crappy at about day 11 so I cant imagine how shit it will be to spread it out for a further week.

My Doc has agreed to keep injections at every 2 weeks and take another reading in a few weeks time, is there anything I can do that will help me stay under the top of the range other than stay awake the night before or get pissed?

Thanks,
ChemRom

Gearaholic
07-28-2017, 04:46 AM
Donate blood the day prior

bulk_cut
07-28-2017, 04:57 AM
I think getting drunk the night before helps too. I don't remember if you have drink something specific like red wine or not so check more into it.

Chemical Romance
08-30-2017, 05:24 AM
So I tried to give blood the day before but the universe just wasn't on my side and everything got in the way.

Decided to get up and 5.00am and hit the gym for an hour or two before the blood test.

Got results back the next day and T came in at 688, hopefully I can convince him to just leave it where it stands.

SimpleAddar
08-30-2017, 06:07 AM
Donate blood the day prior

This...........

Johnnyringo
09-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Ironically, I'm dealing with the same issue on the other side of the planet. Doc's are focused on numbers and not listening to the patient. Those of us on TRT know what you're going through. Low T levels feel like shit. It seems men get the raw deal when it comes to HRT. I would argue that black market steroids are largely fueled by frustrated TRT guys. I guarantee if you were a woman they'd be plugging you full of estrogen without thinking twice.

Might want to start looking for another doctor. Also, be sure to focus on symptoms, lethargy, sex drive, etc. Those are not quantifiable. Once he allows you to self inject will also be a big help. Better to break down doses into two half doses twice a week. Overall test spike won't be as high but you'll be much more level without the rollercoaster ride....

Chemical Romance
09-13-2017, 04:52 AM
Well here's a happy day update, my doc is pleased that my last reading came back within range and is now letting me do my own thing at home.

I'm now pinning twice a week instead of every 2 weeks and even the Mrs acknowledges I'm less of a miserable fuck.

A few more weeks of this and everything should be cruising along smoothly.

julskee
09-18-2017, 03:09 AM
Hey Folks,

I'll start with a bit of history, earlier this year I had the mandatory multiple tests to find my levels and I had a TT of 8.8 and a free T of 214 (255-725 range), not low enough to get PBS test but low enough to be put on the Gel :(

After using the Gel for a while I had followup tests that showed TT at 14 and Free T had risen to 392. Convinced my doctor that this was pretty shit and he prescribed 250mg Primoteston every 2 weeks.

I even convinced him that 125ml weekly would be better for stable levels :) Primotest comes in a preloaded syringe so they gave me half and threw the other half away... WTF. Anyway, after I finished crying over that I decided that every 2 weeks would be better than this wastage, so went back to that protocol. As this is early days my Doc wants me to get the injections done at his office, he is happy for me to self inject once we get happy stable levels.

Had my levels tested yesterday, 13 days after the previous injection and I returned a Free T reading of 728.6 pmol/L (255-725 range), I'm not sure if this is normal or I'm an overresponder, but now he wants to spead the injections to every 21 days.

I started feeling a little bit crappy at about day 11 so I cant imagine how shit it will be to spread it out for a further week.

My Doc has agreed to keep injections at every 2 weeks and take another reading in a few weeks time, is there anything I can do that will help me stay under the top of the range other than stay awake the night before or get pissed?

Thanks,
ChemRomIf you don't mind me asking how old are you bro?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Chemical Romance
09-18-2017, 05:51 AM
I'm 52.

If you don't mind me asking how old are you bro?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

justlikemusic
11-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Well here's a happy day update, my doc is pleased that my last reading came back within range and is now letting me do my own thing at home.

I'm now pinning twice a week instead of every 2 weeks and even the Mrs acknowledges I'm less of a miserable fuck.

A few more weeks of this and everything should be cruising along smoothly.

Good to hear... But there's still half a syringe of test at some rubbish dump site lol

I didn't want to use the tiny Bayer syringe so I transferred to my normal one and I only could get 0.9ml today so I felt ripped off but at least my levels will be slightly lower if I just do that next time also. That 20G i couldn't bare and I want the doc to give me a delt shot so I can learn properly but his preferred is 21G and I'd rather 23G and even then they are brutal.

What's your levels like now? What's your protocol for blood tests ongoing? I'm trying to work out when I'm going to have to see the doc because he said in a month if I'm pinning weekly or five weeks If im pinning fortnightly. Need to know when I can start cycle lol

Chemical Romance
11-09-2017, 03:30 AM
Happily sitting on over 1200 pmol/L @ 200mg-250mg per week,
Doc doesn't seem to want another blood test, I will aim to have one every 4-6 months.

justlikemusic
11-09-2017, 07:08 AM
How did you get to 200/250 per week? Did you try the 'regular' 125mg/week first? My doc said he wants me to sit on the high range or higher (35nmol) which is 3x my current level. I was wanting to cycle for summer but im thinking maybe ill just enjoy my new life on 35nmol for a while and slowly build up.

Boxsquatter
11-09-2017, 05:08 PM
I am glad that worked out for you. Some Dr are funny with the whole trt thing. I have been on for 6 years. Thought that time i have gone in with test numbers as low as 175 to as high as 1100. When i am gonna manipulative the system I usually run 500mg+mg a week and then stop totally 10-12 days before test. Usually come In good range. But t that being said i was laying low for a few months and just taking my 200mg a week and i went in for blood work and saw the dr and my level was way below 200ng. He looked at me and told me my receptors must be clogged and upped my dosage to 300mg a week. Now on 300mg test a week if i went and got boood work done the day after my shot it would be around 1100 or better. Everyone is different. So in a few weeks i go back for bloods and I️ will drop to 200mg a week. Then my winter cycle will start.

mjm
11-09-2017, 06:05 PM
I started off with the same BS from my dr. I got rid of him and found some good sponsors here...I will not go back to another dr. regarding TRT.

justlikemusic
11-09-2017, 11:06 PM
Well my original GP said wait another month to get my testosterone tested and then after that he would refer me to the endocrinologist. I went to the same place for a refill of a prescription and just got a different GP and asked him for the referral then and there and he gave it to me so I called that specific endocrinologist who my original GP likes to use and they said I would get in to see him in March next year. I knew the whole deal was just going to be a run around nightmare testing with creams and shit I just wouldn't be interested in.

I went to a gp I knew and said I was going to have to wait months to get on and I'm just getting prescribed anti depressants and showed him the referral for the endocrinologist and said this (trt) was something I wanted to do and explained white alot about not wanting more kids, happy to pin, regular blood testing and he said ok.

I was just going to UGL TRT myself but I persisted and got there. (With two years and five blood tests all 11/12nmol). He is far from me so I'll see him this first check up around week 4/5 to test bloods and hopefully won t need to see him for a while. If I blast I think I want three months of cruise to level out.

It's been a while but maybe I was a little shakey but the PIP is still stinging a little on day 3. Really gotta learn delt shots.