PDA

View Full Version : Growing legs!!!

smith360
08-02-2017, 12:20 PM
I was born with really big legs and pretty wide hips and my legs havent gotten any smaller over the years ive been training.
I've allways done heavy weight on my leg workouts and i dont want em to grow any more at the moment cause my upper body is falling behind.
This is kinda annoying because heavy squats are my favourite.
Am sure some of you had the same issue, how do you set up your leg workouts to just maintain? High rep, low weight?

One Hairy SOB
08-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Yep, same here. I played soccer year round from 4 years old into my mid 20's. I want to think this is the reason why I've always had big quads. It's the one part of my body I can get away with training once a week and still see results. I use high reps with moderate weight to grow slowly. Going low reps with high weight makes them grow too fast and I end up looking disproportionate.

To put it in preservative. I'm 5' 6" with 8" ankles, 16.5" calves and 26" quads. (relaxed)

Fancycat69
08-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Fuck it man let them grow lol. Go straight tom platz

Judgmentalist
08-02-2017, 06:53 PM
Yep, same here. I played soccer year round from 4 years old into my mid 20's. I want to think this is the reason why I've always had big quads. It's the one part of my body I can get away with training once a week and still see results. I use high reps with moderate weight to grow slowly. Going low reps with high weight makes them grow too fast and I end up looking disproportionate.

To put it in preservative. I'm 5' 6" with 8" ankles, 16.5" calves and 26" quads. (relaxed)

Damn! Wolverine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnor
08-02-2017, 08:48 PM
Why would you not want big legs if you have a big waist. Keep working your legs and step up your game on upper body. Not being a sick being honest.

VIKING KING

Ragnor
08-02-2017, 09:23 PM
I was born with really big legs and pretty wide hips and my legs havent gotten any smaller over the years ive been training.
I've allways done heavy weight on my leg workouts and i dont want em to grow any more at the moment cause my upper body is falling behind.
This is kinda annoying because heavy squats are my favourite.
Am sure some of you had the same issue, how do you set up your leg workouts to just maintain? High rep, low weight?Would you mind posting a pic can give you better advice at working upper body if know what working with.

VIKING KING

Ragnor
08-02-2017, 09:25 PM

To put it in preservative. I'm 5' 6" with 8" ankles, 16.5" calves and 26" quads. (relaxed)Good stats on legs man. What's your body weight and waist like.

VIKING KING

One Hairy SOB
08-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Good stats on legs man. What's your body weight and waist like.

VIKING KING

Thanks! It's the only body part I actually like. Haha

162 lbs, 12.2% body fat and a 30.9" waist.