PDA

View Full Version : number of reps on cycle?

junior360
08-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Been researching alot and been getting mixed reviews. When on steroid cycle is it best to do reps 8 or lower or 10 and no less? Might be a silly question but would like to know other peoples views?

julskee
08-02-2017, 02:09 PM
Been researching alot and been getting mixed reviews. When on steroid cycle is it best to do reps 8 or lower or 10 and no less? Might be a silly question but would like to know other peoples views?Best to do all kinds of rep ranges. Dont just limit yourself.. You always want a strength rep Range and a hypertrophy range.. Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Topsecret
08-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Best to do all kinds of rep ranges. Dont just limit yourself.. You always want a strength rep Range and a hypertrophy range.. Hope that helps

TY, Correct.

Radman69
08-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Best to do all kinds of rep ranges. Dont just limit yourself.. You always want a strength rep Range and a hypertrophy range.. Hope that helps

This! Periodize your training no matter what your taking or not taking... AAS just helps it doesnt dictate...hope that makes sense good luck

Fancycat69
08-02-2017, 03:24 PM

Agreed with this as well. Normally I like to start of my lifts with heavy compound movements and do lower reps with few sets, then as the workout goes on I do more reps to really push blood into the muscle.

This also changes depending on my diet and what my goals are for the time. But again, agreeing 100% with the statement to not limit yourself

Paradox
08-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Get on a program. One that changes every 4-6 weeks. Stick to program

Its best if personalised to you but not everyone can really afford coaching so just make sure things like exercises, rep ranges and tempo change throughout. And stick to it

Boulder
08-02-2017, 05:17 PM
From what I have learned the amount of reps per set is dependent upon that which you are training for. 4 to 7 reps are used for strength, 8 to 12 are used for hypertrophy, and 13 and above are used for endurance. My partner and I incorporate all 3 rep ranges in our workouts to maximize the amount of fibers that get used. Our goal is to increase as much size strength and endurance as possible. As the weight becomes easier to handle we up the amount. Additionally we us anywhere from 75% to 85% of our max.

Hatebreed
09-28-2017, 03:53 AM
Boulder hit it on the $$$$. Good input brother.

Turbo306
09-28-2017, 04:28 AM
Rep range means nothing to me if your form is bad.... So that better be perfect and if your lifting heavy 10-12 you should be capped out!