PDA

View Full Version : am i over training?

build420
08-02-2017, 05:26 PM
I was just wondering if doing 45 minutes of cardio every morning on an empty stomach and after every workout(5 days/week) another 45 minutes keeping the intensity between 60%-70% of my MHR is it overtraining?

Topsecret
08-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Depends on your goals.

I bulk = fuck cardio.

The cardio sounds excessive in my opinion. But it's all in what we want. Everyone wants something different overall.

Elaborate on your goals, inform us what they are.

Judgmentalist
08-02-2017, 05:56 PM
I was just wondering if doing 45 minutes of cardio every morning on an empty stomach and after every workout(5 days/week) another 45 minutes keeping the intensity between 60%-70% of my MHR is it overtraining?

If I am reading this correctly this is more than one 45 minute cardio session per day some days correct?

It does definitely depend on your goals, but for me personally if I do one 45 minute session of cardio per day I start going backwards on all my lifts.

I do 20 minutes HIIT about four times a week and maybe one long session for more endurance. Every once in a while I might do a 50-75k on my bike, but not often enough to mess with my lifting.

When I'm doing cardio it is to improve my cardiovascular fitness. I lose weight in the kitchen or not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d-man
08-02-2017, 06:24 PM
We can't tell you if your overtraining . That is something you have to determine.You have to listen to your body and the fact that it's still a question tells me that your probably not overtraining. That doesn't mean your work out won't lead to overtraining though. Joint pain, being tired and sluggish , moodiness , not progressing in the gym, and dreading workouts are my indicator of me overtraining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk