PDA

View Full Version : Donating Blood

Syber
08-11-2017, 06:03 AM
Just donated blood for first time and hematocrit was just at there cut off point, if it was higher they wouldn't of let me donate.

Was wondering how long donating keeps hematocrit down, assume it person dependent but in general is the every 3 months enough or do people need extra?

turbolnd
08-11-2017, 12:14 PM
From personal experience it depends on what I'm taking. I don't get a lot of the sides guys usually talk about. But the one thing I always have issues with is my hematocrit. So I've figured out that it's always in the high end of normal with me. So it doesn't take much to go into the too high range. If I take just a TRT dose of Test I'm good. Stay on high end of normal. But as soon as I add more Test and a 2nd compound I'm over. So I literally have to donate blood before a blast cycle. And I have to use short esters. Can only run about 8 weeks. Then go back to TRT dose and donate blood. Kind of doesn't answer the question. But I think that it's like you mentioned. It's different for everyone. I know some guys that can run a gram of Test, a gram of Nand and 500mg of Tren and never have hematocrit issues. But do have to keep prolactin and Estro in check. Where as I can run similar numbers and don't really get much of any of those sides.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Johnnyringo
08-12-2017, 01:44 PM
I'm like Turbo. When I'm running normal TRT dose, hematocrit falls within normal. As soon as I run anything additional, I'm at the high end. I give double reds every 4 months and have been able to keep in check. I try to time it before having blood drawn by the doc annually so as not to raise suspicion or alarm. Don't want him cutting my TRT dosage.....

AvidFisherman
08-12-2017, 04:54 PM
How many of you just pin a vein with a big needle and drain it into the bathtub?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Syber
08-12-2017, 09:11 PM
hopefully every 4 months will be enough then. blasting now so hopefully keeps it in range. thanks guys.

Johnnyringo
09-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Question on this topic. Is it better to donate double reds every 4 months or donate whole blood more frequently?

turbolnd
09-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Question on this topic. Is it better to donate double reds every 4 months or donate whole blood more frequently?My answer is whole blood more frequently. But it has to do with my sensitivity to high hematocrit. I once gave double red. Then started a blast cycle. And about half way through was in bad shape. So then I had to wait 2 months before I could give blood again. So frequency also depends on how prone you are to having high hematocrit induced by gear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

joko123
09-11-2017, 09:29 PM
How many of you just pin a vein with a big needle and drain it into the bathtub?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Not gonna lie brother I've done that, 18g into a measure cup. It's hard to if it's not in a closed circuit as soon as the blood hits the open air it coagulates and clogs the needle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimpleAddar
09-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Donating blood is a great act of selflessness. Good on you!

joko123
09-12-2017, 12:23 AM
I've found my best results using double reds, plus it's honestly a pin in the ass to get down there every 8 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnyringo
09-12-2017, 01:19 PM
The Red Cross makes me wait 4 months for double reds. Seems every time my hematocrit is running ~18.5

RonVC
09-22-2017, 01:12 AM
Has anyone used those handheld Haemoglobin/Hematocrit home testing devices? I've been to donate blood a couple of times but my levels have been a bit too high and I've been turned away. Wouldn't mind getting one of these devices (if they are reasonably accurate) then I can keep and eye on things and get myself into donate before I go to high.

Johnnyringo
10-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Has anyone used those handheld Haemoglobin/Hematocrit home testing devices? I've been to donate blood a couple of times but my levels have been a bit too high and I've been turned away. Wouldn't mind getting one of these devices (if they are reasonably accurate) then I can keep and eye on things and get myself into donate before I go to high.

I've been searching for a way to test hemocrit at home. Doesn't seem to be anything available in the states. Mind posting a link to the testers you are referring to?

RonVC
10-03-2017, 05:31 AM
I've been searching for a way to test hemocrit at home. Doesn't seem to be anything available in the states. Mind posting a link to the testers you are referring to?

Click on the below weblink:

BRAND NEW HEMOGLOBIN HEMATOCRIT HEMOCUE METER WITH 1 TESTS INCLUDED FREE! | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-HEMOGLOBIN-HEMATOCRIT-HEMOCUE-METER-WITH-100-TESTS-INCLUDED-FREE-/142323713453?epid=860398123&hash=item21232785ad:g:20QAAOSwymxVLU6w)