PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

Fancycat69
08-19-2017, 05:16 PM
You guys think it's worth it for a person I. Their late 20s to "blast and cruise"?

I'm nervous about my heart (no pre-existing conditions) but I've heard conflicting data about the affects of test on your cardiovascular health.

Anyone here who has been running gear for a while have any insight?

joko123
08-19-2017, 05:53 PM
I'd say for majority people who don't compete blasting and cruising may not be worth it especially if you're on the younger end of the spectrum, who knows what you're lifestyle is going to be like in 20 - 30 yrs and if you're going to want to jab yourself a couple times a week ? Factor in if you want kids it can complicate your situation.

PCT is not supposed to be easy or fun after all it is therapy

I think it's a different ball game for those older or who have tried to get they natural test levels and just can't. Blasting and cruising used to be more of a veteran concept for those guys older but seems to be adopted by the younger generation of lifters, myself included.

At the end of the day it's a personal choice, I think the deciding factor going on now is whst do you want to accomplish gym wise bc undoubtably lose time and size coming off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fancycat69
08-19-2017, 06:02 PM
I'd say for majority people who don't compete blasting and cruising may not be worth it especially if you're on the younger end of the spectrum, who knows what you're lifestyle is going to be like in 20 - 30 yrs and if you're going to want to jab yourself a couple times a week ? Factor in if you want kids it can complicate your situation.

PCT is not supposed to be easy or fun after all it is therapy

I think it's a different ball game for those older or who have tried to get they natural test levels and just can't. Blasting and cruising used to be more of a veteran concept for those guys older but seems to be adopted by the younger generation of lifters, myself included.

At the end of the day it's a personal choice, I think the deciding factor going on now is whst do you want to accomplish gym wise bc undoubtably lose time and size coming off

Ya joko I agree that for reaching my goals for the gym blasting and cruising would be best. However im a little concerned about health issues. I had a friend just recently die at 29 years old. HE WORKED at a trt clinic. Everything he did was under doctor supervision. Then he all the suddden get pneumonia and his heart gives out. I guess he had an abornally large heart. Idk if he had pre existing conditions but it made me think a lot.

I want to be healthy but at the same time gear and BBing is such a part of my life I can't imagine living w/o it

d-man
08-19-2017, 06:02 PM
For guys that need TRT the benefits outweigh the risk tremendously. TRT actually has cardiovascular protecting properties. This applies for guys with low T that stay at therapeutic levels and not above.

joko123
08-19-2017, 07:40 PM
Ya joko I agree that for reaching my goals for the gym blasting and cruising would be best. However im a little concerned about health issues. I had a friend just recently die at 29 years old. HE WORKED at a trt clinic. Everything he did was under doctor supervision. Then he all the suddden get pneumonia and his heart gives out. I guess he had an abornally large heart. Idk if he had pre existing conditions but it made me think a lot.

I want to be healthy but at the same time gear and BBing is such a part of my life I can't imagine living w/o it

That's horrible brother sorry for your loss. It's hard to say if you didn't know his previous medical history plus pneumonia can kill you.

It's like the story that just recently broke about the woman bodybuilder who was one high protein diet and that article claims it was the protein supplements that killed her. but read the article and she had a rare disease in which her body couldn't break down the urea and it built up toxic levels of ammonium in her body and lead to her death.

It really is sad

Fancycat69
08-19-2017, 08:08 PM
That's horrible brother sorry for your loss. It's hard to say if you didn't know his previous medical history plus pneumonia can kill you.

It's like the story that just recently broke about the woman bodybuilder who was one high protein diet and that article claims it was the protein supplements that killed her. but read the article and she had a rare disease in which her body couldn't break down the urea and it built up toxic levels of ammonium in her body and lead to her death.

It really is sad

Yeah I heard about that. Kinda fucked up theyre blaming protein companies over it. I heard it was the equivalent of blaming cupcakes for killing a diabetic.

Anyway my friend's death just put things in perspective. I guess if I just make sure to chill on the harsh compounds and not blast test year round I can be healthy and run gear. Gotta keep up on my bloodwork more as well

joko123
08-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Yea it's really sad, it's too bad she couldn't have been treated or diagnosed sooner by the time they knew what was going on it was too late

Australian bodybuilder with rare disorder dies from high-protein diet - CNN (https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/15/health/australian-body-builder-death-protein-shakes/index.html)

d-man
08-19-2017, 09:23 PM

I'm sorry for your loss brother. That really is an unfortunate situation. It's tough because you could do everything right and by the books and still have an unfortunate incident such as your friends. If you choose to use be smart and take your health into your own hands. Visit the cardiologist for an echo - cardio gram, stress test and even ask to wear a halter monitor for 24 hours. Ask for a calcium score test. When doing bloods check inflammatory markers as well ( c reactive , homocysteine, etc) Keep your doses within reason. I see a lot of cycles that contain crazy amounts of gear. You don't need all that. The more you do the more sides that come with it. Your body can only absorb and handle so much gear before it becomes a waste and counter productive.

Smik
10-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Gear help me found the encourage to face the life , long ago a pump male with the effect of the gear won back the new life ,never thought the side effect I met or faced ,I just keep the idea that the gear help me long and forever

RonVC
10-10-2017, 08:39 PM
I'd say if your seriously questioning it that much, you probably shouldn't jump in and do it. Do some independent research from solid studies and then make an informed decision based on your own bloodwork results. ...... you may not even need to do TRT yet.

Bg75
10-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Well I can tell from my experience. I'm 42 and have been on and off steroids in different times of my life. I started around 26 years of age. I had a brief time around my mid 30's where I was completely off gear for like to around my 40's. But getting on steroids in my mid 20's even with PCT has made things difficult for me to try and produce kids. Also my natural test never completely recovered. I manly blasted my cycles when I was younger with brief periods of cruising. Now I'm in my 40's so trt is part of my life for good. My advice would to lift naturally while your body is producing high amounts of testosterone on its own. Have kids first bro! Then after the years come and go you feel not the same. Get some blood work done. See where you at. Then do what you have too. But as far as your heart is concerned. Most important thing to watch out for anyone blasting, cruising, trt
is to definitely get lipid levels checked and red blood cell count checked. Try to keep your heart as healthy as possible. I know guys who have passed way to young and guys who have had heart attacks.

Bg75
10-10-2017, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=d-man;600259]For guys that need TRT the benefits outweigh the risk tremendously. TRT actually has cardiovascular protecting properties. This applies for guys with low T that stay at therapeutic levels and not above.

Yeah doctor tells me the same thing for those of us that don't produce enough test. And also to watch what we eat. Very clean diets. I get a check up every three months.

Bg75
10-10-2017, 09:12 PM

I hear ya bro!!! Same with me!! I've been conflicted many times to give up any type of gear. Even on trt or all the doctors appointments it's still a big risk. And it can happen!! But like you said. It's been part of my life for so long I wouldn't know how to live with out weights. Only thing brother we can do is protect ourselves as much as possible. Eat super healthy!! Goto our doctors visits. And not blast as much. The rest is in gods hands. Also sorry about the lost of your friend.

Boxsquatter
10-13-2017, 04:44 PM
I am 42 and have been in trt for almost 7 years and other various compounds for a long time. After I had my vesectamy I never looked back with the reproduction pet. My dr has just recently upped my weekly dose to 300mg. I could have kissed him. Anyway if your young and don’t have hormone issues the best thing to do is cycle on and off until you get to the point we’re reproduction is t going to be a issue. As far as blood work goes if you get a routine physical once a year they will most likely do blood if you ask.