PDA

View Full Version : 60 years old

GaryC
08-20-2017, 11:47 PM
Ok I introduced myself 2 weeks ago. I'm 60 and have been training for a long time. I started using test about a year ago. Before that I pretty much trained natural. Tried some pro hormones, and sarms. Noticed that using test I got leaner without doing not much different. Definitely liked that plus I just feel so much better. Been doing 500 a week pretty much for a year. 250 2 times a week. Been using a few different sources. Last source I feel like I got low dose or crap stuff. I have lost my leanness and definition. I'm thinking of trying tren. But I'm leary of where to get it. I would definitely still use test with this. Or should I just do low dose test from a good source? I figure that at my age I will just always do trt. And not worry about pct.

slaughter15
08-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Maybe at your age avoid tren. Many bad side effects, wreaks havoc on your cholesterol among other things. Maybe try so anavar with your test. Anavar is fairly safe and should give you some nice lean gains.

bhall
08-21-2017, 04:59 PM
Try 2 or 300 mgs. of deca per week before you go for tren, you will like the deca.

sumguy
08-21-2017, 06:38 PM
I'm 60 and have been training for a long time. I started using test about a year ago. Been doing 500 a week pretty much for a year. 250 2 times a week.

R. Welcome here. 500mgs Test a week is definitely not TRT, more of a year round Test cycle. TRT doses are at most 200mgs a week and or below that level.

Personally, I think 500mgs of Test a week for someone in his 60's should be cycled, then PCT. Maybe once or twice a year.

But for year-round always on Test for a 60+ year old should be done at a low dose TRT dose of anywhere between 100-200mg twice a week. In the long run its much healthier, less sides then 500mg Test a week.

Long term health & longevity is much more important than any short term muscle gains. More so for 60+ guys. You can always add in lower dose Anabolics such as Deca, EQ, Anavar, T-Bol to your lower dose TRT. Sounds like a better plan.

I have lost my leanness and definition.

R. Are you using an AI or HCG weekly? Do you do labs? Need to keep an eye on your hematocrit levels and other lab values to stay healthy and alive.

I'm thinking of trying tren.

R. Nothing against Tren, but I agree with the others about sides (Heart, cholesterol, BP, etc.) at your age. Deca, EQ, Anavar and T-Bol maybe?

EQ has less sides than Deca(A Progestin) and is a bit better than Deca for soft tissue injuries so I've read. Anavar shares similar capabilities and reduces SHBG.

But I'm leary of where to get it. Or should I just do low dose test from a good source?

R. AEL has a good reputation with their stuff, good communication. Monster also. There are other good sources here, just have to read the reviews under each source.

Read this link by BOP member Zombieslayer on this/your question of dosing: https://brotherhoodofpain.com/anabolic-steroid-discussion/7515-strengthening-tendons-weakening-tendons.html. Gives a dosing protocol for those looking to keep tendons and soft tissue injuries at a minimum. While doing combo PED's Deca/Test, Test/EQ, etc. This thread link should answer some of your questions.

The gist of that thread for injury healing anyway is to use low dose Test 200mg a week or under to maintain test levels. Which is a much safer/healthier year-round TRT dose and Deca or EQ for the extra healing qualities they both provide. This protocol seems to fit the agenda for older folks/weight lifters more susceptible to injuries than those of a younger age. But it works for both.

I figure that at my age I will just always do trt. And not worry about pct.

R. Sounds about right if your going to be on TRT year-round.

That low dose TRT/EQ/Anavar or T-Bol thing sounds like a game plan for you. T-Bol has less sides than D-Bol. But both Anavar and T-Bol will skew cholesterol levels some. So T-Bol or Anavar would/should be cycled at around 6-8 weeks, while maintaining a low dose TRT schedule.

Hope this helps, good luck.

GaryC
08-21-2017, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the response guys. I have not done blood work. It is on my list to do. I have not done hcg. But I do take exemestane twice a week with my pins. I actually have lowered my dose to 250 a week, starting today. I'll probably do this till Dec. Then add something else. Was also thinking of equi. But worry about thickening my blood at my age. Also was thinking of deca, but dont want the bloat. Thats why I was thinking of tren. I like the way you guys think on this site. Unlike others that would just say up the dose and go for it! Ha ha.

Dilworthdude
08-21-2017, 09:58 PM
Great information in this thread. The Brothers here won't let you down. You're at the right place.

sumguy
08-22-2017, 12:24 AM
But worry about thickening my blood at my age.

R. Test can do that just as well as Deca, EQ, etc. can. Whether your 30 or 60. Just need to occasionally check your hematocrit levels to be aware of what's going on with your blood. To see if you need to donate blood to lower your hematocrit levels if high.

Should be doing a complete panel tho if you've been "ON" for a year straight. Estrogen Sensitive is a must do lab.

I actually have lowered my dose to 250 a week, starting today.

R. Good move for the long run. Try splitting the dose into two injections a week to maintain more stable T levels. And to help maintain more stable estrogen levels to the point you could probably lower your AI dosages.

I have not done hcg.

R. You could do it twice a week along with your twice a week T injections. Say around 300IU's once or twice a week. Depending on how plump you want the boys to be?

GaryC
08-22-2017, 08:34 PM
I am actually doing 2 pins a week, Monday am and Thursday pm. Thats when I do my AI 2 times a week. Low dose 25mg week slit into the 2 doses. Could probably do less than that. No sore or itchy nips here. Also, the boys look and feel pretty normal.

murph
08-22-2017, 10:47 PM
I would avoid the Tren , I am 55 and enjoy a test / NPP cycle. I make good gains , joints feel better

slaughter15
08-23-2017, 04:08 AM
Ya man npp is fast acting deca, short ester nandrolone, probably won't bloat you up. Sounds like great advice from Murphy there talking from experience in a similar age bracket.

GaryC
08-27-2017, 09:57 PM
So I decided to run test at 250 a week. Pin on monday am and thursday pm till December. Then run deca at 600 week and test at 500 week. Pin 2 times a week. Really do not want to pin eod. So no npp. Also going to have my bloods done before I start this. Just for reference and so you guys know, I'm 5'9" 225 @15% bf, not too bad for an old fart! I find that going too low in bf, the wrinkles really show!

4irishmen
09-05-2017, 11:14 AM
So I decided to run test at 250 a week. Pin on monday am and thursday pm till December. Then run deca at 600 week and test at 500 week. Pin 2 times a week. Really do not want to pin eod. So no npp. Also going to have my bloods done before I start this. Just for reference and so you guys know, I'm 5'9" 225 @15% bf, not too bad for an old fart! I find that going too low in bf, the wrinkles really show!I've recently come off a I am low dose cycle. 1.5 cc every 4 days And 4 of those weeks 1/2cc of Deca mixed in. Proviron 25mg a day. 57 yrs old,6'2", 215 @ 10%bf. It did me right can't wait to go again. 8 on 8 off..killing me but I don't want trt..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

THEPROGRAM
10-14-2017, 06:42 PM
So I decided to run test at 250 a week. Pin on monday am and thursday pm till December. Then run deca at 600 week and test at 500 week. Pin 2 times a week. Really do not want to pin eod. So no npp. Also going to have my bloods done before I start this. Just for reference and so you guys know, I'm 5'9" 225 @15% bf, not too bad for an old fart! I find that going too low in bf, the wrinkles really show!

(Only a suggestion)

First of all, I see nothing wrong with bumping the Deca up to 600mgs a week. In fact, I think you're gonna love it! The overall feeling of well being, along with strength increase and joint relief will be quite pronounced with Deca at 600mg/week. My only critique however, is that I wouldn't bump your test up to 500mg/week. The Test @ 250mg a week in split doses, should be more than sufficient to ensure normal sexual function while stacking. You see, you want the Test to maintain your sexual function; and your Deca to do the majority of the anabolic muscle building. And, trust me, 600mg/week of Deca will absolutely build muscle. LOL. Just make sure to keep estrogen in control during your cycle. So, either run a "light" amount or Aromasin or Arimidex while stacking. Or, keep one of those AI's on deck, just in case you feel some estro sides creeping in. If you're determined to run your Test at a higher dosage, then I would suggest keeping some Prami or Caber at your side as well. This is just in case you run into prolactin issues- Which, has a higher probability of occurring, if a lot of E2 is created from the higher Test dosage. Remember, anytime you inject Test, a certain % of the hormone will always convert to estrogen. Some people are very sensitive to estro sides and some people aren't. That being said, just make sure that you have the proper ancillaries around in case you develop an issue. It's not the "rule of thumb" that you will experience estro side's. However, it should be a "rule of thumb", that everyone is adequately prepared to combat "possible" sides by having ancillaries on deck prior to starting any cycle.

***If it we're me Gary, I'd continue the Monday & Thrursday shot protocol. Keep your Test @ 125mg & Deca @ 300mg- For a total weekly dose of Test @ 250mg and Deca 600mg. You can always bump up your Test, if you truly feel the need to. But, if you keep the Test lower, the likely hood that you'll experience estrogenic sides and in turn prolactin issues, is greatly diminished. Especially, since, Deca only has a 20% conversion rate to estrogen. If you ran your stack like this, I'd suggest 12.5mg of Aromasin M,W,F. However, if you decide to go with 500mg/week of Test- I'd bump the Aromasin up to 12.5mg/day. And, if you start feeling estro sides...I'E itchy nipples, bloat etc- You can bump the Aromasin up to 25mg/day. Everything I said is merely a suggestion. It is not the law obviously ;) Because, we all react differently to steroids. My suggestion's are based on my personal first hand knowledge. This is what has worked very well for me with over 20 years of Test/Deca cycles under my belt. Best of luck bud.

joko123
10-14-2017, 11:25 PM
If you've been on test at 500mg for a year I think it's time to shut it down for alittle bit, if you're able to get blood work start low on your dose and see how you feel. Let your body come down to normal levels for 4 weeks, see how you feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4irishmen
10-15-2017, 12:55 AM
If you've been on test at 500mg for a year I think it's time to shut it down for alittle bit, if you're able to get blood work start low on your dose and see how you feel. Let your body come down to normal levels for 4 weeks, see how you feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk500mg a week for a year ??? I'm far from a expert. But that would total my body. I do 300mg X 3 -8 week cycles a yr. 8 on 8 off.

4irishmen
10-15-2017, 12:56 AM
500mg a week for a year ??? I'm far from a expert. But that would total my body. I do 300mg X 3 -8 week cycles a yr. 8 on 8 off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TapatalkFYI I'm 57 years old.

joko123
10-15-2017, 01:21 AM
500mg a week for a year ??? I'm far from a expert. But that would total my body. I do 300mg X 3 -8 week cycles a yr. 8 on 8 off.

That's whst the original OP said. My response was pretty unclear l, I meant drop down to 120mg a week , wait 4 weeks and see where your levels are and slowly adjust upward depending on overall well being and libido

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boxsquatter
10-15-2017, 06:23 PM
I know this thread is old but I had to comment. At 60yrs old there is no reason to try Tren. You would be better off on a low dose of deca or eq. Just keep in mind it may jack your bp up. That being said it will lot jack your pressure up like Tren would..

Boxsquatter
10-15-2017, 06:25 PM
At 60 there is no reason for you to try Tren. You would be better off with a low dose of deca just keep your bp in check

GaryC
10-17-2017, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I've been doing 250 test eth for 4 weeks now. Feel great better than the 6 months at 500. Seems like I had some real low dose test for those 6 months. I say this because I started with 6 months worth and started at 250 week for the first month. Then bumped it 500 for 5 months. I purchased 6 months worth from another source. Thats when after that time I joined this site and asked some questions. I decided to lower my dose and used my last bottle from my original source. And bam I feel like when I just started. My abs are coming back and I just plain feel better. So now I'm going to research some new sources. And I'm gonna stick with 250 test for another 2 months. Then add either 600 deca and keep test at 250 as was suggested. Or Eq at 1000 for first 2 weeks and 500 for 16 more weeks. I figure if I do deca I would do 12 weeks. So what say all you gurus?

4irishmen
10-18-2017, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. I've been doing 250 test eth for 4 weeks now. Feel great better than the 6 months at 500. Seems like I had some real low dose test for those 6 months. I say this because I started with 6 months worth and started at 250 week for the first month. Then bumped it 500 for 5 months. I purchased 6 months worth from another source. Thats when after that time I joined this site and asked some questions. I decided to lower my dose and used my last bottle from my original source. And bam I feel like when I just started. My abs are coming back and I just plain feel better. So now I'm going to research some new sources. And I'm gonna stick with 250 test for another 2 months. Then add either 600 deca and keep test at 250 as was suggested. Or Eq at 1000 for first 2 weeks and 500 for 16 more weeks. I figure if I do deca I would do 12 weeks. So what say all you gurus?Gary so just a question. Your going to run 250-500mg of test for over a year?..Im 57 and after 8 wks of closer to 400 a wk my boys shrink. I have never heard anyone ever blast for so long...EVER !

GaryC
10-18-2017, 10:17 AM
Yes, I'm pretty much staying on year round. No more over 250 for long period's. Just a little higher than trt year round. Then add deca or eq for a blast. Then back to just test at 250. Maybe even go down to125. I have exemistane. I run at 12.5 2 times a week on my pin days. I have no problems with my testicles. And like I was saying before I thought I was doing 500 for 6 months but in reality was just oil im afraid. So quite by accident I ran 6 months on and 6 months off. Now im on at 250 for a month now.

4irishmen
10-18-2017, 10:24 AM
Yes, I'm pretty much staying on year round. No more over 250 for long period's. Just a little higher than trt year round. Then add deca or eq for a blast. Then back to just test at 250. Maybe even go down to125. I have exemistane. I run at 12.5 2 times a week on my pin days. I have no problems with my testicles. And like I was saying before I thought I was doing 500 for 6 months but in reality was just oil im afraid. So quite by accident I ran 6 months on and 6 months off. Now im on at 250 for a month now.Good for you in the nads department. Worst case. You can't get test. You body is totally depending on a chemical. Im not trying to give you crap. But it's a serious game your playing. Again in 30+ years I've never heard a single person do this. Your inside health is more important than how you look.
Good luck my man.

GaryC
10-18-2017, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the advice and concern 4 irishman. I'll definitely take everything in consideration. But, I do know of some other older guys who are seeing anti aging doctors for year round "treatment" Lets just say that a few of them are getting at least 250 a week.

Boxsquatter
10-19-2017, 01:37 AM
I ran a test500mg and deca400-800mg week cycle for one year+. When I looked in the mirror it was like looking st the harvest full moon but fuck it I was strong as fuck. That was my last PL comp plus I was running waves of anadrol 50mg a day split 4 weeks on and 2 off. Don’t knock it unorthodox yes but it work. Never worried about shit down I have been on test for years.

sumguy
10-30-2017, 09:15 PM
Read this link by BOP member Zombieslayer on this/your question of dosing: Strengthening Tendons, Weakening Tendons (https://brotherhoodofpain.com/anabolic-steroid-discussion/7515-strengthening-tendons-weakening-tendons.html). Gives a dosing protocol for those looking to keep tendons and soft tissue injuries at a minimum. While doing combo PED's Deca/Test, Test/EQ, etc. This thread link should answer some of your questions.

The gist of that thread for injury healing anyway is to use low dose Test 200mg a week or under to maintain test levels. Which is a much safer/healthier year-round TRT dose and Deca or EQ for the extra healing qualities they both provide. This protocol seems to fit the agenda for older folks/weight lifters more susceptible to injuries than those of a younger age. But it works for both.

OP: I figure that at my age I will just always do trt. And not worry about pct.

R. Sounds about right if your going to be on TRT year-round.

That low dose TRT/EQ/Anavar or T-Bol thing sounds like a game plan for you. T-Bol has less sides than D-Bol. But both Anavar and T-Bol will skew cholesterol levels some. So T-Bol or Anavar would/should be cycled at around 6-8 weeks, while maintaining a low dose TRT schedule.

I agree with the others, at 60+ less is best in the long run. Anything over 200mg Test a week will skew your labs into the "not good area".

Hope this helps, good luck.