PDA

View Full Version : is cardio worth it??????

junior360
08-21-2017, 07:13 PM
I never even do cardio, is it necessary to do while bulking and on a cycle..
Thanks

Electromass
08-21-2017, 07:20 PM
I never even do cardio, is it necessary to do while bulking and on a cycle..
Thanks
Depends on your metabolism at the time. Some people don't need to do cardio. It also has to do with your environment.
I used to go to an old school gym that had roll up doors and everyone in the place was ripped...no a/c, just fans.
There was no need to do cardio.

One Hairy SOB
08-21-2017, 07:44 PM
I don't believe it's necessary if you have your diet in check. I stay lean year round and pretty much never do cardio. In 5 years I've done one HIIT session.

Just lift the weights faster. :)

d-man
08-21-2017, 11:43 PM
So I do cardio for the Heart protective properties and alter my diet according to my wants (bulking , cutting). Cardio will help with lipid profile , hemoglobin and hematocrit etc...I picture it as keeping my blood moving and not letting it get sludgy like old oil in a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delta5
08-22-2017, 12:07 AM
^^This^^
Other bennies too...I try and hit on 2 days off. I just replace the cals I burn plus some when I get home. If u don't want to then u don't want to, but those that fear cutting into their bulk growth...nothing to really worry about...just replace the cals, plus some.
Its just good for u all around

starkcasey
08-22-2017, 04:36 PM
cardio is not a must during bulking.... however, people who use gear that predisposes them to fat gain (dbol , abombs,etc..) or have the tedency to gain fat easily even on a clean bulk (I am) do cardio 3X a week to help minimize this problem!

Gaynz37
08-22-2017, 04:41 PM
It needs to be done a couple times a week to aid in Heart Health, especially if your Blasting all the time.

joko123
08-22-2017, 04:49 PM
I've kind of enjoyed doing it now that I don't have to , it does have many benifits besides the cosmetics ones we typically do it for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdad
08-22-2017, 05:03 PM
Oly lifts get my heart rate up enough for me!

milleniumgirl
09-06-2017, 08:48 AM
Cardio is healthy. Everyone should do some every day just to stay in shape.
And for those who want to lose some fat HIIT cardio (20 min sessions, no big deal) is the way to go.

skinsfan
09-06-2017, 12:17 PM
I do it to help keep the blood flowing smoothly.

MasterBlaster805
09-24-2017, 06:15 PM
I never even do cardio, is it necessary to do while bulking and on a cycle..?
Thanks

I've Been lifting hard & heavy for a long time. Over the years I've had 6 close friends pass away before the age of 50 due to heart disease related heart attacks. Looking back on it, none of those guys did any cardio ever...and Every one of them looked like a sculpted Greek God with low body fat and great physiques ..when they were laying in their coffins.

Personally I get up every morning at 5 and do a brisk 1 hour walk before breakfast. But 30 minutes 5 days/week of bike, walking, elliptical, or treadmill can pay dividends, not today or tomorrow, but down the road as you get a little older. BTW...Best 3 supplements to take for your health (outside of Bodybuilding stuff) High Potency Fish Oil, Vitamin D3, and a good Men's Multi-vitamin.

:entr542:

Revelations
09-24-2017, 09:22 PM
I've Been lifting hard & heavy for a long time. Over the years I've had 6 close friends pass away before the age of 50 due to heart disease related heart attacks. Looking back on it, none of those guys did any cardio ever...and Every one of them looked like a sculpted Greek God with low body fat and great physiques ..when they were laying in their coffins.

Personally I get up every morning at 5 and do a brisk 1 hour walk before breakfast. But 30 minutes 5 days/week of bike, walking, elliptical, or treadmill can pay dividends, not today or tomorrow, but down the road as you get a little older. BTW...Best 3 supplements to take for your health (outside of Bodybuilding stuff) High Potency Fish Oil, Vitamin D3, and a good Men's Multi-vitamin.

:entr542:
Well said brother. OP take it from me man, I have been in this game for some time now; I have gone without cardio on bulks and even while cutting. I used to be a strong supporter of how it should be all about diet. I cut down to sub 10% with no cardio only weights and dieting my ass off. looking back on it I would now argue that if you are on gear weather cutting or bulking, you should strive to get at least 2 cardio sessions per week. I do three times a week on a bulk and even more while cutting. I can say with 100% certainty that I feel 10 times better with this approach and by no means am I smaller. I have better energy and I feel like I get a certain conditioning that I can't obtain from weights alone. Now I suppose you could follow some hiit weight routine as an alternative to cardio, but I personally do very well with simply jogging on a treadmill or rowing for around 20 min 2-5 times per week. That's all it takes for me and like I said when running gear I feel way better.
-Rev