PDA

View Full Version : Dbol pumps are awesome, but...

HorseChoker
08-25-2017, 06:20 AM
Hey brothers HorseChoker here. I know Dbol is known for giving amazing pumps which it is absolutely doing for me. I take 40mg of ZPHC Dbol with 12oz of orange juice 1 hour before my workouts. It seems that it gives me great pumps and I even feel bench press in my chest which never happens off Dbol. My chest and triceps are by far my strongest muscles and always have been. My question is am I doing too much with my triceps? Because Dbol kills my triceps insanely quickly (I'll post my split below). I work through the pumps past the pain until I literlaly can't move the bar on bench press and it catches on my safety bars in my power rack. I get to rep 8-10 on my first working set of a weight I can easily throw up for 3x12 off cycle. Currently on my 8th, 9th, or 10th rep of my first set of bench press my triceps are cooked. Tonight I waited 10min after my 3rd set and pumped out a 4th set of 5. Then waited 4 minutes and did dumbbell chest flys 3x10. Then I waited 10min and tried to do triceps push downs and got 1 1/2 reps. I ask because I love the Dbol, but it continues to fuck up my bench press which I love more than almost anything on the planet and it is totalling my triceps. Any help or advice would be awesome brothers and very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

My split
Mon: bench press 3x10, dumbbell chest flys 3x10, skull crushers 3x10, reverse tricep pushdowns 3x10.
Tue: barbell row 3x10, cable row 3x10, lat pull downs 3x10, barbell curls 3x10, incline dumbbell curls 3x10
Wed: leg press 3x10, hami curls 3x10, quad extensions 3x10, calf raises 3x50.
Thu: incline bench 3x10, military press 3x10, french press 3x10, triceps push downs 3x10
Fri: barbell row 3x10, cable row 3x10, lat pull downs 3x10, preacher curls 3x10, dumbbell curls 3x10
Sat: leg press 3x10, hami curls 3x10, quad extensions 3x10, calf raises 3x50.
Sun: off

Diet
not clean but no fast food, pop, or junk food 3500 calories a day
200g protein and as many carbs as I can get in. Tracking only calories and protein.

Cycle
bulk
test e 500mg a week and Dbol 40mg ED

Topps217
08-25-2017, 06:39 AM
I'm on just a test vyp 250 mg a week intro cycle what you recomend adding to subtracting

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Topps217
08-25-2017, 06:39 AM
I have a plethora of chems at disposal

HorseChoker
08-25-2017, 06:53 AM
Hey brother thanks for the reply, but this is my first cycle so you may want to make your own thread so that some vets can answer your question better. That said from my own research depending on goals your additions would differ. If your bulking I would up the test cyp to 500mg a wk and add Dbol at 30-50mg ED either split up through out the day or taken all at once before your workout. Only run Dbol for 4-8wks max then take equal time off of it. I love it and run it at 40mg all at once 1 hour before my workout ED. If your cutting or recomping I would still up the test to 500mg a week and add either anavar or winstrol to the last 4-8 weeks of your cycle. For dosing anavar and/or winstrol appropriately ask the vets and/or search the stickies/forums on here. Do some more research brother it pays off, plus you can never too much. Good luck brother.

BamaBoyPat
08-25-2017, 04:02 PM
Do you do your 3 sets of 10 then move to the next exercise or are doing one set of each exercise? Kinda sounds like you should switch up your hand placement a little further apart while you bench. That way your tri's don't take over.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SimpleAddar
08-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Dbols rock!!

HorseChoker
08-25-2017, 10:28 PM
BamaBoyPat thanks for the reply brother I appreciate it. I am a wide guy just bone structure wise so I may try this, I used to bench one thumb length from the rings on the barbell and my old lifting partner told me it was a fairly narrow grip for my width so now I bench with a grip that leaves about 10in between my pinky and the plate arm on each side. It's hard to explain better I'll try to get my gf to take a pic for me. To answer your question about workout order I usually do 3 sets with 2min rest between each set and 4min rest between exercises so like bench press set 1, rest 2 minutes, bench press set 2, rest 2 minutes, bench press set 3, rest 4 minutes, chest dumbbell flys set 1, rest 2 minutes, etc... until my workout is done.

HorseChoker
08-25-2017, 10:49 PM

BamaBoyPat this is my grip width. what do you think? It looks like I could go a little wider to achieve a true 90 degree angle between my forearms and the bar.

HorseChoker
08-26-2017, 12:19 AM
Any other suggestions or ideas or perhaps other members who have experienced this or something comparatively similar?

BamaBoyPat
08-26-2017, 01:51 AM
I get what you're saying. I'm pretty wide too so when I first started working out I had no clue what I was doing and now my tri's are more developed than anything else. Except my back but that's off topic. Anyways I still find myself sometimes not spacing it out enough and my triceps take the work load. Just go a little wider so you can hit the 90 and see how that feels. If you go to am actual gym you could try the hammer press machines. They're usually wide enough already for you not to have to think about it.

HorseChoker
08-26-2017, 05:58 AM
BamaBoyPat I appreciate your help and advice brother and I appreciate you sticking with the thread. I will widen up on Monday and report back. By the way you do have a nice back. My only remaining question though is why is it just now showing up? Why doesn't it happen off cycle?

steroids4uk
08-26-2017, 09:53 AM
nice

joko123
08-26-2017, 10:31 AM
Move your hands further out and im willing to get you keep your elbows tucked tight on your pats , flare them out a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HorseChoker
08-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Joko123 thanks for the reply and hello again brother. I will definitely take BamaBoyPat's and your advice and try it all out Monday when I do bench press again. Your right about the flaring thing, I do try to keep them close as I lift because I used to let them flare to much and it made bench shoulder heavy. So I will still make sure not to flare out a lot, but I'll let them out a bit and widen up my grip a little more. I'll report back late Monday night PST when I'm done lifting. Appreciate the reply and advice brother.

joko123
08-26-2017, 11:51 PM
Joko123 thanks for the reply and hello again brother. I will definitely take BamaBoyPat's and your advice and try it all out Monday when I do bench press again. Your right about the flaring thing, I do try to keep them close as I lift because I used to let them flare to much and it made bench shoulder heavy. So I will still make sure not to flare out a lot, but I'll let them out a bit and widen up my grip a little more. I'll report back late Monday night PST when I'm done lifting. Appreciate the reply and advice brother.

Try to find the happy medium, I've been finding I can get a much better contraction on the seated chest chest press machine as opposed to doing a standard flat bench press.

HorseChoker
08-27-2017, 12:54 AM
Joko123 if I get the chance I'll try the seated chest press brother. I don't lift at a gym though so I'll have to try it when college starts up again at the campus gym. I lift in my garage as I'm lucky enough to have amassed a pretty sweet home gym. I hav egathered the following: adjustable bench press, power cage, leg press hack squat machine combo, dumbells, hami quad machine, low and high pulley back machine, preacher curl station, barbell row machine, deadlift station, and plate load olympic dumbbells. lol I love it so much.

joko123
08-27-2017, 01:22 AM
Dam that's a nice set up brother ,

Give this a watch , nice shirt video on how to feel and activate your chest

Can't feel your chest when lifting? 3 expert tips to solve that problem - YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CkvAFHD9SlQ)

Topps217
08-27-2017, 01:24 AM

BamaBoyPat this is my grip width. what do you think? It looks like I could go a little wider to achieve a true 90 degree angle between my forearms and the bar.I go wide then as wide as my shoulders then do close grip jmo

BamaBoyPat
08-27-2017, 04:04 AM
BamaBoyPat I appreciate your help and advice brother and I appreciate you sticking with the thread. I will widen up on Monday and report back. By the way you do have a nice back. My only remaining question though is why is it just now showing up? Why doesn't it happen off cycle?No problem man we're all here to help. And thanks it's looks a bit different now I'll have to update the pic. And possibly the reason it doesn't happen off cycle is because off cycle you don't get the same pump, if that makes sense. You're not getting the extra blood flow and higher blood cell count so there's not as much there than when you're on. And quite possibly you just got some potent enough dbol that you can tell the difference. I work out in my garage too my my bench rack is quite a bit wider than yours. I've always gone outside shoulder width because of me being so wide. Another question...are your front delts a bit larger than the rest of your shoulder?

G160
08-27-2017, 06:04 AM
Well i have the same problem my tris take over...What worked for me is lowering weight doing a few more reps while either looking or concentrating on my pecs, it helps make the mind muscle connection, contract your chest, curve your back..if all that fails go to the chest press seated machine like squidd said and face a mirror...it works

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

HorseChoker
08-27-2017, 08:00 AM
Joko123 thanks for the video brother. I'm watching it now and will watch it again Monday while I bench. I am switching from natural powerlifting to aas bobdybyildong lol. I haven't gotten the courage to post up my pics. But trust me my body doesn't reflect my strength which is why I switched to bodybuilding. Once I get the build I want I'm going back to my first love, Powerlifting. I appreciate all the help.

HorseChoker
08-27-2017, 08:06 AM
BamaBoyPat thank you for sticking with the thread brother. I'm looking forward to seeing the updated pics. I have in my mid decent lateral and front delts. If I man up I'll post pics of my shitty body lol rough, but true. My strength isn't reflected in my physique which is why I am switching temporarily to bodybuilding. My true passion is powerlifting. I appreciate all your help brother and I know your all here to help, but I find that BOP and it's members are not only helpful they are also supportive and friendly, unlike any other forum I've tried before. So far I love this place. I appreciate you guys.

HorseChoker
08-27-2017, 08:09 AM
G160 thank you for the reply brother. I will definitely try that. It couldn't hurt. I appreciate your input brother.

HorseChoker
08-27-2017, 08:11 AM
Topps217 Thanks for the advice brother. It all helps. It seems you and a lot of the guys all recommend going a bit wider. I'll report back Monday after I lift.

joko123
08-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Haha well makes sense if you're going from powerlifting to bodybuilding ! It'll take a little bit of time to get the new motor pathway down

HorseChoker
08-27-2017, 08:28 PM
Joko122 is there a significant difference? I am being serious and not trying to be a dick brother. I had no idea. I thought it was just different rep schemes and rest intervals for bodybuilding vs powerlifting. I am new to bodybuilding though and it would make sense that I'm missing something. I follow my own powerlifting style and work in the failure -3 rep range always in sets of 3- failure. So naively I figured that switching from powerlifting to bodybuilding the only difference would be instead of resting as long as I need between sets I would have to stick to a 2min rest between sets. Because I lift slow and controlled regardless. Idk, but I do believe what you are saying is true. There is a difference in knowing how something is done vs knowing how to actually do it. Exciting stuff. I hope I get bodybuilding down so I can have the strength and look haha. As always Joko123 thanks for the input brother.

BamaBoyPat
08-28-2017, 01:43 AM
Yeah man if you watch some bench videos between bodybuilders and powerlifters there's a significant difference as to how they perform lifts. The mechanics are completely different.

HorseChoker
08-28-2017, 09:07 AM
BamaBoyPat I guess it's time for me to watch a ton of form videos and practice, practice, practice.

joko123
08-28-2017, 10:49 AM
Joko122 is there a significant difference? I am being serious and not trying to be a dick brother. I had no idea. I thought it was just different rep schemes and rest intervals for bodybuilding vs powerlifting. I am new to bodybuilding though and it would make sense that I'm missing something. I follow my own powerlifting style and work in the failure -3 rep range always in sets of 3- failure. So naively I figured that switching from powerlifting to bodybuilding the only difference would be instead of resting as long as I need between sets I would have to stick to a 2min rest between sets. Because I lift slow and controlled regardless. Idk, but I do believe what you are saying is true. There is a difference in knowing how something is done vs knowing how to actually do it. Exciting stuff. I hope I get bodybuilding down so I can have the strength and look haha. As always Joko123 thanks for the input brother.

Anytime brother! Huge difference brother, lifting like a powerlifting you're using yore whole body , ATleast you should be , big arch in your back , driving through your heels (although you should be on your tippy toes), grip is more narrow , bar should be coming down lower down on the chest if you're powerlifting.

Bodybuilding benching you should not have that great of an arch on your back, heels should be firmly planted on the ground , un like powerlifting where you should be coiled like a spring ready to explode.

It's gonna take some playing around with to learn a new neuropathway. Starting out just focus on feel the muscle stretch and contract. Remember the weights are just a tool it's how you did them is what makes all the differnce.

HorseChoker
08-28-2017, 09:41 PM
Joko123 well like I said in my previous posts I kind of did powerlifting my own way. I keep my feet on the ground at the toes, but only so I don't wobble I don't use my legs. I don't arch my back and I don't drive with my legs. I guess because I always equated a big arch and driving through your legs to be shortcuts along with bouncing off your rib cage, using wraps, and bench shirts. I'm a purist I guess while also not doing things completely the powerlifting way. Since you have been at this longer than me is what I did wrong? I don't think it was. I wonder how much I could bench if I did it completely powerlifting style. Lower bar placement, big arch, using legs etc... My PR of 405 raw is flat back, no leg drive, no bounce, no bench shirt, no wraps of any kind, and no lift off. Joko123 I appreciate all the help and guidance brother.

HorseChoker
08-28-2017, 09:49 PM
Hey brothers thanks to everyone who has replied and helped out this far it means a lot. I just figured out the likes and thanks system so that should be reflected in your notifications now. BamaBoyPat and Joko123 special thanks to you two for really sticking with the thread and continuing to engage in guidance and support. Thanks brothers.

joko123
08-28-2017, 10:25 PM
Joko123 well like I said in my previous posts I kind of did powerlifting my own way. I keep my feet on the ground at the toes, but only so I don't wobble I don't use my legs. I don't arch my back and I don't drive with my legs. I guess because I always equated a big arch and driving through your legs to be shortcuts along with bouncing off your rib cage, using wraps, and bench shirts. I'm a purist I guess while also not doing things completely the powerlifting way. Since you have been at this longer than me is what I did wrong? I don't think it was. I wonder how much I could bench if I did it completely powerlifting style. Lower bar placement, big arch, using legs etc... My PR of 405 raw is flat back, no leg drive, no bounce, no bench shirt, no wraps of any kind, and no lift off. Joko123 I appreciate all the help and guidance brother.

You weren't doing anything wrong I guess we can say you were doing a hybrid , powerlifting the goal is to lift the maximal amount of weight , point blank. I would say you just need to find the happy medium between your elbows in and flared completely out.

I like to well when I do close grip bench keepcmy elbows real tight , arched back almost spring loaded, through my legs and really hit my tris

UPL101
08-28-2017, 10:41 PM
The amount of blood rushing to the muscle whilst on dbol is amazing, thus leading to quick fatigue man, you will be feeling like your fatigued but you aint bro.. kill it !!!

HorseChoker
08-28-2017, 10:47 PM
Joko123 good advice brother. I especially like your view on close grip bench for tricep development I agree your approach makes the most sense as that way you are really focusing on the triceps doing the work. Exciting stuff. Joko123 do you like Dbol? Also halotestin for when I go back to strength is it worth it? I ask because I've read it's very liver toxic and side effect heavy, but that for strength it is arguably the best. I don't and have never used or tried alcohol, tabacco, any hard drugs (legal or not), or marijuana. I drink 1-2 gallons of water a day. I take no medications and only take pain meds when I just can't stand it anymore bad have been this way my whole life so although I know it's not a guarantee I feel like liver toxicity is not as huge a concern for me though I still take it very seriously even on my current cycle of Dbol I'm taking organ defender by 5% nutrition. Just looking for some info on halotestin because I didn't dons my answers on the forum stickies or the search.

HorseChoker
08-28-2017, 10:51 PM
UPL101 appreciate the reply brother. Yeah I am gonna hate getting off the Dbol. Trust me I pushed until my body gave and that bar crashed into my safety bars, pain and pump intensity are not the issue. However you may be right I may need to adjust for faster fatigue from the increased pump volume if the grip adjustment doesn't help enough.

joko123
08-28-2017, 10:54 PM
I love dbol ! Lol when my stomach can tolerate , it seems like orals are hit or miss if I can run them these days. I loved the pumps and the great sense of well being provided by dbol.

Halo is the king of strength orals aside from Cheuque drops and from what I hear m1t. I ran halo the last few weeks on my contest prep and I was getting scary strong, setting PRs it seemed like every workout. I've never seen blood work on it but it is definitely one of the most toxic orals out there.

BamaBoyPat
08-28-2017, 11:02 PM
No problem brother. You should look into powerbuilding. A lot of people make fun of it but it seems like it could be the happy medium you're looking for. I usually do it during my bulks. It's like a hybrid of powerlifting and bodybuilding so typically you do exercises from both during a workout.

HorseChoker
08-29-2017, 05:20 AM
Joko123 thanks for the insight. Sounds like I may have a future 4 week date with halotestin. Thanks for the help brother.

HorseChoker
08-29-2017, 05:22 AM
BamaBoyPat I will look into it brother sounds interesting, plus it must work for size based on your back brother. Thank you.

HorseChoker
08-29-2017, 05:24 AM
Hey brothers thanks for sticking with the thread all your advice and help was truly appreciated. I scooted my hands out to just outside shoulder width and boom issue solved. Had a great fucking workout. Thanks again everybody, especially BamaBoyPat and Joko123 you guys are good members and good dudes. You'll have to come give me some shit for my physique when I post up my pics lol.

KCMason35
09-14-2017, 10:54 PM
Do a shit ton of blow that helps with the pump. [emoji23] Thanks to all the boys for helping out my longtime friend horsechoker here.