PDA

View Full Version : Traps won't grow

Slayer
09-02-2017, 07:06 PM
What's up guys, looking for some input can't seem to get my traps to Grow I hit them heavy and hard shoulder day. I'll even hit them on back day. What's the best way to get them to grow for someone such as myself that has a difficult time building them? Thanks

Anzel
09-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Shrugs , up right rows, reverse fly and side shoulder flys. That should do it. Also shoulder press. They get hit in almost all the upper body exercises.
Out of curiosity how do your shoulders look?

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.ru representative

Visit Puritysourcelabs.ru or PM me.

d-man
09-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Try some face pulls /drags with the pulley set belly button height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobhead
09-02-2017, 09:55 PM
Upright and bent over dumbell rows.

Woods
09-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Deads is the best

Loose Cannon
09-02-2017, 11:17 PM
"crying shrugs"
learned them from the previous americas strongest man derek poundstone.
little secret he posted years ago.

walk up to some kind of rack in the gym where whatever bar your leaning on is just below shoulder height. lean over and put your arm on it and rest your head on your arm as if your crying and want no one to see haha. one arm at a time do shrugs in that position. heavy, heavy heavy as well.

G160
09-02-2017, 11:27 PM
"crying shrugs"
learned them from the previous americas strongest man derek poundstone.
little secret he posted years ago.

walk up to some kind of rack in the gym where whatever bar your leaning on is just below shoulder height. lean over and put your arm on it and rest your head on your arm as if your crying and want no one to see haha. one arm at a time do shrugs in that position. heavy, heavy heavy as well.Damn loose cannon that sounds good,trying it today...

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Bombarinos
09-02-2017, 11:57 PM
Go to fast willlie thraead i put my workouts up in link my traps are huge train 3 sdays a week go check out links

QUOTE=Slayer;606572]What's up guys, looking for some input can't seem to get my traps to Grow I hit them heavy and hard shoulder day. I'll even hit them on back day. What's the best way to get them to grow for someone such as myself that has a difficult time building them? Thanks[/QUOTE]

G160
09-03-2017, 12:11 AM
Go to fast willlie thraead i put my workouts up in link my traps are huge train 3 sdays a week go check out links

QUOTE=Slayer;606572]What's up guys, looking for some input can't seem to get my traps to Grow I hit them heavy and hard shoulder day. I'll even hit them on back day. What's the best way to get them to grow for someone such as myself that has a difficult time building them? Thanks[/QUOTE]3 days a week? Damn i thought i was slacking for doing 5 days a week

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

bulk_cut
09-03-2017, 12:21 AM
If i had to guess you're rolling your shoulders to far forward and dropping your head as well. Use dumbbells and Try to make sure you're standing straight as you can and drop your shoulder blades back and down and look straight ahead then with a clean smooth movement raise your shoulder to your ears without jerking or breaking your form. Like anything else, Form is more important than weight. I also like doing barbell shrugs behind the back - again making sure posture is correct.

julskee
09-03-2017, 12:43 AM
Rack pulls at the knee or above the knee. Alowes you to overloaded the traps/upper back due to the lack of range of motion. You get a crazy stretch/tension on the traps. I normally get up to around 700 pounds.

Your traps are pretty stubborn, unless your genetically gifted ... So overloading with heavy ass weight and progressive over load is the way to go... Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

korsaire
09-03-2017, 01:40 AM
mountaindog1 as post that video yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_BgoVYHuM

kremitt003
09-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Im having the same problem op

Fast Willie from Philly
09-10-2017, 07:44 PM

QUOTE=Slayer;606572]What's up guys, looking for some input can't seem to get my traps to Grow I hit them heavy and hard shoulder day. I'll even hit them on back day. What's the best way to get them to grow for someone such as myself that has a difficult time building them? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I thank you for putting that on there brother. I haven't seen it yet but I just got back on here after a few days. I'm going to check it out tonight

TheMack
09-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Rack pulls at the knee or above the knee. Alowes you to overloaded the traps/upper back due to the lack of range of motion. You get a crazy stretch/tension on the traps. I normally get up to around 700 pounds.

Your traps are pretty stubborn, unless your genetically gifted ... So overloading with heavy ass weight and progressive over load is the way to go... Hope that helps

Rack pulls made the difference for me. Had minimal growth of traps, rack pulls woke those bad boys up and started growing!

Revelations
09-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Maybe I just have lucky genetics but traps just get huge on cycle for me and I don't train em any different. Ive heard the traps have more receptors so thats why they blow up while on. Anyways op I suggest keep it basic man heavy deads, bb shrugs, db shrugs, and I like 45 plate shrugs as a finisher; long holds at the top of the movement.
-Rev

Loose Cannon
09-11-2017, 04:27 AM
Maybe I just have lucky genetics but traps just get huge on cycle for me and I don't train em any different. Ive heard the traps have more receptors so thats why they blow up while on. Anyways op I suggest keep it basic man heavy deads, bb shrugs, db shrugs, and I like 45 plate shrugs as a finisher; long holds at the top of the movement.
-Rev

same here. traps and delts are first to grow for me.

Electromass
09-11-2017, 06:18 AM
Rack pulls bro. Farmers walk, and the mountain dog video is good to, but you show me a dead lifter, or someone doing rack pulls with no traps and I'll give you all my gear!

julskee
09-11-2017, 06:42 AM
Rack pulls bro. Farmers walk, and the mountain dog video is good to, but you show me a dead lifter, or someone doing rack pulls with no traps and I'll give you all my gear!Yeah anything that emphasizes the stretch with heavy weight... Even just rack pull holds for as long as you can. Really try mind muscle connect with your traps. (Example) Put as many plates on as possible, use straps so it takes the weight from your wrist so you can load that bitch up and pull from around knee high... Just hold it for as long as possible then lower slowly to a dead stop then go again and again as many times as possible! Do how ever many sets you can and try progressive over load that muscle every week.. Try build up on some frequency over time and go from there. Hope. That helps

Gaynz37
09-11-2017, 09:53 AM
Traps are King. Barbell Shrugs, Dumbell Shrugs, Face Pulls, 1 Arm Barbell Shrugs is all I do, low rep Heavy Weight, Kill em...

busa2009
09-13-2017, 11:54 AM
Honestly your upper traps works in the transverse plane which means rows or side lateral dumbells with a row technique.

Themain1
10-09-2017, 02:52 PM

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkI definitely agree with julskee rack I pulls are great for building mass in the traps

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

itsme
12-17-2017, 01:44 AM
I definitely agree with julskee rack I pulls are great for building mass in the traps

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalktrue true on rack pulls...

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Primemuscle
12-17-2017, 01:50 AM
It’s pretty much been said but just to reiterate: rack pulls, heavy rows, deadlifting, upright rows and reverse pec dec flies will make your traps grow. Hit those suckers from every angle, know when to go heavy and when to do more volume depending on the exercise and you’ll see some growth brotha