PDA

View Full Version : Bitcoin

gainster2014
09-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Can anyone explain how to start using bitcoin? How to go from cash to being able to send money?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reliable_DNP
09-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Start here - reddit.com: over 18? (https://www.reddit.com/r/Steroidsourcetalk/wiki/bitcoin)

TLDR - Sign Up for BTC Brokerage Account (coinbase, e.g.). Verify. Link your CC, Bank Account, WTFE. Purchase BTC. Now you can send BTC.

Please note. Bitcoin is not inherently anonymous. Additional steps must be taken to "anonymize" your transaction.

Sqwuidd
09-07-2017, 03:51 PM
There are tons of threads about this --read back!

To put it simply without writing a novel-- Go to Coinbase- open an account and purchase coins with CC debit or bank acct.

Transfer your coins to a wallet (Blockchain is a good one)-- This is where you send coins from to a sponsor - DONT SEND FROM COINBASE!

Read up man - it isnt that complicated once you get it set up

Rasta
09-07-2017, 04:18 PM

To put it simply without writing a novel-- Go to Coinbase- open an account and purchase coins with CC debit or bank acct.

Transfer your coins to a wallet (Blockchain is a good one)-- This is where you send coins from to a sponsor - DONT SEND FROM COINBASE!

Eh bruddah, why you say don't send from Coinbase mon?

Sqwuidd
09-07-2017, 04:20 PM
If you do, many people have been banned from using it any longer --My experience with it and from speaking with others is to send to an external wallet and send from there--helps with anonymity and security of sending the coins -- Others can chime in --there are at least 5 other threads about this on here from past discussions and issues.

Reliable_DNP
09-07-2017, 04:53 PM
If you do, many people have been banned from using it any longer

^^^THIS. Coinbase is like dealing with a bank/brokerage house. They should be assumed to cooperate closely with the tax man, bank/money laundering regulators, and law enforcement overall. BTC is the preferred currency for illicit online activities and it is traceable, and consequently the subject of intense LE scrutiny. Also, IT IS NOT INHERENTLY ANONYMOUS as many seem to believe. When you send directly from cb to a known darknet BTC address, you are outing yourself as a buyer of illegal shit. Lots of stories out there about coinbase users who send BTC directly to DNM addresses and got banned from cb. And lost money in the process.

My experience with it and from speaking with others is to send to an external wallet and send from there--helps with anonymity and security of sending the coins

^^^AND THIS. AT LEAST. This is, in my admittedly limited understanding of the technology, the MINIMUM security measures one should take. A more conservative approach, and one recommended to me by vastly more experienced users than I, is some version of the following. coinbase --> tumbler --> electrum wallet (run on TAILS; sending from unique BTC address) --> vendor.

The key is breaking any link between your clearnet ID (coinbase, gmail, wifey, userids, anything on your phone, etc.) and your Darknet ID.

Rasta
09-07-2017, 05:03 PM
If you do, many people have been banned from using it any longer --My experience with it and from speaking with others is to send to an external wallet and send from there--helps with anonymity and security of sending the coins -- Others can chime in --there are at least 5 other threads about this on here from past discussions and issues.

So what be some good external wallets mon?

Sqwuidd
09-07-2017, 05:15 PM
I use Blockchain for my stuff. I also run a VPN on my phone when sending the coins. If I haven't been sending from laptop or desktop due to IP address issues etc.

Reliable -- you wanna add any other Secure Wallets to the list? I am limited in my understanding them but Blockchain has been good for me so far-- but I don't make a lot of BTC transactions so it prob looks normal regardless.

gainster2014
09-08-2017, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the info guys! Going to get setup and see how it goes.

Sent from my SM-T337T using Tapatalk

Reliable_DNP
09-12-2017, 07:42 PM
So what be some good external wallets mon?

Electrum on TAILS run on a burner laptop on public wifi

Fancycat69
10-04-2017, 09:52 AM

Thank god I read this lol. Im just learning now and I thought I was all good since I got my coin base set up

Fancycat69
10-04-2017, 09:55 AM
Damn. Is this even much safer than western union?

bigeyed
10-04-2017, 12:06 PM
Bump. Thanks for the write-up guys. I'm going to set up an account based on the info given.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AffordableWind
06-25-2018, 06:02 AM
Hello, my name is Afford. Can anyone tell me details knowledge about bitcoin, like how to invest and how to earn money from bitcoin?