PDA

View Full Version : New to powerlifting

USMC51683
09-14-2017, 12:04 AM
I been mostly into body building the last few years and about 3 months ago switched to the 5x5 program. I'm seeing sick improvements and my body is responding so well it's crazy .Im curious how many days a week you guys train cause I'm use to 6 days a week and right now only doing 4 but it's extreamly taxing on my body . Like I feel I need the rest time in between cause I feel beat up from trying to increase 5lb on all my lifts every week. Also taking 1 cc test cyp every 7 days and creatine with my diet pretty dialed in.

Fancycat69
09-14-2017, 12:26 AM
I been mostly into body building the last few years and about 3 months ago switched to the 5x5 program. I'm seeing sick improvements and my body is responding so well it's crazy .Im curious how many days a week you guys train cause I'm use to 6 days a week and right now only doing 4 but it's extreamly taxing on my body . Like I feel I need the rest time in between cause I feel beat up from trying to increase 5lb on all my lifts every week. Also taking 1 cc test cyp every 7 days and creatine with my diet pretty dialed in.

Listen to your body man. When I used to powerlift I normally did a 4 day split but a 3 day split can work as well. Again, taking lots of rest days is good for strength and growth, notneccesarily for keeping the greatest body composition. However, if you keep your diet in check you can look good too.

SimpleAddar
09-14-2017, 01:32 AM
Best of luck with it bro...

USMC51683
09-14-2017, 11:24 AM
I appreciate it bro . I guess I just Gota work up to it. I'm gonna stick with the 5x5 till Jan.Ive been doing a lot of reading on Paul carter and really like his lift run bang program

MK101
11-05-2017, 07:41 AM
2 upper/2 lower works for me. Squat and bench respond best with frequency in my department, so I need to be doing them regular. Deadlift once a week. There is obviously many ways to train, but this is what I'm doing at and in the past it works well.