PDA

View Full Version : Hulkbody sentence no joke

Bombarinos
09-19-2017, 06:22 PM
DB27 • Tue, Sep 19th, '17 12:26 • 0 replies, 9 views
Today Joel Pasternak, the founder and operator of hulkbody.com was sentenced to 108 months in federal prison and was immediately reprimanded into custody by US marshalls. Pasternak along with his father Eddie pasternak, mother Lori Pasternak, and brothers Joshua Pasternak and Jared Pasternak were operating the long time operation out of Johnson city Tennessee from 2010-2015 and racked up at least 2.8 million dollars in steroid sales. The operation was busted in 2015 as part of "operation cyber juice" led by the DEA and the United States postal inspectors. Fellas they aren't playing with this anymore. think about he risk vs reward before you get yourself involved in activities like this. They are watching all the time.

kawa636
09-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Holy shit..thats crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fancycat69
09-19-2017, 06:59 PM
Damn

tcinbc66
09-19-2017, 07:08 PM
With that being about $500,000 a year of sales between 4 people and not including cost of goods or any other expenses I am not seeing a big profit there. Don't get me wrong it's a good business but that just ain't worth it. And you know for damn sure the sales on that business weren't showing up on any tax returns!

Bombarinos
09-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Thats alot of time my men

tcinbc66
09-20-2017, 12:17 AM
Thats alot of time my men

9 years for something that does nothing harmful makes absolutely no sense at all.

TheDictator
09-20-2017, 12:43 AM
Are the actual charges posted? Thats the longest sentence i've ever seen. There has to be more to this whether he had multiple previous felonies, gun charges,etc.. Thats nuts.

Kvasir
09-20-2017, 12:44 AM
Ouch!!

Bombarinos
09-20-2017, 01:21 AM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.steroid.com/blog/Two-Low-Level-Employees-of-Hulk-Body-Labs-Will-Both-Likely-Avoid-Prison-in-Steroid-Case.php&ved=0ahUKEwjTi9PPzLLWAhWDOyYKHYl4Bl0QFggrMAI&usg=AFQjCNFnezbC8-hpI4Ype247DuqK0IpHoQ

curtisg35
09-20-2017, 07:18 AM
DB27 • Tue, Sep 19th, '17 12:26 • 0 replies, 9 views
Today Joel Pasternak, the founder and operator of hulkbody.com was sentenced to 108 months in federal prison and was immediately reprimanded into custody by US marshalls. Pasternak along with his father Eddie pasternak, mother Lori Pasternak, and brothers Joshua Pasternak and Jared Pasternak were operating the long time operation out of Johnson city Tennessee from 2010-2015 and racked up at least 2.8 million dollars in steroid sales. The operation was busted in 2015 as part of "operation cyber juice" led by the DEA and the United States postal inspectors. Fellas they aren't playing with this anymore. think about he risk vs reward before you get yourself involved in activities like this. They are watching all the time.

The feds only give 47 days a year off your sentence for good time. If he gets in trouble he can lose that but that is 14 months of good time. He will get 9-12 months in a halfway house. So basically he will be hitting the streets in about 7 years with probably either 3 or 5 years of paper following that.

Diesel1965
09-20-2017, 07:46 AM
Wonder what went wrong? Did someone get pinched on the street and ratted him out ? Was in the USPS ?ect... Had a few on the payroll. Had a desent run looks like. What like 5 yrs ? Maybe someone got comfortable and forgot to do their i's and cross their t's . Loos lips sink ship's

bulk_cut
09-20-2017, 08:06 AM
The feds only give 47 days a year off your sentence for good time. If he gets in trouble he can lose that but that is 14 months of good time. He will get 9-12 months in a halfway house. So basically he will be hitting the streets in about 7 years with probably either 3 or 5 years of paper following that.

Unless they recently changed their policy the feds give you 54 days a year in good time.

TheDictator
09-21-2017, 12:24 AM
If he had a gun charge that will add 5 years. But still thats 4years for gear alone. He must have stored all his financial records and everything.

jsnm
09-21-2017, 01:10 AM
Damn that’s a hefty sentence,and they had usps postal inspectors??

Skybox'17
09-21-2017, 03:23 AM
I'd be willing to bet that the heavy sentence was more due to tax evasion than dealing gear

Reliable_DNP
09-21-2017, 03:08 PM
Are the actual charges posted? Thats the longest sentence i've ever seen. There has to be more to this whether he had multiple previous felonies, gun charges,etc.. Thats nuts.

Heard. Also really curious how this guy got clipped. The judge sealed the file at the defendant's request as part of the plea agreement.

Reliable_DNP
09-21-2017, 04:11 PM
The judge sealed the file at the defendant's request as part of the plea agreement.

This is wrong. Had confused with another case. More detail here (http://www.newportplaintalk.com/news/article_5dcb2f37-d008-53d0-a729-0752891ff48f.html). Conspiracy and money laundering look to be the big ones...

TheDictator
09-21-2017, 09:20 PM
This is wrong. Had confused with another case. More detail here (http://www.newportplaintalk.com/news/article_5dcb2f37-d008-53d0-a729-0752891ff48f.html). Conspiracy and money laundering look to be the big ones...

I cant believe conspiracy charges even exist. Its basically a way the gov can say "well I cant prove you did it but I think you did."

Boulder
09-21-2017, 09:46 PM
With that being about $500,000 a year of sales between 4 people and not including cost of goods or any other expenses I am not seeing a big profit there. Don't get me wrong it's a good business but that just ain't worth it. And you know for damn sure the sales on that business weren't showing up on any tax returns!

if they paid taxes on it they probably would have been left alone

Reliable_DNP
09-21-2017, 10:55 PM
I cant believe conspiracy charges even exist. Its basically a way the gov can say "well I cant prove you did it but I think you did."

That shit was legislated as a way to allow the FEDs to go after mob bosses who maintained arms length distance from the action. Made some sense in that context, but the penalties are fuckn hefty and my understanding is that they have increasingly using conspiracy charges outside of that original context for that reason. The money laundering is a bitch also...

Reliable_DNP
09-21-2017, 11:17 PM
All the gory detail is here (pdf).
(https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/newportplaintalk.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/6c/26ce5184-07d6-5344-90b8-4cdf20021540/59c2fa77ba0ce.pdf.pdf)
Well worth the read...

curtisg35
09-23-2017, 02:30 AM
Unless they recently changed their policy the feds give you 54 days a year in good time.

It is 47 days and nothing has changed. You can read the explanation here http://famm.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/FAQ-Federal-Good-Time-6.7.pdf

That keeps me from having to type it out

Xtreme4Life
09-23-2017, 12:28 PM
All the gory detail is here (pdf).
(https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/newportplaintalk.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/6c/26ce5184-07d6-5344-90b8-4cdf20021540/59c2fa77ba0ce.pdf.pdf)
Well worth the read...

Quite the read. It's amazing how patient those bastards are. I went through something similar when I owned a few headshops years ago. My business partner started making and selling spice and bathsalts on the side. Within a year he was selling millions worth a month. The Feds kept track of him for 2+ years collecting info and watching him grow until they finally swooped in arrested him and took everything. I got wrapped up in it because of our business relationship. He was a baller for a couple years though lol

TheDictator
09-26-2017, 11:45 PM
Wow I didnt know he had his own website. It cant hurt to appeal. He prob wont win but he has nothing to lose since he got the max sentences. Anyone know what email he used? 60,000 emails is a lot of emails to uncover and the email source should be exposed if they gave up info.

saywutrly
11-26-2017, 02:08 AM
Quite the read. It's amazing how patient those bastards are. I went through something similar when I owned a few headshops years ago. My business partner started making and selling spice and bathsalts on the side. Within a year he was selling millions worth a month. The Feds kept track of him for 2+ years collecting info and watching him grow until they finally swooped in arrested him and took everything. I got wrapped up in it because of our business relationship. He was a baller for a couple years though lol

That was a really beneficial time when that stuff was actually legal.

Hatebreed
11-26-2017, 02:21 AM
Curtis is right on the $$ everything he said was accurate.

BuschWolff
02-19-2018, 02:25 PM
damn!

born
02-19-2018, 03:56 PM

Indeed.
I knew a good man who was a bank president that signed mortgage requisisition forms from the FDIC and marked the mortgages paid, to postpone foreclosure.

FDIC was notified by a no good pos that they weren't calling on past due mortgages so 40 guards swarmed the bank and froze all accounts. When they found the deficit they charged him with imbezzlement.

Only one problem... The guy lived in a trailer house and had stolen no money. So they charged him with three counts of signing false statements and sentenced him to 7.5 years in fedpen. They turned a few thousand dollars of late payment into 2.5 million dollars of fraud.

He is out now. Only served about 5 years. Ruined him though and he is a good man. I was there the day he was to report to prison with his family weeping. The fucking prosecutor was comparing him to goldman sachs to the grand jury... All because he was trying to help people that couldn't afford their bills. Fucking pigs.

saywutrly
03-14-2018, 11:31 AM
That's the disgusting truth, Born. Everyone screams for regulations, but the regulations are seldom set in place to protect the backside of the small fry. They are in place to protect the pockets of the big guys.

Primodaddy
03-14-2018, 02:58 PM
And to think the dude who was running MISSION, one of the largest UGL's in Canada got a slap on the wrist compared to this fella and MISSION dude was caught with BAD HARD STUFF as well! USA just loves to let people rot in jail unfortunately.

Taintted
03-23-2018, 04:04 PM
I hate to say it but I think having that many people under him made this far worse than it could have been. Once he went down they all sung like canaries to save their own skin.

BornFat
03-24-2018, 05:07 AM
they aint paying anymmore in the u.s? who would have though

Chupster
03-24-2018, 05:11 AM
Long story made short I did some time for dui with twin brothers who got indicted for the same thing they had accounts all over the world got caught with 500 k in cash and had a few controlled buys on them they were sentenced to 2-4 years in county which is nothing compared to this guy. And they were charged with CCE or kingpin charge.

Primodaddy
03-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Long story made short I did some time for dui with twin brothers who got indicted for the same thing they had accounts all over the world got caught with 500 k in cash and had a few controlled buys on them they were sentenced to 2-4 years in county which is nothing compared to this guy. And they were charged with CCE or kingpin charge.

You in Canada or USA bro?

halfApint
03-24-2018, 03:46 PM

There's the media, what the defendant says, and the truth.

Depends on the state. Catch a kingpin charge where I am from and kiss everything goodbye. Most people would hang it up!

saywutrly
03-24-2018, 04:36 PM
You in Canada or USA bro?

Total conjecture, but I'm going to guess Cook County USA or a similar area just due to the phrase '2-4 years in county'. If you get over a year where I am in the USA, you're on your way to the state joint.

halfApint
03-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Total conjecture, but I'm going to guess Cook County USA or a similar area just due to the phrase '2-4 years in county'. If you get over a year where I am in the USA, you're on your way to the state joint.

Same

MoreGains90
08-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Damn thats crazy time

Gatsby
08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
There had to be more to it than steroids. The actual a charge for steroids is not that severe. It a class 3 controlled substance. If you are caught with guns they will add time. 5 years per gun count. I think that's what happened. Just a guess

Deadliftabc
09-06-2018, 12:06 AM
Problem is everyone wants to get rich overnight. If you make juice and have 1 or 2 friends you "help out" every once in a while, you could cover your grocery money and your chances of getting pinched would be a whole lot lower. I rather pay my bills, blend in, and stay safe.

WILDGAME
09-06-2018, 02:47 PM
Wonder what went wrong? Did someone get pinched on the street and ratted him out ? Was in the USPS ?ect... Had a few on the payroll. Had a desent run looks like. What like 5 yrs ? Maybe someone got comfortable and forgot to do their i's and cross their t's . Loos lips sink ship'sInvolved kids... College students. One of them for caught or ran their mouth. No doubt...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Oldskool
09-07-2018, 08:44 PM
Amen. Shit I've already got a good job. I aint sellin nobody gear.

Just not worth it.

Tbh If I was to every decide to sell gear I'd probably lose all my hair and have a heart attack within a yr from all the constant worry l9l

Problem is everyone wants to get rich overnight. If you make juice and have 1 or 2 friends you "help out" every once in a while, you could cover your grocery money and your chances of getting pinched would be a whole lot lower. I rather pay my bills, blend in, and stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DVD
09-07-2018, 09:59 PM
I'd due 7 years for 3 mil, no prob

WILDGAME
09-07-2018, 11:35 PM
Involved kids... College students. One of them for caught or ran their mouth. No doubt...

Sent from my SM-G892A using TapatalkMore than likely making sales from place of operation or people close were selling out of hand instead of staying incognito thru the internet where there's no face to put with it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

born
09-08-2018, 12:42 AM
Amen. Shit I've already got a good job. I aint sellin nobody gear.

Just not worth it.

Tbh If I was to every decide to sell gear I'd probably lose all my hair and have a heart attack within a yr from all the constant worry l9l

I won't do it ever but sometimes I want to for the stress of it.
I need the adrenaline to feel human. My other methods are probably less healthy.

bigjo
09-23-2018, 02:23 AM
makes you think twice

JJ14
09-23-2018, 02:58 AM
There had to be more to it than steroids. The actual a charge for steroids is not that severe. It a class 3 controlled substance. If you are caught with guns they will add time. 5 years per gun count. I think that's what happened. Just a guessIt's the feds they go by levels so say you have a bad criminal history already before they picked you up like let's say 5 felon convictions your fucked from the gate and prob will be level 3 and mandatory minimum is say 120 months and you gotta do 85% of that. This is when your history comes to bite you in the ass. The criminal system is fucked up. The US has more people incarnated then anywhere else in the world. So what I'm saying is he prob had a criminal history before feds picked him up and if not there is more to the story and got caught with other stuff.

Chrisdieselvegan
09-23-2018, 03:19 AM
Indeed.
I knew a good man who was a bank president that signed mortgage requisisition forms from the FDIC and marked the mortgages paid, to postpone foreclosure.

FDIC was notified by a no good pos that they weren't calling on past due mortgages so 40 guards swarmed the bank and froze all accounts. When they found the deficit they charged him with imbezzlement.

Only one problem... The guy lived in a trailer house and had stolen no money. So they charged him with three counts of signing false statements and sentenced him to 7.5 years in fedpen. They turned a few thousand dollars of late payment into 2.5 million dollars of fraud.

He is out now. Only served about 5 years. Ruined him though and he is a good man. I was there the day he was to report to prison with his family weeping. The fucking prosecutor was comparing him to goldman sachs to the grand jury... All because he was trying to help people that couldn't afford their bills. Fucking pigs.

Our government is fucking disgusting... I will forever hate how the world works.

Fucking politicians all pocket money and fly private planes all across the world and buy big ass houses on our tax dollars
But people trying to make a living on stuff that honestly kills very little people across the world get fucking 5-10 years ?
It’s just another way of getting a hard on for having control and being an Uber fuck.
I’m sorry to hear about your friend. It’s always good people that suffer because asshole and bad people have to be all
Butt hurt.