PDA

View Full Version : Letrozole, the new anti-estrogenic T booster

STEROID
12-23-2011, 02:16 AM
Letrozole, the new anti-estrogenic T booster

Men who take 2.5 mg letrozole daily will notice that their testosterone levels double and the concentration of estradiol in their blood decreases by 45 percent. Urologists at the University of Mersin in Turkey write about this soon in Fertility & Sterility.

Letrozole [structural formula shown here] is the active ingredient in Novartis’ Femara. Letrozole inhibits the enzyme aromatase [structural formula also shown here], which converts testosterone analogues into estradiol.

In men with relatively high amounts of estradiol and low amounts of testosterone in their blood, the testes theoretically work less hard. So the researchers did an experiment with 27 infertile men. The subjects were given a pill every day for six months that contained 2.5 mg letrozole. More than half of the subjects produced virtually no sperm cells.

The table below shows that the treatment increased the subjects’ testosterone level and lowered their estradiol level. Both quantity and quality of sperm cells increased.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6293/57438141.gif (http://bodybuilderselite.com/bbelite/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fimg690.imageshack.us%2Fimg6 90%2F6293%2F57438141.gif)

No serious side effects were observed either. A few men developed mild headaches, but these were not serious enough for them to withdraw from the trial.

In a Dutch study with overweight men, the subjects’ testosterone level quadrupled when they took a weekly pill containing 2.5 mg letrozole. In a Canadian case study, a daily 2.5 mg dose doubled the subjects’ testosterone levels. [Fertil Steril. 2009 Aug;92(2):829.e1-2.]

Although all the studies mentioned here used men who had some kind of problem, we at Ergo-log, unhindered by scientific insight, dare to make the following pronouncement: athletes who want to increase their testosterone production are better off taking letrozole once every 5-7 days rather than daily.

Source:
Fertil Steril. 2010 Oct 8. [Epub ahead of print].

ramman
01-05-2012, 05:04 AM
hmmm. This is interesting. But I've always read that 2.5mg a week was kind the recognized "max" for taking care of estrogen issues...unless gyno is present?

I've got some Letro in my collection of treats. But after reading some of the posts on the boards about how quick it works and how it can bottom your E level so quick...I've stayed with A-dex. This article makes me wonder...

Mountain Monster
01-05-2012, 06:21 PM
hmmm. This is interesting. But I've always read that 2.5mg a week was kind the recognized "max" for taking care of estrogen issues...unless gyno is present?

I've got some Letro in my collection of treats. But after reading some of the posts on the boards about how quick it works and how it can bottom your E level so quick...I've stayed with A-dex. This article makes me wonder...
I to was under the sane impression. Very interesting article

Rmewrench
01-07-2012, 03:18 PM
I to was under the sane impression. Very interesting article

X3. I understood letro as last resort effort to reverse gyno, and that rebound was a mfer from it.......

telmon1
01-07-2012, 05:21 PM
X3. I understood letro as last resort effort to reverse gyno
That's all I've ever used it for. Letro is some potent shit...my sex drive goes to hell whenever I have to use it.

JTizzle
01-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Great to see new info (to me at least) in writing .. Great info and post like always FIST

goodfella
01-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Shit fucking kills your whole body! Makes everyday a struggle! only if needed at low dose!