PDA

View Full Version : Overeem Doesn’t Have Time to Talk About No Stinkin’ Steroid Allegations

STEROID
12-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Overeem Doesn’t Have Time to Talk About No Stinkin’ Steroid Allegations

During today’s UFC 141 conference call, Alistair Overeem was asked to address the steroid allegations that have plagued him for most of his career and have intensified since his latest incident with NSAC, in which the former Strikeforce heavyweight champion failed to submit to a pre-fight drug testing when requested by the Nevada commission. His answer to the question was basically the same reason why he turned in his urine and blood samples more than two weeks late for his upcoming December 30 bout with Brock Lesnar: he’s simply too busy to deal with them.

“Everybody has a right to ask whatever they want and I have a right to respond or to ignore. The thing is, I’m very busy with my career — it’s not only just training, it’s a lot of other stuff on top of it, which is assembling the team, PR, doing all these interviews — so I’m very occupied with that,” Overeem explained matter-of-factly. “I simply don’t have the time to get into all these allegations. Usually they’re done over [the] Internet, [by] people I don’t even know and have never even met.”

Lesnar is sympathetic to Alistair’s plight.

“I’ve been dealing with the same accusations my whole life. Being part of the spotlight and being I guess with the Internet and everything these days – and being social media and everybody knows everything – it’s part of the lifestyle,” Lesnar explained. “It comes with the territory. I’ve been used to it for many years now.”