PDA

View Full Version : HOW Long are your Workouts?

Mhuddleston
10-11-2017, 03:24 AM
Has anyone found that a specifac amount of Workout Time works Best? What is too much? I have been warned about overtraining as it can hault my gains.
Of course at the same time you want to push your body as far as possible, as much as you can without over training.

I understand this varies IF you are doing CArdio Or HIT. But lets say we are working at a normal/medium/Average Pace Weighlifting?

Thoughts?

lokthai
10-11-2017, 03:33 AM
Has anyone found that a specifac amount of Workout Time works Best? What is too much? I have been warned about overtraining as it can hault my gains.

I understand this varies IF you are doing CArdio Or HIT. But lets say we are working at a normal/medium/Average Pace Weighlifting?

Thoughts?Im dvr'd the old blade runner (gonna see new one tomorrow) so these fucking commercials got me johnny on the spot for these post... plus i can't turn notification off or it just wont stf off.

I do high volume short break workouts.
So lets say on squat machine (fckd shoulder up in fight when it healed range of motion prohibits right side from holding squat bar.)
So warm up. Then working sets facing (20 reps wide stance; 20 reps close facing; then back against machine 20 reps. Then calf machine (active rest) then one min break. Next round same routine adding plate each time till 6 a side.
The kick back, leg curls back to back no break (active rest standing calves) 5 sets thrn leg extensions.
I basically squeeze and hr n 45 minutes into an hr and get the fuck out.
I get very good results as vascularity and hypertrophy

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Weapon X
10-11-2017, 03:55 AM
Excluding cardio, my workouts average about 1 hour - give or take a little bit of time.

Hatebreed
10-11-2017, 04:24 AM
45 min to 1 hr 15min. Depends on the body part.

Mhuddleston
10-11-2017, 05:53 AM
Great Great STUFF Guys! Similar To what Im doing. It used to be as Simple as Me Pullin' Up at the Gym And PUSHING The GO BUTTON. I was Like a MACHINE.
NOW, Iam Getting back into routine.

How Many Days a Week or Hours Do you Guys Run? and Do you Add IF Running AAS?

lokthai
10-11-2017, 06:05 AM
Great Great STUFF Guys! That Is Similaiar To what Im doing. It used to be as Simple as Me Pullin Up at the Gym And PUSHING The GO BUTTON.
Getting back into routine Now.

How Many Days a Week Do you Guys Run? and Do you add a day If Running AAS?I go 4-5 days and everything is judged by how i feel and i train alone.
I seldom get injured because i listen to my body and don't do what doesn't feel right.
If chest is feeling non couped its back or leg day.
Heavy day / light day = same shit. How i feel.
I found out years ago half the people (if not more) secretly want you to fail or get injured. They wanna push you to do shit you shouldn't when it fits their agenda.
Im captain of this fckin ship and i know what i need and will do my own thing and fuck what ANYONE thinks i should do.

I mentioned my huge sets of add on/tear offs: i heard so many times and saw the haters watching shaking their heads "you're over training."
'Yea? Motherfucker do i look overtrained?!?"
Ive been in this game for 3.5 decades seriously and don't subscribe to anyone's theories but my own. I'll ask opinions on issues and blend everything up in my mind and reach my own conclusion at my own speed...and stuff. Lol! GODDAMN i ramble.
I need to gtfo here and sleep. :-)

G160
10-11-2017, 06:22 AM
Of course at the same time you want to push your body as far as possible, as much as you can without over training.

Thoughts?Good thread, i workout min 1hr to 1.75 hrs i havent done cardio at all and its showimg

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Sqwuidd
10-11-2017, 11:19 AM
No more than 1 hour no less than 40 minutes - I hate cardio but on cardio days it’s a little longer like 75 minutes maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinsfan
10-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Since I workout with my wife it usually last 1.5-2hrs including 20-30 min of cardio. 4-5 days/week.

Bg75
10-11-2017, 11:34 AM
Well it all depends on how my workouts are looking for that day. And if I'm cruising or blasting. If I feel good and I'm blasting and I'm doing let's say back and bi's with cardio. I can be in there for about two hours. Now if I'm cruising then I don't combine my body parts. Spread them out during the week. No longer then 45 min to an hour. When I cruise I tend to do a low trt dose that I'm prescribe. Just keeps my levels baseline. But I don't have the Energy or stamina like when I blast. So my workouts are short affective and to the point. When I blast there no overtraining for me. I just eat like a bull and make sure I get enough rest.

Bg75
10-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Good thread, i workout min 1hr to 1.75 hrs i havent done cardio at all and its showimg

Do your cardio!!! Very important!! Be surprise how cardio can really keep you healthy. Especially if your using any performance enhancers. Also makes no sense to look like a beast and your dying after walking up 5 flights of steps.

getbig68
10-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Stairs every morning for 30 min even when bulking ! Keep that heart healthy!

joko123
10-11-2017, 11:59 AM
They're typically a little longer when I'm trying to grow , i.e. More rest time, but usually around 1 15. If I'm doing Quads and Hammis it takes close to two hrs

G160
10-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Do your cardio!!! Very important!! Be surprise how cardio can really keep you healthy. Especially if your using any performance enhancers. Also makes no sense to look like a beast and your dying after walking up 5 flights of steps.Man its been hectic, i work construction but i run out of breath from the tren, also i have vascular issue my veins too thin and i think could be lack of cardio

Fancycat69
10-11-2017, 03:10 PM
1 hr for smaller body parts like shoulders or arms. 1.5 hours for back and legs

Cardio length depends on my goals

Mhuddleston
10-11-2017, 06:35 PM
So I notice EVERYBODY Is saying they do 1-2 Hours on Avg. of Weight training, I'm Not shocked that Nobody stepped outside the box to say they do longer than 2hours... I have actually heard of guys pushing workouts to 4hours... Now If that is true, I imagine they are working at a very SLOW pace with long periods of rest in between sets and likely including their cardio.

I typically do this:
AM: 15 min Sit-ups push Ups or Light Aerobics.
GYM: 1.50 Hours of Weight training. Machines & Free Weights. Included in this is about 15-20 minutes of Cardio Or Basketball.
PM: 15 min Sit-Ups Push Ups & Random Calisthetics @ Home to burn and put to good use any Extra unused Calories/Fat.

Generally I do the above 4-days a week. If Im On Cycle & Recovering Fast I usually add a day.
I Loved the Comments by LokThai about Injury and Listenting to your BODY! I think that IS a KEY.
Also G160 mentioning their type of Work If your A Mover lifting all day VS. someone sitting behind a desk all Day is something to Consider as Well!!

EXCELLENT Input Brothers!! :breakfastcook111:

Bg75
10-11-2017, 06:44 PM
So I notice EVERYBODY Is saying they do 1-2 Hours on Avg. of Weight training, I'm Not shocked that Nobody stepped outside the box to say they do longer than 2hours... I have actually heard of guys pushing workouts to 4hours... Now If that is true, I imagine they are working at a very SLOW pace with long periods of rest in between sets and likely including their cardio.

I typically do this:
AM: 15 min Sit-ups push Ups or Light Aerobics.
GYM: 1.50 Hours of Weight training. Machines & Free Weights. Included in this is about 15-20 minutes of Cardio Or Basketball.
PM: 15 min Sit-Ups Push Ups & Random Calisthetics @ Home to burn and put to good use any Extra unused Calories/Fat.

Generally I do the above 4-days a week. If Im On Cycle & Recovering Fast I usually add a day.
I Loved the Comments about Injury and Listenting to your BODY! I think that IS a KEY.
Also someone mentioning their type of Work If your A Mover lifting all day VS. someone sitting behind a desk all Day is something to Consider as Well!!

EXCELLENT Input Brothers!!
If you hear guys saying there in the gym like 4 hours I bet their doing more talking then weight training. If was me in the gym that long it was because I finished my workout. Heated my food in the microwave in the gym. Sat at the gym bar and bullshitted with fellas and had my protein shake. Other then that your wasting time.

Bg75
10-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Man its been hectic, i work construction but i run out of breath from the tren, also i have vascular issue my veins too thin and i think could be lack of cardio

I hear ya big bro. I have a manual labor job as well. So I know it can be ruff!! Hate tren!!! Side effects dont agree with me when I get on it. But again! If you can squeeze cardio when every you can. I tell that to all my gym brothers. It really helps a lot.

lokthai
10-11-2017, 08:41 PM
I used to train differently. For a little over a year ny former wife & i decided it was best for me to stay and parents the toddler ans infant while she got her career launched (yeah that never works out irl like paper).

I had a full gym in my basement: full rack of dumbells from 20-125lbs; Olympic weights 700lbs; cable's, calf, leg extensions; etc.., wrap around mirrors- really nice.
Anyhow i was doing my usual dosage: 150 test en/wk; 75mg tren en/week and 200mg/ mast en.
I did 2 x 40 minute workouts/day and one 25-30. So 3 workouts a day plus i was always running up and down thw stairs with my kids cooking cleaning laundry...it was a big house so literally i was doing 3 flights of stairs 100s of times a day.
I was 200lbs very lean. It worked for me and kept my metabolism really high like that.
Ill try to post a pic if it let's me. Im about 205 now and slightly higher bdyfat % but im pretty happy w this carcass.

Locked up was all day workouts and sleep in between with thousands of push pulls ups body squats situps etc.., jacked then completely clean! And same weight but was in my mid 40s then.

Mhuddleston
10-11-2017, 11:32 PM
I used to train differently. For a little over a year ny former wife & i decided it was best for me to stay and parents the toddler ans infant while she got her career launched (yeah that never works out irl like paper).

I had a full gym in my basement: full rack of dumbells from 20-125lbs; Olympic weights 700lbs; cable's, calf, leg extensions; etc.., wrap around mirrors- really nice.
Anyhow i was doing my usual dosage: 150 test en/wk; 75mg tren en/week and 200mg/ mast en.
I did 2 x 40 minute workouts/day and one 25-30. So 3 workouts a day plus i was always running up and down thw stairs with my kids cooking cleaning laundry...it was a big house so literally i was doing 3 flights of stairs 100s of times a day.
I was 200lbs very lean. It worked for me and kept my metabolism really high like that.
Ill try to post a pic if it let's me. Im about 205 now and slightly higher bdyfat % but im pretty happy w this carcass.

Locked up was all day workouts and sleep in between with thousands of push pulls ups body squats situps etc.., jacked then completely clean! And same weight but was in my mid 40s then.

Yes, Please Post A Picture of What you Looked Like Keeping that routine with the 3 workouts a day. I was very similar in Weight, workout, and Even my cycle as you described. IT worked out well For me, All Though I didnt gain much mass as I said I was about 200lbs as you say you also Were. I did on the other hand Feel Very Fit and In shape at that time. By No means was I Big or Near Competition or any kind of Bodybuilder, But I Felt Great @ 200-210 lbs on about 5000 Calories. I hadnt a 6pack either. But I was happy, being my First or 2nd Cycle.

Reliable_DNP
10-11-2017, 11:36 PM

Thoughts?

45min eod

lokthai
10-12-2017, 06:19 AM
Yes, Please Post A Picture of What you Looked Like Keeping that routine with the 3 workouts a day. I was very similar in Weight, workout, and Even my cycle as you described. IT worked out well For me, All Though I didnt gain much mass as I said I was about 200lbs as you say you also Were. I did on the other hand Feel Very Fit and In shape at that time. By No means was I Big or Near Competition or any kind of Bodybuilder, But I Felt Great @ 200-210 lbs on about 5000 Calories. I hadnt a 6pack either. But I was happy, being my First or 2nd Cycle.I tried to pm them to u but you box is like a dirty whore: full! Youve gotta erase some shit.

Whit1975
10-12-2017, 09:45 AM
I warm up with 20 minutes of cardio, followed by an hr-hr 15 minutes of weights and finish with 20-30 minutes of cardio.

THEPROGRAM
10-15-2017, 05:15 PM

Thoughts?

This is how I've trained for the past few years. And, I won't change it until it stops working:

Monday thru Friday, I hit the gym in the late afternoon. It starts with 1hr on the treadmill @ an average speed of 3.0-3.2 (nothing taxing) and I keep the treadmill inclined between 8 & max for the duration. That ensures that I will burn anywhere between 600-800 calories before I even lift. This is important, because my appetite is goddamn ridiculous! Plus, I love the endorphin rush and physical benefits I get from cardio. Then, I'll lift between 45-60 minutes with (minimal) breaks between sets. I'll never train a body part that feels sore. And, I always strive to super set all of my lifts, with the max weight usable to make that happen. The weekends are 100% off limits for training- It's nice to string 2 back to back days for recovery. And, it allows me to be more outgoing and do what everyone else is doing. On the weekends I'll eat whatever I want, rip a few beers ( like maybe a 12 pack the whole weekend) and I'll partake in lots of outings with friends. This method of training has definitely improved my quality of life both physically and socially.

lokthai
10-15-2017, 05:40 PM
This is how I've trained for the past few years. And, I won't change it until it stops working:

Monday thru Friday, I hit the gym in the late afternoon. It starts with 1hr on the treadmill @ an average speed of 3.0-3.2 (nothing taxing) and I keep the treadmill inclined between 8 & max for the duration. That ensures that I will burn anywhere between 600-800 calories before I even lift. This is important, because my appetite is goddamn ridiculous! Plus, I love the endorphin rush and physical benefits I get from cardio. Then, I'll lift between 45-60 minutes with (minimal) breaks between sets. I'll never train a body part that feels sore. And, I always strive to super set all of my lifts, with the max weight usable to make that happen. The weekends are 100% off limits for training- It's nice to string 2 back to back days for recovery. And, it allows me to be more outgoing and do what everyone else is doing. On the weekends I'll eat whatever I want, rip a few beers ( like maybe a 12 pack the whole weekend) and I'll partake in lots of outings with friends. This method of training has definitely improved my quality of life both physically and socially.Goddamn that hr on the treadmill thing would be a deal breaker for me. The treadmill is the most boring nothing feeling thing on earth.
I don't count my ab routine as part of my workout (preworkout) and it usually never exceeds 30 minutes. Mostly 20 minutes of non stop no rest in between weighted ab variations. Its actually cardio w weights.
If you're not shredded with unreal stamina, then i wouldnt say it works for you for that much time.
I'm sure you've seen the treadmill oeople who spend that kind of time who look the same year after year- most gradually losing muscle while body fat% increase a little more each year?
Ive seen guys who have carried a lot of muscle get the treadmill addiction thing and they don't even realize how they slipped.
Pics?
Heres mine 5'10" 200lbs no fucking treadmill. Lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171015/386d9231ecbf5e1dc46a9efdf214e393.jpg

THEPROGRAM
10-15-2017, 06:05 PM
Goddamn that hr on the treadmill thing would be a deal breaker for me. The treadmill is the most boring nothing feeling thing on earth.
I don't count my ab routine as part of my workout (preworkout) and it usually never exceeds 30 minutes. Mostly 20 minutes of non stop no rest in between weighted ab variations. Its actually cardio w weights.
If you're not shredded with unreal stamina, then i wouldnt say it works for you for that much time.
I'm sure you've seen the treadmill oeople who spend that kind of time who look the same year after year- most gradually losing muscle while body fat% increase a little more each year?
Ive seen guys who have carried a lot of muscle get the treadmill addiction thing and they don't even realize how they slipped.
Pics?
Heres mine 5'10" 200lbs no fucking treadmill. Lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171015/386d9231ecbf5e1dc46a9efdf214e393.jpg

Well man, you obviously hate the treadmill and find it boring. Which is totally cool. But, I don't find it boring at all. When I'm lifting, I put all of my concentration into my form and intensity. But, when I'm on the treadmill it's my time to zone out, listen to tunes and get my head right. It's basically, my therapy for the day. I don't use the treadmill to purposely improve any aspect of my workout routine- Although it does. I'm 43 years old and I don't compete. And, at this point in my life, I'm not trying to impress anyone here or at the gym. Nor, make posts shooting them down. I live with PTSD, depression and ADHD. A fun trifecta to be sure. And, murdering myself everyday with cardio can control damn near 100% of those issues.

lokthai
10-15-2017, 07:17 PM
Well man, you obviously hate the treadmill and find it boring. Which is totally cool. But, I don't find it boring at all. When I'm lifting, I put all of my concentration into my form and intensity. But, when I'm on the treadmill it's my time to zone out, listen to tunes and get my head right. It's basically, my therapy for the day. I don't use the treadmill to purposely improve any aspect of my workout routine- Although it does. I'm 43 years old and I don't compete. And, at this point in my life, I'm not trying to impress anyone here or at the gym. Nor, make posts shooting them down. I live with PTSD, depression and ADHD. A fun trifecta to be sure. And, murdering myself everyday with cardio can control damn near 100% of those issues.Lol I'm not cutting you down i just really hate the fucking treadmill and I've had people tell me i should be doing it. Im in my 50's so its all good old man! :-)