PDA

View Full Version : Beer belly?

Mountain Monster
12-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Say Goodbye To Your Beer Belly Fat For Good!If you're like many people in America and all over the world, you may be a big fan of beer. Depending on how much you drink, you may have noticed that your stomach is slowly growing and you're gaining some beer belly fat. If this is you, there's some things you can do to lose it, but first you need to know why beer is so commonly linked to getting belly fat.

You may already know the following facts:

1. Beer contains a lot of calories, usually over 100 per 12 oz. can depending on what kind you drink. And when you drink more than one, the calories can add up really quick. And when you take in more calories than your body burns, you gain fat.

2. Beer also contains alcohol, which I'm sure you already knew. But alchohol is a depressant. When you consume beer, the alcohol will get into your system and slow down your metabolism. This will results in your body burning less calories on a daily basis. And coupled with the amount of calories in beer, there's a good chance that this is one cause of your beer belly fat.

Ever Heard Of Estrogenic Compounds?

Since you aren't learning anything new by reading the two facts above, I'll give you something that you probably don't know. The hops in beer contains an estrogenic compound that will also promote fat gain. These compounds, while sounding more scary to guys, are bad for both men and women. They add estrogen to your body's chemistry and will create an imbalance in your hormones. This hormonal imbalance is another huge reason that you may have belly fat.

So how do you fix this problem?

One idea that you can throw around is to stop drinking beer altogether. However, this is not what I do. Personally, I like to drink fewer darker beers because they taste better, and dark beer has some antioxidants and other stuff that make it better for you than mass produced light beer. I would highly suggest that you cut your drinking back, especially if you drink a lot. Doing so will make it much easier to burn off that beer belly fat.

After you cut back, there is something you can do to fight the estrogenic compounds that you get from the few beers you drink too.

Fight Your Beer Belly Fat With The Right Foods

Thankfully, there's a lot of food out there that will work in our bodies to right any hormonal imbalances we might have going on and neutralize the estrogenic compounds we are getting from the beer we drink.

Here's the list:

onions
garlic
leafy greens
broccoli
cabbage
berries
citrus fruits
raw nuts & seeds

These foods will fight the excess estrogen you may have in your body and help you in your goal to get rid of that beer belly fat. One thing to keep in mind is that estrogenic compounds are not only found in beer, but other foods as well (soy is one of them). This is why it's important to make the above foods apart of your daily diet.

Mountain Monster
12-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Seen this article earlier and with new years coming up just wanted to share it.

animal87
12-29-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm doing something right anyway. I like dark beer, now just less beer more vegtables.

JTizzle
12-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks for sharing Mtn.. I try and suggest to people not to drink their calories. Or very few...

SteroidUser
12-30-2011, 02:33 AM
I dont drink much beer at all, maybe once every month or so, But i drink mixxed drinks. or shots.. I have a small belly, it isnt a beer belly, But damnit its the hardest thing to get rid of..

bdeljoose
12-30-2011, 07:28 PM
I had a good sized beer belly. I love beer. Been drinking JD instead.

AlteredBeast
12-30-2011, 10:13 PM
A lot of alcohol has more calories than beer does ounce for ounce. From most of the studies I've done, the higher the proof the more calories the alcohol will have. Take for example one shot of 80 proof Vodka, anywhere from 100-120 calories per 1.5oz! Not to mention the impact it has on your liver... I've had a couple heavy drinking friends of mine ask me for cycle advice and I tell them they need to quit drinking first and foremost. Take your pick, gear or booze, because your liver can't handle both for very long

JTizzle
12-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Great reply Altered... I am a bartender and I don't even drink one drop.. lol

ShortnWide
12-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Good read. I dont drink for obvious reasons but I'll pass it along to friends-Thanks.

animal87
12-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Sure alot of people are going to be reading this tom. :)

Mountain Monster
12-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Lol,I bet it crosses a few minds anyway.