PDA

View Full Version : Daily pushups

just1more
12-30-2011, 12:16 AM
For the last two weeks I have been doing 40-80 push ups daily along with my routine. This is my routine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Every dayexcept saturday I cycle a minumum of 2 miles and do forty pushups in sauna. Plus min 6 laps in the pool.
Sunday:Chest and legs
-Focusing on all three benches and freeweights.
-Quick calves pump

Monday: Armsand shoulders
-Focus on biceps

Tuesday:Chest and Cardio
-5 mile minumum cycle
Wednesday:Legs and Abs
-Focus on calves
-Quick abs pump
Thursday:Chest and Cardio
-5 mile minumum cycle
Friday: Absand arms
-Focus on abs top bottom and sides.
-Quick biceps pump
Saturday off:
---------------------------------------------------
Are the pushups going to help or hinder proper muscle growth. I have been told that you need to rest to build muscle yet I see people who come out of boot camp and look great! They do daily pushups and it seems to work well. Thanks in advance for any help.

STEROID
12-30-2011, 12:20 AM
Looks good brother.

just1more
12-30-2011, 12:27 AM
Fist what are you thoughts on daily pushups?

Dr X
12-30-2011, 12:49 AM
You will overtrain if you do not take time off. This is standard bodybuilding. If you overtrain you will just go backwards.

animal87
12-30-2011, 01:36 AM
You're already hitting chest and arms twice a week. It might be too much with weight training. Bootcamp is really all about conditioning work, they don't really lift weights.

paolo123
12-30-2011, 02:22 AM
what is your goal?

martin
01-18-2012, 05:50 PM
For 5 yrs everyday when i was in the joint i did 500 push ups every morning and go lift in the afternoon and i still got stronger and was ripped up,so for me it didnt hurt my progress bro.

Reaper
01-18-2012, 06:33 PM
5 years in prison! Thats not good! Hope you changed your life and became a better person.

martin
01-18-2012, 09:02 PM
5 years in prison! Thats not good! Hope you changed your life and became a better person. Yes Sir i have been out for 9 yrs now and i am flying staight,havent even gotten a speeding ticket lol. I did that time back when i was a hard head but the best thing about that time away was getting to lift weights three times a day.