PDA

View Full Version : Need input: Who does a keto diet or high fat medium protein low carb diet

Bullcrew
11-27-2017, 09:51 PM
Wife is doing this diet per a coach to lose a little belly fat she wants to keep muscle but drop the fat...

It's 65% fat 20% protein and 15% carbs.....

She will probably get results off it, I'm a bit irritated I took alot of time designing her a diet based on countless woman's health sites, how and what to do to get excess belly fat off due too hormonal change with pregnancy etc......took me a while to design her one and took her 1 minute to jump ship and try this fitness challenge....

So aside of being pissed off she wants me to try it with her...I'm 218 now and 7% or so body fat I burn 4k calories a day before Weigjt lifting....I understand fat is 9 caloriees to 1 gram ......

I do hiit training 6+ times a week run 25 to 40 miles a week mostly trail, hills and stairs, I lift 4 to 5 times a week for what I'd consider heavy (100 dumbbell presses incline, 80lb overhead dumbbell presses, max bench of 340 [trying like hell to get to 400])

I run a 6 min mile, average 7:30 on 10mile plus runs and sprint.....

Does anyone think this kind of diet would be beneficial to me....

I'm usually 60% protein and then juggle fat and carbs weekly...I like where I'm at I need to increase to 4 to 5k a day calories....bit would I've to make dinners and planning easier to do for both of us....I have a shop so I have a hectic schedule but that's part of her and I time...

Dual diets is a pain in the ass as well.....I like to eat together make the food and enjoy....I packed her lunches for work and she gets home at 8pm so I have dinner ready to eat and see how her day went...

ALSO SORRY FOR BEING A WHINY BUTTHOLE.....lol

Just figured honesty and reasons I asked this would be better than me trying a fad diet wearing leg warmers and a Jane Fonda body suit....

joko123
11-27-2017, 10:24 PM
Long story short no lol I don't think it would benefit you and if sill hinder your performance. Carbs are energy and ketones are not the most optimal fuel source for performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullcrew
11-27-2017, 10:47 PM
Shit...lol....Was hoping it would be semi beneficial to justify.....but speed and power are more important to me....

Bullcrew
11-27-2017, 10:49 PM
How about If I went higher fats and protein mid to low carbs to kind of make meals similiar...before a workout and after for fuel and of course before a event....

joko123
11-27-2017, 11:34 PM
How about If I went higher fats and protein mid to low carbs to kind of make meals similiar...before a workout and after for fuel and of course before a event....

I would just put the majority of your carbs before and after your workout or your event.

Bullcrew
11-28-2017, 12:25 AM
I'll shift them around so that they don't interfere with dinner time or breakfast with her that way I can have a close enough prep to her...that's a plan man....

EV1X
11-28-2017, 12:35 AM
Gotta agree with Joko here.. Youre way too active for that much muscle mass for Keto.
Ive been on the old school "Anabolic Diet" (The original Cyclical Keto Diet) by Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale from 20 years ago for about 3 months now.
Diet is Monday to Friday I do full Keto, Saturday/Sunday I Carb Load, it makes it easy to stay lean, so for me it works because I hate Cardio. When Im nice and lean trying to gain mass I eat at 500 surplus, once I gain a little too much fat, I eat 500 deficit. Very easy to clean bulk on it. Also, easy to hit high calories since Fats are 9 cals per gram.
So I think this diet is awesome for anyone to stay lean while bulking or to shred down without losing muscle. The exception is anyone that has to rely on such high athletic performance like yourself. You need high carbs daily and at 218 ripped you can get away with it since you are killing it in performance.
I think your wifey would like the Anabolic Diet. The theory is Monday to Friday on Keto your body will secrete extra HGH due to starvation of carbs (and if off gear create additional testosterone/estrogen from the excess saturated fat cholesterol); Saturday/Sunday the carb up will refill glycogen in muscle, prevent muscle breakdown, boost metabolism & prevent metabolic shutdown (if in caloric deficit).

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Bullcrew
11-28-2017, 12:46 AM
Gotta agree with Joko here.. Youre way too active for that much muscle mass for Keto.
Ive been on the old school "Anabolic Diet" (The original Cyclical Keto Diet) by Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale from 20 years ago for about 3 months now.
Diet is Monday to Friday I do full Keto, Saturday/Sunday I Carb Load, it makes it easy to stay lean, so for me it works because I hate Cardio. When Im nice and lean trying to gain mass I eat at 500 surplus, once I gain a little too much fat, I eat 500 deficit. Very easy to clean bulk on it. Also, easy to hit high calories since Fats are 9 cals per gram.
So I think this diet is awesome for anyone to stay lean while bulking or to shred down without losing muscle. The exception is anyone that has to rely on such high athletic performance like yourself. You need high carbs daily and at 218 ripped you can get away with it since you are killing it in performance.
I think your wifey would like the Anabolic Diet. The theory is Monday to Friday on Keto your body will secrete extra HGH due to starvation of carbs (and if off gear create additional testosterone/estrogen from the excess saturated fat cholesterol); Saturday/Sunday the carb up will refill glycogen in muscle, prevent muscle breakdown, boost metabolism & prevent metabolic shutdown (if in caloric deficit).

I will pitch her on this, I'll give her a couple weeks to do her thing then bring this up....

Her's the kicker they say with her diet no real need to count calories your only interested in macros....my brain says "bullshit" your body will store excess in the form.of storage or fat even keto if given enough calories....I did warn her to watch this....

Now mind you the coach and 1 ultra runner are faster than me but power, speed, build, bf etc I'm the only guy at my hiit training that looks and weighs what I do and has speed and endurance....

But she is going to take their word for it, which shit take me back 14 years and I'd have handed the coach his ass at this stuff..

Thats another reason it pissed me off.....I don't want her diet to fail I'd love to see her get what she wants....I just wanted to parralllel it to make it easier.....but she can rely on what I already built for her when she's ready...

They also try and sell this Shaklee stuff...lol tried to tell me it's why he podiums alot, had to remind him I've podiums every time and in overall as well as masters and strength....but with ON protein powder and guys half my age and someti.es twice my size....

EV1X
11-28-2017, 12:56 AM
I will pitch her on this, I'll give her a couple weeks to do her thing then bring this up....

Her as the kicker they say with her diet no real need to count calories your only interested in macros....my brain says "bullshit" your body will store excess in the form.of storage or fat even keto if given enough calories....I did warn her to watch this....

Now mind you the coach and 1 ultra runner are faster than me but power, speed, build, bf etc I'm the only guy at my hiit training that looks and weighs what I do and has speed and endurance....

But she is going to take their word for it, which shit take me back 14 years and I'd have handed the coach his ass at this stuff..

That another reason it pissed me off.....I don't want her diet to fail I'd love to see her get what she wants....I just wanted to parralllel it to make it easier.....but she can rely on what I already built for her when she's ready...

They also try and sell this Shaklee stuff...lol tried to tell me it's why he podiums alot, had to remind him I've podiums every time and in overall as well as masters and strength....but with ON protein powder....Well i can tell you, on keto, if i eat 500 surplus I will put muscle on and stay fairly lean, at 1000 surplus i start gaining a little too much fat for my taste.
At 500 deficit, i shred down fast without much if any muscle loss. At 1000 deficit I will loose some muscle and shred real fucking fast.
So fuck that not counting calories, my experience says bullshit.
The thing is most people do not eat enough anyways so maybe thats why they say dont count calories, they think she wont eat at surplus, but hey some women can fucking eat like a mofo so i would be careful.
Last thing is, i added those "anabolic diet" carb load days because muscles look flat after 3rd week on the keto diet. Also, the body will slow metabolism big time on keto and fat loss will stall if on a large deficit for weeks on end.
Since I hate the deflated look, and also to avoid slower metabolism i like those carb days. If she looks athletic she should add those carb up days. If shes on the heavy side, wait to get her nice and lean before adding those carb days.
Good luck

MasterBlaster805
11-28-2017, 01:02 AM
Long story short no lol I don't think it would benefit you and if sill hinder your performance. Carbs are energy and ketones are not the most optimal fuel source for performance.

Amen to That!

Bullcrew
11-28-2017, 01:07 AM
Well i can tell you, on keto, if i eat 500 surplus I will put muscle on and stay fairly lean, at 1000 surplus i start gaining a little too much fat for my taste.
At 500 deficit, i shred down fast without much if any muscle loss. At 1000 deficit I will loose some muscle and shred real fucking fast.
The thing is most people do not eat enough anyways so maybe thats why they say dont count calories, they think she wont eat at surplus, but hey some women can fucking eat like a mofo so i would be careful.
Last thing is, i added those "anabolic diet" carb load days because muscles look flat after 3rd week on the keto diet. Also, the body will slow metabolism big time on keto and fat loss will stall if on a large deficit for weeks on end.
Since I hate the deflated look, and also to avoid slower metabolism i like those carb days. If she looks athletic she should add those carb up days. If shes on the heavy side, wait to get her nice and lean before adding those carb days.
Good luck

Lmao.....

That's what I thought....

She's really well built as far as hiit training and crossfit not a boney woman...it's just that little bit on stomach and that has been the issue since our last kid...her hormones changed and she has been fighting it since...

EV1X
11-28-2017, 01:16 AM
Lmao.....

That's what I thought....

She's really well built as far as hiit training and crossfit not a boney woman...it's just that little bit on stomach and that has been the issue since our last kid...her hormones changed and she has been fighting it since...Lol..
Yeah so throw her on keto and she should shred down. Omce she gets real lean into the stubborn fat ,have her take Yohimbine HCL. It helps release that stubborn fat so the keto diet will ensure she burns it for energy.
Once she starts complaining about flat muscles, pick 2 days and you can add a backload of carbs in her shake after crossfit weight lifiting to fill the muscle with glycogen ( maybe like 10 to 20 grams of dextrose only in tgat 1 meal).
Once she is really fucking shredded and grumpy from starvation (lol) make those 2 days full carb up days, not just that shake meal. Have her eat 60% carb/30% protein and 10% or less fat.

joko123
11-28-2017, 01:19 AM
Well i can tell you, on keto, if i eat 500 surplus I will put muscle on and stay fairly lean, at 1000 surplus i start gaining a little too much fat for my taste.
Good luck

You are 100% correct calories bs calories out, protein is the only micronutrient responsible for building and rebuilding tissue. But the op is an an endurance athlete going on 4 mile runs, bike rides etc much more then a physique athlete. He would have to take in around 700 to 800 calories form protein to get his calorie intake which is excessive a huge strain on his kidneys and just and inefficient May of getting fuel through gluconeogenesis

EV1X
11-28-2017, 01:24 AM
You are 100% correct calories bs calories out, protein is the only micronutrient responsible for building and rebuilding tissue. But the op is an an endurance athlete going on 4 mile runs, bike rides etc much more then a physique athlete. He would have to take in around 700 to 800 calories form protein to get his calorie intake which is excessive a huge strain on his kidneys and just and inefficient May of getting fuel through gluconeogenesis

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah im with you 100%. He needs carbs. This guy is an athletic monster.
I was responding to the comment the trainer told his wife of not counting calories. Even on keto, surplus i build muscle, deficit i burn fat. So that comment about not to worry about calories trying to cut, shhhhh, some women can fucking eat and at 9 cals per gram even on keto fat can be gained.

Montego
11-28-2017, 01:24 AM
It would work fine EVENTUALLY but, you would have a pretty rough start.

The body would need time to adapt to converting fats and protein to glucose at a better rate.

Like the other guys said, probably best to stick to carbs but, there are health benefits to eliminating carbs as well.

joko123
11-28-2017, 01:25 AM
It would work fine EVENTUALLY but, you would have a pretty rough start.

The body would need time to adapt to converting fats and protein to glucose at a better rate.

Like the other guys said, probably best to stick to carbs but, there are health benefits to eliminating carbs as well.

Going from a traditional diet to Keto is like gong through caffeine withdrawals lol it's brutal the first week or two

joko123
11-28-2017, 01:27 AM
Yeah im with you 100%. He needs carbs. This guy is an athletic monster.
I was responding to the comment the trainer told his wife of not counting calories. Even on keto, surplus i build muscle, deficit i burn fat. So that comment about not to worry about calories trying to cut, shhhhh, some women can fucking eat and at 9 cals per gram even on keto fat can be gained.

Haha I like when these threads come up very rare we get Diet/nutrition threads. I blow my load lol

Montego
11-28-2017, 01:27 AM
Yeah im with you 100%. He needs carbs. This guy is an athletic monster.

Sent from my SM-G928T using TapatalkI think the trainer said that because it really is hard to gain fat doing keto if you're satiated with vegetables as well.

If she followed that plan and every meal was in that breakdown of fats and protein, I doubt she would get fat no matter how many meals she would try to eat because, protein can be pretty filling/boring if it's 65% off the meal allowance.

She would get burnt out before anything unless her metabolism was crashed and her main was like 700kcal

Montego
11-28-2017, 01:29 AM
Going from a traditional diet to Keto is like gong through caffeine withdrawals lol it's brutal the first week or two

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah and much for the reasons you mention honestly. The body craves fuel sources that best benefit the goal of survival ie carbs and fats.

You don't hear about people being eating 6lbs if tilapia [emoji23]

Bullcrew
11-28-2017, 01:35 AM
Yeah she has alot slower metabolism than me for sure...
Yeah I don't need flu like symptoms and wondering....

I'll tweak my macros a little worst thing that can happen is I can go back to what I operate at....

Any suggestions let me know....

EV1X
11-28-2017, 01:36 AM
I think the trainer said that because it really is hard to gain fat doing keto if you're satiated with vegetables as well.

If she followed that plan and every meal was in that breakdown of fats and protein, I doubt she would get fat no matter how many meals she would try to eat because, protein can be pretty filling/boring if it's 65% off the meal allowance.

She would get burnt out before anything unless her metabolism was crashed and her main was like 700kcalFat is 65% on Keto not protein. I think thats what you meant but ill tell you what, at 65%f, 30%p, 5%c; i can hit high calories easy as fuck. Just breakfast ill hit 10 lil smokey sauages and 6 whole eggs and 2 tablespoons coconut oil im 1000 cals in without feeling full. Add a coffee with 2 tbsp butter with Trubia im at 1200 calories. Fats add those calories in fast as fuck on keto. Trust me, dont count calories you will get fat.

Montego
11-28-2017, 01:39 AM
Fat is 65% on Keto not protein. I think thats what you meant but ill tell you what, at 65%f, 30%p, 5%c; i can hit high calories easy as fuck. Just breakfast ill hit 10 lil smokey sauages and 6 whole eggs and 2 tablespoons coconut oil im 1000 cals in without feeling full. Add a coffee with 2 tbsp butter with Trubia im at 1200 calories. Fats add those calories in fast as fuck on keto. Trust me, dont count calories you will get fat.

I misread.

I thought it was 65p as in more of a Bb type keto.

EV1X
11-28-2017, 01:39 AM
They way to kill the so called "keto flu" is to load up on Salt, Magnesium and Potassium. The main problem is people forget without the carbs, your body does not hold much water and flushes out your electrolytes. Once you get those electrolytes the keto flu usually goes away, or like me, never really ever hits.

EV1X
11-28-2017, 01:40 AM
Yeah she has alot slower metabolism than me for sure...
Yeah I don't need flu like symptoms and wondering....

I'll tweak my macros a little worst thing that can happen is I can go back to what I operate at....

Any suggestions let me know....See comment below

Bullcrew
11-28-2017, 08:28 AM
Im going to just start my own diet....
Going to call it the "shits too hard to figure out diet" it will be if it sounds good to eat then eat it...if you get fat run more if you get skinny ea t more stuff....

No macros, no calorie counting....eat till you are full or puke, eat as much sugar as you can till you get all wired then the sugarketosis starts and you run on pure sugar.....you can power a small city at this point....3 hours later it benefits you as you crash you go deep into almost food coma so hgh kicks in.....

You will smell sweet from the sugar and your skin will glisten like a glazed donut radiating a oily like tan of awesomeness...

I was thinking about best power to weight ratio people and kids and sugar comes to mind....little shits run like a 500hp go kart.

Then they fall where they stand into a deep sleep....