PDA

View Full Version : BITCOIN

Sqwuidd
11-29-2017, 02:21 PM
So I had some money left in Coinbase and Blockchain (like 38 cents in CB and 16$ in BC )

It is now up to 5$ in CB and 25$ in BC! The value of BTC is elevating quickly - I am gonna out another like 50$ in there and just let it sit - free money!

I suggest that everyone gets some bitcoins and just let em sit there !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsnm
11-29-2017, 02:36 PM
So the price fluctuations work in coinbase and blockchain?

Sqwuidd
11-29-2017, 02:38 PM
I believe so - my BC funds have increased

jsnm
11-29-2017, 02:39 PM
Holy shit it’s up over 11k now?! Damn i wish I had money sitting in there

Sqwuidd
11-29-2017, 02:42 PM
I’m about to throw 50$ more in

jsnm
11-29-2017, 02:44 PM
Ooh I did have $9 in blockchain lol I’m going to buy some now,I’m going to spend it on gear regardless haha

Diesel1965
11-29-2017, 02:44 PM
So I had some money left in Coinbase and Blockchain (like 38 cents in CB and 16$ in BC )

It is now up to 5$ in CB and 25$ in BC! The value of BTC is elevating quickly - I am gonna out another like 50$ in there and just let it sit - free money!

There are reports we could see Bit Coin in the $40,000 range by mid of next yr. Play with as much as we can afford to loose.

Diesel1965
11-29-2017, 02:49 PM
I'm still working on getting the connection between coin base and blockchain. I've added my debt card as way to buy them quickly. I'll make small purchase from coinbase then shoot them to my block chain wallet then I'll be good to go. Paper and coins will fade a way as a method of purchasing goods and services in the future. Instead of Petro dollars it will be Petro bitcoins. We'll soon get payed in bitcoins from our employer's.

Sqwuidd
11-29-2017, 02:56 PM
I’m about to throw 50$ more in

Sqwuidd
11-29-2017, 03:12 PM
I'm still working on getting the connection between coin base and blockchain. I've added my debt card as way to buy them quickly. I'll make small purchase from coinbase then shoot them to my block chain wallet then I'll be good to go. Paper and coins will fade a way as a method of purchasing goods and services in the future. Instead of Petro dollars it will be Petro bitcoins. We'll soon get payed in bitcoins from our employer's.

You buy from CB then send to BC wallet - it’s pretty easy man- once you get things set up it become very simple - I posted pics and step by step on another thread here - think it was Lokthai that started it

Thor I Am
11-29-2017, 03:33 PM
That is a huge jump! I am going to have to re-read the other thread on this and become more familiar with it. Just trying to wrap my head around it. I better start now or I will be left in the dust, or "coin less".

stormwheather
11-29-2017, 03:54 PM
Coin increased this year from 700$ to 10000$ people with brain got rich, pity it wasnt me.... But hey, its still growing. People still invest

stormwheather
11-29-2017, 03:59 PM
Coin increased this year from 700$ to 10000$ people with brain got rich, pity it wasnt me.... But hey, its still growing. People still investForgot to add this - never store your coins online. Buy a Hardware wallet, costs around 100$ and trust me, their can easily got stolen from any coiny or blockchain wallet and nobody will help you. So buy it where ever you want but store ONLY in your hardware wallet.

Sqwuidd
11-29-2017, 04:03 PM
Hmm interesting - I just keep em in BC or CB

jsnm
11-29-2017, 04:19 PM
Got $500 sitting in there now see what happens

kubes
11-29-2017, 05:07 PM
I gonna go grab a few at lunch. I love having that ATM near by

Sqwuidd
11-29-2017, 05:12 PM
I get paid tomorrow gonna drop 100$ in there

Reliable_DNP
11-29-2017, 06:04 PM
Beware of coinbase. Numerous (https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=zPUeWszfIYmoa-yArPgM&q=cannot+withdraw+from+coinbase&oq=cannot+withdraw+from+coinbase&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3800.3800.0.4800.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0. ..1.1.64.psy-ab..1.0.0....0.x7TWzKEY4gQ) reports (http://bittrust.org/coinbase) of users unable to withdraw funds and getting no response from the company for months. (https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/6sgqku/cannot_withdraw_from_my_usd_wallet/)

Sqwuidd
11-29-2017, 06:05 PM
I plan on dropping into Coinbase and sending it to my Blockchain (it seems the coins also increase in value on BC - anyone know this for sure ?)

One Hairy SOB
11-29-2017, 06:14 PM
I have a friend who dropped $10k into bitcoin about 4 months ago. He said he up roughly $50k right now. I should have listened to him.

Too bad I don't have a lot of extra cash or I'd throw my hat into the ring. Put $100 in today, guess I'll see where it goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Robocop_9
11-29-2017, 06:30 PM
First time user and with a little guidance I put 100 in. Woke up today $5 richer and ordered some goodies. It’s pretty easy once you do it.

BIGCASPER
11-29-2017, 07:35 PM
Oh ya BTC Is on the rise!

jsnm
11-29-2017, 08:51 PM
Hope it goes back up I lost $80 already lol

Sqwuidd
11-29-2017, 08:53 PM
Just leave it in there man - it does drop but then will shoot back up - basically what I’m gonna do it like put 100$ there and just commit to keeping it in there for the long haul (add some whenever I can )

oldfartjoe
11-29-2017, 11:21 PM
Hope it goes back up I lost $80 already lol

I would look at BTC as both a currency and longer term investment. Expedia, Overstock, and Microsoft (only for software) accept BTC as a form of payment. I wish I had more money to invest in BTC this past summer when it was $1800.

Sqwuidd
11-30-2017, 12:48 AM
Lol ^ I’m dumpin 150 into it and gonna let it sit

kubes
11-30-2017, 01:43 AM
Lol ^ I’m dumpin 150 into it and gonna let it sit

I already did ;)

Thor I Am
11-30-2017, 01:53 AM
Can someone tell me "in a nutshell" what a bit coin vault is.

oldfartjoe
11-30-2017, 03:36 AM
Can someone tell me "in a nutshell" what a bit coin vault is.

Longer term storage of Bitcoin. It is more difficult to move money out of it, which makes it more difficult for cyber crooks to steal. If you have that much BTC, I recommend just getting a cold wallet like Ledger Nano.

Electromass
11-30-2017, 03:40 AM
I had about 42 bucks in my wallet a few weeks ago and it went up to 168 dollars. So I bought some gear. Lol

Thor I Am
11-30-2017, 04:00 AM
Longer term storage of Bitcoin. It is more difficult to move money out of it, which makes it more difficult for cyber crooks to steal. If you have that much BTC, I recommend just getting a cold wallet like Ledger Nano.

thanks for the info! Will do!

Cowboymike
11-30-2017, 04:19 AM
Beware of coinbase. Numerous (https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=zPUeWszfIYmoa-yArPgM&q=cannot+withdraw+from+coinbase&oq=cannot+withdraw+from+coinbase&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3800.3800.0.4800.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0. ..1.1.64.psy-ab..1.0.0....0.x7TWzKEY4gQ) reports (http://bittrust.org/coinbase) of users unable to withdraw funds and getting no response from the company for months. (https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/6sgqku/cannot_withdraw_from_my_usd_wallet/)

Coinbase fucked me hard.... I bought $500 in bitcoin back when it dropped to $5,782... specifically to just let it sit for a while and then buy some HGH with the earnings lol.... the transaction is still pending and they wrote me this morning finally and said there’s an error on my banks side... the money was taken out long time ago, which included their high ass fees of course.... and they’re full of shit... so now I’m fighting to get my money which they’re trying to say was never received but my bank statement shows otherwise...

There’s other options to buy bitcoin. Coinbase is horrible in my opinion... they also are being accused of violating privacy against its users. So keep that in mind as well...

While the rage is going on about bitcoin, may I suggest to you my brothers, just drop a hundred if you can into ripple... it’s bouncing between $0.23-$.029 each currently.... just buy and put it on an external wallet or “toast” wallet... and leave it alone for like 5 Years... I’m telling you this ones going to be a big deal later. It’s got the backing and more and more banks are signing onto their cheaper services... just my two cents... my spidey senses are jumping on it...

lokthai
11-30-2017, 06:13 AM
Coinbase fucked me hard.... I bought $500 in bitcoin back when it dropped to $5,782... specifically to just let it sit for a while and then buy some HGH with the earnings lol.... the transaction is still pending and they wrote me this morning finally and said there’s an error on my banks side... the money was taken out long time ago, which included their high ass fees of course.... and they’re full of shit... so now I’m fighting to get my money which they’re trying to say was never received but my bank statement shows otherwise...

There’s other options to buy bitcoin. Coinbase is horrible in my opinion... they also are being accused of violating privacy against its users. So keep that in mind as well...

While the rage is going on about bitcoin, may I suggest to you my brothers, just drop a hundred if you can into ripple... it’s bouncing between $0.23-$.029 each currently.... just buy and put it on an external wallet or “toast” wallet... and leave it alone for like 5 Years... I’m telling you this ones going to be a big deal later. It’s got the backing and more and more banks are signing onto their cheaper services... just my two cents... my spidey senses are jumping on it...Ive tried doing a cc btc buy from coinbase but each time i tried it was froze up or apologizing for the delay.
The fees have really went up i noticed first attempt before freezing.. like $8 on $200.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

kremitt003
11-30-2017, 06:07 PM
This is absurd how much its going up and down. I had to do W/U on last purchase just because it can change 100$ + or - per coin. at like 10k now in a minute now...

lokthai
11-30-2017, 06:21 PM
This is absurd how much its going up and down. I had to do W/U on last purchase just because it can change 100$ + or - per coin. at like 10k now in a minute now...Coinbase wont even let me purchsse bitcoin now but i can buy ether and lite.
Just checked again: now i can buy. Btc has dropped slightly from yesterday but graph is still like a cliff.

Sqwuidd
11-30-2017, 06:24 PM
What’s ripple?

I have $ in there from before so I’m just leaving it - - may transfer all my Coinbase $ to Blockchain and just leave t there -

lokthai
11-30-2017, 06:28 PM
And of course these guys have to fuck uo everything....

The IRS Has Come Knocking at Bitcoin's Door (https://gizmodo.com/the-irs-has-come-knocking-at-bitcoins-door-1820877550/amp)

Cowboymike
11-30-2017, 06:45 PM
What’s ripple?

I have $ in there from before so I’m just leaving it - - may transfer all my Coinbase $ to Blockchain and just leave t there -

How to buy Ripple (XRP) in 3 Simple Steps - A Beginner's Guide (https://99bitcoins.com/how-to-buy-ripple-xrp-in-3-simple-steps-a-beginners-guide/)

This link explains it the best I think... it’s pretty much what I thought Bitcoin would be, but I feel bitcoin is not living up to what it’s design was for...

in fact making purchases with bitcoin for everyday things seems kind of silly to me. Why buy a $2 coffee with bitcoin that can be worth 10 times that the next day? That’s why I think it’s going to tank... I think people will dump their coins due to not just the current issues with processing, but the fact that using them on amazon or who ever else starts to accept them seems like a pipe dream. Why would a company want to accept a currency that has such huge swings in value? If I sell you a $40,000 car and accept bitcoin for it, then the value of the coin drops dramatically because early investors start selling off their coins for crazy profits... that $40k turns into half that in value and now I have to sit on it hoping it goes back up...

I believe bitcoin will always be around. But I also believe that there’s an obvious “manic” pattern happening... until it stabilizes, it can’t be used for everyday currency and it make any sense... it could very well see 100k per coin... it could very well tank as other coins gain traction...

But I’m no expert. I only read and listen to the opinions of many different outlets and investors... lots of different opinions... but it’s the grassroots of the coin that’s interesting. What it was designed for... bitcoins only done as well as it has because of guys like us and every other underground and black market use for the anonymity side to it... but if that’s going to get regulated under the new legislation coming out about it, to crack down on money laundering and the black market usage for the coin, kiss that high value good bye as everyone looks to the next anonymous way to conduct black market business.... that’s just my thoughts...

Ripple, I believe, as is, follows the rules that will withstand any future government meddling. It will be the way of money transferring for most banks, major corporations AND individuals needing to make transactions world wide... I figure $100 got me, when I bought, 328 coins (rounded down) if anything will see $1k + down the road... I honestly believe that... if not, fug it. $100 is all that I have at stake. I can live with that loss lol....

I’m looking to put $100 on bytecoin as well... just because it’s so stupid cheap.. you can get like 300k plus coins lol... if that shit ever hits a buck, it would be well worth it ;0)

jsnm
11-30-2017, 06:59 PM

While the rage is going on about bitcoin, may I suggest to you my brothers, just drop a hundred if you can into ripple... it’s bouncing between $0.23-$.029 each currently.... just buy and put it on an external wallet or “toast” wallet... and leave it alone for like 5 Years... I’m telling you this ones going to be a big deal later. It’s got the backing and more and more banks are signing onto their cheaper services... just my two cents... my spidey senses are jumping on it...

This is fucking genius,how do you get the external wallets?

kubes
11-30-2017, 07:31 PM
What’s ripple?

That's what I do is move it all to blockchain.

lokthai
11-30-2017, 07:43 PM
How to buy Ripple (XRP) in 3 Simple Steps - A Beginner's Guide (https://99bitcoins.com/how-to-buy-ripple-xrp-in-3-simple-steps-a-beginners-guide/)

This link explains it the best I think... it’s pretty much what I thought Bitcoin would be, but I feel bitcoin is not living up to what it’s design was for...

in fact making purchases with bitcoin for everyday things seems kind of silly to me. Why buy a $2 coffee with bitcoin that can be worth 10 times that the next day? That’s why I think it’s going to tank... I think people will dump their coins due to not just the current issues with processing, but the fact that using them on amazon or who ever else starts to accept them seems like a pipe dream. Why would a company want to accept a currency that has such huge swings in value? If I sell you a $40,000 car and accept bitcoin for it, then the value of the coin drops dramatically because early investors start selling off their coins for crazy profits... that $40k turns into half that in value and now I have to sit on it hoping it goes back up...

I believe bitcoin will always be around. But I also believe that there’s an obvious “manic” pattern happening... until it stabilizes, it can’t be used for everyday currency and it make any sense... it could very well see 100k per coin... it could very well tank as other coins gain traction...

But I’m no expert. I only read and listen to the opinions of many different outlets and investors... lots of different opinions... but it’s the grassroots of the coin that’s interesting. What it was designed for... bitcoins only done as well as it has because of guys like us and every other underground and black market use for the anonymity side to it... but if that’s going to get regulated under the new legislation coming out about it, to crack down on money laundering and the black market usage for the coin, kiss that high value good bye as everyone looks to the next anonymous way to conduct black market business.... that’s just my thoughts...

Ripple, I believe, as is, follows the rules that will withstand any future government meddling. It will be the way of money transferring for most banks, major corporations AND individuals needing to make transactions world wide... I figure $100 got me, when I bought, 328 coins (rounded down) if anything will see $1k + down the road... I honestly believe that... if not, fug it. $100 is all that I have at stake. I can live with that loss lol....

I’m looking to put $100 on bytecoin as well... just because it’s so stupid cheap.. you can get like 300k plus coins lol... if that shit ever hits a buck, it would be well worth it ;0)Exactly the way ive been thinking and see it all and have been checking into ripple and a lot of big institutions are signing on because it increases their profits.
I think it will be a few years like 5 or more before any real profit can be recognized..
But its all a gamble and if you have a few hundred or thousand, why not. If it's not gonna break you.
I remember how many boats i missed like subway: and i had the funds to invest.
I laughed at my friend at the time and said, " cold cuts? Uh no... that's what you eat when you're crunched for time and cant get something good. Who the fuck is gonna wanna eat that shit when they go out to grab a bite besides a few peeps on lunch. "
Lol.. what a fucking idiot i was.
Id be a multi millionare maybe billionare by now if i wasnt so arrogant know it all stupid. Lol

Big L
12-01-2017, 03:35 AM

No shit brotha! BTC is going nutz! I? have more than tripled my investment!

Cowboymike
12-01-2017, 05:28 AM
This is fucking genius,how do you get the external wallets?

Depends for what cryptocurrency... I use toast wallet for ripple ... there’s cold storage external wallets. You can buy off amazon or other places on the web... I haven’t found one that holds ripple yet though.. but there’s a few that hold a bunch of different types. Just gotta pick your poison and get one that will hold the currencies you’re most interested in.

Sqwuidd
12-01-2017, 01:35 PM
Just bought 80$ of coins in CB - sent em to Blockchain and now gonna let me sit there - bitcoin prices are increasing so far for today - hoping to have it go above 12k - that will make me some nice little $ quick - then I may withdraw or just keep it there - my plan it to just leave the 80$ there and just kinda forget about it hoping it will just exponentially increase over time

Let’s see! I don’t have mad $ to play with so 80$ is all I can swing right now

kubes
12-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Just bought 80$ of coins in CB - sent em to Blockchain and now gonna let me sit there - bitcoin prices are increasing so far for today - hoping to have it go above 12k - that will make me some nice little $ quick - then I may withdraw or just keep it there - my plan it to just leave the 80$ there and just kinda forget about it hoping it will just exponentially increase over time

Let’s see! I don’t have mad $ to play with so 80$ is all I can swing right now

I'm along the same thinking. I don't leave more sitting there then I can afford to loose. It's sitting on a nice increase again. 10,500 each btc

Sqwuidd
12-01-2017, 01:39 PM
True - 80$ to me at the moment I can play around with - if it gets to the point where it’s doubled or
Something then I’ll prob withdraw it - but I would really like to
Leave it just in case there’s a BTC surge or something ya kno?

kubes
12-01-2017, 01:41 PM
True - 80$ to me at the moment I can play around with - if it gets to the point where it’s doubled or
Something then I’ll prob withdraw it - but I would really like to
Leave it just in case there’s a BTC surge or something ya kno?

Ya or just spend it when it spiked ;)

Sqwuidd
12-01-2017, 01:42 PM
True I would order supertropin if it increased to 150 lol [emoji13]

Sqwuidd
12-01-2017, 01:43 PM
It was at 94$ 5 min ago - now 98$ lol

lokthai
12-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Transactions fees are really up....

kubes
12-01-2017, 07:32 PM
Cost me 1.50 to send funds

lokthai
12-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Cost me 1.50 to send fundsCc to coinbase cost me close to 13$ on 300. Transaction from wallet out was 4.60.
That's up a lot from 4 weeks ago.

kubes
12-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Cc to coinbase cost me close to 13$ on 300. Transaction from wallet out was 4.60.
That's up a lot from 4 weeks ago.

I just bypass coin base and put it straight to blockchain

lokthai
12-01-2017, 08:04 PM
I just bypass coin base and put it straight to blockchainVia?

JJ14
12-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Ya it sucks but it is more convenient purchase from coinbase, transfer to blockchain, then send money from blockchain to someone looking at like 30$ maybe more depends how much u sending though

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

PAiN
12-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Via?

A bitcoin ATM.

lokthai
12-01-2017, 09:54 PM
A bitcoin ATM.So am i correct to assume the fees are much less than cc to coinbase then to blockchain wallet?

kubes
12-01-2017, 10:44 PM
So am i correct to assume the fees are much less than cc to coinbase then to blockchain wallet?

Yes

Diesel1965
12-02-2017, 03:27 AM
Yes

I'm all about low fee's thanks for the info Kubes

PAPA
12-02-2017, 04:25 AM
Now is the time to buy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

lokthai
12-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Now is the time to buy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using TapatalkSeems like last bottom was the time to buy as far as the long term...
Ripple xtc game for a different fruit orange to apple sit and hold looks interesting...
I see an enormous potential but i don't know shit.... Seems like a wave with a lot of financial institutions hopping aboard not contingent on the rise or fall of cryptos but the means of transfer increasing world institutions' profits exponentially... seems like if i have a clue, now is the time to sit and hold... maybe take a long nap... grow a long rip ban winkle beard...wake up rich...
Opinions?

stormwheather
12-02-2017, 09:46 AM
1. Bitcoin is still accelerating, this is for sure, ethereum, litecoin also
2. There are plenty of crypto coins, some you can mine yourself if you have 1000$ for mining Equipment you can mine coins like ethereum or litecoin and let your computer get some coins for you
3. On some coins you can make more money on short-term 3000% growth etc. There are really many of them
4. Always store coins on Hardware wallet, there are at least 3 different you can choose i found, you can buy online also at amazon
5. Stay away from Coinbase and blockchain, my coins been stolen from blockchain and nobody can do anything about it, so dont make same mistake you also got totally xrayed by some unknown people so... dont
6. There are many possibilities to buy coins, plenty of professional sites and trading centers can also buy meeting each other live Hand to Hand

Take care
Stormy

Gmanzx11
12-02-2017, 03:29 PM
I bought into Bitcoin a year ago when it was $650. After the split I can't believe how it has taken off. Best investment ever!!!! Now it's $11k.

GetBig13
12-02-2017, 05:10 PM
Have some buddies who have bitcoin businesses (online trading, atm's etc). From what they've been telling me is bit coin is NOT something to buy and hold right now. It's better to buy and do daily trades.

NOW, ripple is something I am interested in investing in and letting it sit. Yesterday I believe it was only at $0.25. Throw a 1000 in on it and just sit for a bit. Eventually from everywhere I am reading it's predicted to at least be at $1 early 2018, and long term can easily be way higher.

I regretted not investing in BC when it was under $300 when my buddies all said to do so (mainly because I didn't understand what the hell it was), so for $.25 I am not going to miss out on another potential opportunity. Can't really lose at this cheap of a price point.

Sqwuidd
12-02-2017, 05:12 PM
How do I buy ripple?

It isn’t available in CB or anything right?

What is the platform to purchase ?

kubes
12-02-2017, 06:07 PM
How do I buy ripple?

I haven't heard of it either. I was gonna drop a few bucks on light coin and ether while it's low

elmo33
12-02-2017, 06:55 PM
lets just say if I had held all my bitcoin earnings in the 2 years at the price I was paid them I would almost be a millionaire. but its so volatile I always sold shortly after getting paid because you never know

kubes
12-02-2017, 06:58 PM
lets just say if I had held all my bitcoin earnings in the 2 years at the price I was paid them I would almost be a millionaire. but its so volatile I always sold shortly after getting paid because you never know

True you have to just sit in them

Cowboymike
12-02-2017, 07:22 PM
How do I buy ripple?

Download:
“toast wallet”
“EverCoin”

With evercoin you can exchange your bitcoin from coinbase or your blockchain wallet into ripple. It will deposit it directly into your toast wallet...

Using bitcoin you get more ripple than you would buying directly with usd... for whatever reason...

Thor I Am
12-03-2017, 01:39 AM
Evercoin, coin bank, block chain, wallets, toast wallets, ugh! Here is another-What is a gate hub?

jsnm
12-03-2017, 02:09 AM
Download:
“toast wallet”
“EverCoin”

With evercoin you can exchange your bitcoin from coinbase or your blockchain wallet into ripple. It will deposit it directly into your toast wallet...

Using bitcoin you get more ripple than you would buying directly with usd... for whatever reason...

Do you use wire for messaging?

Cowboymike
12-03-2017, 05:29 AM
Do you use wire for messaging?

Im not sure what that is... ?

Cowboymike
12-03-2017, 05:35 AM
Evercoin, coin bank, block chain, wallets, toast wallets, ugh! Here is another-What is a gate hub?

Lol, gatehub is a pretty sophisticated platform... you’ll just need to fund your account there first... then you use that funding, after it’s cleared, to do your exchanges. Since they cover a bunch of different alt coins, you can do your exchanges right there in the website... it acts as a wallet as well... but I’m not comfortable personally, at this stage in the game, storing my stuff on these websites... I don’t 100% trust everything yet... there’s already been a couple hacks and money stolen from similar platforms...

lokthai
12-03-2017, 05:47 AM
Today it took almost an hr for coinbase to transfer to my block chain wallet.
During that time, Iooked for ways to track it or a customet service.
That bad thing about this crypto situation is, in the event of any glitch, you're pretty much fucked with no recourse.
Maybe through a credit card purchase of bitcoin that fucks up due to aspects of credit card protection through that institution. But from coinbase to wherever or wallet to wherever, a glitch= u r fuct.
If I'm not seeing the big picture or somebody knows something i don't, i welcome the enlightenment.
In my eyes fiat currency(usd) is still king even though its basically paper representing debt- it's still tangible= you can feel it, touch it, hold it. You feel its release when you hand it over. And if you don't want the world to know where you spend it, they wont....
The codes won't disappear and says "0" balance. The whole banking institution will collapse and the usa and the world will recognize it as (as im sure will inevitably happen).
Just thinking out loud. I wouldve only lost some chump change but it could've just as easily been a whole lot more...

Sqwuidd
12-03-2017, 12:14 PM
This shit is mad complex - I’m gonna stick with BC - put some
More $ in when I get it and get like 100$ in ripple thru what cowboymike said — toast wallet and Evercoin

Sqwuidd
12-03-2017, 12:18 PM
Bitcoin is at 11,860 right now also

d-man
12-03-2017, 12:21 PM
Also look into Litecoin

Sqwuidd
12-03-2017, 12:25 PM
I put 65$ info bitcoin Thursday and now have 109$- figure if I throw another 100 at ripple I can make some
Nice money and buy supertropin got
Something lol

d-man
12-03-2017, 02:12 PM
I put 65$ info bitcoin Thursday and now have 109$- figure if I throw another 100 at ripple I can make some
Nice money and buy supertropin got
Something lol

I had $30 left over from a sponsor purchase. I now have $245. I'll let it ride!

Sqwuidd
12-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Shit!^

That’s awesome

I’m thinking I’m just gonna let my $ sit in Blockchain (add to it as I can and see how much it’ll build up to)

d-man
12-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Shit!^

That’s awesome

I’m thinking I’m just gonna let my $ sit in Blockchain (add to it as I can and see how much it’ll build up to)

Absolutely bro! Let that shit ride!!

AngieNY
12-03-2017, 02:41 PM
I have a couple of stories like that and I cant even think of how rich I'd be if I didnt listen to my family and just went with my gut and bought stock on my own (family worked on wall street and were corporate bond brokers) So just think google, yes GOOGLE and snapple. My best friend was a tech nerd and before google came out as the search engine we all know it to be now... we used "web crawler" on a PC that he helped be build I think this was in 97 if I can remember and he worked at Goldman Sachs as their IT guy... his friends there told him of his up and coming "web browser" named google. He told me later on that its going to change the internet as we know it. I said "I'll let my family look into it" They did and laughed because they advice they got was "its a kiddie stock and it isnt going anywhere" I told them to do their own research and being the thick headed stubborn Italians they are, they never did. *sigh* Just to type that out made my stomach turn.

Exactly the way ive been thinking and see it all and have been checking into ripple and a lot of big institutions are signing on because it increases their profits.
I think it will be a few years like 5 or more before any real profit can be recognized..
But its all a gamble and if you have a few hundred or thousand, why not. If it's not gonna break you.
I remember how many boats i missed like subway: and i had the funds to invest.
I laughed at my friend at the time and said, " cold cuts? Uh no... that's what you eat when you're crunched for time and cant get something good. Who the fuck is gonna wanna eat that shit when they go out to grab a bite besides a few peeps on lunch. "
Lol.. what a fucking idiot i was.
Id be a multi millionare maybe billionare by now if i wasnt so arrogant know it all stupid. Lol

AngieNY
12-03-2017, 02:44 PM
If you wanna talk about tangible investments... silver is always a good way to go. Its cheap enough to accumulate and acquire and if you have any silver coins hang onto to them...

Today it took almost an hr for coinbase to transfer to my block chain wallet.
During that time, Iooked for ways to track it or a customet service.
That bad thing about this crypto situation is, in the event of any glitch, you're pretty much fucked with no recourse.
Maybe through a credit card purchase of bitcoin that fucks up due to aspects of credit card protection through that institution. But from coinbase to wherever or wallet to wherever, a glitch= u r fuct.
If I'm not seeing the big picture or somebody knows something i don't, i welcome the enlightenment.
In my eyes fiat currency(usd) is still king even though its basically paper representing debt- it's still tangible= you can feel it, touch it, hold it. You feel its release when you hand it over. And if you don't want the world to know where you spend it, they wont....
The codes won't disappear and says "0" balance. The whole banking institution will collapse and the usa and the world will recognize it as (as im sure will inevitably happen).
Just thinking out loud. I wouldve only lost some chump change but it could've just as easily been a whole lot more...

AngieNY
12-03-2017, 02:44 PM
I'm going to need a BTC for dummies lol

d-man
12-03-2017, 03:11 PM
I have a couple of stories like that and I cant even think of how rich I'd be if I didnt listen to my family and just went with my gut and bought stock on my own (family worked on wall street and were corporate bond brokers) So just think google, yes GOOGLE and snapple. My best friend was a tech nerd and before google came out as the search engine we all know it to be now... we used "web crawler" on a PC that he helped be build I think this was in 97 if I can remember and he worked at Goldman Sachs as their IT guy... his friends there told him of his up and coming "web browser" named google. He told me later on that its going to change the internet as we know it. I said "I'll let my family look into it" They did and laughed because they advice they got was "its a kiddie stock and it isnt going anywhere" I told them to do their own research and being the thick headed stubborn Italians they are, they never did. *sigh* Just to type that out made my stomach turn.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuuuuuuck!!!!!!

d-man
12-03-2017, 03:11 PM
I'm going to need a BTC for dummies lol

Thoughts on litecoin?

Sqwuidd
12-03-2017, 03:42 PM
Angie - Bitcoin is pretty simple to set up

Have you set one up yet ?

If not, Lmk - I can help with the setup part of it - I’ve helped so many people that it’s like Second nature to me now

GetBig13
12-03-2017, 04:19 PM
How do I buy ripple?

cowboymike alreadg listed some, but another source where you can get all cryptos plus ripple is bitstamp. Takes 3-5 days for your account to approve on average but then you're good to go.

Read into it a bit it's pretty interesting. Ripple is basically a technology being sold to banks for faster account to account transfers. For example, you go and wire money overseas and it may take hours or even days for the funds to actually clear and be accessible. I believe ripple was said to go bank to bank anywhere in the world with immediate access in 6 seconds or something similar to that. Again, do our own research, as I JUST started looking into this myself, but I feel I missed the ball on BC unless I chose to trade daily. So this is one I don't want to miss out on.

AngieNY
12-03-2017, 04:25 PM
That at would be awesome thank you!!!

Angie - Bitcoin is pretty simple to set up

Have you set one up yet ?

If not, Lmk - I can help with the setup part of it - I’ve helped so many people that it’s like Second nature to me now

lokthai
12-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Ok supposedly Amazon is going to make a big announcement feb 2 about accepting crypto currency -,bitcoin.
Now from my reads (and ive been investing multiple hrs into days on this)the really big money has already been made on bit coin except for day trading grab and sell style (sorry for better lack of trading terminology-,just woke up).
Anyhow theres several competing currencies (as I'm sure you all know) and many trading really cheap. Its a matter of picking the right one/s as well as was mentioned the technology of moving it so to speak like ripple...
Thing is, once again the picture i get is the enormity of Amazon's announcement and the suit from business like them who will fall in line.
It seems to me, now is the time to not miss the boat because millionares are going to be made really fast and after that date, it wont be quite the same except for the savy invester with lots to invest.
Anyone care to expound on my thoughts?
I feel im on the right track but i would like some ideas. I'm trying to convince a friend to move so of his investments (at least 25k $) into the right crypto. He will split down the middle on profit or if big enough more for steering him. He knows nothing of cryptos. But has over 500k $ working for him now just in medium level stocks.
Ideas? Thoughts? Flames? Trolls? Lol

lokthai
12-03-2017, 07:23 PM
If you wanna talk about tangible investments... silver is always a good way to go. Its cheap enough to accumulate and acquire and if you have any silver coins hang onto to them...I have a few

lokthai
12-03-2017, 10:46 PM
I have a couple of stories like that and I cant even think of how rich I'd be if I didnt listen to my family and just went with my gut and bought stock on my own (family worked on wall street and were corporate bond brokers) So just think google, yes GOOGLE and snapple. My best friend was a tech nerd and before google came out as the search engine we all know it to be now... we used "web crawler" on a PC that he helped be build I think this was in 97 if I can remember and he worked at Goldman Sachs as their IT guy... his friends there told him of his up and coming "web browser" named google. He told me later on that its going to change the internet as we know it. I said "I'll let my family look into it" They did and laughed because they advice they got was "its a kiddie stock and it isnt going anywhere" I told them to do their own research and being the thick headed stubborn Italians they are, they never did. *sigh* Just to type that out made my stomach turn.Lol... yes I've been very wealthy. lost it, build it up again, shit bottom, now just living.
The key is to not think you know it all; keep your eyes open; be willing to jump when you should and always in any situation do NOT panic.

G160
12-04-2017, 03:36 AM
I have a few

Sent from my SM-J327P using TapatalkI was asking this guy about bitcoin the other day,hes a mid level hacker invests money, needed to get some shit with no minimum, he told me "if youre gona do anything short term do it fast before it pops" , i fixed his car the next day and guy hands me a silver coin after paying, i thought it was funny...

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

lokthai
12-04-2017, 05:06 AM
I was asking this guy about bitcoin the other day,hes a mid level hacker invests money, needed to get some shit with no minimum, he told me "if youre gona do anything short term do it fast before it pops" , i fixed his car the next day and guy hands me a silver coin after paying, i thought it was funny...

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using TapatalkLol.. hes right.
I believe its a bubble..bubbles pop.. i got hit in the housing real estate bubble.. almost got out in time. It wasn't a mystery at all to me it was gonna crash. I thought i could get in and out on my last venture but forces completely unrelately prevented that.

In other news I've been non stop reading extensively into ripple xrc and there's just as much saying its bullshit as there is saying jump in. Also its not as important about this crypto bubble (to simplify) what makes it good (or bad depending on who you're listening to).
The thing is when you google this shit it seems hard to really know whats up because everybody has an angle.
So my dear good friend whose broker that's made him a lot lot of money is enquiring about all this shit tomorrow. He has an angle too. But who better to get the truth from than the guy who makes money if you make money. Imo

Sqwuidd
12-06-2017, 05:41 PM
It’s over 12k now - 12,755 - I almost have doubled my investment in under a week - I’m keeping this $ in there and just gonna let it ride - I almost wanna spend is but I kinda am trying to let it rock there and just grow

kubes
12-06-2017, 05:52 PM
I'm watching mine grow too. I wouldn't buy right now just watch it grow. If it dips again I might buy some more

Reliable_DNP
12-06-2017, 06:11 PM
BTC $50,000

Heard here first.

#staightupshillin

kubes
12-06-2017, 09:37 PM
It's at 13,200 now

Sqwuidd
12-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Holy shit ! I’m keeping my
$ in there

kubes
12-06-2017, 10:05 PM
I'm not touching mine just sitting on it

GearGod
12-06-2017, 11:12 PM
I purchased $200 worth of coin just to sit because of this thread

Gear God
SOVEREIGN labs representative

kubes
12-06-2017, 11:14 PM
I purchased $200 worth of coin just to sit because of this thread

Gear God
SOVEREIGN labs representative

This thread is working then!!'

PAiN
12-06-2017, 11:41 PM
Bitcoin over 13000! This is going to make a lot of people rich!

Diesel1965
12-06-2017, 11:51 PM
It's rumored to be heading in the 40,000 range. A buddy of mine told me about it when it was at 400 I was a dummy didn't get in on it he did and he's not working now lol oh well.

bigjay23
12-07-2017, 12:05 AM
So I'm trying to figure this out
I go to my coin base buy bitcoins then go to sell then I could send from there to my wallet to send again?

PAiN
12-07-2017, 12:11 AM
It's rumored to be heading in the 40,000 range. A buddy of mine told me about it when it was at 400 I was a dummy didn't get in on it he did and he's not working now lol oh well.

It will be at 40,000 in 2018! Guaranteed!

kubes
12-07-2017, 12:15 AM
I read an article that said 1 million by the end of 2018 but I don't see that

jsnm
12-07-2017, 12:38 AM
Hit 14,500 holy shit

Sqwuidd
12-07-2017, 12:39 AM
Jesus^ fuckin I can buy supertropin now!

Lol
Nah I’m gonna leave it there

jsnm
12-07-2017, 12:41 AM
Hahaha this is awesome

kubes
12-07-2017, 12:43 AM
Hit 14,500 holy shit

This is crazy!!!

jsnm
12-07-2017, 12:44 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171207/03d4a9c2b537ad27228555d65446c0fe.jpg

Been watching the ticker on my phone all day lol

d-man
12-07-2017, 12:53 AM
Fukn insane!

Gmanzx11
12-07-2017, 02:44 AM
It is insane!! How high will it go? I heard 12000. Well it blew past this.

AngieNY
12-07-2017, 02:52 AM
I read an article last night that ppl keep saying $100K and then its gonna pop

It is insane!! How high will it go? I heard 12000. Well it blew past this.

Weapon X
12-07-2017, 03:23 AM
So, educate me on how this works? Someone just needs to set up a Bitcoin account, buy whatever it is you buy, sit back while inflation (or whatever it's called) increases the value of your initial purchase?

PAiN
12-07-2017, 03:36 AM
I read an article last night that ppl keep saying $100K and then its gonna pop

They've said that about every big number it's hit. Bitcoin will only go up.

AngieNY
12-07-2017, 04:05 AM
From your lips to God's ears - I've been saying that a lot lately lol

We're gonna end 2017 on a high note !

They've said that about every big number it's hit. Bitcoin will only go up.

Diesel1965
12-07-2017, 04:54 AM
So, educate me on how this works? Someone just needs to set up a Bitcoin account, buy whatever it is you buy, sit back while inflation (or whatever it's called) increases the value of your initial purchase?

Brother demand is driving it everyone wants in on it. Every day more people get on board. It will correct a little here and there and when it drops down more people get on board. I hear the Gap Band singing every body get on board and ride this party train. That was one hellava party song and this will be one hellava ride.

Weapon X
12-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Appreciate the reply
Brother demand is driving it everyone wants in on it. Every day more people get on board. It will correct a little here and there and when it drops down more people get on board. I hear the Gap Band singing every body get on board and ride this party train. That was one hellava party song and this will be one hellava ride.

Sqwuidd
12-07-2017, 01:16 PM
It’s over 14,900 right now - I have enough there fora GH kit ! Jesus

kubes
12-07-2017, 01:32 PM
It's over 15,000 now. What is driving it so high right now??

Sqwuidd
12-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Dude I have like 150$ in there from 65$ invested last week - craziness man- I wanna spend it but also wanna let this rock out and see where it goes

Xtreme4Life
12-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Posts and news stories like this everywhere. My employees who aren't even that tech savvy are buzzing about it and trying to buy up what they can afford. Big institutions/investors/firms are getting. CME is coming in on the 10th, it might be listed on NASDAQ in 2018, Amazon may start accepting crypto.....

Sqwuidd
12-07-2017, 01:38 PM
I’m throwing 50$ more
Into it today

kubes
12-07-2017, 01:52 PM
I'm gonna wait and see if it drops this weekend

kubes
12-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Posts and news stories like this everywhere. My employees who aren't even that tech savvy are buzzing about it and trying to buy up what they can afford. Big institutions/investors/firms are getting. CME is coming in on the 10th, it might be listed on NASDAQ in 2018, Amazon may start accepting crypto.....

Amazon and dish network both accept Bitcoin now

Xtreme4Life
12-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Amazon and dish network both accept Bitcoin now

I don't know about Dish, but I know for certain Amazon doesn't yet despite all the rumors. Not directly through Amazon itself anyway. They're making an announcement on that in Feb 2018.

Sqwuidd
12-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Just put 40$ more in my Blockchain - now just gonna let it grow

Sqwuidd
12-07-2017, 02:22 PM
It’s taking longer this time for BC to receive my Coinbase transfer - hmmm never has happened to me before

kubes
12-07-2017, 02:23 PM
It’s taking longer this time for BC to receive my Coinbase transfer - hmmm never has happened to me before

Use the ATM bro if you have one. The fees are almost nothing. I usually have the money back by the time I get home

kubes
12-07-2017, 02:24 PM
I don't know about Dish, but I know for certain Amazon doesn't yet despite all the rumors. Not directly through Amazon itself anyway. They're making an announcement on that in Feb 2018.

I use dish network and pay my bill with a cc and it shows Bitcoin as payment method. I'll look at Amazon I thought I saw it last night

Diesel1965
12-07-2017, 02:53 PM
It’s over 14,900 right now - I have enough there fora GH kit ! Jesus

Smart investment. It's like free HGH

Diesel1965
12-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Use the ATM bro if you have one. The fees are almost nothing. I usually have the money back by the time I get home

Kubes you mentioned in a few post back that the ATM reads a QR code. Is the QR code attached to my blockchain wallet? If so how do I access my QR code on my blockchain wallet when trying to purchase bitcoins? Does the bitcoin ATM scan the QR code from my phone the ATM is the way I'd like to purchase.

Diesel1965
12-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Dude I have like 150$ in there from 65$ invested last week - craziness man- I wanna spend it but also wanna let this rock out and see where it goes

Let it ride sqwuidd.

Diesel1965
12-07-2017, 03:07 PM
I've heard sometime in February that Amazon will announce that they will start taking bitcoins as payment

Diesel1965
12-07-2017, 03:10 PM
There is speculation that it will be traded on the future's market. That could also be a reason for the demand and the for the price to keep going up prior to that taking place.

kubes
12-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Kubes you mentioned in a few post back that the ATM reads a QR code. Is the QR code attached to my blockchain wallet? If so how do I access my QR code on my blockchain wallet when trying to purchase bitcoins? Does the bitcoin ATM scan the QR code from my phone the ATM is the way I'd like to purchase.

Click receive at the bottle m of the app and your QR code and wallet will pop up to be scanned. The ATM will scan it and you will see it on the ATM screen scanning

Diesel1965
12-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Click receive at the bottle m of the app and your QR code and wallet will pop up to be scanned. The ATM will scan it and you will see it on the ATM screen scanning
Ok thanks brother I'll download the blockchain app to my phone. I had not downloaded the to my phone makes perfect sense.

kubes
12-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Ok thanks brother I'll download the blockchain app to my phone. I had not downloaded the to my phone makes perfect sense.

You will need that and the ATM will send you an SMS message when your doing the deposits to verify. It's sends you a password that you put into the ATM before you deposited funds

jstud
12-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Is anyone else having problems with bitcoin transfers?
Suggestions for an idiot proof wallet to buy bc?

kubes
12-07-2017, 03:53 PM
There are probably a lot of transaction right now slowing things down. I notice logging in to blockchain is taking longer then normal last two days

Sqwuidd
12-07-2017, 05:05 PM
I’m having slowness with transferring from CB to BC - sent something this morning @like 945 and it’s still not showing in my BC at this time

kubes
12-07-2017, 05:16 PM
I’m having slowness with transferring from CB to BC - sent something this morning @like 945 and it’s still not showing in my BC at this time

It's running slow. A couple guys told me last night it took 3-4 hours for it to show up. Sit tight I'm sure it will. Does coinbase show it pending any if the 3 transactions? As long as counbase shows the transaction to you BC wallet I think your good

Reliable_DNP
12-07-2017, 05:18 PM

What BTC ATM are you using? I tried that shit once and my ass is still sore from the fuckin fees...

Electromass
12-07-2017, 05:21 PM
What BTC ATM are you using? I tried that shit once and my ass is still sore from the fuckin fees...This is no Shit....my BTC ATMs are 8 and 10/%

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

kubes
12-07-2017, 05:27 PM
What BTC ATM are you using? I tried that shit once and my ass is still sore from the fuckin fees...

The one that I use is 5% and the way Bitcoin is growing I usually have that back before I get home. Coinbase charges that and a transfer fee

kubes
12-07-2017, 05:28 PM
This is no Shit....my BTC ATMs are 8 and 10/%

Not mine it's 5 %. I think they have to keep it low cause it's the only way be in town. I would have to drive 65 miles to the next closest one

Sqwuidd
12-07-2017, 05:28 PM
It's running slow. A couple guys told me last night it took 3-4 hours for it to show up. Sit tight I'm sure it will. Does coinbase show it pending any if the 3 transactions? As long as counbase shows the transaction to you BC wallet I think your good

Yea it shows pending

kubes
12-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Yea it shows pending

Your good bro just sit tight

Electromass
12-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Not mine it's 5 %. I think they have to keep it low cause it's the only way be in town. I would have to drive 65 miles to the next closest oneYeah, unfortunately the closer of the 2 to me (17 miles) is the 10% one.... go figure!

kubes
12-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Yeah, unfortunately the closer of the 2 to me (17 miles) is the 10% one.... go figure!

Ugh... your stuck with coinbase friend :(

Electromass
12-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Today bitcoin passed $15000That's some crazy shit

lokthai
12-07-2017, 08:40 PM
That's some crazy shit

Sent from my XT1080 using TapatalkWonder when its gonna plunge... a,lot of speculation going on the climb is gonna keep going but i think its gonna pop.
Mining fees are really up.

lokthai
12-07-2017, 08:54 PM
GAMES

Valve: Your Bitcoin Isn't Any Good on Steam Anymore

[https://i]

Tom McKay

Yesterday 9:30pm

Filed to:*BITCOIN

Photo: AP

Valve’s Steam, the digital distribution platform which enjoys*near-monopolistic control*of the entire PC gaming industry, has stopped accepting bitcoins as a form of payment due to the currency’s volatility and increasingly unacceptable processing fees.

In a*blog post*on Wednesday, Steam wrote that “In the past few months we’ve seen an increase in the volatility in the value of Bitcoin and a significant increase in the fees to process transactions on the Bitcoin network.”

Recent Video*from*Gizmodo

02:44

The Only PC Gaming Controller You Should Bother With • Battlemodo

11/14/2017

The reason for this is inherent to the way the Bitcoin protocol works; the number of bitcoins is controlled by having computers generate them via so-called “mining” operations, which are essentially complicated math problems. That stalls growth in the number of bitcoins that exist, but as the value of those bitcoins has skyrocketed miners are devoting*more and more computational resources*to compete for new coins, requiring*huge amounts of electricity*and time. The speculative frenzy has at times created massive lag in the*already inherently limited*speed of transactions across the Bitcoin network and jacked up processing fees.

The result is that at the same time Bitcoin needs widespread adoption to break beyond being a purely speculative investment, it’s becoming*very difficult and frustrating*for retailers to use. According to Valve, transaction fees have exploded from their original cost of 20 cents to roughly $20, a 100x increase, over the course of the past year. And since those transactions are often lagging at the same time the value of bitcoin is rapidly fluctuating, it’s caused real problems:

When checking out on Steam, a customer will transfer x amount of Bitcoin for the cost of the game, plus y amount of Bitcoin to cover the transaction fee charged by the Bitcoin network. The value of Bitcoin is only guaranteed for a certain period of time so if the transaction doesn’t complete within that window of time, then the amount of Bitcoin needed to cover the transaction can change. The amount it can change has been increasing recently to a point where it can be significantly different.

There’s no good customer service response to this problem, Valve added, because if there’s an imbalance in payments the same problem can repeat itself, and users can be hit with additional transaction fees.

ADVERTISEMENT

“At this point, it has become untenable to support Bitcoin as a payment option,” Valve concluded. “We may re-evaluate whether Bitcoin makes sense for us and for the Steam community at a later date.”

Bitcoin itself recently*shot past $14,000this week, meaning that if Valve is sitting on a horde of the digital currency, it’s probably making serious bank. But Valve is in the video game distribution business, not the cryptocurrency speculation business. What’s more, it was one of the few major retailers that accepted bitcoins at all. Steam’s retraction from the market is another blow to Bitcoin’s*already low utility*beyond speculative investing, hoarding, and of course various*fraud schemes*and*scams.

As the bubble grows, Bitcoin is facing regulatory troubles as well. Numerous countries including*China,*South Korea, and*Russia*have all clamped down on the cryptocurrency sector. In the U.S., the Securities and Exchange Commission has signaled*increasing skepticism of crypto*in general, while the Internal Revenue Service is*preparing a major crackdown*on people using it to evade taxes.

[The Verge]

RECOMMENDED STORIES

The SEC's Cyber Unit Launches Its First Fraud Case, Targeting PlexCoin's ICO

Man Who Threw Away a Fortune in Bitcoin Now Looking to Dig Up a Landfill*

The IRS Has Come Knocking at Bitcoin's Door

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

[https://i]Tom McKay

"... An upperclassman who had been researching terrorist groups online." - Washington Post

EmailTwitterPosts

Discussion

Staff*(13)Community*(68)Pending

[https://i]WeTheFree360Tom McKay

12/06/17 10:29pm

Stupid question: WTF do the mathematical problems that are being solved to produce a bitcoin actually for or do? I would ask professor google, but this is way more entertaining.

Reply8*replies

[https://i]mystixaWeTheFree360

12/06/17 11:19pm

Not a stupid question.. potentially a troll, but thats ok. Its fun to explain.

Blockchain based coins use that blockchain to record all the transactions that occur with that money. The miners are competing with each other to cement each block in place using a hash function.

That last bit means they are running a block of text from the blockchain through a math formula. They tack on a claim to a new bitcoin for the miner and run it through. The race is to find a ‘hash’ or answer to the math problem with a certain number of leading zeros as the answer. ..thats the difficulty. As more and more computer get put on the problem the difficulty is raised by adding numbers of zeros that have to be present at the beginning of this answer.

Once an answer is found that hashed block is communicated back out to the rest of the system to be confirmed by other miners. In cases where multiple answers were found at a similar time the one that receieves more confirmations faster wins and is agreed by the whole system as the winner of that coin.

Specifics of the hash formula, what values, and what number of confirmations among other values are the differences between the myriad named coins you see out*there. (doge, lightcoin, etc)

Reply3*replies

[https://i]Tom McKaymystixa

12/07/17 12:03am

Blockchain doesn’t *have* to be computationally heavy, and public ledgers don’t *need* to require exponentially increasing amounts of processor power to keep functioning, right? It’s specifically the Bitcoin implementation that makes it an energy-sucking monstrosity.

Reply4*replies

[https://i]ChatoyanceTom McKay

12/07/17 12:52am

Yes, all cryptocurrency has to be exponentially difficult to ‘mine’. The reason is simple: imagine what would happen if you could take any representation of wealth - say gold, for example - and just duplicate it. Make more gold from nothing, as often as you wished. Literal mountains of gold. Gold, would become more common than basalt rock. It would become worthlessly common.

THAT is why cryptocurrency is exponentially difficult - scarcity. Just like gold in the real world. The first gold found was easy - it sat on the banks of streams and rivers. Then it had to be dug for. Now it takes huge mining operations. The planet has vast amounts of gold - but it becomes harder with every passing year to dig out any more of it. It becomes... exponentially more difficult. It takes more energy, more resources. At some point, the cost for mining gold will exceed the monitary value of gold. Just like Bitcoin.

And that’s the gimmick. That is what makes cryptocurrency work at all. There is an unlimited amount of it, but it becomes exponentially harder to acquire it, thus it acts just like gold. It is the scarcity of it that makes it a functional currency... and a fabulous scam, too!

Reply5*replies

[https://i]telbereTom McKay

12/07/17 3:14am

Originally bitcoin was the quest for better math routines.

The internet in standard fashion however went MMORPG on the problem and procceded to brute force the math with d.i.y. super computers.*

technically there is nothing stopping a genius level math geek from discovering a new trick for the seven times tables so to speak, and cleaning house.

[https://i]XerophyteChatoyance

12/07/17 3:29am

You can verify transactions in other ways (the proof-of-stake stuff) and bitcoin itself can potentially be leaner. The rate of transaction isn’t directly dependent of the number of miners. The work complexity is automatically adjusted to ensure that the current mining network will produce some N blocks/week. The reward in bitcoins for generating a block is in turn halved every M blocks generated.

Mining coins is profitable-ish as long as the energy cost is below the expected value of the bitcoins mined for that same cost. Since the total coins/year is essentially fixed, the energy use will steadily increase if the value of the coins grows faster than the coins mined per year is reduced. Currently the coin value is growing way faster than the coin award is shrinking, so the energy use is going up. At some point that will likely reverse.

However, reducing the cost of mining has it’s own problems. If anyone ever manages to control over 50% of the miners they can basically manufacture their own consensus on what transactions are valid. The mining has to be sufficiently profitable to get enough competing actors that no single actor or consortium of actors can afford a majority, which means that the cost of taking over the mining has to be proportional to the value of the recent transactions.

Personally, I think that blockchains are a cool and useful distributed contract tool, and bitcoin a pretty crappy application thereof. It seems a lot likelier to me that a malevolent actor will be able to take over enough anonymously owned mining farms in China to subtly or not-so-subtly fuck up bitcoin than it does for the same to happen to the ECB or Federal Reserve. To each their own, though.

[https://i]Tom McKayChatoyance

12/07/17 4:16am

Blockchain, not the currency implementation. I know it’s always going to require more computation over time but I thought there were various ways to make sure the public ledger stuff (i.e. for records) doesn’t require anywhere near as much growth.

Reply1*replies

[https://i]Master_LockTom McKay

12/07/17 4:59am

Unfortunately Bitcoin’s standard uses a permanently fixed block size when writing transactions into the blockchain. Given the increasing demand for transactions to be processed and increasing costs to keep the blockchain functioning; miners are prioritizing which transactions are being written onto the blockchain by commission fees. In the past there have been debates about doubling the byte size of each block, which would increase the number of transactions processed and decrease the aforementioned lag, but without a centralized agency to make a decision nothing was actually implemented.

As Chatoyance wrote, yes Bitcoin by design has to be scarce in order for the currency to hold value. But Bitcoin, and all blockchain applications which want to act as currencies, also needs to perform as a medium of exchange. Meaning Bitcoin needs to be able to satisfy its users needs of moving value from user to user. If Bitcoin adopted a standard which doubled or quadrupled the size of their blocks, compensation for miners would have to be reworked. And this is where Bitcoin has always struggled with finding balanced solutions.

Analysts have been especially bearish toward recent Bitcoin valuations as it is acting like a speculative bubble, but there is potential value in blockchain applications as digital payments systems. Imagine Bitcoin is a washing machine and there is a line to use it. Right now there are too many people wanting to do their laundry but stuffing the coin slot doesn’t make it wash faster, instead it makes the line longer. And as time goes on the machine becomes less energy efficient. That’s what bitcoin is.

Reply1*replies

[https://i]LighticeTom McKay

12/07/17 5:44am

No, but the point of blockchain-based currency is that there needs to be time and effort to be sacrified to obtain it, otherwise everybody would be a bazillionaire and the money wouldn’t be worth the bits its taking off your hard drive. I’m sure that there has to be better methods than what Bitcoin elected to use, but they were the ones to start the blockchain craze, so it was to be predicted that they’d have the least polished and efficient solutions compared to those who would learn from their mistakes.

[https://i]wootyfishTom McKay

12/07/17 7:39am

You could open up Notepad hold your finger down on the 0 button and make lots of McKay coin, but nobody cares about their value.

[https://i]GizHipocrisyTom McKay

12/07/17 9:12am

Pretty amazing that people have found a way to require massive carbon-derived electricity demands literally for no reason other than to create artificial difficulty.

Load more comments

Show more comments

ShareTweet

Want Gizmodo’s email newsletter?

Subscribe

AboutNeed Help?Content GuideGizmodo StorePrivacyTerms of UseAdvertisingJobs

More from our network

[emoji767] 2017 Gizmodo Media Group

G160
12-07-2017, 09:02 PM
From your lips to God's ears - I've been saying that a lot lately lol

We're gonna end 2017 on a high note !Lol we use that sentence so much in eastern europe...

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Sqwuidd
12-07-2017, 09:38 PM
It’s there! Shit is over 16,500 right now

Electromass
12-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Wonder when its gonna plunge... a,lot of speculation going on the climb is gonna keep going but i think its gonna pop.
Mining fees are really up.

Sent from my SM-J327P using TapatalkMy thinking to

lokthai
12-07-2017, 09:52 PM
My thinking to

Sent from my XT1080 using TapatalkDid you read the article^ above your post (that i c & p). Its becoming impractical for anything but investors. Small transactions are becoming more and more useless.
I've had 8.89 dollars left over in my blockchain wallet from an order thats now(hold on it changes so fast) $14.77.
Just went up almost a dollar in last hr.

lokthai
12-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Now i just glanced again its 14.08

lokthai
12-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Now $14.00

lokthai
12-07-2017, 10:01 PM
I predict (hell why not) by midnight its down around $15,750.
Anyone else?

AngieNY
12-07-2017, 10:03 PM
I threw $150 into litecoin and its taken a shit in the last two days. Crazy thing, this year on my bday bitcoin was $1,000 (back in april)

I would suggest investing in the "penny" coins but there are so many in circulation that I dont think they'd have much of a return.

lokthai
12-07-2017, 10:06 PM
I threw $150 into litecoin and its taken a shit in the last two days. Crazy thing, this year on my bday bitcoin was $1,000 (back in april)

I would suggest investing in the "penny" coins but there are so many in circulation that I dont think they'd have much of a return.Read that article i just c&p (if you didnt).
Tell me what you think. YOUR summary.

Electromass
12-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-J327P using TapatalkJust wait until a few of the big fish try to cash out and can't, that will create a frenzy in the other direction

Electromass
12-07-2017, 10:09 PM
We are the bubble people. We love blowing big ol bubbles until they pop!

lokthai
12-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Just wait until a few of the big fish try to cash out and can't, that will create a frenzy in the other direction

Sent from my XT1080 using TapatalkHere's what i think. And its like what i read.
Its gonna crash then even out and a more practical way of the same thing will rise from the ashes.
I've wanted to cash in but i feel its too close to the end . I got interested too late cause i just found out about it here(on bop) not more than a month ago... using it cause sources were giving breaks and preferring and it made my life easier.
It made no sense from a practical small transaction every day use cause of mining fees and surcharges each direction.

Still 90% the people i mention it to irl never heard of it....

Sqwuidd
12-08-2017, 12:17 AM
Dude! It’s creeping up on 17k

kubes
12-08-2017, 01:26 AM
It's amazing!!!

kubes
12-08-2017, 01:37 AM
17,200!!!

d-man
12-08-2017, 01:41 AM
17,200!!!

I think it hit 18,750 dropped back down to 16,400 and now back up to over 17,000. Thats some serious volatility.

Electromass
12-08-2017, 01:56 AM
I think it hit 18,750 dropped back down to 16,400 and now back up to over 17,000. Thats some serious volatility.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkA fat man balancing act on a 50 foot pole

d-man
12-08-2017, 02:03 AM
A fat man balancing act on a 50 foot pole

Pretty much brother!

PAiN
12-08-2017, 02:11 AM

It may bounce around but it will always go up!

d-man
12-08-2017, 02:23 AM
It may bounce around but it will always go up!

Seems that way brother!

Cowboymike
12-08-2017, 03:13 AM

I would suggest investing in the "penny" coins but there are so many in circulation that I dont think they'd have much of a return.

The alt coins will bounce back... people are just freaking out and moving their alt coins into bitcoin...

The penny coins are the way to go... my top 3 fav right now are:

Ripple (for the long term. 5 years I’m thinking) just threw a hundred at it to get 480 coins... will see. (30.33% return so far)

ENJ, a gamer coin. (I already received 105% return in one month)

Bytecoin.... (I’m at 76% return so far)

Not rich man money by any means of course, but as far as investments, I’ve never invested in anything that offers such % in such a short amount of time... if I was a rich man and could just throw buckets of money at these, those returns would definitely be pretty significant ;0) but I’m not lol.. I don’t have much to spare so it’s fun to play around where I won’t break the bank...

They’re still affordable and fun to just drop a hundred into or you could even just play with $10-$50 in these little guys and just let it run their course without any real risk...

Just my opinion of course ;0) having fun with it... these are crazy times indeed!

kubes
12-08-2017, 03:16 AM
When it comes to this stuff I never invest more then I am prepared to loose

Cowboymike
12-08-2017, 03:18 AM
Best advice ever brother Kubes! ;0)

JJ14
12-08-2017, 03:53 AM
I have coinbase and blockchain if I'm going to leave some $ in there which one should I go with the block chain right? Usually when I transfer to block chain I send bitcoin immediately I had 5$ last night and now I got 21$

kubes
12-08-2017, 03:56 AM
I have coinbase and blockchain if I'm going to leave some $ in there which one should I go with the block chain right? Usually when I transfer to block chain I send bitcoin immediately I had 5$ last night and now I got 21$

I would always put in blockchain. Buy it from coinbase and then straight to blockchain. I would only go from blockchain to coinbase to cash it out

lokthai
12-08-2017, 05:38 AM
Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-J327P using TapatalkNotice the screen snapshot..
I wasnt too terribly far off it was damn near right where i said at midnight...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171208/db65e434588683203f3fb45a6b0a0653.jpg

lokthai
12-08-2017, 05:40 AM
And how did i know this?
Because it follows the same basic spikes and falls through the day to midnight.

Aaron
12-08-2017, 09:27 AM
come back 2months ago, 1200 low down to 800..then I picked ut out and got the news today,,,already 3times than before, bad guy

kubes
12-08-2017, 01:25 PM
It's 14,500 right now and I figured it would be. I bought last time it was below 8. If it drops this weekend to below or around 12,000 I'll drop some more money in but I'm not buying when it's high

lokthai
12-08-2017, 08:08 PM
It's 14,500 right now and I figured it would be. I bought last time it was below 8. If it drops this weekend to below or around 12,000 I'll drop some more money in but I'm not buying when it's highIm seriously doubting a drop to 12000 unless some big hack hits or really bad news (real or bullshit).
A good hyped up bullshit news story would be great! CNN's recent and continual shit of reporting before checking sources and facts would be great right about now! Lol!!!

kubes
12-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Lite coins are cheap right now I might grab a couple of those too

lokthai
12-09-2017, 12:37 AM
Lite coins are cheap right now I might grab a couple of those tooIm interested in some up & coming like IOTA. Problem is, most of these are kind of a pain in the ass to fuck with (comparatively so).

jstud
12-09-2017, 01:52 AM
Is Kraken a Coinbase alternative?

lokthai
12-09-2017, 02:20 AM
Is Kraken a Coinbase alternative?Im just already set up with coinbase but yea. I don't know that its any better or worse for transactions. They mentioned "go to coinbase blah blah.. blockchain wallet blah and blah blah" and i was totally into "fuck this shit! Its crazy! Makes no damn sense and wtf ? Has everyone lost their goddamned minds???" Yea. They have. The more i learn the more i see the whole fucking thing is absofuckinglutely insane! Its a system of insanity that keeps keeping on as long as everyone stays batshit crazy and embraces their most basic primal human instinct: greed....
My obsession is in the whole aspect of crypto tech shit period since i feel like i was forced to open my eyes to get the special sauce i needed from a special sauce supplier. Lolz

Sqwuidd
12-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Took a hit yesterday but I’m sticking w it

d-man
12-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Took a hit yesterday but I’m sticking w it

Hold steady my man. It will re up.

Fancycat69
12-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Ya man one day is nothing

Electromass
12-10-2017, 02:43 AM
And how did i know this?
Because it follows the same basic spikes and falls through the day to midnight.

These fluctuations are caused from the trading bots trading back and forth between the different crypto currencies.

lokthai
12-10-2017, 03:09 AM
These fluctuations are caused from the trading bots trading back and forth between the different crypto currencies.Well they seem to follow a pattern.
Today in the gym a guy i was bullshittin with between squat sets brought up bitcoin and said he had bought quite a few when it was $2000/btc. Said he was gonna sell when it was $12,000/btc.
I asked him if he was fucking serious and when was the last time he looked at it?
He said a few months or so. While he was talking i had took my phone out and opened coinbase showing around 15,000 and said it hit 19 the other night. "Maybe you should pay closer attention if you're gonna fuck with this kind of thing?"
Im pretty sure he shit his pants because he looked like he was ill and pretty much bolted right then and there. Must've wanted to empty his underwear outside and wipe his ass across the frozen grass and get some air on his balls.
Lol! Wtf? You're gonna get in the crypto game and check on it like a relative you hate who you placed in a goddamn nursing home???

Electromass
12-10-2017, 03:15 AM
Well they seem to follow a pattern.
Today in the gym a guy i was bullshittin with between squat sets brought up bitcoin and said he had bought quite a few when it was $2000/btc. Said he was gonna sell when it was $12,000/btc.
I asked him if he was fucking serious and when was the last time he looked at it?
He said a few months or so. While he was talking i had took my phone out and opened coinbase showing around 15,000 and said it hit 19 the other night. Maybe you should place closer attention if you're gonna fuck with this kind of thing.
Im pretty sure he shit his pants because he looked like he was ill and pretty much bolted right then and there. Must've wanted to empty his underwear outside and wipe his ass across the frozen grass and get some air on his balls.
Lol! Wtf? You're gonna get in the crypto game and check on it like a relative you hate who you placed in a goddamn nursing home???

Actually they do have a trading pattern. You can pretty much see the activity real time on a crypto currencies ticker.
it bounces around fairly rapidly, and some of the amounts being traded are not small transactions.

lokthai
12-10-2017, 03:17 AM
Actually they do have a trading pattern. You can pretty much see the activity real time on a crypto currencies ticker.
it bounces around fairly rapidly, and some of the amounts being traded are not small transactions.So you have any thoughts on Cobinhood?

Electromass
12-10-2017, 03:25 AM
So you have any thoughts on Cobinhood?

This is all new territory for currencies. If cobinhood can stick to the ideas they have then I think the platform will contribute greatly to the crypto scene. But typically over time these grand ideas get tweaked so far away from the original that it ends up being just another pile of dirt on the landscape of dirt piles....lol

lokthai
12-10-2017, 03:59 AM
This is all new territory for currencies. If cobinhood can stick to the ideas they have then I think the platform will contribute greatly to the crypto scene. But typically over time these grand ideas get tweaked so far away from the original that it ends up being just another pile of dirt on the landscape of dirt piles....lolI've been checking out gdax.com which is the uppercrust of coinbase. Supposedly they have no transfer fees.
You have to have a coinbase account to a recieve a referral. Then you get a code or some shit.
Idk. But im getting serious and the more serious i get, the more i see potential to lose money. But im not talking about money that's possible to lose through trading... no I'm talking about through these exchange sites fuck ups and half ass to zero customer support! ... lag times... just all around shit... there's potential enough to lose money through trading.
But shady, scammy, half-assed flawed system will not be the method i intend to!

As an example ; I've been through 6 sources here so far. I know who does what they say and what 3 of these suppliers products quality is on several different items (personally- to digress: im testing on myself 100mg/day mast prop. If in 10 days with my low body fat level i dont look more like a road map, granite and have prostate irritation- its off my list!). I know of the 6 who has trouble keeping up with demand and website shit etc.. ,
This is NOT a slam this is research for whom i may choose bigger better things. So basically
1k$ or a little more to do this research for best juice/most reliable is wealth worth it to save me potential future problems.
I don't intended to do the same pattern with these exchanges with any amount of my money beyond what I've already done.
I've read horror stories with these fuckers and don't plan to become one.
So im devoting fuckloads of time and thought to figuring out what is and what isnt and im always open for opinions from anyone and everyone to trigger thoughts that may not have occurred to me.
I'm miles away from when you guys here helped me with this whole bitcoin thing. Lol
I just wanted to make a purchase and sample the sauce.
Now its turned into a whole other venture I'm completely obsessed with.

Scottsummers
12-10-2017, 06:29 AM
Hi everyone.
What are you thoughts on the price dip this weekend?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Electromass
12-10-2017, 06:45 AM
I've been checking out gdax.com which is the uppercrust of coinbase. Supposedly they have no transfer fees.
You have to have a coinbase account to a recieve a referral. Then you get a code or some shit.
Idk. But im getting serious and the more serious i get, the more i see potential to lose money. But im not talking about money that's possible to lose through trading... no I'm talking about through these exchange sites fuck ups and half ass to zero customer support! ... lag times... just all around shit... there's potential enough to lose money through trading.
But shady, scammy, half-assed flawed system will not be the method i intend to!

As an example ; I've been through 6 sources here so far. I know who does what they say and what 3 of these suppliers products quality is on several different items (personally- to digress: im testing on myself 100mg/day mast prop. If in 10 days with my low body fat level i dont look more like a road map, granite and have prostate irritation- its off my list!). I know of the 6 who has trouble keeping up with demand and website shit etc.. ,
This is NOT a slam this is research for whom i may choose bigger better things. So basically
1k$ or a little more to do this research for best juice/most reliable is wealth worth it to save me potential future problems.
I don't intended to do the same pattern with these exchanges with any amount of my money beyond what I've already done.
I've read horror stories with these fuckers and don't plan to become one.
So im devoting fuckloads of time and thought to figuring out what is and what isnt and im always open for opinions from anyone and everyone to trigger thoughts that may not have occurred to me.
I'm miles away from when you guys here helped me with this whole bitcoin thing. Lol
I just wanted to make a purchase and sample the sauce.
Now its turned into a whole other venture I'm completely obsessed with.

I’m not going to deny that bitcoin could go up to 100,000 per coin...hell maybe even a million. But obviously having the trouble they’re having with this kind of volatility (17k etc,) how much more compounded will it be at say, $90,000
or even $780,000. There also have been hacks on several exchanges totaling in the billions of dollars of bitcoin, so security risks are real and do effect the price immensely. Say you’ve got a few thousand into bitcoin and your sitting on $100,000
value. For one you’ll never get $100,000 even if trading is at real time. And second, the potential for theft by hacking can and will cause the price to plummet as soon as it happens. With millions of traders running for the door at the same time, well ...you get the picture.

PAiN
12-10-2017, 06:57 AM
Hi everyone.
What are you thoughts on the price dip this weekend?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It will always go up and down but it will always go back up and eventually higher. Stocks are coming next year for it and more businesses are jumping in.

There are several ways to cash out dollar for dollar.

This is how millionaires are made. Don't sit and watch the parade go by.

lokthai
12-10-2017, 07:05 AM
I’m not going to deny that bitcoin could go up to 100,000 per coin...hell maybe even a million. But obviously having the trouble they’re having with this kind of volatility (17k etc,) how much more compounded will it be at say, $90,000
or even $780,000. There also have been hacks on several exchanges totaling in the billions of dollars of bitcoin, so security risks are real and do effect the price immensely. Say you’ve got a few thousand into bitcoin and your sitting on $100,000
value. For one you’ll never get $100,000 even if trading is at real time. And second, the potential for theft by hacking can and will cause the price to plummet as soon as it happens. With millions of traders running for the door at the same time, well ...you get the picture.Im mean it seems worse than fractional reserve banking. If all the money is called on demand, its just not there!
Reality is if even a small percentage/large enough percentage is called on demand (pretty much reiterating your statement) it is just not there and will crumble!
Theres not even the false sense of fdic.

Now i think crypto currency/s is here to stay... in some form/s but we are in its infancy and before this toddler can get up its gotta get some spankings and then ass whippings.... the question to myself is, can i survive these growing pains and make money along the way... the time to be in is early while its in infancy (to make the real money ).
But just like the automobiles was the future , very few companies survived!
Sure bitcoins hot right now. But im getting in late and will its technology become upstaged? outdated? .. there's other methods and this quantum aspect is a big one to think about...

lokthai
12-10-2017, 07:09 AM
It will always go up and down but it will always go back up and eventually higher. Stocks are coming next year for it and more businesses are jumping in.

There are several ways to cash out dollar for dollar.

This is how millionaires are made. Don't sit and watch the parade go by.If you tried to cash out 3 million today Mr. PAIN, would it be immediately available?
What's your opinion because I've read some people having difficulties with far less quantities to cash back to fiat.

kubes
12-10-2017, 02:48 PM
If you tried to cash out 3 million today Mr. PAIN, would it be immediately available?
What's your opinion because I've read some people having difficulties with far less quantities to cash back to fiat.

Your not understanding how it works. You would have to love the funds from your secure wallet through the exchange and fund it to your bank account

Xtreme4Life
12-10-2017, 03:11 PM
If you tried to cash out 3 million today Mr. PAIN, would it be immediately available?

Having it immediately is an unrealistic expectation. It doesn't work like that whether it's BTC or virtually any other traded commodity where the funds to go from the exchange you're working with to your bank account if that's the route you want to go.

Once you've sold the commodity, you wire the funds from the exchange to the bank account of your choice. This typically takes 1-3 business days.

The people having issues are probably dealing with shit exchanges like Coinbase for small amounts. Don't get me wrong, if you're not techno savvy and only using BTC to purchase goods, Coinbase is fine. If you're trading large amounts, you would have to be a fucking moron to use Coinbase.

Blades22
12-11-2017, 02:30 AM
Why would coinbase not accept my debit card for payment method????

kubes
12-11-2017, 03:03 AM

It might have been your card refusing cause it flagged it as fraud

korsaire
12-11-2017, 03:11 AM
imagine if oil country like russia and iran make bitcoin the way to sell oil contract and not us dollard like now

lokthai
12-11-2017, 08:17 AM
Your not understanding how it works. You would have to love the funds from your secure wallet through the exchange and fund it to your bank accountI believe the word you mean is "load". And i do understand that.

lokthai
12-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Having it immediately is an unrealistic expectation. It doesn't work like that whether it's BTC or virtually any other traded commodity where the funds to go from the exchange you're working with to your bank account if that's the route you want to go.

Once you've sold the commodity, you wire the funds from the exchange to the bank account of your choice. This typically takes 1-3 business days.

The people having issues are probably dealing with shit exchanges like Coinbase for small amounts. Don't get me wrong, if you're not techno savvy and only using BTC to purchase goods, Coinbase is fine. If you're trading large amounts, you would have to be a fucking moron to use Coinbase.I think ive not articulated well: the "immediate" im referring to is ie. Locking in a sell price and have that happening REAL TIME . Etc.., any lag time between locking in that price and their recognition of that transaction through their exhange could completely fuck me/you/them/everyone profit-wise.
As well; the minimum amount of crypto to cash is a substantial realistic concern (as PAIN addressed).
It is a correct assumption im not fully understanding the processs however; i am equipped with a fully functioning brain that works over time.
So anything i dont fully understand, not only WILL I- i'll surpass that above and beyond.
I never stop. I never rest. I never have. I never will. If i lose today. Ill win tomorrow. And i won't stop till my visions are reality. It's not over till the heart stops and the brain has no synapses.
Thanks for your input

kubes
12-11-2017, 01:22 PM
I think ive not articulated well: the "immediate" im referring to is ie. Locking in a sell price and have that happening REAL TIME . Etc.., any lag time between locking in that price and their recognition of that transaction through their exhange could completely fuck me/you/them/everyone profit-wise.
As well; the minimum amount of crypto to cash is a substantial realistic concern (as PAIN addressed).
It is a correct assumption im not fully understanding the processs however; i am equipped with a fully functioning brain that works over time.
So anything i dont fully understand, not only WILL I- i'll surpass that above and beyond.
I never stop. I never rest. I never have. I never will. If i lose today. Ill win tomorrow. And i won't stop till my visions are reality. It's not over till the heart stops and the brain has no synapses.
Thanks for your input

the point you make the transfer it would be moved at the current rate but it still may take 3-7 days for it to fund. If you have a significant amount of funds it would be a good idea to spread them over several wallets

Blades22
12-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Kubes any suggestions can i purchase bro with a prepaid gift card. Or do i need to go to my bank and see if i can get my card cleared to purchase the btc??? Confusing

Diesel1965
12-11-2017, 05:05 PM

Is it linked to your checking account? If so it should have taken it.

Diesel1965
12-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Kubes any suggestions can i purchase bro with a prepaid gift card. Or do i need to go to my bank and see if i can get my card cleared to purchase the btc??? Confusing

Go into coinbase under account's and attach the debt card as a form of payment to by bitcoins.

Blades22
12-11-2017, 10:21 PM
I did and yes it is linked to my chking account, and lol yes there's money in it. It keeps rejecting it

Blades22
12-11-2017, 10:22 PM
I'll try it again

jstud
12-11-2017, 10:35 PM
Find a bitcoin atm. That’s the way to go. Funds can go straight to Blockchain.

Blades22
12-11-2017, 10:35 PM
Telling me unable to verify card. Following error was returned: unable to authorize your card. Please contact your card issuer for more info

Cowboymike
12-11-2017, 11:23 PM
Telling me unable to verify card. Following error was returned: unable to authorize your card. Please contact your card issuer for more info

Mine did that before and I had to call the card issuer. I found out they shut the card down because they suspected fraud... but once I called to verify and they turned card back in and haven’t had issues since... not sure if that’s what’s happening to you or not..

Blades22
12-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Thanks ill definitely call and look into it, i gotta get modernized fucking world is passing me ip

Robocop_9
12-11-2017, 11:48 PM
Thanks ill definitely call and look into it, i gotta get modernized fucking world is passing me ip

Yeah call your bank. Mine did the same thing.

Robocop_9
12-11-2017, 11:48 PM
Transfer fees for 1 hour are stupid right now!

Robocop_9
12-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Has anyone went to custom and put in their own fee instead of paying a huge fee?
For instance I want to send $60 and it wants to charge me over $20 to send in an hour. That’s nuts!!!

Xtreme4Life
12-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Has anyone went to custom and put in their own fee instead of paying a huge fee?
For instance I want to send $60 and it wants to charge me over $20 to send in an hour. That’s nuts!!!

You can put whatever you want, it's just going to take longer. Hours or maybe even days. It's because of the volume due to all the crypto currency madness at the moment. That is the one of the biggest problems with BTC as opposed to some other cryptos out there.

Robocop_9
12-12-2017, 09:44 PM
You can put whatever you want, it's just going to take longer. Hours or maybe even days. It's because of the volume due to all the crypto currency madness at the moment. That is the one of the biggest problems with BTC as opposed to some other cryptos out there.

That’s what I was beginning to understand after I did I little reading to understand the system more. Thanks extreme

Sqwuidd
12-13-2017, 12:20 AM
It seems bitcoin are worth more in Coinbase than Blockchain - should I be letting the $ sit
In Coinbase?

Xtreme4Life
12-13-2017, 12:58 AM
It seems bitcoin are worth more in Coinbase than Blockchain - should I be letting the $ sit
In Coinbase?

Blockchain isn't an exchange. Their price is determined by the prices at other exchanges. It's really just a best guess based on current available info. The price of any crypto is going to vary from exchange to exchange based on the volume/demand at that current exchange at the moment.

Coinbase is a little nuts at the moment because it's where most of the USA crypto newbs flock to. Since there's more people wanting to buy it there than at most places, and they are willing to pay whatever the going rate is, the price is typically higher there than some other exchanges.

Herc
12-16-2017, 09:19 PM
i have some money in Bitcoin but its impossible to use at this point due to the ridiculous fees that you have to pay to move it. tried to buy something on the 10th of Dec and its still in limbo... it had about a $2 fee attached to it. Sent another one yesterday with a $6 fee attached to it and it never confirmed either. If they don't fix this issue, the value will surely crash. A currency that can't be used as a currency to buy things in a timely manner is sure to fail. Its not stocks we are buying here guys, its currency and its getting all fucked up.

kubes
12-16-2017, 09:20 PM
i have some money in Bitcoin but its impossible to use at this point due to the ridiculous fees that you have to pay to move it. tried to buy something on the 10th of Dec and its still in limbo... it had about a $2 fee attached to it. Sent another one yesterday with a $6 fee attached to it and it never confirmed either. If they don't fix this issue, the value will surely crash. A currency that can't be used as a currency to buy things in a timely manner is sure to fail. Its not stocks we are buying here guys, its currency and its getting all fucked up.

What wallet are you using? I'm not having those issues with blockchain

PAiN
12-16-2017, 10:00 PM
What wallet are you using? I'm not having those issues with blockchain

No issues with mine either. Over 19k!

Primemuscle
12-18-2017, 08:43 PM

The people having issues are probably dealing with shit exchanges like Coinbase for small amounts. Don't get me wrong, if you're not techno savvy and only using BTC to purchase goods, Coinbase is fine. If you're trading large amounts, you would have to be a fucking moron to use Coinbase.

So would Blockchain be better to try to make money instead of coinbase?

Sqwuidd
12-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Mine is climbing in value big time - I will keep it there for as long as possible - projections say 42k in 2018 ! Fuckin crazy

Amazon will start accepting it as well hopefully which will drive it way way up

Primemuscle
12-18-2017, 09:55 PM
Mine is climbing in value big time - I will keep it there for as long as possible - projections say 42k in 2018 ! Fuckin crazy

Amazon will start accepting it as well hopefully which will drive it way way up

Are you using coinbase Sqwuidd or something different?

Xtreme4Life
12-18-2017, 10:01 PM

If you're just holding onto a small amount of BTC to buy/sell stuff, then yea Blockchain is better IMO. Blockchain is not an exchange though. You can't deposit USD and exchange it for BTC or other crypto.

If you're trying to buy or sell BTC, and like to keep the info off of US soil and eventual federal access to records, Bitstamp is worth checking out IMO.

If the amount of crypto that you have is an amount that will significantly impact you if you lose it, whether financially or emotionally, and you don't plan on actively trading it, put it in cold storage. I personally like the Trezor device.

Primemuscle
12-18-2017, 10:03 PM
If you're just holding onto a small amount of BTC to buy/sell stuff, then yea Blockchain is better IMO. Blockchain is not an exchange though. You can't deposit USD and exchange it for BTC or other crypto.

If you're trying to buy or sell BTC, and like to keep the info off of US soil and eventual federal access to records, Bitstamp is worth checking out IMO.

If the amount of crypto that you have is an amount that will significantly impact you if you lose it, whether financially or emotionally, and you don't plan on actively trading it, put it in cold storage. I personally like the Trezor device.

Ok great thank you for the information

Sqwuidd
12-18-2017, 10:05 PM
Coinbase

kubes
12-19-2017, 01:08 AM
Coinbase

I’m still not understanding why you are keeping them there? You own the same amount of bitcoin no matter were it is and you have to move it back to coinbase if you decide to cash it out anyway? So it really doesn’t matter we’re it is I just leave mine in blockchain till I’m ready to spend or cash out

JJ14
12-19-2017, 08:11 PM
Ok I wanted to transfer money to blockchain but it says there is a lot of traffic and higher miner fees has anybody have issues getting money right away what was longest someone waited like 2 days? And the fees say if I wanted to send 300$ how much are the fees now 30$?

visco
12-19-2017, 08:22 PM
It's way to high right now.

JJ14
12-19-2017, 08:34 PM
It's way to high right now.Ya I know I said fuck it and did coinbase 31$ to send it's crazy

gcghost
12-19-2017, 10:37 PM
Ya I know I said fuck it and did coinbase 31$ to send it's crazy

Fucking crazy! It’ll never be useful for everyday transactions

gcghost
12-19-2017, 10:39 PM

I have funds in both, the market price differs slightly. Blockchain is more secure, coinbase is just for loading funds.

lokthai
12-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Ya I know I said fuck it and did coinbase 31$ to send it's crazy

Sent from my SM-J700T using TapatalkYea its not practical for what it was meant to be: practical user to user without the bullshit and all the surcharges.
I won't use it to make purchases with retarded high fees.
Now its just for gambling in the speculation. It'll pop... probably not till the big supposed amazon anouncement.
The whole crypto technology will be a good bet to remain.

JJ14
12-19-2017, 11:09 PM
Yea its not practical for what it was meant to be: practical user to user without the bullshit and all the surcharges.
I won't use it to make purchases with retarded high fees.
Now its just for gambling in the speculation. It'll pop... probably not till the big supposed amazon anouncement.
The whole crypto technology will be a good bet to remain.

Sent from my SM-J327P using TapatalkYa I'm not using it again till fees go down it was actually almost 40$ I just had the $ there and needed couple things and there is no atm in my area. Even if Amazon goes with it I still wouldn't use it with those fees I'll just go on Amazon and do it we have Amazon prime did all Christmas shopping there lol. Bitcoin is really convenient but I'd rather drive 5 min away and save 30$

lokthai
12-20-2017, 12:51 AM
Ya I'm not using it again. Bitcoin is really convenient but I'd rather drive 5 min away and save 30$

Ok now that's just crazy talk! Lol!

I fucking hear you. I would pay a little extra .. cause i have and it got made up on the other end. But the current situation is ridiculous.