PDA

View Full Version : Can You Really Get Bigger Muscle Lifting Lighter Weight?

Electromass
12-02-2017, 03:13 AM
https://youtu.be/yB0YhPg7o7E

AngieNY
12-02-2017, 02:13 PM
And yes, They fucked Kai...

I've long loved this sport dating back from when I was in my early 20's I knew two women who I used to train with, one was somewhat popular the other she could never catch a break and had a great physique but didnt dance to the beat of the NPC drum so she never got her procard. The other did "whatever it took" do get hers and if you watch Generation Iron 2, remember what Iris Kyle said about Female BBers. And when this chick and I talked, that's what she told me "its who you know and who you fuck" - I just wasnt willing to do that shit. I have no idea if its still that way because I'm long removed from it and plus I'm 42 so lol I guess it doesnt matter. I would love to do a masters show, its always been a dream and goal of mine to be on stage and so at least 1 show in my life time because when I was training to compete, one of the darkest days of my life removed me from the show I was training. Such is life.

Thank you for posting this.

Electromass
12-02-2017, 02:37 PM
And yes, They fucked Kai...

I've long loved this sport dating back from when I was in my early 20's I knew two women who I used to train with, one was somewhat popular the other she could never catch a break and had a great physique but didnt dance to the beat of the NPC drum so she never got her procard. The other did "whatever it took" do get hers and if you watch Generation Iron 2, remember what Iris Kyle said about Female BBers. And when this chick and I talked, that's what she told me "its who you know and who you fuck" - I just wasnt willing to do that shit. I have no idea if its still that way because I'm long removed from it and plus I'm 42 so lol I guess it doesnt matter. I would love to do a masters show, its always been a dream and goal of mine to be on stage and so at least 1 show in my life time because when I was training to compete, one of the darkest days of my life removed me from the show I was training. Such is life.

Thank you for posting this.
You know, I know that Lee Priest is a controversial figure, but that’s why I respect him so much. He refused to play their bullshit games and tow the line. I think it’s because, Much like myself....I think your merits should stand on their own without all the political bs.
To the point of heavy versus lite training, there’s been some debate on bop as to what’s better...and some misconceptions about how to build size. Heavy weight training will lead to more strength, but also compounds the injury factor.
moderate weight training can and will build size but less strength. This is why I like Jerry, advise a mix of both....especially the older we get. Because we know that Having injuries when your older sucks.

AngieNY
12-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Yep! I always loved reading his interviews when I was younger and he was usually honest as he could be about his use - I always thought the tat on his face was a bit odd but to each is own. I'm lucky enough that when I train heavy I grow, I cant really consistently train legs heavy because they will & have have gotten huge. The body part that lacks now is chest. I used to have the credit card swipe lol and I had no breast tissue left when I was single digit body fat lol which was upsetting and fucking cool at the same time. So now I train moderate but it feels like I'm not moving any weight or getting a decent work out when I dont train heavy.

And yes, being this age sucks for injuries.

You know, I know that Lee Priest is a controversial figure, but that’s why I respect him so much. He refused to play their bullshit games and tow the line. I think it’s because, Much like myself....I think your merits should stand on their own without all the political bs.
To the point of heavy versus lite training, there’s been some debate on bop as to what’s better...and some misconceptions about how to build size. Heavy weight training will lead to more strength, but also compounds the injury factor.
moderate weight training cab and will build size but less strength. This is why I like Jerry, advise a mix of both....especially the older we get. Because we know that Having injuries when your older sucks.

Blades22
12-02-2017, 02:53 PM
You have got to keep your muscles guessing period, once the adapt your done

Electromass
12-02-2017, 03:00 PM
You have got to keep your muscles guessing period, once the adapt your done
Yes, but also train to failure.

Torcha
12-02-2017, 03:37 PM
So crossfit is good.. thank fk. Been really dark and lonely in my closet...
i probably should watch the clip, but my attention span is paralell to a gold fish atm..
personally i grow from differant rep ranges according to muscle fibres. Should be noted, wat little i know is close to fuk all. P
Thank u mr copy and paste!

Electromass
12-02-2017, 03:52 PM
So crossfit is good.. thank fk. Been really dark and lonely in my closet...
i probably should watch the clip, but my attention span is paralell to a gold fish atm..
personally i grow from differant rep ranges according to muscle fibres. Should be noted, wat little i know is close to fuk all. P
Thank u mr copy and paste!
This is Another deep and profound statement that will take weeks if not months to unpack. The possibilities of meaning here are unparalleled and I for one am extremely blessed to have been involved in this one.
Thank you Mr. CrossFit!!

joko123
12-03-2017, 01:46 AM
I think progressive overload should be the basis of all programs, many programs are built around getting stronger so you can work with heavier weights in those higher rep ranges. But I agree there's more then one may to stimulate muscle growth and as your body changes and breaks down going heavy may not be the smartest.

Longevity is important if you're in this for the long haul like most of us are

Nice post electro !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babybull34
12-03-2017, 02:57 AM
Great post, Electro, and a great thread, lots of quality add-ins. I agree with you about Priest, that guy's arm to body size ratio always amazed me. Angie, sorry to hear about the BS you had to endure. I think you could definitely rock a Masters show if you put your mind to it.

Torcha
12-03-2017, 11:54 AM
This is Another deep and profound statement that will take weeks if not months to unpack. The possibilities of meaning here are unparalleled and I for one am extremely blessed to have been involved in this one.
Thank you Mr. CrossFit!!
Dwbo has a torcha codebreaking app. Avaible from my website, torchas pre baby vagina [email protected].
my thoughts go out to those who cant ingest the wealth of knowledge i have.
oh.. im held in high regard in tyre flipping and naked squats, so its 'sir crossfit'.

Kvasir
12-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Great watch

Bullcrew
12-03-2017, 06:01 PM
Buddy of mine is ALOT bigger than me but his numbers aren't near mine as far as max on upper body..his legs look like turkeys...They are huge...

Always lift for strength and power never thought about this till this post...chatted with V and he asked my numbers and said yeah he is for size....he's a monster for sure....but I was surprised I assumed. Based on size....

And injury is a good point with the heavier stuff...my right forearm feels like it has shin splints after a couple sets of 100lb dumbels....it is ok straight but if it moves it hurts....neck got strained loading for incline the other day as well while laying back on bench trying to control weight. Don't use a spotter (probably should)...

This was interisting and I had no idea......very cool to watch and love thikngs like this that you wouldn't think.

JohnDoe
12-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Progressive overload and time under tension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro