PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy bitcoins?

PAiN
12-10-2017, 10:33 PM
A list of all the places to buy bitcoin.

BitCoin ATM Bitcoin ATM Map – Find Bitcoin ATM, Online Rates (https://coinatmradar.com/)

CoinMama.com
LocalBitCoins.com
Paxful.com
CoinBase.com

Please add yours below and we will add them to the list.

DirtyKirby
12-10-2017, 10:35 PM
I buy and manage my bitcoin account on Coinbase.com
Account setup can be kinda a PIA but when you consider the safety protocols it's worth it in my mind.

kubes
12-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Bitcoin ATM in your area straight to my blockchain account

Jimring
12-24-2017, 12:23 AM
I used to buy with the circle app on droid (no fees) but the last time I tried it wouldnt work. It was great though while it lasted

toppjimie
01-03-2018, 11:39 PM
I have a wallet @ Localbitcoin.Meant someone who lives 10 minutes from me who Mines.its a easy exchange. Got to have it to buy on the DW.Cryptocurrency is the wave of the future.

TheBigGuns
01-04-2018, 03:26 AM
Personally, I feel the best way to purchase BTC for these purposes is with cash. Find someone on LocalBitcoins and text them. You will build a relationship quick. I have never been asked my name, what is for, or anything else. Hello, cash, goodbye. No credit card that links me to anything. Just my opinion

DylanB
01-06-2018, 11:11 PM
fuck coinbase. it has been over a month and i still cant get my account validiated.. phone line takes 8 + hours... and no answers via email support... i could have turned 10 grand into 40 grand by now.. but these fuckers wont approve of me... i am from new york so i cant buy bitcoins with localbitcoins for some reason =/ will look into the other sites. thanks...

kubes
01-06-2018, 11:16 PM
fuck coinbase. it has been over a month and i still cant get my account validiated.. phone line takes 8 + hours... and no answers via email support... i could have turned 10 grand into 40 grand by now.. but these fuckers wont approve of me... i am from new york so i cant buy bitcoins with localbitcoins for some reason =/ will look into the other sites. thanks...

How are you trying to validate. Took me less the a minute using my cc

DylanB
01-06-2018, 11:54 PM
How are you trying to validate. Took me less the a minute using my ccCC fee's are to high. What I did was I vertified my ID. Then I tried to add bank payment. And then it said my account was restricted please contact support... So i sent the support ticket... about 3 weeks ago.. stil lhave not heard from them... Then i call and after 4 hours of waiting i hang up.

says my account is restricted on coinbase.... and 3 weeks support ticket no response

texas.redneck
03-29-2018, 02:17 PM
I wanted to try Bitcoin but I think I misunderstood how it worked. I had done some brief research about a month ago and thought you just find a bitcoin ATM and insert cash, pay some nominal fee and then you get a receipt with an account number. I did not think any personal information was necessary, hence which is why this is becoming a popular option on the underground. However, now I'm reading and it looks like I have to download one of several different apps to choose from for my phone and then put all my personal information down in the app along with a picture of my ID. Then I use this app to go to a bitcoin ATM and buy bitcoins. That seems to completely kill the point. Does that sound right?

Gabriel Seth
04-02-2018, 05:22 AM
coinmama says not available in my area now what gives? Who to use now?

MarvelNerd
05-05-2018, 01:40 PM
I got booted by coin base for my activity? I bought and sent bitcoins like every does. I must have misunderstood the purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kubes
05-05-2018, 02:39 PM
They wouldn't boot you for buying them. Did you send some to a wallet?

I got booted by coin base for my activity? I bought and sent bitcoins like every does. I must have misunderstood the purpose.

Kvasir
05-11-2018, 10:40 PM
I have used two main methods since plunging:

xcoins instant cc purchase send immediately to a wallet. The cc I used for this (CapitalOne) has stopped allowing any cryptocurrency purchaes of any type through any site.

funds from bank to Coinbase to Blockchain. My primary method and only ever had 1 issue. Issue is that it takes at least 5 days using bank and low weekly limits using debit card. Useful, but has it's limits.

I now meet w/a local tomorrow found through localbitcoins. This ought to be interesting.

Through our email communication I asked if he'd be willing to accept interesting trades for his fee...he hasn't yet responded.

One of the next steps I'll try late tonight is to go to the blockchain onion site on the darkweb to further attempt to coinblend my $'s path.

The Tails OS, VPN, Tor Browser, PGP method to dig deep into onion sites on the darkweb has been interesting to say the least...

...going on BOP felt like the safest thing in the world to me after 5 hours in that weirdness last weekend

kubes
05-12-2018, 12:06 AM

xcoins instant cc purchase send immediately to a wallet. The cc I used for this (CapitalOne) has stopped allowing any cryptocurrency purchaes of any type through any site.

funds from bank to Coinbase to Blockchain. My primary method and only ever had 1 issue. Issue is that it takes at least 5 days using bank and low weekly limits using debit card. Useful, but has it's limits.

I now meet w/a local tomorrow found through localbitcoins. This ought to be interesting.

Through our email communication I asked if he'd be willing to accept interesting trades for his fee...he hasn't yet responded.

One of the next steps I'll try late tonight is to go to the blockchain onion site on the darkweb to further attempt to coinblend my $'s path.

The Tails OS, VPN, Tor Browser, PGP method to dig deep into onion sites on the darkweb has been interesting to say the least...

...going on BOP felt like the safest thing in the world to me after 5 hours in that weirdness last weekend

The dark web makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

JClapp
05-20-2018, 08:14 AM

How do you flip 10 to 40k?

Lou Thornstone
06-14-2018, 02:19 PM
Coimama is the WORST experience I ever had. It works only a Mastercard, the other two cards (Visa and Mastercard) stopped to be useful without explanation.
I asked why, they replied me : "for security reasons we cannot tell it to you". WTF?? Are you serious or a bunch of clowns? You blocked my card without any explanation??
And today, after over 48 hours my order was suspended, they wirte to me what follows:
"I'm afraid our verification team did not verify your account for further purchases. This means that, if you wish to continue buying digital currency you need to try another service, as, unfortunately, you won't be able to do it through Coinmama.
We cannot revise the decision, but for what it’s worth, if you are indeed unaware of what could have caused this, I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope you’ll find another service that can better serve you.
Regarding your last order, We've canceled your order and asked our processor to issue a full refund. Depending on your bank, you should see the refunded transaction within 2 to 3 business days."
Are you serious???
These guys are definetely NOT reliable, I will move on somenone else less ridiculous and more professional.
BTW, just for the sake of this post: we are talking of very very small transactions.

kubes
06-14-2018, 02:54 PM
The atm is the easiest way to go

NoXainNoGain
06-15-2018, 01:39 AM
I feel like I'm ready to make it happen using coinbase is a bit of a mission considering the limits I'm going to try local coins sounds really interesting I'll let you guys know if I'm able to come up with anything otherwise I'm looking for Bitcoin ATM

Lou Thornstone
06-15-2018, 01:05 PM

I agree, but unfortunately I actually live in a place where there are no ATMs. :(

Lou Thornstone
06-15-2018, 01:07 PM

xcoins instant cc purchase send immediately to a wallet.

Thanks for the suggestion. I registered on xcoins, now I will try it. First card refused (VISA), hope to have more success with Mastercard.

Kvasir
06-15-2018, 06:35 PM
Everythine I used any card on an international coin site it will be blocked the first time.

If card used allows crypto purchases (they all don't) I will then call the card CS up after denial and they approve. Or I call the card CS 1st to alert them that an international purchase is forthcoming

Jimring
06-16-2018, 03:05 PM
disregard this was meant as a privt message

9TMARE
03-19-2019, 05:58 PM
For the atm do you need to create some kind of account? Or do you just need a wallet like Blockchain. The ATM you must insert cash correct?
Thank you

hamsy523
03-20-2019, 12:43 AM
For the atm do you need to create some kind of account? Or do you just need a wallet like Blockchain. The ATM you must insert cash correct?
Thank you

At the Bitcoin ATM all you need is your ID, phone, and the receivers Bitcoin address which you use an app to make it into a QR code before hand.
You literally walk up to the ATM and select add money, if it asks if it’s your account just select yes. You will then enter your phone number and they send you a numerical code so you can proceed. You then scan your ID, scan the QR code and start feeding the machine cash.
Ok now here is the catch and I have yet to figure this out, the machine does not, or I haven’t seen it, offer the fee. So not only is the exchange rate a issue you need to make sure you either find out the ATM fee or I would tack on an extra few dollars.
I would love to hear someone else’s take on this because both of my experiences were not good. I ended up loosing money.

9TMARE
03-20-2019, 04:46 AM
At the Bitcoin ATM all you need is your ID, phone, and the receivers Bitcoin address which you use an app to make it into a QR code before hand.
You literally walk up to the ATM and select add money, if it asks if it’s your account just select yes. You will then enter your phone number and they send you a numerical code so you can proceed. You then scan your ID, scan the QR code and start feeding the machine cash.
Ok now here is the catch and I have yet to figure this out, the machine does not, or I haven’t seen it, offer the fee. So not only is the exchange rate a issue you need to make sure you either find out the ATM fee or I would tack on an extra few dollars.
I would love to hear someone else’s take on this because both of my experiences were not good. I ended up loosing money.

Thank you very much for this explanation! So my blockchain wallet should have the QR code to scan I’m guessing. I watch a few you-tubes on the types of ATM around me. It looks somewhat simple but like you said the fees are probably hidden if there are any at all. I’m sure there’s some fee so bring a little extra cash I suppose.

rollingwinter
03-23-2019, 08:41 PM
Thank you very much for this explanation! So my blockchain wallet should have the QR code to scan I’m guessing. I watch a few you-tubes on the types of ATM around me. It looks somewhat simple but like you said the fees are probably hidden if there are any at all. I’m sure there’s some fee so bring a little extra cash I suppose.

Yes, if your wallet website/app does not have a QR code, you can easily generate one by copying your address into a QR code generator. As for the fees, they usually are baked into the spread. Running a crypto ATM is hella profitable as you can markup your inventory by 5-15% from what the prevailing exchanges are at and the second someone buys from your inventory, you replenish on the exchanges.

Fatherof2
05-18-2019, 10:15 PM
Thank you

I used a Bitcoin ATM for the first time last night (I'm a noob). I had to enter my phone number, got a code, fired up my Blockchain wallet and clicked on "request". That opened a QR code that the ATM scanned.

The fees, for $20, was 12% + $3 for transactions $20-$99. I was just testing it out so I think I got something like $14.65 in Bitcoin.

samgraves82
12-24-2019, 02:27 PM
Does coinmama put a hold like coinbase?

list request and order @ h-as.******@tutamail.com

thebear
12-24-2019, 02:47 PM
Btc atm, but I don’t like those as your btc sit in your wallet and go up and down.

Cash app [emoji3581]

samgraves82
12-24-2019, 02:52 PM
Btc atm, but I don’t like those as your btc sit in your wallet and go up and down.

Cash app [emoji3581]My cash app is all Fd up. Atm it is

thebear
12-24-2019, 02:56 PM
My cash app is all Fd up. Atm it is

Why is it FUKD up?

samgraves82
12-24-2019, 04:44 PM
Why is it FUKD up?Assuming for letting people put too much money at once. Let somebody "borrow" it while theres was blocked

johnnytats
02-08-2020, 01:59 AM
Absolutely duck coinbase..apparently I'm not who I say I am wtf

ancientearth75
01-19-2021, 07:11 PM
Grets thread brothers.So why does the Btc atm ask for your phone number and ID?I just got my BTC wallet or should i say wallets....theres 4 of them showing.

teejey
01-20-2021, 10:42 AM
Grets thread brothers.So why does the Btc atm ask for your phone number and ID?I just got my BTC wallet or should i say wallets....theres 4 of them showing.It's fine bro. Send the btc to an anonymous wallet first before vender. Most places to,get btc require ID.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

vzzbks
08-08-2023, 01:16 AM
All I can say is don’t use PayPal. I bought bitcoin and it will not let me transfer to external wallet. I contacted support (who take hours to get back to you) and they said it was their security that was blocking the transfer and to wait for 48 hours and try again. 48 hours later, transfer fails and I have to wait hours for support again just to have them tell me I have to wait 24 hours and try again.

vzzbks
08-08-2023, 11:20 PM
I was getting nowhere with the online support so got on the phone with PayPal. They tried but we’re unable to transfer my bitcoin to an external wallet. So I sold it and transferred the money back into my account. I’ll have to try again, was thinking of using RobinHood and then transfer to external wallet.