PDA

View Full Version : I'm back bitches!

just1more
01-02-2012, 05:23 AM
lol, nice title huh. God I'm lame....... Anywase this friday will be my first day truely training again since I had my acl surgery. I'm alittle freeked out because the last thing I wanna do is hurt my knee again, but I love this sport so much I gotta push through my fears. It would be awesome to hear fellow fighters who have had serious injuries, and went back to training and fighting. Tell me how you overcame both your mental and physical wounds.

AlteredBeast
01-02-2012, 06:17 AM
I tore my ACL several years back playing basketball and had reconstructive surgery (the rehab on it actually got me into bodybuilding) then I tore it again doing Jiu-Jitsu about 18 months ago and now my ACL is still torn along with my meniscus. I don't really have too many problems in my lifting with it being injured (other than squats), but it has pretty much halted my boxing and mma (I have been boxing for 15 years). Just get your legs as strong as possible before going too hard on the mats or you could risk tearing it again. That's my .02 bro. Good luck with your training and recovery!

goodfella
01-02-2012, 06:27 AM
try to avoid doing "just one more" lol. I wish you the best back tho brother! let us know how the first day back goes.

just1more
01-02-2012, 07:07 AM
"I tore my ACL several years back playing basketball and had reconstructive surgery (the rehab on it actually got me into bodybuilding) then I tore it again doing Jiu-Jitsu about 18 months ago and now my ACL is still torn along with my meniscus. I don't really have too many problems in my lifting with it being injured (other than squats), but it has pretty much halted my boxing and mma (I have been boxing for 15 years). Just get your legs as strong as possible before going too hard on the mats or you could risk tearing it again. That's my .02 bro. Good luck with your training and recovery!"

-Dude it sounds like your knee is fucked. You should get that bad boy repaired before you start walking around like Quasimodo. Thanks for the kind words.

"try to avoid doing "just one more" lol. I wish you the best back tho brother! let us know how the first day back goes."

-Bro I have such a problem with only going like 75%. I always give everything 100%, which can be good with some things but with others can be very, very, very, bad...... very