PDA

View Full Version : I tried out a Float tank today...not bad!

Anzel
12-13-2017, 11:41 PM
So if you don't know what it is, a float tank is a chamber that is filled with 10" of water and loaded with 900lbs of Epsom salts. The lid closes and it's pitch black. The water is 94 deg. Same as your skin and so is the outside air.
You get in and the salt won't let you sink so you just float and it's so dark you just feel like you are floating in space. Since the water and air are perfect temp you can't tell what part of you is in water or not.
You lose track of time quickly. And you can fall asleep or at least feel really relaxed.

For my first float I don't think I fell asleep. Although it's possible I did. That s what's so great about it...you c ant be sure of much. I r emeber feeling extremely relaxed. Being in pitch black on this case felt calming and relieving.

When the session was done I got out and showered...i felt very calm and relaxed. I plan on going a few more times because you do need to get the hang of it. My mind is always going and I can never just let go. That s the reason I tried it out.

Floating is alot like meditation in that you can focus on your breathing and clear your mind. In fact, floating is probably a good way to learn to meditate.

Also it is great for recovery of sore muscle from weight training. Epsom salts have been used for a very long time as an agent to soak injured joints in. With 900 lbs of it mixed in the water you will definitely get a good dose of this mineral into those aching joints!

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.ru representative

Visit Puritysourcelabs.ru or PM me.

superdrolgyno
12-14-2017, 12:48 AM
I tried it. Just couldnt calm down. But i just recently developed an anxiety disorder. Im sure that was the cause of my issue.

ihab_warrior11
12-14-2017, 12:53 AM
Wow that looks fun man I searched on yelp around me I didn't find any of this am in Florida I thought that would be in spas or something where did u try this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thor I Am
12-14-2017, 02:13 AM
I am doing one now!!!! Ha ha, seriously though, I take an epsom bath 2 times a month w/3 lb bag added. It is great for the joints. What you are doing sounds GREAT! I would like to just clear the mind and float. I am going to have to locate one of those and give it a go!

Xtreme4Life
12-14-2017, 02:17 AM
I've always wanted to try that. How long were you in there for?

Weapon X
12-14-2017, 05:00 AM
Very cool experience. Sensory Deprivation Chamber. 19207

Anzel
12-14-2017, 06:51 AM
Wow that looks fun man I searched on yelp around me I didn't find any of this am in Florida I thought that would be in spas or something where did u try this ?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIn NJ...i know of 2 places that have float pods here in NJ. I asked the owner about it cause it's big in the west...colorado and California. Turns out the owner is from Colorado. He says we will start seeing more and more of these places pop up over the next few years.

Anzel

Anzel
12-14-2017, 06:53 AM
I've always wanted to try that. How long were you in there for?Quick shower before you go in. 90 min in the float tank..quick shower afterward.

Anzel
12-14-2017, 06:55 AM
Very cool experience. Sensory Deprivation Chamber. 19207I was young but I remember this movie! I was thinking about it while I was in there!
That's how long float pods have been around!

Anzel

bulk_cut
12-14-2017, 09:19 AM
I think I would seriously freak out as soon as they closed the lid and I was in complete darkness. Do they have some way of getting out if that happens?

benlash74
12-14-2017, 09:44 AM
I think I would seriously freak out as soon as they closed the lid and I was in complete darkness. Do they have some way of getting out if that happens?

Nope. Panic attack sets in and you come out a crazed lunatic. Haha. I'm with ya man. I would not like it. Claustrophobic as fuck.

Anzel
12-15-2017, 01:17 PM
I think I would seriously freak out as soon as they closed the lid and I was in complete darkness. Do they have some way of getting out if that happens?It's not like you think. First of all you have a room all to yourself and you control everything. You can lay in the tank and leave the door/lid open if u want. Then you close the lid and there are these cool lights that you control. You can leave the lights on if you want.
But even in total darkness there is plenty of room. You don't feel closed in. And you float in this nice 95 deg. Water and you feel relaxed right away.

Anzel

bnj
04-04-2018, 10:41 PM
definitely sounds like it would be extremely relaxing, going to search if there is a place around me that has it.

Tigar
04-05-2018, 12:25 AM
Is there a glory hole in the tank?

SophiiVass
04-05-2018, 06:22 PM
heard they are very good

SophiiVass
04-05-2018, 06:23 PM
yet to try one yet!

Anzel
04-07-2018, 02:43 PM
It's relaxing after going 3 or 4 times....it takes getting used to it. Like anything else in life....

graysqwrl
08-28-2018, 08:05 PM
They are amazing for you both mentally and physically. I've been doing them regularly for most of 2018. I have 2 small kids at home, so it's nice to have a quiet place to go once in a while :)