PDA

View Full Version : Anybody slappin raw eggs in their protein?

Sweatnosejackson
01-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Just curious. I can use all the cheap protein I can get my hands on. How bout the likelyhood of salmonella? Any thoughts?

PAiN
01-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Nope not here. I eat up to a dozen every morning whites and yolks so I never put them in my shakes.

goodfella
01-02-2012, 09:39 PM
this one guy i've been working wit told me about how he was just putting his raw eggs in a shake with like peanut butter and sum other shit. said that's all he uses for protein.

gym66
01-03-2012, 12:38 AM
I drink liquid egg whites out of the container

paolo123
01-03-2012, 01:06 AM
everyday brotha..
this is my protein drink:
2 scoops of protein
big ass chunk of penut butter
half banana
1 egg white
1 strawberry
1/4 cup oatmeal
milk fat free
ice

Roaddkingg
01-03-2012, 02:55 AM
I have been putting a egg in my protein drink for years.
I'm with you in the fact I always looked at it as more protein.
I make up a big blender full and drink on it throughout the day.
2 scoops of protein.
1 egg
1 banana
1 cut up apple
about 12 or so strawberries
1 scoop creatine
1 scoop branch chain amino's
a small squirt of strawberry syrup(more calories)
Whole milk and blend
I look at it as I get a lot of my carb's, protein and calories. Sometimes I even add a few splashes of olive oil for even more calories.
This drink is really tasty, thick and I dont drink it all at once. Sometimes even add 2 scoops of bulk up but then we're talking really thick.Even been known to add glutamine.

goodfella
01-03-2012, 07:19 PM
everyday brotha..
2 scoops of protein
half banana
1 egg white
1 strawberry
1/4 cup oatmeal
milk fat free
ice

ha alright, I gotta give this a try! yours sounds the same as my friends!

goodfella
01-03-2012, 07:21 PM
I have been putting a egg in my protein drink for years.
I'm with you in the fact I always looked at it as more protein.
I make up a big blender full and drink on it throughout the day.
2 scoops of protein.
1 egg
1 banana
1 cut up apple
about 12 or so strawberries
1 scoop creatine
1 scoop branch chain amino's
a small squirt of strawberry syrup(more calories)
Whole milk and blend
I look at it as I get a lot of my carb's, protein and calories. Sometimes I even add a few splashes of olive oil for even more calories.
This drink is really tasty, thick and I dont drink it all at once. Sometimes even add 2 scoops of bulk up but then we're talking really thick.Even been known to add glutamine.

hmm I'm gunna have to give this a go too!

paolo123
01-03-2012, 07:25 PM
everyday brotha..
2 scoops of protein
half banana
1 egg white
1 strawberry
1/4 cup oatmeal
milk fat free
ice

i have 2 of these a day. im actually going to make one now.lol:p

LexLuger
08-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Makin me hungry!! Lol.

qbfavre
08-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Check into liquid egg whites...they come in a gallon tub and are salmonella free so you can drink them straight, make an omlete, etc.

dark_venom
08-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Check into liquid egg whites...they come in a gallon tub and are salmonella free so you can drink them straight, make an omlete, etc.

QB beat me to it, but I agree, the liguid eggs are shipped in ice packs to stay cool during shipping and they're pastuerized (sp?). You'd be surprised how fas you go through a gallon.

Roaddkingg
08-16-2012, 10:25 PM
I have been putting raw eggs in my protein drinks for years and never worry about salmonila.
I also dont see the benifit of just the egg whites. I have read where the whole egg is better and actually the yolk has the most protein and minerals in it.

PAiN
08-16-2012, 10:35 PM
I have been putting raw eggs in my protein drinks for years and never worry about salmonila.
I also dont see the benifit of just the egg whites. I have read where the whole egg is better and actually the yolk has the most protein and minerals in it.

Same here I always use the whole egg.

ftwpin
08-17-2012, 06:19 PM
The fats from the whole egg will help your body absorb all those nutrients! I've read somewhere that when eating raw eggs your body only uses some of the protein. I forget the reasoning behind it though.

qbfavre
08-18-2012, 04:01 AM

Well...they do have most of the vitamins..namely vitamin A/D/E/K.

But, they contain all of the egg's fat and cholesterol. A table with detailed nutrient information and percentages can be found here: http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

Roaddkingg
08-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Well...they do have most of the vitamins..namely vitamin A/D/E/K.

But, they contain all of the egg's fat and cholesterol. A table with detailed nutrient information and percentages can be found here: http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html
That was a very interesting read. As I thought though the yolks are very good. I know I get some fat but some fat is good and as it said most of the vittamins and minerals are in the yolk.
This may sound funny but I also look at it like this. I dont waste anything when it comes to food and I wouldnt want to toss what I feel is the most important part for all the reason listed in that article.
Thanks for sharing.

Roaddkingg
08-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Yea Goodfella give it a go.
You will love it. Like I said it's real thick and I make mine with enough protein so I can drink on it through out the day.
I make a whole blender full in the a.m and have it all consumed by evening.
You get all kinds of carbs, calories, protein and tons of vitamins & minerals.

martialartsman
08-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Always used them, didnt know you could buy them as liquid, where would I find hem?

c_so19
08-21-2012, 02:05 AM
I think ill stick to the shakes and eating right.

neverfail
08-21-2012, 08:49 PM
First came across these at the Arnold Classic Expo 2009 and been using ever since.

cjp847
09-17-2012, 02:48 AM
I use to mix eggs and grape juice together. Not as bad as you think!

pinstripe yank
09-17-2012, 06:20 AM
used to get gallons of egg whites and with a turkey baster load em up in my shakes........hated it though