PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good pre-workout drink

xmuscle
01-02-2012, 11:14 PM
I"m currently using cellucore c4 pre-workout drink I like too switch it up every month..what is your favorite drink b4 hitting the gym?

martin
01-02-2012, 11:37 PM
I have been using 3d jacked for about two months now but am looking to switch up to somthing new 2. the 3d jacked worked pretty good for me. I just want to try somthing new for a couple months and then i prob get back on 3d again.

csmilz9
01-03-2012, 01:10 AM
I've heard great reviews about DS Craze. I just ordered some to try it out. Will let you know how it is

telmon1
01-03-2012, 01:18 AM
I just switched to cellucore C4....lovin it!

xmuscle
01-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Sounds goood...

xmuscle
01-03-2012, 02:55 AM
I've heard great reviews about DS Craze. I just ordered some to try it out. Will let you know how it is

Sounds good brother...

xmuscle
01-03-2012, 03:01 AM
I have been using 3d jacked for about two months now but am looking to switch up to somthing new 2. the 3d jacked worked pretty good for me. I just want to try somthing new for a couple months and then i prob get back on 3d again.

They took something out of that jacked 3d...the old one was crazy stuff..

superbee
01-03-2012, 03:41 AM
I just use that Kymera energy shot stuff and it works good for energy.. Not a believer in spending money on those Nitric oxide preworkout stuff

Bigbully
01-03-2012, 04:58 AM
Nitraflex by G.A.T.

drrockzo
01-03-2012, 06:09 AM
i have some of this. Best Pre-wo on market. Insane focus, clean energy, and pumps. No crash and energy is not jittery. I can always get more weight on sets and more reps. Only downside is your body does get used to it, and becomes less effective over time.

Nasty81Nate
01-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Hemo Rage Black is by far the strongest I've tried....just don't take it to late on the day or u will have trouble sleepIng. Also 1MR work well too. I've found that it's good to have several on hand, because your body gets use to one formula after a couple weeks and it's not as effective, do I just rotate 2 or 3 every couple weeks.

Roaddkingg
01-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Have you tried the gaspari product super pump 250?
I like it real well and also have been satisfied with the jacked.
I had samples of the 1 more rep and it seemed good also.

colochine
01-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Point of clarification: Jack3d is pronounced JACKED... Not 3d jacked or Jack 3D...its just jacked.

But I've been taking cellucor c4 it's some pretty good stuff I have to take like 3 scoops but it makes my face tingle nicely.

A buddy is running ACG3 he is really impressed with that, I might give that a go after the c4.

Patriot1405
01-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Point of clarification: Jack3d is pronounced JACKED... Not 3d jacked or Jack 3D...its just jacked.

But I've been taking cellucor c4 it's some pretty good stuff I have to take like 3 scoops but it makes my face tingle nicely.

A buddy is running ACG3 he is really impressed with that, I might give that a go after the c4.

Never heard of those two. Have to get out more!! Lol... Ive always used 1MR, works pretty well, 30min prior to gym.

Mountain Monster
01-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Super pump is my preferred preworkout with a good dose of waxy maize pre and intra- workout.makes a huge difference for me.

colochine
01-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Never heard of those two. Have to get out more!! Lol... Ive always used 1MR, works pretty well, 30min prior to gym.

Patriot 1mr is some good stuff too, I had some samples of that and it really got me pumped.

It is however pretty expensive per serving but its definitely worth it if you got the cash.

Patriot1405
01-03-2012, 05:08 PM
I buy most of my supps online, much cheaper. I usually buy the twin pack of 1mr, comes with a free tee shirt. I believe it's 60.00 shipped, not too bad for two tubs. I must have a dozen of those shirts though! Lol

pips
01-03-2012, 05:18 PM
1mr didnt do crap 4 me but super pump 250 is the shit i was looking threw this thread to see if anyone was gonna mention it lol

tilltheend
01-03-2012, 05:30 PM
I have heard good things about this product here is some info on it.

Controlled Labs Purple Wraath

Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy.

Sound too good to be true? Keep reading...

We all know that supplements are not a replacement for nutrition and training, but if you are looking for a supplement to enhance every part of your workout and take your gains to the next level... look no further than Purple Wraath by Controlled Labs.

PurplEAA Complex:

The Purple Wraath PurplEAA Complex is a very efficient formula based on the science of actual homo sapiens muscle protein and clinical studies on human amino acid assimilation. Essential Amino Acids (EAA's) are the "building blocks" of lean muscle mass, but the EAA's from whey protein can take hours to enter circulation. The solution is the Purple Wraath fast-acting, free-form PurplEAA Complex:

While essential amino acids function cohesively as a group to aid in your training, additionally they each produce a significant benefit when it comes training:

Leucine:
- Primary anabolic trigger
- Enhance recovery
- Optimize hormone levels

Valine:
- Energy
- Recovery
- Glucose production
- Nitrogen balance
- Anti-inflammatory
- Analgesic

Isoleucine:
- Energy
- Recovery
- Glucose production
- Hormones

Lysine:
- Beta-oxidation
- Nitrogen balance
- Calcium absorption
- Energy

Arginine:
- Vasodilator
- Nutrient delivery
- Anti-Catabolic

Histidine:
- Vasodilator
- Sexual function

Threonine:
- Nutrient uptake
- Immune system

Methionine:
- Enhance metabolism
- Energy
- Mood
- Antioxidant

Phenylalanine:
- Energy
- Hormones
- Mood

It's important to understand that our EAA Complex includes all of the BCAA's (Branched Chain Amino Acids) that you have used in the past, including a precise ratio of leucine. Research shows that blood levels of these KEY amino acids are directly related to muscle protein synthesis, so we formulated a comprehensive and efficient matrix to enhance lean mass directly and indirectly, and under various conditions. Now, that ratio is important, but there are some other very exciting points about this formula. Unlike some of the amino acid supplements on the market, you aren't paying for cheap "filler" ingredients such as dextrose or maltodextrin when you purchase Purple Wraath. Also, we chose not to include the amino acid glutamine since it is not an essential amino acid, and our bodies can synthesize it on its own in sufficient quantities. Because the studies that we based this formula off of do not use tryptophan and since it has the potential for "sedative" like side affects, we designed Purple Wraath to be completely tryptophan-free.

By combining intense exercise or weightlifting with the fast absorbing PurplEAA Complex you can rush nutrients into the active cells of your working muscles, creating an anabolic environment optimal for recovery and lean mass.

What would an EAA product be without some amazing support ingredients? Good, but not great. To make this formula great we added the PurplEndurance Complex.

PurplEndurance Complex:

You can't create an optimal anabolic environment without intensity so Controlled Labs decided to take things to the extreme with Purple Wraath by including the ultimate caffeine-free Ergogenic Complex:

So what does each of the ingredients in the PurplEndurance Complex do?

Beta-Alanine:
- Helps increase aerobic efficiency
- Helps enhance oxygen transport
- Helps to reduce lactic acid accumulation

Citrulline Malate:
- Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia
- Boosts energy production
- Has an oxygen sparing effect
- Boosts mitochondrial function

Betaine Anhydrous:
- Is a key osmotic/cellular hydration ingredient
- Enhances muscle fullness
- Acts as an energy enzyme protector
- Induces the conversion of homocysteine to methionine
- Elevates glutathione levels
- Promotes liver health
- Helps you maintain intracellular electrolytes
- Enhances metabolism

Ginger:
- Aids in nutrient absorption
- Enhances digestion/stomach function
- Produces a nootropic effect

Norvaline:
- Helps elevate naturally occurring eNOS

Other Ingredients: Grape Flavor, Silicon Dioxide, Malic Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Bilberry Extract

Directions: Combine 1-2 scoops of Purple Wraath with 6-14 oz. of water, and consume it pre-workout or over an extended period of time (pre-workout, during your workout, and post-workout). Shake well before drinking. For best results, Purple Wraath should be used in conjunction with other Controlled Labs products, with at least 1-2 gallons of water per day, and a high protein/moderate carbohydrate diet

shoestring
01-03-2012, 05:36 PM
I like the jack3d as well. Switched to Halo and love it!

goodfella
01-03-2012, 07:27 PM
FBX orange flavor, from max muscle.

xmuscle
01-03-2012, 09:23 PM
I have heard good things about this product here is some info on it.

Controlled Labs Purple Wraath

Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy.

Sound too good to be true? Keep reading...

We all know that supplements are not a replacement for nutrition and training, but if you are looking for a supplement to enhance every part of your workout and take your gains to the next level... look no further than Purple Wraath by Controlled Labs.

PurplEAA Complex:

The Purple Wraath PurplEAA Complex is a very efficient formula based on the science of actual homo sapiens muscle protein and clinical studies on human amino acid assimilation. Essential Amino Acids (EAA's) are the "building blocks" of lean muscle mass, but the EAA's from whey protein can take hours to enter circulation. The solution is the Purple Wraath fast-acting, free-form PurplEAA Complex:

While essential amino acids function cohesively as a group to aid in your training, additionally they each produce a significant benefit when it comes training:

Leucine:
- Primary anabolic trigger
- Enhance recovery
- Optimize hormone levels

Valine:
- Energy
- Recovery
- Glucose production
- Nitrogen balance
- Anti-inflammatory
- Analgesic

Isoleucine:
- Energy
- Recovery
- Glucose production
- Hormones

Lysine:
- Beta-oxidation
- Nitrogen balance
- Calcium absorption
- Energy

Arginine:
- Vasodilator
- Nutrient delivery
- Anti-Catabolic

Histidine:
- Vasodilator
- Sexual function

Threonine:
- Nutrient uptake
- Immune system

Methionine:
- Enhance metabolism
- Energy
- Mood
- Antioxidant

Phenylalanine:
- Energy
- Hormones
- Mood

It's important to understand that our EAA Complex includes all of the BCAA's (Branched Chain Amino Acids) that you have used in the past, including a precise ratio of leucine. Research shows that blood levels of these KEY amino acids are directly related to muscle protein synthesis, so we formulated a comprehensive and efficient matrix to enhance lean mass directly and indirectly, and under various conditions. Now, that ratio is important, but there are some other very exciting points about this formula. Unlike some of the amino acid supplements on the market, you aren't paying for cheap "filler" ingredients such as dextrose or maltodextrin when you purchase Purple Wraath. Also, we chose not to include the amino acid glutamine since it is not an essential amino acid, and our bodies can synthesize it on its own in sufficient quantities. Because the studies that we based this formula off of do not use tryptophan and since it has the potential for "sedative" like side affects, we designed Purple Wraath to be completely tryptophan-free.

By combining intense exercise or weightlifting with the fast absorbing PurplEAA Complex you can rush nutrients into the active cells of your working muscles, creating an anabolic environment optimal for recovery and lean mass.

What would an EAA product be without some amazing support ingredients? Good, but not great. To make this formula great we added the PurplEndurance Complex.

PurplEndurance Complex:

You can't create an optimal anabolic environment without intensity so Controlled Labs decided to take things to the extreme with Purple Wraath by including the ultimate caffeine-free Ergogenic Complex:

So what does each of the ingredients in the PurplEndurance Complex do?

Beta-Alanine:
- Helps increase aerobic efficiency
- Helps enhance oxygen transport
- Helps to reduce lactic acid accumulation

Citrulline Malate:
- Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia
- Boosts energy production
- Has an oxygen sparing effect
- Boosts mitochondrial function

Betaine Anhydrous:
- Is a key osmotic/cellular hydration ingredient
- Enhances muscle fullness
- Acts as an energy enzyme protector
- Induces the conversion of homocysteine to methionine
- Elevates glutathione levels
- Promotes liver health
- Helps you maintain intracellular electrolytes
- Enhances metabolism

Ginger:
- Aids in nutrient absorption
- Enhances digestion/stomach function
- Produces a nootropic effect

Norvaline:
- Helps elevate naturally occurring eNOS

Other Ingredients: Grape Flavor, Silicon Dioxide, Malic Acid, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Bilberry Extract

Directions: Combine 1-2 scoops of Purple Wraath with 6-14 oz. of water, and consume it pre-workout or over an extended period of time (pre-workout, during your workout, and post-workout). Shake well before drinking. For best results, Purple Wraath should be used in conjunction with other Controlled Labs products, with at least 1-2 gallons of water per day, and a high protein/moderate carbohydrate diet

Controlled labs makes some quality stuff

SteroidUser
01-05-2012, 11:07 PM
just a warning, jack3d will give you limp dick for a few hours after you take it.

csmilz9
01-06-2012, 12:45 AM
just wanted to let you guys know I got my Craze today and it's fucking awesome. I've tried me all and usually get good results the first few times but this stuf had me focused like I couldn't believe. Energy isn't slap you in the face caffiene either. I suggest you try it!

I saw purple wrath as a choice but it's not really s pre workout. It's an intra workout mix and is very good too!

SteroidUser
01-06-2012, 01:05 AM
csmiilz9 im gonna try craze next. saw the reviews, so far so good.

akhusker
01-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Jacked is probably my favorite but if you want to save money be certain you know whats giving you that great focused workout with great pumps is best and cheapest to buy the products that make up pre-workout supplements. In Jack3d you have:

1. L-Arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (AAKG) - Arginine Alphaketoglutarate is the supplement that is responsible for the “pump” that comes along with using Jack3d. Arginine is the precursor for the creation of nitric oxide, which is one of the more powerful vasodilators in the body and helps provide additional blood flow to the muscles. AAKG has also been shown in studies to increase the building of muscles through quicker protein turnover, and to increase the blood levels of growth hormone. You can get tons of this stuff super cheap online about 100 grams for $10. Dosages vary from 1-5 grams

2. Schizandrol a - also spelled shizandrol a, is an effective component of the dried fruit, schizandra chinesis bail. Studies have found that schizandrol A inhibits the central nervous system, while elevating dopamine and dopac. This enhances mood, especially when paired with a CNS stimulant, such as caffeine or 1,3-dimethylamylamine. Benefits - Elevated mood, Enhances central nervous system stimulant effects and Increased concentration.Schizandrol A Dosage - Start with 50-100mg doses of schizandrol A to assess your tolerance level. Only increase you dosage once you are comfortable with 50-100mg doses. You can get 10 grams for $10-$15.

3. 1,3-dimethylamylamine - which is also known as DMAA or geranium stem, is a naturally occurring stimulant that works much like a stronger version of caffeine. Supplementing with DMAA prior to training or weightlifting will provide the user with an energy surge thanks to the stimulatory effects on the adrenals, which release epinephrine. As with caffeine, 1,3-dimethylamylamine also has very positive effects on focus and cognition and provides users with the “in the zone” feeling during training sessions and competitions. The main upside is that since DMAA is produced from a plant extract, it has very low toxicity for the body and is regarded as quite safe at the recommended dosing range of 25 to 50mg, taken about 30 minutes prior to training.

4. Caffeine - Everyone know about caffeine so it doesn't need explaining. You can drink coffee or buy caffeine powder. You can get 25 g. for $10 and 1/16 of a teaspoon has 105mg so you would need about 1/8 of a teaspoon.

For quite awhile I was just taking L-Carnitine pills and they rocked my world, at $7 for 100 pills at 500mg I was taking 2 pills before my workout and that was plenty.

So for a killer focused workout I would start off small by taking
500mg L-Carnitine
50-100mg Schizandrol A
200mg Caffeine (2 cups of coffee or 1 really strong cup) or 1/8 teaspoon of caffeine powder
or 25-50mg 1,3 dimethylamylamine

So for the price of 1-2 containers of Jacked that will last about 15-30 days you can buy enough product to last you easily 90 days!! Plus you can vary your intake of each product to fit your workout and focus!

just1more
01-06-2012, 03:48 AM
Redline extreme. Shit makes me crazy!

Pointer1
01-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Love Jackd but have grown a high tolerance. I recently tried 1MR which is ok and MP Assault which is pretty darn good! I am going to try C4 soon.

martin
01-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Just started taking C4 Extreme it worked good the first workout but now i dont feel it working and have even gone up to 2 scoops. I need somthing stronger.

Reaper
01-16-2012, 05:43 PM
just a warning, jack3d will give you limp dick for a few hours after you take it.
Really ?
This has never happend to me. I've ran Jack3d and Fucked within the 2 hours after taking it. Maybe I did not have the limp dick problem due to the high levels of Test I'm on. But I also use jack3d off cycle and can't recall ever having a problem with not getting it up.

xmuscle
01-16-2012, 06:29 PM
^ how is that craze working for you?

xmuscle
01-16-2012, 06:33 PM
how is that craze working so far?

just wanted to let you guys know I got my Craze today and it's fucking awesome. I've tried me all and usually get good results the first few times but this stuf had me focused like I couldn't believe. Energy isn't slap you in the face caffiene either. I suggest you try it!

I saw purple wrath as a choice but it's not really s pre workout. It's an intra workout mix and is very good too!

spraynpray
01-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Never heard of those two. Have to get out more!! Lol... Ive always used 1MR, works pretty well, 30min prior to gym.That stuff is to crazy for me! I stick to Superpump or NOXplode, whichever is on sale.

2nd2no1
01-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Supplementwarehouse has jack3d on sale I love that stuff

milleniumgirl
01-17-2012, 07:56 PM
My buddy Badapple swears by No Explode. I don't use anything pre workout.

Sweatnosejackson
01-17-2012, 08:36 PM
All of it makes me crash I like the rush and alertness it gives but I hate the foggy let down afterwards. I have tried all of them with the same outcome.

string2012
01-18-2012, 03:05 AM
shotgun has anyone tried it?

martin
01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Jacked is probably my favorite but if you want to save money be certain you know whats giving you that great focused workout with great pumps is best and cheapest to buy the products that make up pre-workout supplements. In Jack3d you have:

1. L-Arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (AAKG) - Arginine Alphaketoglutarate is the supplement that is responsible for the “pump” that comes along with using Jack3d. Arginine is the precursor for the creation of nitric oxide, which is one of the more powerful vasodilators in the body and helps provide additional blood flow to the muscles. AAKG has also been shown in studies to increase the building of muscles through quicker protein turnover, and to increase the blood levels of growth hormone. You can get tons of this stuff super cheap online about 100 grams for $10. Dosages vary from 1-5 grams

2. Schizandrol a - also spelled shizandrol a, is an effective component of the dried fruit, schizandra chinesis bail. Studies have found that schizandrol A inhibits the central nervous system, while elevating dopamine and dopac. This enhances mood, especially when paired with a CNS stimulant, such as caffeine or 1,3-dimethylamylamine. Benefits - Elevated mood, Enhances central nervous system stimulant effects and Increased concentration.Schizandrol A Dosage - Start with 50-100mg doses of schizandrol A to assess your tolerance level. Only increase you dosage once you are comfortable with 50-100mg doses. You can get 10 grams for $10-$15.

3. 1,3-dimethylamylamine - which is also known as DMAA or geranium stem, is a naturally occurring stimulant that works much like a stronger version of caffeine. Supplementing with DMAA prior to training or weightlifting will provide the user with an energy surge thanks to the stimulatory effects on the adrenals, which release epinephrine. As with caffeine, 1,3-dimethylamylamine also has very positive effects on focus and cognition and provides users with the “in the zone” feeling during training sessions and competitions. The main upside is that since DMAA is produced from a plant extract, it has very low toxicity for the body and is regarded as quite safe at the recommended dosing range of 25 to 50mg, taken about 30 minutes prior to training.

4. Caffeine - Everyone know about caffeine so it doesn't need explaining. You can drink coffee or buy caffeine powder. You can get 25 g. for $10 and 1/16 of a teaspoon has 105mg so you would need about 1/8 of a teaspoon.

For quite awhile I was just taking L-Carnitine pills and they rocked my world, at $7 for 100 pills at 500mg I was taking 2 pills before my workout and that was plenty.

So for a killer focused workout I would start off small by taking
500mg L-Carnitine
50-100mg Schizandrol A
200mg Caffeine (2 cups of coffee or 1 really strong cup) or 1/8 teaspoon of caffeine powder
or 25-50mg 1,3 dimethylamylamine

So for the price of 1-2 containers of Jacked that will last about 15-30 days you can buy enough product to last you easily 90 days!! Plus you can vary your intake of each product to fit your workout and focus! Very good info Bro thanks

martin
01-18-2012, 03:20 PM
shotgun has anyone tried it? I have never used it but a couple bros at my gym said that it was g2g

SteroidUser
01-19-2012, 01:53 AM
ordered Craze. Ive heard everywhere that its the best preworkout to date!

string2012
01-19-2012, 03:14 AM
yes shot gun is g2g. i tried it today. i like it better then jacked

csmilz9
01-20-2012, 01:20 AM
^ how is that craze working for you?

It's still going great. Haven't built up a tolerance and focus is still great. No jittery shit or anything just clean feelings and keeps me motivated. Give it a try for sure

SteroidUser
01-20-2012, 04:17 AM
just got my craze today. Will test it out tomorrow. Hell yea.

xmuscle
01-21-2012, 12:26 AM
was thinking of trying the craze or muscle pharm assault..

martin
01-21-2012, 12:43 AM
I think am going to get me some redline drinks this weekend,i used it a couple yrs back and it def gets you amped up

mikeyg51
01-25-2012, 03:11 PM
I LOVE Neurocore by muscletech! I tried Jack3d and 1MR and for some reason that neurocore is the shit! lol

colochine
01-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Quad shot of expresso!

mikeyg51
01-25-2012, 09:04 PM
love that one, colochine! Im an espresso addict myself