PDA

View Full Version : How should I handle blood test day after 3 months on Androgel?

Phil
12-22-2017, 05:10 AM
Hi guys, I'm 52 years old, 6'1 190lbs, with low T and my urologist put me on Androgel for 3 months, a protocal which appears to be all de rigueur these days. I requested the injectable delivery method but he turned me down.... :apathy:

I have 5 weeks remaining before submitting a blood test and HOPEFULLY get approved for TRT by syringe but I'm afraid my T levels will be too high for him to warrant it. I gave Androgel a fair shot for 2 months but it has NOT improved any of my low T symptoms; fatigue, no sex drive, no morning wood etc... and I read that's not a too uncommon a result.

I'm requesting guidance on how to proceed before the blood work so my T levels are just slightly higher than pre-Androgel; therefore, proving I need the good stuff. Should I simply not take the morning packet of gel, on the day of the blood work or how many days prior should I refrain from applying it?

Thank you for your time and any consideration.

Phil

Marine
12-22-2017, 01:26 PM
I was on androgell for 3 months then got swapped over, I stopped taking my androgell 3 days prior not sure if that worked or not but now I'm on injections. It's so much cheaper and faster. Tell him that, if he don't like it try to go to different doc if you can.

Phil
12-22-2017, 02:44 PM
... I stopped taking my androgell 3 days prior not sure if that worked or not...

Ok, I presume it dropped your T just enough while still being above your base pre-Andogel level, to not raise suspicion. Thank you for replying, Marine. :)))

Phil
12-23-2017, 07:14 AM
...I stopped taking my androgell 3 days prior ...

By the way Marine, how did it feel being without T for 3 days? Was there a significant crash I should prepare for?

Electromass
12-23-2017, 12:32 PM
I would go find another urologist

Marine
12-23-2017, 01:25 PM
No real crash that felt, but androgell didn't really work well for me. It's a waste of time. My argument was absorption, our skin is our biggest organ but pinning works so much better. Do like mass said and find a new doc. Hell even try your GP some are very foward thinking.

Phil
12-23-2017, 03:47 PM
I would go find another urologist

My thinking is that he WILL allow for me to pin after this 3 month trial and I tell him it did nothing for me and the blood work proves as much. Really, really hoping as much!

Marine
12-23-2017, 03:54 PM
He should, remember he works for you. Don't be a dick to him but be firm. Play the I'm the patient your the doctor, doesn't my quality of life matter. And as the patient you do have a say in your treatment. you have to advocate for your self. Let me know how it goes.

Electromass
12-23-2017, 03:56 PM
My thinking is that he WILL allow for me to pin after this 3 month trial and I tell him it did nothing for me and the blood work proves as much.
Most doctors these days are control freaks. I’ve seen doctors refuse to listen to reason from their patients under the guise of “im the doctor, therefore I’m much smarter than you”.
ive fired my share of doctors, and one as recent as 5 months ago. I actually told her, “Your fired”!! lol.
She completly changed the test panel I wanted, AND PAYED FOR....and couldn’t understand why I was so upset. Fucking arrogant AND Ignorant!! Fuck that shit!!

Marine
12-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Most doctors these days are control freaks. I’ve seen doctors refuse to listen to reason from their patients under the guise of “im the doctor, therefore I’m much smarter than you”.
ive fired my share of doctors, and one as recent as 5 months ago. I actually told her, “Your fired”!! lol.
She completly changed the test panel I wanted, AND PAYED FOR....and couldn’t understand why I was so upset. Fucking arrogant AND Ignorant!! Fuck that shit!!

Fuck yea, that's what I'm talking about. Do like mass did Phil, maybe not that exact approach. I don't have proof but he (mass) might be the missing link. Respect to you bro.

Electromass
12-23-2017, 04:12 PM
Fuck yea, that's what I'm talking about. Do like mass did Phil, maybe not that exact approach. I don't have proof but he (mass) might be the missing link. Respect to you bro.
Maybe I am the missing link. I know I have never liked the fake niceties and bullshit pretense that most of society puts up with. I have just so much patience for it and then I’m going to treat people accordingly.
If people were genuine and honest right up front it would change a lot of the attitudes of doctors over night.

Marine
12-23-2017, 06:30 PM
Amen to that bro. My wife says I'm to blunt and foward. I would rather get kicked in the balls by a friend than kissed by a stranger.