PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?

gwb1742
12-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Hey brothers, I am 46 and have been on TRT for 2 years now. I originally got put on by my family Doc, but he was clueless on what dose or time between doses was proper. He had me taking 300 a week of test cyp. Don't get me wrong I loved it at first, but my hematocrit started going through the roof at one point it was at 68. My nads wasted away and I just felt like shit. When I started doing my own research on proper doses/times. I started questioning him. He told me to find another Dr and stopped my Test all together. I crashed. I went to an Endocrinologist, who after testing me found that my test level was at 110 and hey I needed put on TRT. She has me @ 300 every 2 wks of test cyp, but doesn't believe in an AI or HCG for my boys. Is this right? Are there any Docs other than age clinic Docs that use ancillaries to help their patients or is this all on me?

xlr8mechanism
12-29-2017, 07:39 AM
if you are going to stay on trt you dont need the hcg . hcg is good for people getting a head start on post cycle if you are trying to naturally build your test back up . the ai you dont usually have to have it if you are running a low dose of test unless your body cant wait to make estrogen . best to get blood work a month after the dose you are running to know exactly . but if you are going to be strickly trt you shouldnt need anything else

sauer
12-29-2017, 08:16 AM
That's good advice from xlr8. The only thing I would do different from what you are doing is split that dose in half, and do 150mg once a week instead of 300 every two. That would keep your levels more stable and might also help with any estrogen issues. But you still need blood work to know for sure. Good luck getting dialed in.

Saltydog
12-29-2017, 05:15 PM
HCG is good to use to keep your nuts from shrinking or bring them back if they have shrunk from using gear. 500iu a couple times a week is one way to do it. Its fairly common on TRT these days but normal Dr's dont know shit about it.

babybull34
12-29-2017, 05:53 PM
Unfortunately, must Endo's are still in the dark ages as far as proper protocols and they rarely provide scripts for off label uses, so AI's and HCG can be quite difficult to acquire. My Endo won't even talk about it and says that he won't prescribe any female-use drugs to me...

So many of them are scarred to do anything which would jeopardize their licenses these days because it's practically a witch hunt out there. XL8 is right concerning the lack of need, at low doses these ancillaries tend to not be needed but this is subjective. I agree with sauer, it's best to split your dose into weekly shots of 150mg per eek this will stabalize your blood considerably. If you are still having estro issues, try taking 75mg every 3 days.

Also, SaltyDog nailed it. HCG is really more of a cosmetic add-on if you are permanently on TRT. The only benefit is keeping the boys full but it will increase estro and water retention.

xlr8mechanism
12-29-2017, 07:48 PM
if you arent producing decent levels naturally your nuts are just about as useless as the doctors you are fighting with . if you are worried about them shrinking so much (rare) that all you have is a skin sack then run the hcg but if your body cant make the test then all your nuts are is something for your girl to play with . i lost over 40 lbs of muscle when levels hit the basement . when i did the research and ate on part i was able to get 15-20 lbs back but its hard work eating 100% so much easier to pop yourself and go about your day

bulk_cut
12-29-2017, 08:03 PM
I must respectfully disagree with my brothers above. As we age out bodies naturally produce more estrogen and when you're on TRT there is still going to be some conversion from test to estrogen which will compound the already increased level your body is producing. So, yes, there is a good chance you will need an AI. As you age controlling the estrogen becomes even more important because it will affect things like your prostate. As far as getting an using an AI - it is definitely hard to get a Dr to prescribe one but there are some sponsors on here that sell some that are EXCELLENT! I suggest getting Aromasin. Wait till you get a blood test done and MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR ESTEOGEN CHECKED TOO. Then start using it based on what the results are.

xlr8mechanism
12-29-2017, 08:20 PM
I must respectfully disagree with my brothers above. As we age out bodies naturally produce more estrogen and when you're on TRT there is still going to be some conversion from test to estrogen which will compound the already increased level your body is producing. So, yes, there is a good chance you will need an AI. As you age controlling the estrogen becomes even more important because it will affect things like your prostate. As far as getting an using an AI - it is definitely hard to get a Dr to prescribe one but there are some sponsors on here that sell some that are EXCELLENT! I suggest getting Aromasin. Wait till you get a blood test done and MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR ESTEOGEN CHECKED TOO. Then start using it based on what the results are.

im not disagreeing on taking extras but as far as needing them all depends why your test is low is it the ability to signal the balls to make the test ? is there a heavy conversion of test to estrogens ? are there too much sbhg circulating in the blood robbing you of free test ? . all the stuff is pretty cheap and has long shelf lives so it is never a bad idea to have emergency backup . blood pressure anti estro maybe even anti prolactin .and youll never know 100 % till you take blood work and dial it in

babybull34
12-29-2017, 09:15 PM

I see what you're saying, BC, and there is plenty of merit to it, but it is subjective. The only way to know is with bloods, which you did advise that he gets. Taking AI's unnecessarily can be as bad as not taking them when you need them. It all depends on the person and their response and the only way to know this is with blood work. I completely agree that Aromasin is the way to go, best AI out there in my opinion, and easily accessible through many quality channels on BOP. In fact, OP, I am pretty damn sure that BC could send you in a quality direction. Just saying...

JohnDoe
12-30-2017, 03:52 PM
I’ve been on RXd TRT for years...I only use 200mg of Cyp per week. Doctors are hard to convince that you need an AI with it. Even harder trying to get hcg from em. I ran some hcg alongside my TRT for a few months and what I experienced was my nuts came back to almost full size and sensitivity but estrogen also got thrown out of whack and levels got pretty high. Within a week after stopping hcg my nuts started aching and shut down again. Not worth it if you gonna stay on TRT - just get used to having a sack of acorns.

Phil
12-30-2017, 07:05 PM
Just for clarity, JohnDoe, in your experience you prefer to be ON an AI and OFF an HCG?

babybull34
12-30-2017, 09:07 PM
I’ve been on RXd TRT for years...I only use 200mg of Cyp per week. Doctors are hard to convince that you need an AI with it. Even harder trying to get hcg from em. I ran some hcg alongside my TRT for a few months and what I experienced was my nuts came back to almost full size and sensitivity but estrogen also got thrown out of whack and levels got pretty high. Within a week after stopping hcg my nuts started aching and shut down again. Not worth it if you gonna stay on TRT - just get used to having a sack of acorns.

This is the reality of TRT. Thanks for chiming in, JD

JohnDoe
12-30-2017, 11:32 PM
Just for clarity, JohnDoe, in your experience you prefer to be ON an AI and OFF an HCG?

At 200mg of Cyp per week, I do not need an AI.

xlr8mechanism
12-31-2017, 03:54 AM

watch in another few years science finds the nuts to produce something else that is extremely important and here we are destroying the bastards.
all in all its a safe bet to put your body back to where it was

sauer
12-31-2017, 07:54 AM
At 200mg of Cyp per week, I do not need an AI.

I take 200mg of Cyp a week split in two doses, 100mg Mon & Thur and do need an AI. Everybody is different, just have to find what works for you.

alucarddream
12-31-2017, 09:44 AM
My clinic doc had me on 160 a week and my estrogen started creeping up to where they have me taking more arimidex. They have me at 180 a week now seeing as my levels still aren't where they want me.

Kdavis0069
12-31-2017, 09:17 PM
Is it a normal thing for the boys to shrink up during trt? I ask cause mine haven't seemed to have shrank at least nothing noticeable.

madhungarian
12-31-2017, 09:33 PM
Is it a normal thing for the boys to shrink up during trt? I ask cause mine haven't seemed to have shrank at least nothing noticeable.

My boys shrank considerably 200mg's a week. My E also crept up at that dosage.

Kdavis0069
12-31-2017, 10:50 PM
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't have a problem with estrogen.

JohnDoe
01-01-2018, 12:44 AM
I take 200mg of Cyp a week split in two doses, 100mg Mon & Thur and do need an AI. Everybody is different, just have to find what works for you.

Exactly - everyone is different and our bodies react differently.

JohnDoe
01-01-2018, 12:44 AM

Consider yourself lucky lol

gwb1742
01-01-2018, 12:54 AM
Wish the Doctors out there realized that and didn't put everyone in such a cookie cutter mold. My new Doc hasn't even checked my estrogen level. I just kinda know when my estrogen is going up cuz I start getting emotional over stupid shit and I start feeling bloated.