PDA

View Full Version : I'm now a personal trainer and diet coach!

Anzel
12-31-2017, 01:35 AM
For a few years I contemplated the idea of getting into personal training as a side gig.
I helped a few guys I work with get there diets in better shape and 2 of em asked me for workout plans. Then my neighbor asked me if I knew any personal trainers that could come to her home. I offered to train her in my home gym instead for free. She is a family friend ..het 2 daughters babysit my daughter and she is a nurse so she is a good Allie to have.
All of a sudden I get a text from the one guy at work...his friend wants help with his diet and my neighbor wants to bring her friend into the mix. Meanwhile my wife may have the husband of one of her clients interested in a PT...holy shit I'm in business bros!
I just have to figure out what I'm gonna charge people. And if I want to just allow word of mouth to feed me new clients. As I said in only gonna do it as a side gig .

I thought I would share this with you guys and hear some feedback. And one question I have is...i would like to be able to coach these people with 100% correct knowledge and confidence. Any books you guys can suggest that would lend as a .comprehensive guide to anatomy, diet and exercise?
Thanks

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.ru representative

Visit Puritysourcelabs.ru or PM me.

americanbulldogg
12-31-2017, 01:54 AM
I think you definitely have the knowledge and tools to help train and change ppl lives! Good luck with this new endeavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anzel
12-31-2017, 01:58 AM
I think you definitely have the knowledge and tools to help train and change ppl lives! Good luck with this new endeavor.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks bro! I seriously think it will be good for me too!

Anzel

Radman69
12-31-2017, 02:00 AM
thats great news Anzel! This is similar to my situation! I started helping family with diet and training... my main job is an A/C technician, but from word of mouth, helping friends/family ect ect... i help people on the side... even helped a few friends in different trades get ready for a few local shows! I can say that word of mouth is definitely gonna be your best bet! Start charging people small amounts per month or depending on their goals( ie: Contest prep, nutrition help, Fat loss for the house wives, Training modalities, ect ect) obviously the more u need to be involved the more u charge, be fair but be aggressive in prices... once u start getting people results, those MFs will pay whatever u ask bro... trust me! Good luck Anzel! Remember, Your body is gonna be your business card! (not really but thats what i always like to say...)

Fancycat69
12-31-2017, 02:01 AM
Glad to hear that man! Just remember not everyone is working on becoming a jacked BBer lol!

In all seriousness you’ll do a great job. I can’t suggest any books off the top of my head but just do some research into some common practices that trainers do such as:

Finding out clients current stats
Current diet
Their goals

The. Manipulating things from there. And remember that they want results that will last! Not a fad diet.

Good luck bro and congrats

Alew758
12-31-2017, 02:12 AM
Im a full time trainer and work with a union on the side. Pt is good as a side job average rate around here is 25 to 40 per half hour with my gym I get 60% they get 40% at 40 a session tough at first but pretty good once everything's rolling.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

babybull34
12-31-2017, 05:21 AM
Congrats, Anzel. Good luck with the new gig. As far as pricing, ask yourself what you value your time at on a per hour basis. This should give you a baseline to go from. Say it's $50 an hour. You can go down for individuals like your neighbor and while you build your book of business and then slowly up your price until you're hitting $80+ per hour. This will always give you room to discount your service to people who really need it while feeling like you are adequately compensated for your time and energy.

AvidFisherman
12-31-2017, 05:36 AM
I have an excel file on my work computer with a bunch of stuff I compiled about diet, hypertrophy, etc. It's all information from academic journal articles or PhDs being interviewed. I have most of it sourced so you know where the info comes from.

There are a bunch of different accreditations out there. I bet there are study guides for those accreditations that are packed full of knowledge.

I can send it to you if you want.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

bulk_cut
12-31-2017, 05:46 AM
I charge between $75 and $85 an hour (it starts at $85 but if they bauck at the price I say I'll cut them a deal and charge them $75) if they pay for multiple sessions up front I give them a few dollars off each session. Honestly there is SOOOO much to learn about anatomy, muscle imbalances, trigger points and working with people that have various different health conditions that personal trainers need to know these days that you really should get certified before trying train anyone - even if you're just trying to be nice. Just because you can train yourself doesn't mean your qualified to train anyone else. I recomend going through NASM. they do an excellent job presenting the material, teaching you the relevant anatomy needed and everything else you need to know to start off and make a real difference in peoples lives.

G160
12-31-2017, 06:47 AM
I charge between $75 and $85 an hour (it starts at $85 but if they bauck at the price I say I'll cut them a deal and charge them $75) if they pay for multiple sessions up front I give them a few dollars off each session. Honestly there is SOOOO much to learn about anatomy, muscle imbalances, trigger points and working with people that have various different health conditions that personal trainers need to know these days that you really should get certified before trying train anyone - even if you're just trying to be nice. Just because you can train yourself doesn't mean your qualified to train anyone else. I recomend going through NASM. they do an excellent job presenting the material, teaching you the relevant anatomy needed and everything else you need to know to start off and make a real difference in peoples lives.I want to get into that, i figured first id just try and look like arnold then get goal minded individuals that want it bad..
Well got to look like arnold first i guess so till then ill be working construction.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

ski748134
12-31-2017, 11:46 AM
That is my dream to move to South Florida become a personal trainer train ridiculously hot Brazilian and South American women and drive My Ferrari to the gym every day pipe dream yes but it's still mine

Radman69
12-31-2017, 12:28 PM
That is my dream to move to South Florida become a personal trainer train ridiculously hot Brazilian and South American women and drive My Ferrari to the gym every day pipe dream yes but it's still mine

LMFAO! Nice Ski! Well... the women are more Cuban and Puerto Rican but come on down Ski! I'll show u around lol!

ski748134
12-31-2017, 02:03 PM
I know I used to live there I lived in Palm beach county with out getting to specific

Radman69
12-31-2017, 02:10 PM
I know I used to live there I lived in Palm beach county with out getting to specific

Nice! Thats where i was born and raised... moved farther south for work!

ski748134
12-31-2017, 02:43 PM
Nice it's so nice down there but After all the work from the hurricanes dried it is tough to make a livin so we left

G160
12-31-2017, 04:58 PM
LMFAO! Nice Ski! Well... the women are more Cuban and Puerto Rican but come on down Ski! I'll show u around lol!Thats if you dont get with some cuban from hialeah who will murder you while you sleep cause you looked at another girl

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

ski748134
12-31-2017, 05:27 PM
They are firecrackers for sure but them asses boys and how they can move them I'm a huge fan

joko123
12-31-2017, 06:58 PM
Congrats anzel and good luck on the new venture !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weapon X
12-31-2017, 07:35 PM
Brother, that's as good a dream as any other.

GearGod
12-31-2017, 09:15 PM
For a few years I contemplated the idea of getting into personal training as a side gig.
I helped a few guys I work with get there diets in better shape and 2 of em asked me for workout plans. Then my neighbor asked me if I knew any personal trainers that could come to her home. I offered to train her in my home gym instead for free. She is a family friend ..het 2 daughters babysit my daughter and she is a nurse so she is a good Allie to have.
All of a sudden I get a text from the one guy at work...his friend wants help with his diet and my neighbor wants to bring her friend into the mix. Meanwhile my wife may have the husband of one of her clients interested in a PT...holy shit I'm in business bros!
I just have to figure out what I'm gonna charge people. And if I want to just allow word of mouth to feed me new clients. As I said in only gonna do it as a side gig .

I thought I would share this with you guys and hear some feedback. And one question I have is...i would like to be able to coach these people with 100% correct knowledge and confidence. Any books you guys can suggest that would lend as a .comprehensive guide to anatomy, diet and exercise?
Thanks

Anzel

Good luck man! Pay $100 to take the PT test and get your certification- you can charge just that much more when you are certified.

Gear God
SOVEREIGN labs representative

Anzel
12-31-2017, 09:44 PM
I have an excel file on my work computer with a bunch of stuff I compiled about diet, hypertrophy, etc. It's all information from academic journal articles or PhDs being interviewed. I have most of it sourced so you know where the info comes from.

There are a bunch of different accreditations out there. I bet there are study guides for those accreditations that are packed full of knowledge.

I can send it to you if you want.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using TapatalkYeah! I will definitely hit you up for that Avid! I especially like the info traveling the board here cause typically it leaves out the fluff..

Anzel
12-31-2017, 09:45 PM
Guys , love the info and all...thank you!

Anzel