PDA

View Full Version : HCG needed for TRT patients?

MrUmpire
01-02-2018, 10:53 PM
I dont think HCG is needed for TRT patients isnt that correct?

Im a TRT patient and im prescribed 250mg a week of Test Cyp

Im about to up that dosage to 500mg a week and add 500mg of Deca and dbol25 every other day.

Since im not worried much about my testies lol they work fine being on TRT... have a 7 month preggers at home.

Im worried about the gyno side of it and make sure that nothing comes about... thinking that nova or clomid the last two weeks of the cycle will be enough?????

EDIT: I also take 1iu of hgh eod which i plan to keep that doasge the same unless otherwise suggested.

Bullseye Forever
01-02-2018, 10:56 PM
When you start trt your nuts will shrink and draw up my friend,and the HCG will make them fuller and fall again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrUmpire
01-02-2018, 10:59 PM
When you start trt your nuts will shrink and draw up my friend,and the HCG will make them fuller and fall again

Nah - Ive been on TRT for about 4 years now - taking 250mg a week for some time - no issues with my nuts. They work perfectly.

Bullseye Forever
01-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Nah - Ive been on TRT for about 4 years now - taking 250mg a week for some time - no issues with my nuts. They work perfectly.

That’s good to know man!!

MrUmpire
01-03-2018, 08:57 PM
Bump.... anyone with some help?

RedWood1
01-03-2018, 09:26 PM
HCG for TRT is needed for a proper Replacement Therapy. Signaling your LH also creates your body to function as if you were making the Testosterone you are Injecting yourself of Dr Inject however.
This has been proved medically so I'm not spittin bro science. Anyone can Google or you tube the official medical studies. Sorry do not know how to post links.

JUNGLE JUICE
01-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Administering a Successful TRT Protocol
Read this everything you need to know about what you asked. Tried and proven with no conflicting evidence.
Its in the trt section and covers hcg on trt

madhungarian
01-07-2018, 03:46 AM
My nads shrank considerably while on TRT and a little more on cycle. Hopefully you have some kind of blocker on hand in case you run into E problems while cycling?

Delta5
01-16-2018, 10:10 PM
I would run aromasin @ 12.5 eod....bump Dbol 25 to every day. In general, u deff need an AI on this cycle...possibly caber also, .25 twice a week.

babybull34
01-16-2018, 11:03 PM
I would run aromasin @ 12.5 eod....bump Dbol 25 to every day. In general, u deff need an AI on this cycle...possibly caber also, .25 twice a week.

This is solid advice to combat the estro-sides. Personally, I am of the camp that HCG is more of a aesthetic issue than a functional issue on TRT. Long term use of HCG will cause a de-sensitization to FH and LSH, which is counterproductive. Additionally, HCG will increase estro-sides.

Now, I am not saying don't use HCG. It has it's place, even on TRT, but I do not believe it should be used ongoing on a weekly basis. I am sure that many others will disagree. However, if it was a requirement for proper TRT Endo's would be prescribing it with the Test. This is actually incredibly rare. Most Endo's won't even talk about.

RedWood1
01-16-2018, 11:39 PM
This is solid advice to combat the estro-sides. Personally, I am of the camp that HCG is more of a aesthetic issue than a functional issue on TRT. Long term use of HCG will cause a de-sensitization to FH and LSH, which is counterproductive. Additionally, HCG will increase estro-sides.

Now, I am not saying don't use HCG. It has it's place, even on TRT, but I do not believe it should be used ongoing on a weekly basis. I am sure that many others will disagree. However, if it was a requirement for proper TRT Endo's would be prescribing it with the Test. This is actually incredibly rare. Most Endo's won't even talk about.You are right to an extent about desensitization of HCG,run NAC with it and it keeps your body from desensitizing. NAC actually keeps that from happening. I myself like the HCG on TRT dose ever since started using HCG free and total test is up and boys are same but size (normal) but a lot more sensitive. HCG I don't get from my Dr he won't write it but did my research to give a try and really am liking so for Myself I prefer with HCG. But I will say only been using it for about 8 months now so down the road idk yet. Know guys who use and don't use it's really how you prefer. There are studies of why HCG should be a part of a correct HRT, just don't know how to post.

Bullseye Forever
01-16-2018, 11:54 PM

Now, I am not saying don't use HCG. It has it's place, even on TRT, but I do not believe it should be used ongoing on a weekly basis. I am sure that many others will disagree. However, if it was a requirement for proper TRT Endo's would be prescribing it with the Test. This is actually incredibly rare. Most Endo's won't even talk about.

I know I’ve been through 3 Endos and none of them will even talk about hcg at all!!

RedWood1
01-16-2018, 11:57 PM

Now, I am not saying don't use HCG. It has it's place, even on TRT, but I do not believe it should be used ongoing on a weekly basis. I am sure that many others will disagree. However, if it was a requirement for proper TRT Endo's would be prescribing it with the Test. This is actually incredibly rare. Most Endo's won't even talk about.Wanted to add your completely right about Drs Endos talking about or even letting you say a word about HCG. Added from my other post. I agree with what you said just have different opinion on using Myself.

babybull34
01-16-2018, 11:57 PM
I know I’ve been through 3 Endos and none of them will even talk about hcg at all!!

I directly asked mine and he stopped the convo cold saying it was an off-script use and it was for women. Discussion was over.

RedWood1
01-16-2018, 11:58 PM
I directly asked mine and he stopped the convo cold saying it was an off-script use and it was for women. Discussion was over.Completely right.

Bullseye Forever
01-16-2018, 11:59 PM
I directly asked mine and he stopped the convo cold saying it was an off-script use and it was for women. Discussion was over.

Yea and the ones I’ve seen won’t even order a blood test of estradiol,all of them say that test won’t turn into estrogen in some males I mean wtf?

babybull34
01-17-2018, 12:02 AM
Wanted to add your completely right about Drs Endos talking about or even letting you say a word about HCG. Added from my other post. I agree with what you said just have different opinion on using Myself.

That's what this board is for, brother, sharing experiences, approaches, and opinions. I appreciate you sharing yours.

As far as sharing studies, just copy and paste the address from your browser (the bar at the top that has Website.com (https://website.com/whatever)....) that will let you share the info. Or select the infowith your mouse, right-click and select copy. Then come to the reply window and right-click and select paste. Either way it makes the info available.

I would be very interested in the addition of NAC minimizing the desensitization. What dosage of NAC do you use, Redwood1?

babybull34
01-17-2018, 12:04 AM
Yea and the ones I’ve seen won’t even order a blood test of estradiol,all of them say that test won’t turn into estrogen in some males I mean wtf?

It is up to us on the front lines to wade through the mud and sort it out ourselves, amigo. That's why BOP is so important. As is not flaming others with different takes and opinions. It's all info. It's all valuable. I like to see all sides and make up my own mind.

Bullseye Forever
01-17-2018, 12:05 AM
That's what this board is for, brother, sharing experiences, approaches, and opinions. I appreciate you sharing yours.

As far as sharing studies, just copy and paste the address from your browser (the bar at the top that has Website.com (https://website.com/whatever)....) that will let you share the info. Or select the infowith your mouse, right-click and select copy. Then come to the reply window and right-click and select paste. Either way it makes the info available.

I would be very interested in the addition of NAC minimizing the desensitization. What dosage of NAC do you use, Redwood1?

Thank you man!! Yea I’ve been through 3 Endos and 2 Urologist,none of them believed in estrogen blood checking,or hcg at all,and said that it didn’t matter what dose of testosterone that someone uses,that it won’t raise a persons estrogen levels,which is crazy

RedWood1
01-17-2018, 12:10 AM

I would be very interested in the addition of NAC minimizing the desensitization. What dosage of NAC do you use, Redwood1?I'm running it how my bottle of NAC is recommending 1 600mg first thing morning and 1 600mg 1hr before lunch. I will see in the longer run if this is really helping that, I've only been on HCG 8 months now. And yes I agree with everything your saying honestly, just for me I'm seeing benefits right now not saying later down the road I'm 100% positive I'll be seeing them. Hopefully I will but it's a waiting game on that. Also I do 500iu HCG 2 times a week with my TRT injection. I know other people who didn't have the same results I am so I thought hit and miss really.

RedWood1
01-17-2018, 12:12 AM
It is up to us on the front lines to wade through the mud and sort it out ourselves, amigo. That's why BOP is so important. As is not flaming others with different takes and opinions. It's all info. It's all valuable. I like to see all sides and make up my own mind.Yes again completely agree brother. Drs and Endos are not open to anything.

MrUmpire
01-17-2018, 02:20 AM
Could not running any type of PCT be the cause of lethargic tendencies... just feeling lazy and tired and not sleeping well. Wondering if maybe the estrogen could be the issue or if simply the dosage is not enough? Even with me bumping to 500mg a week still isn’t helping.

Zeus-Sr
01-17-2018, 02:58 AM
I haven’t heard that NAC keeps your from desensitizing. Interesting. NAC is great for a variety of reasons - it increases glutathione levels and high glutathione keeps your organs young and toxin free.

At 52 and having two young adult children and not wanting any more kids - I probably do not need to take HCG but for me it makes me feel better from a male ego standpoint that my testicles are not the size of peas and that if somehow there is no way to get testosterone in this world because of a massive shortage or ban that I might have a better chance at getting my testicles working and not losing all of the muscles.

RedWood1
01-17-2018, 03:46 AM
I haven’t heard that NAC keeps your from desensitizing. Interesting. NAC is great for a variety of reasons - it increases glutathione levels and high glutathione keeps your organs young and toxin free.

At 52 and having two young adult children and not wanting any more kids - I probably do not need to take HCG but for me it makes me feel better from a male ego standpoint that my testicles are not the size of peas and that if somehow there is no way to get testosterone in this world because of a massive shortage or ban that I might have a better chance at getting my testicles working and not losing all my muscle. I consider myself a pretty intelligent person but I have these very irrational fears.Yeah I've read the NAC and HCG from different places but not Science places or proven studies. I really should have put that in my post earlier. But yes NAC for the toxins and other is main reasons I take NAC. HCG I'm not saying it's 100% or positive on anything just it is working on me with my HRT. My blood work has shown that to me so far. Not saying it will last for sure, but for now I'm content with HCG for Myself and hey it can't just be me it's worth a shot if anything.

Zeus-Sr
01-17-2018, 01:18 PM
Not sure you remember all the posts about Dr Aggarwal in the journal of molecular and cellular endocrinology 5 years ago where he ran a study on HCG desensitization and the use of NAC to keep that from happening. It has been stated that long term/frequent/high dosage HCG use causes desensitization of the Leydig cells because it increases oxidative stress and cellular death. The premise of the study was that if you could reduce oxidative stress you would reduce HCG desensitization. One of the most effective antioxidants for reducing oxidative stress is glutathione which can be increased by directly injecting glutathione or the use of oral NAC which is a precursor of glutathione. The study used NAC. The great thing about Glutathione IMO is that it is like sticky paper to the toxins in your body - grabbing them so they can be flushed out - for AAS the benefits can be significant.

Their study had some problems in terms of the test groups - the glutathione levels of each participant at the start was not measured (someone with good or existing levels of glutathione is going to get more Leydig cell benefit from increased glutathione than someone with low levels where additional glutathione will be grabbed by the body for reducing oxidative stress elsewhere) and also even with the test group that had daily hcg use, NAC was used at most 2x a week vs daily. Where hcg / NAC use were matched similarly - the NAC did reduce desensitization and improve Leydig cell function - I.e. 250 iu of hcg 2 x a week and NAC used 1 or 2 days a week. In the other groups it was not effective - IMO it was partially because the NAC use was less than the HCG use and also because frequent high hcg use causes excessive damage and cell death that might not be reversible - again IMO only. The participants could also have had different levels of glutathione at the start.

Again like with AAS more is not better

i have seen various drs for TRT treatment before I started blasting and cruising and while each were proponents of taking 250 iu of hcg 2 x a week to keep my Leydig cells stimulated - not one brought up desensitization or the possibility of it.

Sam Gold
01-23-2018, 03:35 PM
There is effects on testicular atrophy while supplementing with TRT. Dr John Crisler, specifically the Crisler HCG Protocol is a good read. If you have access to peer-reviewed databases then you might find the following study. “My Current Best Thoughts on How to Administer TRT for Men”, published in A4M’s 2004/5 Anti-Aging Clinical Protocols. You can also look the uses of HCG on the Merck PI https://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi...pregnyl_pi.pdf (https://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/p/pregnyl/pregnyl_pi.pdf) That fat diet of HCG really put a lot of doctors off on HCG and they have not kept current.

Is it a must, NO, is it a must for me, YES. Here is what I can tell you from my own personal study of just me with TRT and HCG (http://www.steroid.com/HCG.php) . Ran TRT for years without it. I do have primary hypogonadism. Running TRT without HCG my balls slowly shrunk up and started to hurt. It was slow and gradual but it got to the point that I had to do something about it. I like my nuts, don't like pain, and I like the boys to hang.

As soon as I started HCG my balls started to fill back up. I was on 200IU daily for a couple of months until they came back fully. I still run HCG at a higher level than 500IU per week due to I personally feel like they make the ball feel better, better sex life and confidence. If I had to pay cash for both Test and HCG, I would drop my TRT levels to make sure I had HCG.

So at an older age and having kids is not very important than HCG is not a must have but I would recommend it. It will take a while on low dose test before you really start to feel the effect on the boys. Hope this helps.

Bullseye Forever
01-23-2018, 03:57 PM

Y a I agree every Endo I’ve been to for my trt(4 at the moment) none of them will even talk about HCG or testing for estradiol!! It’s so hard here to get an Endo to prescribe anything but test they won’t even talk about the other all say it’s useless

born
01-23-2018, 04:10 PM

Not arguing I like you, especially your attitude but the only study I have read that showed any sort of desensitization was a study in rats in which the rats were given an equivalent dose that would be 7500iu to the average human.
Even in the rats though sensitivity returned in a couple of weeks after administration ceased. I personally never believed it. My testicles have atrophied some even with the use of hcg.

I have always considered the desensitization an overblown myth based off an incomplete study.

This is obviously a very discussed thing as some endos will. Or will not prescribe it with trt. Time will tell maybe.

babybull34
01-23-2018, 04:47 PM
Not arguing I like you, especially your attitude but the only study I have read that showed any sort of desensitization was a study in rats in which the rats were given an equivalent dose that would be 7500iu to the average human.
Even in the rats though sensitivity returned in a couple of weeks after administration ceased. I personally never believed it. My testicles have atrophied some even with the use of hcg.

I have always considered the desensitization an overblown myth based off an incomplete study.

This is obviously a very discussed thing as some endos will. Or will not prescribe it with trt. Time will tell maybe.

Unfortunately, we are all wading through the dark here, big guy. Just trying to figure it out because we can't count on Endo's, doctors, or researchers to do it.

I have seen several studies alluding to the desensitization. I will try and find them to give you some links. Really though, studies are just that, studies. They don't always translate to the real-world. We have all seen that play out time and again.

I'm glad the HCG protocol is working for Redwood and Sam Gold and I appreciate them sharing. This is what we need. INFORMATION.

Every time I have run HCG on cycle, my nuts swell for two days and then shrink but I get immediate estro-sides, BLOATING big time and itchy nips. So I inject the HCG then immediately go into damage control on AI's, the process takes a week to level, my balls were full for two days, and then it's time to do it all again. Then on top of it there is the potential to desensitize enough that it becomes necessary for life. TRT + HCG.

Despite this, I am still open to discuss, learn, and try different things. I have ran HCG during cycle at 250mcg 2x Week, 500mcg 2x week, and 500mcg 1x week. All same results. Do you have a different protocol you would suggest, born? Have you ever microdosed the HCG daily or heard anyone else doing so?

Say HCG 100mcg/ED or 50mcg/ED?

born
01-23-2018, 05:10 PM
Unfortunately, we are all wading through the dark here, big guy. Just trying to figure it out because we can't count on Endo's, doctors, or researchers to do it.

I have seen several studies alluding to the desensitization. I will try and find them to give you some links. Really though, studies are just that, studies. They don't always translate to the real-world. We have all seen that play out time and again.

I'm glad the HCG protocol is working for Redwood and Sam Gold and I appreciate them sharing. This is what we need. INFORMATION.

Every time I have run HCG on cycle, my nuts swell for two days and then shrink but I get immediate estro-sides, BLOATING big time and itchy nips. So I inject the HCG then immediately go into damage control on AI's, the process takes a week to level, my balls were full for two days, and then it's time to do it all again. Then on top of it there is the potential to desensitize enough that it becomes necessary for life. TRT + HCG.

Despite this, I am still open to discuss, learn, and try different things. I have ran HCG during cycle at 250mcg 2x Week, 500mcg 2x week, and 500mcg 1x week. All same results. Do you have a different protocol you would suggest, born? Have you ever microdosed the HCG daily or heard anyone else doing so?

Say HCG 100mcg/ED or 50mcg/ED?
I see, I thought you were basing your opinion off studies.

I actually dose 1000iu per week on heavy cycles. 500iu during trt. I can see zero benefit in microdosages.

Did you bloat when you worked out?

Btw its only the desensitization thing I dont agree with. I have never seen a conclusive study on it. I only saw studies that appeared to be leading toward a desired outcome like the mega dosed rats.

babybull34
01-23-2018, 05:21 PM
Hey born. Unfortunately I was speaking to how I respond. This is me though, so of course subjective and not universally applicable.

I have gone higher than 500 a week but only during PCT back in the day.

I bloat within hours of taking HCG, man. Water intake, working out, extra cardio all did nothing. It was estro for sure.

I always knew I was estro-sensitive but HCG shows me how much I really am. I have AI's on hand the moment I touch more than 300mg/week of Test.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are ANY conclusive studies on the desensitizing aspect. Hell, I don't think there are many conclusive studies on much of anything we do. Some things which show correlation but not necessarily causation.

Appreciate your add in. I can't see the value to smaller doses either.

I have just accepted TRT and small nuts.....

RedWood1
01-23-2018, 05:27 PM
Hey born. Unfortunately I was speaking to how I respond. This is me though, so of course subjective and not universally applicable.

I bloat within hours of taking HCG, man. Water intake, working out, extra cardio all did nothing. It was estro for sure.

I always knew I was estro-sensitive but HCG shows me how much I really am. I have AI's on hand the moment I touch more than 300mg/week of Test.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are ANY conclusive studies on the desensitizing aspect. Hell, I don't think there are many conclusive studies on much of anything we do. Some things which show correlation but not necessarily causation.

I have just accepted TRT and small nuts.....I'm not Estrogen sensitive but agree after starting HCG Estrogen did rise some. That's from blood work so know it raises e2 levels. I don't know if it will keep working in the future/long run how it is effecting me now but just have to wait and see kind of thing. Also my nuts only got more sensitive feeling from HCG no size gain from it that is noticeable at least.

born
01-23-2018, 05:27 PM

I have just accepted TRT and small nuts.....

Hell I accepted hcg and small nuts, and a tiny pecker! Lol

I asked about the bloating because I literally bloat every workout. Never been able to figure out why.

babybull34
01-23-2018, 05:48 PM
Hell I accepted hcg and small nuts, and a tiny pecker! Lol

I asked about the bloating because I literally bloat every workout. Never been able to figure out why.

LOL! You're just getting all swole up, man!

born
01-23-2018, 06:05 PM
LOL! You're just getting all swole up, man!

Except where it counts lol!

ironmaster
02-06-2018, 09:08 AM
if your on TRT only use hcg when you notice the boys on the smaller side. You will only need to run 1000iu eod for a total of 3 injections that should be enough to give the balls a kick and then do not use it again until you notice the problem again. note take some nolva 20mg ed for about 20 days once you start the hcg as a short raise in E2 will occur with hcg use an AI is not good while running TRT because your E2 will not be that high whilst on TRT so last thing you want is to lower your E2 because healthy levels help with sexual function. Although using Nolva will just protect the nips for the short period that you E2 is up from the hcg use. This is all that is needed.

I find DIM can help control E2 and keep it in range whilst on TRT doses.

WillBench
02-06-2018, 05:02 PM
An AI & Nolvadex is good to have on hand while blasting, for sure an AI though. I wouldnt blast without an AI.

ironmaster
03-07-2018, 01:52 PM
Lets keep it simple if on cycle or trt
Nuts big and full your good to go.
Nuts the size of pea hit some hcg say 500-1000iu eod for 10days and problem solved. Repeat when problem arises again.

If looking at pct I prefer larger amount of hcg 1500-3000iu over 3 week period every 5 days while esters are clearing then follow up with serms will go along way in helping get back to natural T levels.

kanet
03-09-2018, 05:40 AM
... and that if somehow there is no way to get testosterone in this world because of a massive shortage or ban that I might have a better chance at getting my testicles working and not losing all of the muscles.

Are there any anecdotes of people recovering test or running a PCT after blasting/cruising for say 12 months whilst using maybe 500 IU of HCG a week?

Id love to know if thats a viable solution to having to come off onto PCT.

I'd blast and cruise in a heartbeat but for the fear of one day not being able to get gear or travelling or economic recession or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sting
03-22-2018, 12:28 AM
I dont think HCG is needed for TRT patients isnt that correct?

Im a TRT patient and im prescribed 250mg a week of Test Cyp

Im about to up that dosage to 500mg a week and add 500mg of Deca and dbol25 every other day.

Since im not worried much about my testies lol they work fine being on TRT... have a 7 month preggers at home.

Im worried about the gyno side of it and make sure that nothing comes about... thinking that nova or clomid the last two weeks of the cycle will be enough?????

EDIT: I also take 1iu of hgh eod which i plan to keep that doasge the same unless otherwise suggested.
Why would you need nova or clomid the last 2 wks of a cycle when returning to a trt dose?

kanet
03-22-2018, 12:35 AM
Why would you need nova or clomid the last 2 wks of a cycle when returning to a trt dose?Yeah there wouldnt be any benefit to this would there?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bnj
05-17-2018, 09:55 PM
my exact thoughts , and nova will not help with deca

Why would you need nova or clomid the last 2 wks of a cycle when returning to a trt dose?

For-A-Fistful
05-23-2018, 02:00 AM
Does taking 12.5mg of aromasin defeat the efficacy of HCG on LSH? Appreciate advice in this areas because I'm finding the science behind an aromasin, and HCG combination during cycle rather conflicting.

Sam Gold
05-24-2018, 10:26 PM
I am a long time TRT guy. Hell yes, HCG is great. A number of reasons why I am sure others have stated them but I am too lazy to read them now. I get a bottle from my doctor and take it 2 or 3 times a week. I never noticed a difference in my nuts and everything was working great but then Doc said you should be on it. After one month of every day the boys went back to high school size and now it is just maintenance. Been on HCG for 2 years and TRT for over 13.

Aromasin, I take 12.5 now a couple of times a week. I have an RX for it daily but bloodwork shows I really only need it the day the second day after my TRT dose. The longer your on TRT and the MG of TRT you are on will tell you (bloodwork) if you need an AI.

Deca and NPP are 19-nor so serms will not help. When you do a cycle you do not need to use a serms just go back to TRT dose.

Chrisdieselvegan
06-17-2018, 07:48 PM
Hcg has a lot of benefits dur My TRT, not only to have peace of mind about your kit size but overall well being in the body.

teejey
06-17-2018, 08:36 PM
Are there any anecdotes of people recovering test or running a PCT after blasting/cruising for say 12 months whilst using maybe 500 IU of HCG a week?

Id love to know if thats a viable solution to having to come off onto PCT.

I'd blast and cruise in a heartbeat but for the fear of one day not being able to get gear or travelling or economic recession or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkI also have those thoughts about economic recession no access,to gear to random incarceration for some irrational worry that probably wont happen, anxious, maybe a reason im up at night once,in awhile but I'm blasting and cruising anyway because my test was already low but not low enough for my doc to prescribe trt just low enough to have no libido depression bla bla etc. Then i started running test and came alive so im not gonna look back. I do need,some hcg cuz when i scratch my nuts theyre smaller and for a split second I think about it but honestly im done having kids.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk