PDA

View Full Version : Body Fat

bdeljoose
01-05-2012, 04:07 AM
I don't know if this is the right spot for this.
What kind of scale do you bros use to calculate your body fat? I haven't measured since the old skin fold test in grade school gym class.

Mountain Monster
01-05-2012, 12:21 PM
The gym I hit has a hand held electronic test that is supposed to be accurate within a percent. It only takes a couple of minutes very helpful to monitor progress.

colochine
01-05-2012, 12:42 PM
The gym I hit has a hand held electronic test that is supposed to be accurate within a percent. It only takes a couple of minutes very helpful to monitor progress.

I did the handheld one and it put me at 6.4% which is way off so I did a 3 point caliper and I was at 11% which is way more realistic lol.

Mountain Monster
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Ywas ,should have mentioned price and quality of the instrument in that post.lol I tested at 11% both time and with the caliber I was at 10% ,but with a cheaper version at academy I too was much lower

JTizzle
01-05-2012, 02:21 PM
If you are layin around the house and want to check there is a formula if you google bf%.. measure a few places and a lil bit of math.. prop 2-3% margin of error but it will work till you buy calipers or an instrument.. If you can't find it PM me and I'll see if it's in my browser history bro

PAiN
01-06-2012, 01:34 AM
I use calipers to check mine. Last time I used one of those cheap electronic ones it said I was at 28% BWAHAHAHA I have fucking abs lol