PDA

View Full Version : Cris Cyborg Suspended for Positive Steroid Test

STEROID
01-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Cris Cyborg Suspended for Positive Steroid Test
By Michael David Smith

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6247/54710665.jpg (http://bodybuilderselite.com/bbelite/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fimg84.imageshack.us%2Fimg84 %2F6247%2F54710665.jpg)

Cristiane "Cris Cyborg" Santos, widely regarded as the best female fighter in mixed martial arts, has been suspended for testing positive for steroids.

The California State Athletic Commission announced on Friday that it has suspended Cyborg because her drug test following her most recent fight, a 16-second knockout of Hiroko Yamanaka, came back positive for metabolites of the anabolic steroid stanozolol. The result of the Cyborg-Yamanaka fight will be changed to a no decision.

"Our primary concern is for the health and safety of fighters," CSAC Executive Officer George Dodd said in a statement. "Anabolic agents and other banned substances put not only the users of those agents at risk, but their opponents as well. The commission simply will not tolerate their use."

The CSAC's announcement did not say how long Cyborg will be suspended. She has also been fined $2,500.

This is bad news for Cyborg, Strikeforce, Showtime and for all of women's mixed martial arts. Cyborg has been the most dominant female fighter in the sport and one of the few women who draws fans to Strikeforce broadcasts on Showtime. It also calls into question whether her accomplishments in the cage have always been tainted by the use of performance-enhancing drugs. Women's MMA, which is struggling just to survive, just saw one of its highest-profile fighters get a major black eye.

STEROID
01-07-2012, 12:35 AM
The only thing you can say about this is................................DUH!!!!

spraynpray
01-07-2012, 01:28 AM
The only thing you can say about this is................................DUH!!!!Ya no kidding

Louie01
01-07-2012, 02:37 AM
Wow! cyborg uses steroids? Had no idea. At least we still have natty fighters like Alister Overeem : )

Mountain Monster
01-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Damn! Aren't they suppose to give you a notice before the test, so you can clean up? Lol

JTizzle
01-07-2012, 04:48 PM
They should leave it alone so womens MMA will stay and get more entertaining.. DUH lol

BIGBOSS
01-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Typical!!! As soon as someone gets alot of WINS under their belt they want to test someone. US seems to be the only country that is strick. International fighter can take what they want to get the job done. I guess its best to fight international, that way you can fight with the BODY that you BUILT yourself.

01-07-2012, 08:01 PM
tito knew long before the commission did ...LOL

BIGBOSS
01-07-2012, 11:31 PM
I just watched a few clips on her. She is a beast. A hurricane of aggression lol!!

STEROID
01-07-2012, 11:49 PM
I just watched a few clips on her. She is a beast. A hurricane of aggression lol!!

Thats an understatement.LOL

Shes definitely one bad ass bitch!!! LMAO.Really brought excitement to the womans MMA fighters and got people interested and watching.Sad.

STEROID
01-08-2012, 03:11 AM
Strikeforce champ Cris Santos apologizes for failed drug test, blames supplement

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5940/48203767.jpg (http://bodybuilderselite.com/bbelite/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fimg525.imageshack.us%2Fimg5 25%2F5940%2F48203767.jpg)

Strikeforce women's featherweight champion Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos has apologized for a failed drug test, but she's blaming a dietary supplement for it.

As MMAjunkie.com reported on Friday, Santos was suspended one year and fined $2,500 after failing a test at a Dec. 17 Strikeforce event.

Today, the 26-year-old Brazilian fighter issued a statement, though she denies she knowingly took any banned substances.

Santos tested positive for stanozolol metabolites (an anabolic steroid) following her "Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal" victory over Hiroko Yamanaka in San Diego. The victory, which would have been her 11th straight (and ninth via knockout), has been overturned and ruled a no-contest.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker issued a statement that called for the administrative process to play out, but UFC president Dana White later said Santos would be stripped of the belt (and that Strikeforce's entire 145-pound women's division could be abolished).

In Santos' statement, she said she struggled to make weight during fight camp, and she said she used a dietary supplement that may have unknowingly had a banned substance.

Her full statement:

I would like to sincerely apologize to Strikeforce, the Zuffa organization, Hioko Yamanaka and my fans for my failed drug test.

I am ultimately responsible for everything I put in my body, and at the end of the day, there is no excuse for having a prohibited substance in my system. I do not condone the use of any performance enhancing drugs by myself or any other professional athlete, and willingly accept the penalties and fines that have been handed down to me by the California State Athletic Commission and those of the Strikeforce/Zuffa organization.

While I was preparing myself for my last fight, I was having a difficult time cutting weight and used a dietary supplement that I was assured was safe and not prohibited from use in sports competition. It was never my intention to obtain an unfair advantage over Hiroko, mislead Strikeforce, the commission or my fans. I train harder than any fighter in MMA and do not need drugs to win in the cage, and I have proven this time and time again! My only mistake is not verifying the diet aid with my doctor beforehand, and understanding that it was not approved for use in the ring. Unfortunately in the end I suffer the consequences and must accept the responsibility for my actions.

I will do everything I can to show my fans that I can still compete at the professional level without the use of any prohibited substances, and ask God's forgiveness for my mistake.

Santos (10-1 MMA, 3-0 SF) can appeal her suspension with the CSAC.