PDA

View Full Version : Fucking Injuries

5forty
01-12-2018, 09:46 PM
I guess there's no real answer, but I'll ask anyway. What is the best way to avoid injury? Even though it's old, I recently saw the video of Matt Kroc tearing his quad on a set of 10. That just sucks. I've always felt safe with weights in the 10 rep range, but not anymore. I'm not at 545 for 10, but getting close and the thought of tearing a quad in the middle of a set makes me kinda sick. I'm over 40 now and have had no major injuries. Is the possibility of tearing a quad or pec or bicep just the way it is?

Here the link to the quad tear video

Quad tear squatting 545x1 - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDQT_zbJ5Yg)

bulk_cut
01-12-2018, 11:13 PM
Propper form and making sure you don't have any muscle imbalances.

oldmanpower
01-13-2018, 05:20 PM
The risk of injury is always going to be there. I swear by mobility work, and proper warm ups.

Donald53
01-13-2018, 05:38 PM
I can tell you this. I have great form, and I torn my peck. Took about 8 months to heal. I am not sure what happen. Doing 90lb dumbbell incline bench press. I felt a electrical Strom in my shoulder. Something must happen . The only thing I did different that day, was supper set with incline barbell press. Which I never do. I think it just could not take the stress. You just never know. I now to sets of 20 to keep me from going to 90s. A set of 20 0f 70s is just fine. Slow up, slow down at top cross over touch the dumbbells softly. You will never get hurt. If you can't do that, to heavy go lighter..

Good luck my friend, not how much you left But how you left.

roycehellion
06-22-2018, 09:05 PM
That sucks! I'm.paranoid of injury. I have a birth defect that makes me susceptible to hernias. I still have pain from a double surgery on one side that left scar tissue around my nerve cluster. Kept me on the couch chugging beer for 5 years.

Fuck that! I got so tired of never peeking at what my limit as as a human can be. Scared to death though. I herniated last month pushing a guys car, but took care of myself and it didn't strangulate. Back at it hard. Broke my max on dead lift Monday.

Fear is from the the devil, grab life by the fucking throat!!!

German89
06-23-2018, 01:03 AM
Proper warm up
Stretching
Rest

roycehellion
06-29-2018, 08:39 PM
Proper warm up
Stretching
Rest

Damn right, and it still happens, but you just gotta keep trying, right? Then recover if something happens.

German89
06-29-2018, 08:47 PM
Damn right, and it still happens, but you just gotta keep trying, right? Then recover if something happens.

Yeah.. or be a dumbass like me and ignore it lmao

Droid1988
06-29-2018, 09:27 PM
Mobility work helps a TON with injury prevention!! I try to spend 5-10 min pre and post workout daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shivathedestroyer
06-29-2018, 10:38 PM
Proper form
lots of stretching
avoid over training/stay in a good training volume range for your body
lots of rest/recovery

roycehellion
06-30-2018, 01:36 PM
That was my way when I was younger, but at 30 and falling off a motorcycle a lot I'm more like 45, I just can't do it anymore.

German89
06-30-2018, 01:54 PM
Almost 30.. and i still do it.. ill never learn

astevens2
10-15-2018, 08:01 PM
From a mechanical standpoint make sure to work both sides of the joint and not let tension sway too hard in one direction. I mean like dont have crazy quads and no hamstrings, powerful triceps and no biceps, etc. From a drug standpoint make sure to involve drugs that promote collagen synthesis. For exampe test diminishes CS, although drugs like deca, primo, eq, var, HGH all have been shown to increase collagen synthesis and thus preventing injury. Side note: Deca has been shown to have anti inflammatory properties as well.