PDA

View Full Version : Soooo... How did I retain conciousness?

born
01-18-2018, 12:11 AM
37mg/dL
Took it like a champ!
That is, if a champ eats all his kids fruit snacks while talking nonsense and chugging juice.
Lol!

G160
01-18-2018, 12:30 AM
37mg/dL
Took it like a champ!
That is, if a champ eats all his kids fruit snacks while talking nonsense and chugging juice.
Lol!Be careful man..

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

born
01-18-2018, 12:31 AM
Be careful man..

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Always. Fell asleed with the wrong carb timing.

AngieNY
01-18-2018, 01:02 AM
This isnt something you should be thumping your chest about man.
We'd hate to see a brother have some serious health implications when he's rolling the dice with slin. Please be careful.

born
01-18-2018, 01:10 AM
This isnt something you should be thumping your chest about man.
We'd hate to see a brother have some serious health implications when he's rolling the dice with slin. Please be careful.

Not thumping my chest.
Honestly never thought I would see a reading like that. I checked it three times though.

This is a good lesson for all though.
Dont go to sleep.

Wanderer
01-22-2018, 03:38 PM
Not thumping my chest.
Honestly never thought I would see a reading like that. I checked it three times though.

This is a good lesson for all though.
Dont go to sleep.

Is that a blood sugar monitor? Also, be careful bro. NEVER fall asleep when Insulin is active. (Assuming you’re running Humalog)

Youre going to have to suck it up and stay awake during the hours it’s active.

Wanderer
01-22-2018, 03:38 PM
Snip*

BNSFguy
01-26-2018, 07:03 PM
I, unfortunately did the same thing. I work out at night, and can't get the "super fast" acting Slin, only the Walmart fast acting slin "R" version. This definitely hits you a second time approximately 2 - 3 hours later. I did my usual 10 IU's, took my usual high glycemic carbs, protein shake, than another protein / carb meal. I always make sure to stay awake for 4 hours, but fell asleep watching TV. Woke up shaky as hell, rapid heart beat, etc.... I instantly knew I was sinking fast. Checked my blood sugar, "43". I immediately took additional high glycemic carbs with a glass of 100% grape juice. Even took 1 glucose tab. After 30 minutes, I was up over "70" and feeling normal. Slin is definitely nothing to sleep on, especially if you aren't using really fast acting slin. I've since lowered my slin dose if it's late at night. Just too dangerous.

born
01-26-2018, 07:23 PM
I, unfortunately did the same thing. I work out at night, and can't get the "super fast" acting Slin, only the Walmart fast acting slin "R" version. This definitely hits you a second time approximately 2 - 3 hours later. I did my usual 10 IU's, took my usual high glycemic carbs, protein shake, than another protein / carb meal. I always make sure to stay awake for 4 hours, but fell asleep watching TV. Woke up shaky as hell, rapid heart beat, etc.... I instantly knew I was sinking fast. Checked my blood sugar, "43". I immediately took additional high glycemic carbs with a glass of 100% grape juice. Even took 1 glucose tab. After 30 minutes, I was up over "70" and feeling normal. Slin is definitely nothing to sleep on, especially if you aren't using really fast acting slin. I've since lowered my slin dose if it's late at night. Just too dangerous.

I run script novolog. Its faster actng than the non script but hangs out twice as lon as hr and nr.