PDA

View Full Version : Philosophy/religion- Jordan peterson

Fancycat69
01-20-2018, 01:12 PM
Anyone watch Jordan Peterson on YouTube? He has some great insight on philosophy and religion from a psychological perspective. Check him out if u have time

superdrolgyno
01-20-2018, 03:16 PM
The man is awesome. Everyone should give a few of his vids a listen

Primemuscle
01-20-2018, 05:45 PM
I’ve never watched his YouTube stuff. Just seen him on Instagram but the dude is legit. Really knows his stuff. I’ll have to check out his YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primemuscle
01-20-2018, 05:46 PM
I’ve never watched his YouTube stuff. Just seen him on Instagram but the dude is legit. Really knows his stuff. I’ll have to check out his YouTube

Nvm I meant Jordan Peters my mistake. Thought perhaps he went beyond training and got a little philosophical. I’ll still check this dude out tho

Thor I Am
01-20-2018, 05:55 PM
I will have to check this out.

Fancycat69
01-20-2018, 07:00 PM
Yes this is not really lifting related it’s more life philosophy. Super smart dude though he has some great debates and podcasts.

Fancycat69
01-20-2018, 07:02 PM
Here’s a good vid:

Jordan Peterson - Wasting Time and Opportunities - YouTube (https://youtu.be/xY48e1oDXSU)

Primemuscle
01-20-2018, 11:52 PM
Yes this is not really lifting related it’s more life philosophy. Super smart dude though he has some great debates and podcasts.

I realized that when I went to YouTube him lol. Not the mass monster I expected to see. More like his anorexic step brother . But still looks interesting, always down to look into philosophical/life stuff. Definitely going to check it out

Fancycat69
01-21-2018, 06:11 PM
I realized that when I went to YouTube him lol. Not the mass monster I expected to see. More like his anorexic step brother . But still looks interesting, always down to look into philosophical/life stuff. Definitely going to check it out

Yes it’s just thought provoking content that can be applied to anyone’s life.

I actually do think of it from a bodybuilding lifestyle perspective.

Why do I care about how I look in the mirror? Putting in all this time to try and be aesthetically pleasing when eventually everything will wither away and I’ll die.

Why do anything for that matter then?

Primemuscle
01-21-2018, 06:31 PM
Yes it’s just thought provoking content that can be applied to anyone’s life.

I actually do think of it from a bodybuilding lifestyle perspective.

Why do I care about how I look in the mirror? Putting in all this time to try and be aesthetically pleasing when eventually everything will wither away and I’ll die.

Why do anything for that matter then?

That’s an interesting way to look at things. Considering we are a soul living temporarily in a body and our physical form will not carry over with us into the next life. But I think for me: it’s mind, body & soul. So sometimes my form of church is going to the gym and pushing my mental and physical limits to reach a new level. But also there are times I need church or refer to the Bible for guidance or to get a better perspective. I like a healthy combination of both.

Fancycat69
01-21-2018, 08:41 PM
That’s an interesting way to look at things. Considering we are a soul living temporarily in a body and our physical form will not carry over with us into the next life. But I think for me: it’s mind, body & soul. So sometimes my form of church is going to the gym and pushing my mental and physical limits to reach a new level. But also there are times I need church or refer to the Bible for guidance or to get a better perspective. I like a healthy combination of both.

Yes I agree that the gym is definitely a way to “meditate” in a way. When you push yourself to your limits it changes your mindset about hardships in general.

As far as life meaning goes: that’s a ongoing debate that everyone will learn once their dead lol. However I think it’s safe to say that if there is any form of after life you will be better off if you spend your time in this life constantly striving to improve yourself in some way

Electromass
01-21-2018, 08:47 PM
If you’ve got 30 minutes it will be well spent to watch Jordan Peterson make this SJW look like an idiot who doesn’t want to hear anything but her own opinions.

https://youtu.be/aMcjxSThD54

Fancycat69
01-21-2018, 09:11 PM
If you’ve got 30 minutes it will be well spent to watch Jordan Peterson make this SJW look like an idiot who doesn’t want to hear anything but her own options.

https://youtu.be/aMcjxSThD54

Yes I’ve seen this. That lady was so annoying. After everything Peterson said “so you’re saying that (insert sexist statement)” trying to bait him

Electromass
01-21-2018, 09:15 PM
Yes I’ve seen this. That lady was so annoying. After everything Peterson said “so you’re saying that (insert sexist statement)” trying to bait him
Yes, this is how these people operate. It’s like they have a fucking hearing problem. But I really think that it’s just a short circuit between their brain and their ears!

Fancycat69
01-21-2018, 09:27 PM
I also like how this points out that equality of outcome in the work place does not mean that the world is equal. Every job doesn’t have to be proportionate to sex and race. Maybe people of different races and genders want to do different things! Well, not in the mind of liberals. Until every job is equally divided between women and men they won’t be happy. They’ll even have the government do some affirmative action bs in order to achieve it