PDA

View Full Version : Conor stripped

michael
01-22-2018, 01:40 AM
I saw Dana saying he was going to have to strip Connor because he doesn’t want to fight until September does anyone know if this has happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kubes
01-22-2018, 01:43 AM
I haven’t seen anything on it.

Xtreme4Life
01-22-2018, 01:43 AM
I saw an announcement that Khabib and Ferguson were fighting for the title in April. That can't happen unless Conor is actually being stripped.

kubes
01-22-2018, 01:44 AM
I saw an announcement that Khabib and Ferguson were fighting for the title in April. That can't happen unless Conor is actually being stripped.

I think it’s the interim title

Xtreme4Life
01-22-2018, 01:48 AM
I think it’s the interim title

Ferg already has the interim. It has to be for the title or just another fight. Khabib has already stated he won't fight for the interim, only the title. I'd make a healthy wager it's for the actual title or it's not happening.

kubes
01-22-2018, 01:50 AM
Ferg already has the interim. It has to be for the title or just another fight. Khabib has already stated he won't fight for the interim, only the title. I'd make a healthy wager it's for the actual title or it's not happening.

No I heard they are fighting for the interim title and the winner gets the next fight with Connar. I have seen interim title holders defend before if the champ can’t compete

Xtreme4Life
01-22-2018, 01:51 AM
No I heard they are fighting for the interim title and the winner gets the next fight with Connar. I have seen interim title holders defend before if the champ can’t compete

How confident are you in that?

kubes
01-22-2018, 01:59 AM
How confident are you in that?

It’s just what I heard I didn’t see Dana post anything but we know Dana wants Conor yo fight cause it’s a big payday. Idk if Dana would strip him of the belt if he can get him to defend it.

Dont wanna be old
01-22-2018, 02:00 AM
Did anyone see Big John McCarthey is a commentator for Bellator ?
Jimmy Smith jumped to the UFC team .
DWBO

Xtreme4Life
01-22-2018, 02:02 AM
It’s just what I heard I didn’t see Dana post anything but we know Dana wants Conor yo fight cause it’s a big payday. Idk if Dana would strip him of the belt if he can get him to defend it.

This is from Ariel Helwani 2 days ago:

Twitter (https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/954479652587888641)

And this is from the UFC website, also 2 days ago:

Ferguson, Khabib fight to be champion at UFC 223 | UFC &reg - News (http://www.ufc.com/news/Ferguson-Khabib-fight-to-be-champion-at-UFC-223)

It's definitely for the title.

babybull34
01-22-2018, 03:19 AM
This is from Ariel Helwani 2 days ago:

Twitter (https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/954479652587888641)

And this is from the UFC website, also 2 days ago:

Ferguson, Khabib fight to be champion at UFC 223 | UFC &reg - News (http://www.ufc.com/news/Ferguson-Khabib-fight-to-be-champion-at-UFC-223)

It's definitely for the title.

This is news to me. There has to be more to this story than to just take the title from Connor for wanting to wait to fight until September. Eight to nine months is a long while but not unheard of.

babybull34
01-22-2018, 03:20 AM
DWBO

I have always been a huge fan of Big John. The guy is truly stand up. One of the best refs in the biz and has been around it since the beginning.

Xtreme4Life
01-22-2018, 03:26 AM
This is news to me. There has to be more to this story than to just take the title from Connor for wanting to wait to fight until September. Eight to nine months is a long while but not unheard of.

I believe he has recently surpassed the longest period of a time for any UFC champion to not defend their title. Now he's talking about going another 8 or so months.

There have been others that have obviously gone a while, but almost always at least in part due to a legitimate injury or health problem. Connor has no such excuses. He has yet to defend either title in the UFC even once. I'm still a Connor fan and if he wants to take time off to enjoy his millions and spend time with his son, good on him. But he can't expect put the rest of the division on hold for over a year to do so.

kubes
01-22-2018, 03:38 AM
DWBO

I did... Did you guys see Gilbert Melendez is a commentator on ESPN?

hamsy523
01-22-2018, 04:13 AM
Even Dana said Conner may never fight again and I agree. The guy has over 100 million in the bank.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

kubes
01-22-2018, 04:29 AM
Even Dana said Conner may never fight again and I agree. The guy has over 100 million in the bank.

I heard he is trying to set up another boxing match. Mabe Pac for a big payday. I mean you cant blame him he makes a ton more money then fighting in the ufc

Dont wanna be old
01-22-2018, 04:37 AM
I did... Did you guys see Gilbert Melendez is a commentator on ESPN?
No I missed seeing that one .
DWBO

hamsy523
01-22-2018, 04:51 AM
I heard he is trying to set up another boxing match. Mabe Pac for a big payday. I mean you cant blame him he makes a ton more money then fighting in the ufcExactly. And from what i read Conner really was dirt poor before he got on his winning streak which wasn't that long ago so i do think the money may change him. We all know that fighting to eat and fighting for fun are two different animals

Bombarinos
02-16-2018, 06:51 PM
Plus heard hes got a bounty on his head in ireland