PDA

View Full Version : Health Benefits of Coconut Water

STEROID
01-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Health Benefits of Coconut Water

Coconut water comes from young coconuts. The only beneficial type of coconut water comes directly from the coconut. These are green coconuts, not the brown ones. The green ones are the only ones with the water. You may not find the green coconuts in your store as such. They may already be peeled and awaiting you to crack them. When peeled, the coconuts look like a circular white hut with a pointed top and flat bottom.

Nutritious and Low in Calories

Coconut water is one of the most nutritious drinks without adding extra calories. You can substitute it for a serving of water each day and enjoy the additional benefits. It's a less concentrated method of getting the benefits of the coconut. Coconut water is alkalizing water. That means it helps move your body into an alkaline state, which is a healthy state. It aids digestion and helps control your blood sugar while it beefs up your metabolism.

Since it does aid in your metabolism and provides you with additional energy, it's far better to drink than milk, orange juice or most other juices if you're dieting. You'll get additional energy that also allows you to exercise longer. It also has many minerals, vitamins, and natural sugars to give that energy but is far lower in calories than most drinks...except water...of course.

Used as IV Fluid

You'll find that many authorities note that coconut water is isotonic but often fail to let you know what that means or how it's beneficial. Isotonic has to do with the density and pressure exerted by the cell fluids. Coconut water has the same density so there's no disturbance of pressure on the cell or from within the cell. Inside the shell, it's sterile. This makes coconut water an adequate IV fluid for those suffering from dehydration. You might find it comical to look at pictures where they use the coconut for an IV. You'll see the coconut hanging with an IV tube coming from it.

Antifungal, Antibacterial, Antiviral

Coconut water has antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties so it aids in treatment of diseases. Since it's so mild on the system, you can give it to babies with upset stomachs. It's also quite beneficial for patients undergoing cancer treatments. However, in this case, consultation with a physician is always best before you embark on the therapy.

Can Normalize Blood Pressure

The coconut water helps many of your vital organs operate better, such as your kidneys and liver, and can normalize your blood pressure. In addition to that, the young coconut water is high in vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid. There's normally about 2.2 to 3.7 mg per ml. The older the coconut gets the less ascorbic acid it contains. There are also B vitamins in young coconut water.

Coconut water contains minerals necessary for a healthy body. More than half the minerals in coconut water is potassium. However, the other minerals include copper, iron phosphorous, chlorides and sulphur. Because of the concentration of the minerals and the proportions, coconut water is a good way to maintain your electrolyte balance. The small amount of protein in the coconut water is mostly alanine, arginine, cystine, and serene. It's higher in percentage in the coconut than it is in cow's milk. There are other important amino acids in coconut water in addition to these four.

Nocode8511
01-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Coconut water will also make you sh*t if you drink to much of it! Learned that in PR a few weeks ago, lol.

paolo123
01-10-2012, 03:43 AM
aint nothing better then walking on the beach with a coconut drinking the water in it.:)

Mountain Monster
01-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Great post fist! A woman from my gym was just asking about these benefits thanks!

BIGBOSS
01-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Great benefits!!! I think i will stick to regular H2O. Thanks for the info!!!

STEROID
01-11-2012, 01:45 AM
Coconut water will also make you sh*t if you drink to much of it! Learned that in PR a few weeks ago, lol.

Everyone has a different reaction to everything and can digest or absorb foods differently.Ive never had this happen to me but maybe I just didn't drink enough.Well actually its hard to say because the amount of food I take in,especially the protein shakes gives me the shits all day any way so I guess I wouldn't notice the difference.LOL

STEROID
01-11-2012, 01:46 AM
aint nothing better then walking on the beach with a coconut drinking the water in it.:)

Agreed.Especially when you have a beautiful woman on your arm to share it with.

STEROID
01-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Great post fist! A woman from my gym was just asking about these benefits thanks!

No problem MM.Glad I could be such a timely help.LOL

STEROID
01-11-2012, 01:48 AM
Great benefits!!! I think i will stick to regular H2O. Thanks for the info!!!

You're welcome.Hey brother,as they say,don't knock it till you try it.It may end up being one of your fav's.