PDA

View Full Version : Top of knee cap

Biggaintime
01-27-2018, 05:05 PM
The top of my knee cap has been bothering me. Does anybody have this problem and know specifically what it is

Electromass
01-27-2018, 05:43 PM
The top of my knee cap has been bothering me. Does anybody have this problem and know specifically what it is
Could you give us more specifics? Like, directly on top? I.e. dead center of the cap, or top as in from the floor up top?

bulk_cut
01-27-2018, 06:31 PM
You either have a tight IT band with trigger points especially in the lower 1/3 portion going down past you knee cap - a under active VMO that probably has trigger points. And may also have a tight lateral gastronemious(spelling?) - tight adductor muscles - weak glute major and medious.

Get a good foam roller (VERY FIRM that about 2ft long - you can buy it al Walmart for about $20) and roll those areas out. Look up self myofascial release and foam rolling techniques online. Some of the foam rollers have instructions with them.

bigjim5
01-28-2018, 12:59 AM
That's a pretty interesting diagnosis considering the symptom was about 4 words.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bulk_cut
01-28-2018, 01:24 AM
That's a pretty interesting diagnosis considering the symptom was about 4 words.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm EXTREMELY good at what I do..!!! I've been refered to as a magician by my clients more than once.

babybull34
01-28-2018, 04:33 AM

Did you owe any body money???

jk

babybull34
01-28-2018, 04:34 AM
You either have a tight IT band with trigger points especially in the lower 1/3 portion going down past you knee cap - a under active VMO that probably has trigger points. And may also have a tight lateral gastronemious(spelling?) - tight adductor muscles - weak glute major and medious.

Get a good foam roller (VERY FIRM that about 2ft long - you can buy it al Walmart for about $20) and roll those areas out. Look up self myofascial release and foam rolling techniques online. Some of the foam rollers have instructions with them.

That's pretty darn impressive, BC.

Are you a PT or LMT?

Biggaintime
01-29-2018, 04:12 AM
Hurts when walking. More when walking down hill. Like someone is sticking a pry bar on the top of knee cap and trying to pull it off. I do not go heavy on leg day. I do not owe anybody money. No baseball bats to the knee lately.

Biggaintime
01-29-2018, 04:21 AM

Say what? Are you speaking Greek or something. Shucks I should have finished school. Gonna say no on the adductor. But perhaps its the tendon above the patella eh?

bulk_cut
01-29-2018, 04:38 AM
Say what? Are you speaking Greek or something. Shucks I should have finished school. Gonna say no on the adductor. But perhaps its the tendon above the patella eh?

It's not the tendon above your knee cap!! Look up the things I wrote online and do them and you'll feel better!!

Biggaintime
01-29-2018, 05:01 AM
It's not the tendon above your knee cap!! Look up the things I wrote online and do them and you'll feel better!!

I lean towards the vmo one. Thanks for input

Biggaintime
01-29-2018, 05:06 AM
Looking it up quickly. Is (underactive) vmo as it sounds.
Back story
I had another unrelated injury for 6 years and didn't train. Recently after surgery I'm back in the gym and up 25 pounds on my body more to carry. And started to introduce leg day but the knee deal put that to a halt.

LEE GASPARI
02-11-2018, 01:53 AM
I have the same issue right now. It's all on top of the knee cap, no pain at all underneath. It's an acute pain for me. But it last for well over a week. I've had it before, and I self-diagnose it as chrondromalacia(sp). I do ice and heat it alternately. Does not help I've been to the ortho and he can't even diagnose it. I'm waiting to see if I get approved for some Synvisc injections. Do you guys have any knowledge on this Synvisc? It's rather expensive. I have tried foam rolling in the past, but that shit is so painful.

Bench500
02-11-2018, 03:40 PM
I had the same symptoms for year...on June 2, 2002 I sustained a complete quad rupture requiring major surgery

sullinatah
02-11-2018, 08:36 PM
I have the same exact pain. Its worse when I stand up from sitting, going down stairs, or bending down. Hacks bother it a little too. Been dealing with it for that past couple weeks. I have extremely tight IT bands and I think its just from really tight quads in general pulling on the knee. I see a PT for my back and he's been trying to fix the knee, but nothing yet. Leg days are fine once I get warmed up, knee sleeves also help.

Topsecret
02-11-2018, 08:42 PM
I had to get mine X-ray'd, seen a sports doctor and have condromalacia.

Lesson learned. If you have a bad joint especially knees. Get it checked bro. I'm sitting in a real bad spot now where eventually i'll need a knee replacement.