PDA

View Full Version : How to tell if you hit a nerve

sky
01-30-2018, 02:16 AM
Pretty sure I hit a nerve on a thigh pin.

Soon as I hit muscle my leg started to convulse . Has anybody else done this ... Just so happens I had to try 4 different spots first 1 I was at a painful spot and didn't want to force througg then the leg convulse thing thing another extremely painful spot but the 4th didn't feel it whole way through which is how it's always been ... crappy pin day but that convulse thing freaked me out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

born
01-30-2018, 02:33 AM
Yes. Involuntary movement means nerve contact.

I used to have my gf suck while she was pinning my glutes. I knocked her unconcious involuntarily. She stands behind me now.

sumguy
01-30-2018, 02:40 AM
Pretty sure I hit a nerve on a thigh pin.

Soon as I hit muscle my leg started to convulse . Has anybody else done this ... Just so happens I had to try 4 different spots first 1 I was at a painful spot and didn't want to force througg then the leg convulse thing thing another extremely painful spot but the 4th didn't feel it whole way through which is how it's always been ... crappy pin day but that convulse thing freaked me out.

R. I haven't personally, but one of my doctor's did and the needle popped out when I flinched. I'm guessing he must have hit a nerve during the EMG test.

What guage needle and length are you using?

sky
01-30-2018, 02:54 AM
R. I haven't personally, but one of my doctor's did and the needle popped out when I flinched. I'm guessing he must have hit a nerve during the EMG test.

What guage needle and length are you using?1.5" 23 guage

sky
01-30-2018, 02:57 AM

I used to have my gf suck while she was pinning my glutes. I knocked her unconcious involuntarily. She stands behind me now.Lucky man the probably was the worst pin you ever had due to the consequences though at least it woulda been for me haha

Themaskedrider
01-30-2018, 03:01 AM
This is why I can’t do quads. Last time ended up in urgent care with an infection. I’ve never successfully pinned my quads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

itsme
01-30-2018, 03:12 AM
you really just need a 1" pin... if u guys are stickn in the mid area of thigh either front or side that may be too low. move up .. if u stand and go bout 6 inches down from ur hip bone , to me i hit no nerves .. lower in mid yes and it hurts ..

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

kubes
01-30-2018, 03:14 AM
you really just need a 1" pin... if u guys are stickn in the mid area of thigh either front or side that may be too low. move up .. if u stand and go bout 6 inches down from ur hip bone , to me i hit no nerves .. lower in mid yes and it hurts ..

You hit the area around we’re your pocket would be. I’m using 1 inch pins now just cause that’s what I have but I can use 5/8 no problem in that area

itsme
01-30-2018, 03:16 AM
You hit the area around we’re your pocket would be. I’m using 1 inch pins now just cause that’s what I have but I can use 5/8 no problem in that areayea thats pretty easy way of putn it...

sky
01-30-2018, 04:10 AM
yea thats pretty easy way of putn it...

Sent from my SM-G360P using TapatalkI usually pin about 1 in to the right or left of the bottom of my pocket (right on right leg, left on leg) the nerve would been on the edge of the bottom of the pocket area (I try to alternate the pin spot by 1" for thigh pins)

sky
01-30-2018, 04:12 AM
This is why I can’t do quads. Last time ended up in urgent care with an infection. I’ve never successfully pinned my quads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProOuch I'm extremely careful and sanitary I know this doesn't make it 100% but hopefully I never get an infection but mind me asking how you got the infection? When I had the spasm I stopped and cleaned the area then waite for the the hole to close up before hitting the next spot. But I could see if you were in the muscle this being difficult to controll.

Themaskedrider
01-30-2018, 04:19 AM
Think I went too low and went through the muscle. Big red hot spot that kept growing. I cleaned the area good. Dr said I was just unlucky and it was just a bad stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DD79
01-30-2018, 04:30 AM
Never hit a nerve self pinning. But the wife has hit them pinning both my glutes and delts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggaintime
01-30-2018, 04:08 PM
This Thread is giving me a Tourette's twitch

Biggaintime
01-30-2018, 04:09 PM
Never hit a nerve self pinning. But the wife has hit them pinning both my glutes and delts.

If my wife did that to me. Let me tell you......:fightin_baby:

DD79
01-30-2018, 06:05 PM
If my wife did that to me. Let me tell you......:fightin_baby:

Haha, wasn’t too bad. Delt resulted in a small twitch. Glute jumped like it was hooked up to a tens unit!

Couchlockd
01-30-2018, 06:15 PM

I used to have my gf suck while she was pinning my glutes. I knocked her unconcious involuntarily. She stands behind me now.

Lol
Like putting shoes on a horse. Hehe

Boxsquatter
01-30-2018, 08:03 PM
You have to be careful it’s the thigh. If you are on the side of your quad thier is a nerve called the perennial nerve. It is a major nerve in your flute and leg. It is so sensitive that when restraining someone on the ground if you knee them in thier perennial nerve it will stop them dead. Anyway if you are on top of your thigh I would like someone said stay no lower than mid quad and as high as close to your hip. And I only use 1-1/2 23 g pins. Just be careful and make sure you are sitting it takes the tension off your muscles..

sumguy
01-30-2018, 08:05 PM
1.5" 23 guage

R. That's a fairly large pin. I don't know what you are injecting, some esters require a larger pin, but if its just regular Test (Test Cyp, Test E or Prop), then try a 30G - 1/2" slin pin. Has been working okay for me on low dose TRT. Can run warm/hot tap water over the loaded pin for a smoother inject.

Nwill135
01-30-2018, 08:20 PM
I use a 25g 1” or 1.5”. Go in around where pockets on my pants would sit. Never hit a nerve there. If I go lower around mid quad I hit one everyone once in awhile

Couchlockd
01-30-2018, 08:29 PM
....when the other person suddenly gets extremely pissed and wants to fight.....

I had to.

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

Boxsquatter
01-30-2018, 10:16 PM
When your wife tells you your an asshole...!!!! HAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT

Xtreme4Life
01-30-2018, 10:26 PM
I use a 5/8" 25ga for quads. Go right for that pocket area others have mentioned, in the meat of the outer quad above the IT band. No issues for quite some time. The 5/8" probably wouldn't work if you're carrying some decent BF though.

PJ034
01-31-2018, 08:09 AM
Go online and look up a nerve map of the body... while you're at it look up veins and arteries too. These aren't full proof but they will give you a general idea where you can stick needles. You actually can do permanent irreversible damage... rare and unlikely but definitely possible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WillBench
02-01-2018, 08:39 AM
If you are somewhat thin 5/8 is the way to go bro.

benlash74
02-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Yea that crap hurts like hell. First time I hit one I was fairly new to pinning and it took all the courage I could muster to stick the damn thing in so I just left it and proceeded to inject the oils. Man I couldn't walk for a week. Lol I still hate quads to thos day. Chest, shoulders, glutes no issues at all. I'm still after four years working the courage up to hit quads again. Everytime it has hurt for days.

BNSFguy
02-03-2018, 07:28 AM
I switched to back loading 29 GA x .500 slin pins. They work great !!!! Only takes an extra minute and I've never had an infection, hit a nerve, or caused extensive muscle scarring. These work great for pinning small muscles and in your legs, you can pin virtually anywhere. Doesn't hurt at all and it really increases your pinning rotation, especially if your pinning daily using short half life compounds like Tren Ace or test prop. I'll never go back to using large IM needles.

GurthQuake
02-03-2018, 08:48 AM
Word .. makes sense