PDA

View Full Version : The home gym ace up the sleeve!

Anzel
02-05-2018, 10:03 PM
I'm lucky enough to have a basement where I set up a power rack along with a compliment of dumbells and various accessories. I can get it all done one way or another. But I hardly use it cause I like to train at the gym and I also am lucky that there is a gym at my work....
I was on my way to the gym this morning when my wife called saying I had to return home cause my kid was sick.
So I went home and made sure my kid was comfortable in front of the tv with some juice and I went downstairs to crush.
I just wanted to share cause it's a good idea to set up something at home (if you can obviously) to cover your ass for whatever comes up.

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.ru representative

Visit Puritysourcelabs.ru or PM me.

SunBorne
02-16-2018, 04:51 AM
I have always been a fan of the big boxes, but I always run into something that drives me crazy there. I built a power rack and some bumper plates and have never looked back. I can crank my tunes as loud as I want, and not wait for a bench to be free. Your example is a good one as well.

born
02-16-2018, 05:03 AM
I'm lucky enough to have a basement where I set up a power rack along with a compliment of dumbells and various accessories. I can get it all done one way or another. But I hardly use it cause I like to train at the gym and I also am lucky that there is a gym at my work....
I was on my way to the gym this morning when my wife called saying I had to return home cause my kid was sick.
So I went home and made sure my kid was comfortable in front of the tv with some juice and I went downstairs to crush.
I just wanted to share cause it's a good idea to set up something at home (if you can obviously) to cover your ass for whatever comes up.

Anzel
Puritysourcelabs.ru representative

Visit Puritysourcelabs.ru or PM me.

Guys made fun of me said I was pissing in the wind only working out at home. Not so.

I put on most of my mass in an apartment livingroom and had to spend more time getting my weights out and packing them away than the damn workout took.

I finally moved my benck and stuff to a storage locker and worked out from there in the blazing heat of a non climate controlled tin shed. The floor would be soaked in thirty minutes.

Now I have my own little downstairs dungeon. Only things I wish I had are a leg press and calf raise machine.

Having to do what I had to do to work out was a pain in the ass but it took dedication that helps now that I have it easy. Home gyms are the shit.

born
02-16-2018, 05:08 AM
Broke my bench the other day. Hoping to get this soon.

Caveman
02-16-2018, 05:12 AM
I agree I lift at home as well no gyms close to where I live I would have to drive 30 min just to get to one

born
02-16-2018, 05:17 AM
Two things I learned when selecting, make sure the bench seat lowers for declines and make sure your rack is a full box frame. You set 400lb on a pos stick frame and pretty soon you will be scared to squat for fear of it collapsing.

Caveman
02-16-2018, 05:21 AM
Broke my bench the other day. Hoping to get this soon.
Hell yeah that would work

Thor I Am
02-16-2018, 05:23 AM
Your a good dad! Home taking care of you kid! A good place to workout at home just in case you can't make it to the gym is a great stand by. I work out at home and have for about 25 years. Don't have to wait for anything, talk to anybody, listen to what I want and workout whenever I want.

SunBorne
02-16-2018, 05:25 AM
Well said, Born. A calf machine is something I long for, and probably one reason why I think about a gym membership. I hit calves after my leg workout and it's a pretty funny site seeing me try to use various items for a platform with 300+ on my back. Never quite works.

born
02-16-2018, 05:34 AM
Well said, Born. A calf machine is something I long for, and probably one reason why I think about a gym membership. I hit calves after my leg workout and it's a pretty funny site seeing me try to use various items for a platform with 300+ on my back. Never quite works.

I use pipe insulation around a barbell and set it close to my knees with my feet 45 plates. I do 5 sets sitting and 5 standing alternating with no rest. Probably my least favorite workout with that and abs

born
02-16-2018, 05:39 AM
Hell yeah that would work

They had one for $700 at academy sports. Gotta quit being so tight and get it. I don't blink spending $700 on gear lol

Caveman
02-16-2018, 05:41 AM
You guys probably laugh at me but one thing you can do if you got the space is a tractor tire and the heaviest sledgehammer you can find beat the hell out of that tire for awhile you will be surprised how good of a workout that is

Caveman
02-16-2018, 05:45 AM
They had one for $700 at academy sports. Gotta quit being so tight and get it. I don't blink spending $700 on gear lol
Yeah for sure looks like a good deal I know what you mean there I'm same way if its any thing else I cringe but gear I don't mind

babybull34
02-16-2018, 05:48 AM
Anzel and born, I completely agree. Now that I am used to working out at home, there is no turning back.

Gyms = too much humanity for me.