PDA

View Full Version : Lantus protocol

Primemuscle
02-06-2018, 01:15 AM
I’ve been researching into Lantus insulin for a protocol to start a baseline at however there doesn’t really seem to be a set starting point like there is with the shorter acting forms of insulin. So the objective of this post is to hopefully get someone whose used Lantus to shed some light on a good starting point and how to acclimate from there.

If not perhaps some of y’all can give your opinion based off of what you’ve read and understood.

Here’s what I’ve collected thus far for Lantus protocol:

Best dosing protocol would be to split up doses into two pins: one at 65% total ius for the day and the second pin administered 12 hours later at 35% total ius for the day (Mike Arnold protocol)

Two ways to start using Lantus -
1) start at 1iu for every 20lbs of bodyweight (example: 222lbs = 11ius of Lantus for baseline dosage) then add from there every 6-7 days or as needed.

2) start at 20ius and up dosage by 10ius every week for 4 weeks total (i.e. W1 - 20ius, W2 - 30ius, W3 - 40ius, W5 - 50ius then stop after week 4 for 4-6 weeks and bring insulin sensitivity down)

Can pin humalog pre and/or post workout (starting at 3-5ius)

Also Lantus does peak, based off of real life experiences from using usually within several hours after pinning so be aware of that

That’s what I’ve got, so please feel free to add anything or correct anything I may have not properly assessed. Appreciate the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joko123
02-06-2018, 01:37 AM
Mike Arnold has a differnt protocol out that one is kind of his outdated one.

I’ve used it on top of my humalog as well. It really doesn’t peak it has like a 12-16 hr active life it’s not a real true 24 hr insulin.

Start slow and work your way up it’s very hard to go hypo becusse it releases very slowly. Something I would not run everyday unless you would like to become a diabetic

50 units sounds like a lot but if it relasss over 12-16 hrs pulsing a little bit every two hrs it’s not a lot at all

G160
02-06-2018, 01:41 AM
I’ve been researching into Lantus insulin for a protocol to start a baseline at however there doesn’t really seem to be a set starting point like there is with the shorter acting forms of insulin. So the objective of this post is to hopefully get someone whose used Lantus to shed some light on a good starting point and how to acclimate from there.

If not perhaps some of y’all can give your opinion based off of what you’ve read and understood.

Here’s what I’ve collected thus far for Lantus protocol:

Best dosing protocol would be to split up doses into two pins: one at 65% total ius for the day and the second pin administered 12 hours later at 35% total ius for the day (Mike Arnold protocol)

Two ways to start using Lantus -
1) start at 1iu for every 20lbs of bodyweight (example: 222lbs = 11ius of Lantus for baseline dosage) then add from there every 6-7 days or as needed.

2) start at 20ius and up dosage by 10ius every week for 4 weeks total (i.e. W1 - 20ius, W2 - 30ius, W3 - 40ius, W5 - 50ius then stop after week 4 for 4-6 weeks and bring insulin sensitivity down)

Can pin humalog pre and/or post workout (starting at 3-5ius)

Also Lantus does peak, based off of real life experiences from using usually within several hours after pinning so be aware of that

That’s what I’ve got, so please feel free to add anything or correct anything I may have not properly assessed. Appreciate the input

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe only thing i would have the knowledge to slightly disagree is with abrupt stop, id titrate dose and for the following 4-6 weeks switch to IGF1 lr3 or metformin.
2. Monitor blood glucose levels religiously
3. Diet has to be dissciplined to the max cant skip meals and id also keep carb levels high to be safe rather than intra-carb shakes.
4. Use fast digesting proteins creatine pepto pro etc..intra with carbs post workout and measure levels before sleep,
I would not take night shots of this unless you got your alarm set for feeding. I wake up twice at night starving i dont know why so for me that wouldnt be a problem but most people arent fucked in the head like i am and why risk going hypo...

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Primemuscle
02-06-2018, 01:41 AM
Mike Arnold has a differnt protocol out that one is kind of his outdated one.

I’ve used it on top of my humalog as well. It really doesn’t peak it has like a 12-16 hr active life it’s not a real true 24 hr insulin.

Start slow and work your way up it’s very hard to go hypo becusse it releases very slowly. Something I would not run everyday unless you would like to become a diabetic

50 units sounds like a lot but if it relasss over 12-16 hrs pulsing a little bit every two hrs it’s not a lot at all

Was hoping you’d chime in on the topic so thank you brotha. Always like to hear your perspective on things.

And ok so expect more of a 12-16 hour duration rather then a 24, duly noted. I was figuring if it released anywhere from 22-26 hours then starting at 20ius is nothing since it will steadily release for that time. However it’s slightly different with 12-16 but nothing astronomical.

I was also reading Lantus is better used every day for shorter durations (2-4 weeks) if you wanted to build up the dosage.

However I’m curious to know how you run Lantus with your log. If you don’t want to post in the thread just PM me if you don’t mind sharing

Primemuscle
02-06-2018, 02:01 AM
The only thing i would have the knowledge to slightly disagree is with abrupt stop, id titrate dose and for the following 4-6 weeks switch to IGF1 lr3 or metformin.
2. Monitor blood glucose levels religiously
3. Diet has to be dissciplined to the max cant skip meals and id also keep carb levels high to be safe rather than intra-carb shakes.
4. Use fast digesting proteins creatine pepto pro etc..intra with carbs post workout and measure levels before sleep,
I would not take night shots of this unless you got your alarm set for feeding. I wake up twice at night starving i dont know why so for me that wouldnt be a problem but most people arent fucked in the head like i am and why risk going hypo...

Those are solid guidelines G. Thanks for sharing!

I figure the carbs and proteins remain the same just how much is consumed over the duration of the day varies because of how long Lantus is active versus humalog or humulin R. I’ll probably start at 15-20ius if Lantus and use log pre workout at around 3-5ius to start then adjust from there

G160
Was hoping you’d chime in on the topic so thank you brotha. Always like to hear your perspective on things.

And ok so expect more of a 12-16 hour duration rather then a 24, duly noted. I was figuring if it released anywhere from 22-26 hours then starting at 20ius is nothing since it will steadily release for that time. However it’s slightly different with 12-16 but nothing astronomical.

I was also reading Lantus is better used every day for shorter durations (2-4 weeks) if you wanted to build up the dosage.

However I’m curious to know how you run Lantus with your log. If you don’t want to post in the thread just PM me if you don’t mind sharing

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkInsulin glargine (lantus) has a duration of up to 24hrs while toujeo (gragline injection) 24+..lantus will build up in your system so you have to keep in mind that say 24iu week 1 in the morning might not be the same as say 24iu week 3.So id dose morning till familiar with the total blood glucose levels kept. Good thing about it is that its effects are lots weaker than novolog (aspart) or humalog (lispro).
What i would do is:
Measure baseline levels on high dose gh (which i beleive you would be running) see how high they go and start low.
Its a good ammount of work involved but mostly is proper dieting on insulin that seems to be a taboo.
I will personally speak to a someone proffessional sometime these next few weeks who designs these kind of cycles (gh and slin) here locally, im just working on the price so far, whatever i gather i will share. Im planning to run something similar in march but i have to have a diet plan before i do so. At least somewhere i could be safe and not stockpiling fat or being too low/hypo all the time.
The price of research my friends...

joko123

I pinned my lantus first thing in the morning and was using my log with pre Intra and post meals/Shake. I just added a few carbs to each meal I wasn’t using a lot of lantus just 40iu on workout days.

Lantus will shoot your igf through the roof the cts on it was freaking crazy all day everyday on 4 or 5 units of growth. Hands and wrists were dead

His most current updated protocol that he used to give clients is buried in a thread in another forum. I can’t find it

G160
02-06-2018, 02:05 AM
I pinned my lantus first thing in the morning and was using my log with pre Intra and post meals/Shake. I just added a few carbs to each meal I wasn’t using a lot of lantus just 40iu on workout days.

Lantus will shoot your iff through the roof the cts on it was freaking crazy all day everyday on 4 or 5 units of growth. Hands and wrists were dead

His most current updated protocol that he used to give clients is buried in a thread in another forum. I can’t find it

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGood point..nerve damage, you have to keep your cycles short cause just like gh lantus will cause damage long term (it would take a while from what my source juat told me)

Primemuscle
02-06-2018, 02:15 AM
Insulin glargine (lantus) has a duration of up to 24hrs while toujeo (gragline injection) 24+..lantus will build up in your system so you have to keep in mind that say 24iu week 1 in the morning might not be the same as say 24iu week 3.So id dose morning till familiar with the total blood glucose levels kept. Good thing about it is that its effects are lots weaker than novolog (aspart) or humalog (lispro).
What i would do is:
Measure baseline levels on high dose gh (which i beleive you would be running) see how high they go and start low.
Its a good ammount of work involved but mostly is proper dieting on insulin that seems to be a taboo.
I will personally speak to a someone proffessional sometime these next few weeks who designs these kind of cycles (gh and slin) here locally, im just working on the price so far, whatever i gather i will share. Im planning to run something similar in march but i have to have a diet plan before i do so. At least somewhere i could be safe and not stockpiling fat or being too low/hypo all the time.
The price of research my friends...

That makes sense as well as aligns with what I’ve read so that’s a good confirmation.

I will be running gh so I’ll get a baseline of where I’m at (currently running 6ius per day).

And that’s what’s up. I’ll be interested to see what your guy writes up when you link up with him

Primemuscle
02-06-2018, 02:16 AM

Lantus will shoot your igf through the roof the cts on it was freaking crazy all day everyday on 4 or 5 units of growth. Hands and wrists were dead

No doubt that sounds like a good way to utilize it. How many days per week did you or are you using Lantus?

Also how many ius of log were you using for pre/intra & post?

joko123
02-06-2018, 02:31 AM
No doubt that sounds like a good way to utilize it. How many days per week did you or are you using Lantus?

Also how many ius of log were you using for pre/intra & post?

I’m scared to say on the open board lol

I was using the lantus 4 times a week

If your using just lantus it really is hard to go hypo even if you skip a meal your body has regulatory measures to counter it

I would pin my lantus , est breakfast which was a cup of oatmeal , 12 egg whites 1 yolk

Next meal would be all protein no carbs and then the next meal would be carb protein meal. No hypo during meal 2 or in between

G160
02-06-2018, 02:53 AM
I’m scared to say on the open board lol

I was using the lantus 4 times a week

If your using just lantus it really is hard to go hypo even if you skip a meal your body has regulatory measures to counter it

I would pin my lantus , est breakfast which was a cup of oatmeal , 12 egg whites 1 yolk

Next meal would be all protein no carbs and then the next meal would be carb protein meal. No hypo during meal 2 or in between

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkFinally someone mention lantus on open board..!!!!

joko123
02-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Finally someone mention lantus on open board..!!!!

Guilty lol

Anyway also a rule of thumb everyone should be lean, like really lean when using slin especially if you’re gonna use the doses required to pack on some size other wise you’re gonna turn into a round blob

Here’s another good video by matt porter that I enjoyed on slin

INSULIN: RX Muscle Iron Debate w/ Milos Sarcev and Dave Palumbo - YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wGPElu5xto4)

jmassive101
02-06-2018, 06:01 PM
I've used Lantus on a week of Keto, to keep from going into gluconeogenis which it helped but not as much as I wanted to. I personally think as far as insulin goes it's the safest in terms of going hypo. I only did it for a week, in fear of going diabetic. Switched out for Humalog(not on Keto). Never stacked it with another insulin, that's above my paygrade.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Primemuscle
02-06-2018, 06:20 PM
Guilty lol

Anyway also a rule of thumb everyone should be lean, like really lean when using slin especially if you’re gonna use the doses required to pack on some size other wise you’re gonna turn into a round blob

Here’s another good video by matt porter that I enjoyed on slin

INSULIN: RX Muscle Iron Debate w/ Milos Sarcev and Dave Palumbo - YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wGPElu5xto4)

Thanks for sharing that Joko. I’m going to watch that now. Matt Porter is usually on point

joko123
02-06-2018, 06:34 PM
I've used Lantus on a week of Keto, to keep from going into gluconeogenis which it helped but not as much as I wanted to. I personally think as far as insulin goes it's the safest in terms of going hypo. I only did it for a week, in fear of going diabetic. Switched out for Humalog(not on Keto). Never stacked it with another insulin, that's above my paygrade.

For sure is the slower the release the “safer it is “
Your body had regulatory checks and balances where as quick acting log hits fast

jmassive101
02-06-2018, 06:41 PM
For sure is the slower the release the “safer it is “
Your body had regulatory checks and balances where as quick acting log hits fast

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah, it's the only one I would use on Keto........if I ever decide to do Keto again. I fucking hate Keto with a passion by the way.

joko123
02-06-2018, 06:44 PM
Yeah, it's the only one I would use on Keto........if I ever decide to do Keto again. I fucking hate Keto with a passion by the way.

I liked the results from Keto the first week of two are terrible , like going through a caffeine with drawls if you’re a coffee person and ever tried to stop.

I didn’t like that lack of fiber which would have food get stuck in me