PDA

View Full Version : Blood Glucose Levels and GH

rghtnow
01-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Theres alot of talk on what your Blood Glucose levels should do after you inject HGH. According to my Doctor and his understanding of glucose levels and HGH your levels should rise. However there are many factors involved that could cause your levels to actually fall after injection one day and rise the next. Thats why there is no right and wrong answer to the question. This answer here is the most comprehensive answer to the question i have seen posted anywhere. I saw it posted on another forum and i wanted to post it here for everyone. I wish i could take credit for this answer i think it's the best i've seen in explaining why your glucose levels could go either way:

Over the LONG TERM - glucose levels will stay elevated because GH interupt's insulin's ability to shut off the liver's production of glucose. IT also fucks with receptors on the cells surface that are normally used by Insulin to shove sugar into. But this is a process that takes a couple of weeks to manifest, and then again it might not be evident at all if the dosages used and frequency used are small and short enough. Some of us here are in great shape and do plenty of cardio so we won't always see a huge distinction.

But my point here is that if blood glucose does end up rising significantly, it will do so over the long term if.

Now, what happens in the short term depends on so many factors.

It is very possible that a GH could be strongly dosed during a fasted state that it causes a strong surge in fatty acids, and then Insulin is released from the Pancreas. So the insulin sweeps up the FFA and of course in the process sweeps up some of the sugar too, leaving one Hypo for a moment. Then the liver steps up production of Glucose and GLucagon is activated, bringing sugar levels back to normal.

What we would see though in someone whose insulin sensitivity is diminished, would be a rise in glucose above the 90 mark that is healthy.

This is a lot like Currency Exchange Market. There is a long term trend towards glucose intolerance, but the short term can do so many things that it is not a good gauge.

IF your glucose does anything though, after a strong GH shot, then chances are there IS something in the GH. In otherwords, if it was just junk, then nothing would happen after the GH was injected, nothing at all glucose wise.

I agree with almost of of this except his last statement...because if you bought what you thought was GH and there was insulin in there then your glucose levels would move so that statement is incorrect.....otherwise i thought this was a great read

bigpimpdaddy
01-14-2012, 12:53 AM
Very interesting read I might add as well..I am on HGH now (just startedthis week) and will take note of this read while dosing...

chrisotpherm
01-14-2012, 12:59 AM
I would like to know more about this too as it seems you have a 50/50 chance of being responsive to the use of hgh.

rghtnow
01-14-2012, 01:22 AM
Very interesting read I might add as well..I am on HGH now (just startedthis week) and will take note of this read while dosing...

Get yourself a glucose meter and some test strips...take your BG level before you inject...then 15 minutes after you inject take another reading...then 15 min later another one finally an hour after inj take another that should tell you how you are responding to the injection...however this only works if you take a shot and don't eat or drink anything other than water...so do it in the morning while fasting...i'm very sensitive so i have seen my numbers rise sharply so i like to monitor myself every couple of hours....i have had a BG number above 200 many times which as you know isn't good...

bigpimpdaddy
01-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the tip rghtnow..I yes I am also sensitive to sugar levels..Most of the time its hypo but rarely hyper..Either way its a bitch...
You can always feel it coming on it makes me feel like crap and I start having the shakes real bad..I know right then to get me some thing real sweet to eat to bring my levels back up...

rghtnow
01-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the tip rghtnow..I yes I am also sensitive to sugar levels..Most of the time its hypo but rarely hyper..Either way its a bitch...
You can always feel it coming on it makes me feel like crap and I start having the shakes real bad..I know right then to get me some thing real sweet to eat to bring my levels back up...

Yeah thats the way to deal with that...or have a glass of OJ close by and mix in a couple of spoonfuls of sugar and swig it down...usually does the trick...i've been dealing with my Glucose levels climbing way to high like last night i went from 128 up to 200 in an hour...i took my usual dose of gh and followed that with a meal then took my BG level and i was like 205..thats the problem i have with it....