PDA

View Full Version : Liver values

Sh0tsf1red
02-16-2018, 07:03 PM
Good day all

i just had follow up appt with my dr and my liver values are elevated and she wants to 'keep an eye on it'

i have a blood test in 3 weeks and follow up appt in 2 weeks

i am in cycle right now, tren test and mast at 75mg EOD each (being on TRT all the time lets me run low dose cycles with good results)

the test/value in question was ALT(sgpt1) came back at 60 IU/L , normal range is 0-44.

She says if it breaks 100 then she has to back off the test

any ideas on what I can do to lower the value before my next bloods in 3 weeks?? I really don't want to end my cycle early :(

thanks!!

born
02-16-2018, 07:16 PM
NAC(N-acetyl Cysteine)

Sh0tsf1red
02-16-2018, 09:41 PM
NAC(N-acetyl Cysteine)

Hoping you'd way it

where can o find it and is the a recommending dosing ?

born
02-16-2018, 10:10 PM
Hoping you'd way it

where can o find it and is the a recommending dosing ?

You can order it off line.
N-Acetyl Cysteine – NAC – Liver Doctor (https://www.liverdoctor.com/n-acetyl-cysteine/)
Here is a good article on it. Safe use has been proven at 2800mg per day for three months. I would take max dosage until your next doctor visit.

Be sure to tell your doctor to bite your ass for doing their job for them lol!
If you drink like I do sometimes the added glutathione is just plain good for you. Highly unlikely the test is causing your liver value issue unless he/she/it has you on gel or oral.

born
02-16-2018, 10:24 PM

Here is a screenshot from a pubmed article showing great decrease in ALT levels with the administration of NAC. I will post the url below leading to that article so that you can draw your own conclusions. Often times people seem to jump at the chance to throw NAC at any liver value that is high. Fact is I have only seen it proven to be effective on ALT values.
N-Acetylcysteine Improves Liver Function in Patients with Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3270338/)

I am not a nerd. I copy and paste. I have a 12 guage and glock by my bed fully loaded and unlocked. I wear jeans and drive diesels. I live in a very small town and cut trees down. I don't speak like a valley girl and spank my sons if they do. I AM NOT A NERD I JUST READ AN ARTICLE OR TWO, PROMISE!

born
02-16-2018, 10:40 PM
I also will add that milk thistle has been shown to be a good liver SUPPORT. MT is not gonna correct your ALT values like NAC but it can prevent them from getting out of whack in the first place. The key word is SUPPORT.

People chastise the use of it as useless when trying to get their values in check so they ignore it. Fact is it is not for corrective medicine but merely a preventative measure that can be added to your vitamins/supplements.

Another article:
Milk Thistle: Effects on Liver Disease and Cirrhosis and Clinical Adverse Effects: Summary - AHRQ Evidence Report Summaries - NCBI Bookshelf (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK11896/)

Again you can draw your own conclusion from this and many other articles. I am not a doctor, doctors are usually shotgunners that spend little time on their patients and treat rather than prevent.
A good doctor will treat you and make an attempt at preventing future issues ather than just saying, "Oh your ALT levels are high... I blame the test."

Silly wankers... I would probably be the same way if it was my job.

vzzbks
02-19-2018, 02:29 AM
look into liv52. I hear it can be beneficial.

Sh0tsf1red
02-22-2018, 11:52 AM
Thanks for everyone feedback !