PDA

View Full Version : How many of you do your own blood draws?

Live2Train
02-23-2018, 04:04 AM
Maybe this is an odd question, but I might start doing it. I used to donate because my Hematocrit was high, but not above their cut off. I donated for 2 straight years, and then my levels were too low and blood was too thin, so my doctor told me to stop donating and take iron pills. Well, it's been a year and my doctor did my blood work and said I needed to donate again, well it turns out that they say my Hematocrit is too high and I can't donate any longer, so now I have to get a therapeutic blood draw at the hospital and will be deferred from donating. Seems quite ridiculous to me, so I'm just thinking about doing my own at home.

Syber
02-23-2018, 05:14 AM
I've done it a few times, isnt to bad. Can take awhile and gets abit old waiting for it haha.
Id suggest making sure you know what your doing then have someone there with you just incase.
i personally started with just a small amount to make sure it went smoothly and get used to it then took more the following time.
if you search theres a video that shows you how, not sure if it was on this forum or not.

Couchlockd
02-23-2018, 05:50 AM
I'd go to get the the therapeutic blood drawn